forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (osu!mania)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Frustration

JimJoy wrote:

but isnt pp calculated only for passes with highest score?
Looks like not in this case

Tom94 wrote:

Just to clarify: Scores with different mods would all get stored, but only your most giving pp score of these would count towards your total pp.
Also, I'd like to ask if there is any ETA about the new DT pp calculations going live
Halogen-

Tom94 wrote:

Just to clarify: Scores with different mods would all get stored, but only your most giving pp score of these would count towards your total pp.

Keymods are the only ones with which you will possibly be able to get pp multiple times from the same map.
Requesting additional clarification for the first part of this post: I understand the part about all scores getting stored and the highest PP score of them count, but are the leaderboards exclusive from the performance point calculation?

What I mean is this: if someone were to get 1000 MAX and 20 300s on a song and have that score recorded, and then played the same song and got 980 MAX and 40 300s (improbable but possible on easier songs), would the first score be the one to show up on the leaderboards since it is a higher score?

As an aside, I'm slowly getting back into osu! again and I apologize if this question comes across as stupid.
Staiain
I'm actually curious if a 90 - 95 % score on DT will be worth more than 98 - 100% score nomod PP wise, if it is imagine the potential to start DT'ing 4 - 5 star maps 8-)
Kamikaze
@Halogen
This will basically mean that if you have that 1000xMAX 20x300 score on leaderboards and let's say it gives 150pp, and then you'll score 950xMAX 70x300 score with DT that would give 200 pp, the first score is counted towards your positions on map ranking (since it has higher score) and second one is counted towards your pp (since it gives more)
Hope that explains it D:
Staiain
sorry for almost double posting but, will the PP gain scale with the star diffuculty, like if a map is 6* on DT, will it give the same amount as a 6* map nomod?
Fullerene-

Staiain wrote:

sorry for almost double posting but, will the PP gain scale with the star diffuculty, like if a map is 6* on DT, will it give the same amount as a 6* map nomod?
This is the case for other modes I think, so I'd assume so.
Halogen-

-Kamikaze- wrote:

@Halogen
This will basically mean that if you have that 1000xMAX 20x300 score on leaderboards and let's say it gives 150pp, and then you'll score 950xMAX 70x300 score with DT that would give 200 pp, the first score is counted towards your positions on map ranking (since it has higher score) and second one is counted towards your pp (since it gives more)
Hope that explains it D:
That does, thanks!
Sepha
Not sure if this has already been explained but here goes:
So i download a ranked beatmap and first play ever get 57pp weighted at 24%, it says i should get 14pp, which is fair enough. I look and i only have 1pp added to my total, regardless of how long i wait for it to update. Can someone explain why this is?
Full Tablet

SolidGuy wrote:

Not sure if this has already been explained but here goes:
So i download a ranked beatmap and first play ever get 57pp weighted at 24%, it says i should get 14pp, which is fair enough. I look and i only have 1pp added to my total, regardless of how long i wait for it to update. Can someone explain why this is?
When you got that score with 57pp, all scores you have got that are worth less than 57pp reduced their weighting in 5% (reducing the amount of pp they give).
Tristan97
So I know this may have already been discussed to an extent, but if the different keymodes are suppossed to be treated as different modes, then why are there not separate rankings for each keymode? That would help solve a lot of discrepancies with rankings and such.
Staiain
The hype continues, waiting for server implementation :')
Nanatsu
PLZ INCLUDE RANDOM MODE RANK SCORE TOO
MAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
DT nooooooooooooo

So terrible...
PyaKura

_S u w a k o_ wrote:

How would you make it work with everyone playing the same map with different patterns everytime ? :c
Kamikaze
I'm against random being ranked, because it messes up mapper's work too much. It changes patterns that are supossed to be tricky into just random placed which makes it easier (not in all cases obv). I would love to see mirror mod ranked though, it would be perfect for 2p players and on one-hand bias maps
Halogen-

Tristan97 wrote:

So I know this may have already been discussed to an extent, but if the different keymodes are suppossed to be treated as different modes, then why are there not separate rankings for each keymode? That would help solve a lot of discrepancies with rankings and such.
I've wondered this myself. It seems like there's still some merit in valuing higher keymodes, but I don't understand why.

_S u w a k o_ wrote:

Random is something that absolutely should never be ranked. Pattern deviations can cause one person's attempt at a map to be easier than someone else's. That kind of deviation has no place in ranking.
Nanatsu
if u guys thinks about fair, i think mirror mode would be fit and reasonable.

and the mirror is exist in hardrock mode. ( even they don't use it for mirror pattern )
Mwallx
Umm... Saw this thread casually.
I don't know much about other things but my opinion is that autoconvert must be unrankable.
As a player for years I can say that at least 95% autoconvert is not qualifyied to be rankable.
And about score,I think it's necessary to intensify the condition of combo.I met uncountable times
that situations like I was 96% 1 miss being beaten by 98% 30miss. It's just ridiculous.
Thanks for reading ._.
PyaKura
Scoring system is set in stone now, there's no way they're gonna change it. As for autoconverts this has been said and repeated again and again but they somehow want to keep them ranked >.>
Shoegazer
The only legitimate type of "random" mod should be mirror in my opinion, as the hand bias levels would be the same, just switched onto different hands. Using any other deviation of patterns would make the file's patterns too different from the original to really be compared legitimately. Little off-topic, but why isn't there a Mirror option for o!m anyway? Feels a little odd to have a random mod but not mirror.

also DT PP hype
Staiain
Any news on the DT PP front?
EtienneXC

Staiain wrote:

Demane

Staiain wrote:

Elementaires

Staiain wrote:

PyaKura

Staiain wrote:

Frustration

Staiain wrote:

Sillyveon
Posting this because this bug is not fixed. Yesterday I asked morisan7 to try Pipe Dream on 8K because it has a 6.22 star rating and offers approximately 400p with an A rank. I've compared his score to other people who has similar scores, and I noticed that some changes have been implemented to the pp system.

morisan7's score - 90.95% (194pp)

someone's score - 90.83% (399pp)

It seems like people who have tried this song recently do not get the same pp as the ones before. Please look into this problem, thank you.
Kamikaze
Good thing you've brought that up. In standard you guys have disabled pp from tag maps because of "pp abuse", basically one touchscreen player getting 555pp from one of the maps. So why do we still have autoconverts when you can get 350pp from some of them, and you get shit like pipe dream that gets 200pp for ss nomod and 650pp for s on 8k? That's clearly more abusing than one 555pp play, isn't it? And we do we HAVE to play autoconverts to be able to fight for top ranks? That's nonsense.
PyaKura
autoconverts

lol
abraker

Staiain wrote:

Reiko

Staiain wrote:

Rido

Staiain wrote:

Nanatsu

_Sylveon_ wrote:

Posting this because this bug is not fixed. Yesterday I asked morisan7 to try Pipe Dream on 8K because it has a 6.22 star rating and offers approximately 400p with an A rank. I've compared his score to other people who has similar scores, and I noticed that some changes have been implemented to the pp system.

morisan7's score - 90.95% (194pp)

someone's score - 90.83% (399pp)

It seems like people who have tried this song recently do not get the same pp as the ones before. Please look into this problem, thank you.
wtf recently i saw lovesmack player's bp which named Ex something and he still could get 6~700 worth pp.. i quite confuse @.@
Nanatsu

-Kamikaze- wrote:

Good thing you've brought that up. In standard you guys have disabled pp from tag maps because of "pp abuse", basically one touchscreen player getting 555pp from one of the maps. So why do we still have autoconverts when you can get 350pp from some of them, and you get shit like pipe dream that gets 200pp for ss nomod and 650pp for s on 8k? That's clearly more abusing than one 555pp play, isn't it? And we do we HAVE to play autoconverts to be able to fight for top ranks? That's nonsense.

i agree your opinion of pipe dream overall. but, u don't have to blame autoconverts. lol

the autoconvert maps are still osu! mania mapset itself. they still follow music and has pattern.

i know, the patterns are kinda terrible. i still understand it a lot since i am a mapper and player.

but you might already know that most of autoconverts are not have worth pp like mania specific maps..

the amount of high pp maps are limited than specific maps. i think it's still reasonable.
Kamikaze
You still need to play autoconverts in order to be top 10, even if your nickname is jhlee0133 or abcdullah
and that's WRONG
Redon
From the standard pp discussion thread

Tom94 wrote:

Now lastly, why did all tag maps lose their pp rather than only the 2 problematic ones? The answer is being consistent. tag maps were never meant to be played by a single player and would have never passed the ranking rules - even back then - when being considered as single-player maps. This simply was a good opportunity to remove them from ranked play altogether. Scoreboards have been kept to let people keep the amazing scores they put tons of effort into and to keep the niche competition that obviously many enjoy.
Now that we're past the "everything that has a scoreboard must give pp" philosophy, can we talk about removing pp from autoconverts? They are awful, would never have passed the ranking rules as a mania map, they bring nothing but pp calculation issues both in mania and taiko, and players, especially newcomers, should not be encouraged to play them instead of actual mania maps.
Luna

Redon wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

Now lastly, why did all tag maps lose their pp rather than only the 2 problematic ones? The answer is being consistent. tag maps were never meant to be played by a single player and would have never passed the ranking rules - even back then - when being considered as single-player maps. This simply was a good opportunity to remove them from ranked play altogether. Scoreboards have been kept to let people keep the amazing scores they put tons of effort into and to keep the niche competition that obviously many enjoy.
Now that we're past the "everything that has a scoreboard must give pp" philosophy, can we talk about removing pp from autoconverts? They are awful, would never have passed the ranking rules as a mania map, they bring nothing but pp calculation issues both in mania and taiko, and players, especially newcomers, should not be encouraged to play them instead of actual mania maps.
yesyesyesyesyes
Frustration

Redon wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

So much this
Nanatsu

-Kamikaze- wrote:

You still need to play autoconverts in order to be top 10, even if your nickname is jhlee0133 or abcdullah
and that's WRONG

i bet you talking about #1 person who was farmed autoconverts a lot.

then i will say my opinion as top 10 player. lol. you will get 0 pp even you fc 4.2~4.5 star rating difficulty map.

then imagine how many maps which has star rating 4 stars over in autoconvert. i think 20 maps around?

so, is it still painful? hmm. whatever i know your feeling and intention. but it's not absoultely wrong imo
Kamikaze

Redon wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

Whole thread in a nutshell.
@Suwako: Autoconverts are not fully fledged mania maps, they are horrific to play, have broken note placement, random density and AWFUL patterns. This kind of map shouldn't give ANY pp. NEVER. Having players play autoconverts in mixed mapsets with mania diffs in it is just sad.
show more