forum

ATTENTION Newfags, Midfags, Oldfags, and Otherfags!!!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Achromalia

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

I like how people fear mongered each other that the Gov is gonna kick others out of denizenship because they kicked out a disgusting pedophile.

Somehow a group of people you fuckers voted in power for (in which they barely has any and didn't do much with it anyways) is more villainous and evil than a guy who's unapologetically pedophillic, posted cp in the Discord server and did other disgusting shits that's caused his exile.
i can't deny that there are excellent points here, nor can that glaring spotlight on the irony be dismissed.

though to be fair, maybe not all of them were involved in the voting process, therefore not really being capable of being held responsible for ot!government elections, as they'd likely been new at the time if my uninformed guess is correct. it also can be difficult to see things in as clear a scope as this due to how ot!government content is published in the subforum to an extent of prevalence that speaks more to the effectiveness of the roleplay in a sense.

this also isn't too dissimilar from general mechanisms of internet commentary to begin with, in that it can be difficult to differentiate the real scale of things once you're immersed, and people can grow easily agitated and vigilant through this immersion in the internet as a medium for communication, including any form of conflict. that's where we might take something personally, often venturing to do something about it-- even when it's hardly constructive-- like fearmongering about a concern.

not that this fundamentally changes anything, just a note of trivially subtle clarifying factors to consider before the dwellers of OT are held responsible.

octowave wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

i can't wait until they make some foundational thread in OT that kickstarts a whole new lore arc, to celebrate their newfound denizenship

maybe, i'm just hoping for more OT shenanigans that aren't just meta issues

idk octowave can do whatever they want x'D
i'm trying, achrom.... -v-
it's just difficult coming up with a thread idea that i think people will want to participate in
and i'm terrible at improv, so that's something i have to work around
there'll be something big someday, i just don't know what or when
no worries, i wouldn't hold you to anything

if you ever plan to though, i'd say i think my start here turned out pretty similarly. it comes with time and exposure to experience with doing it yourself :>
Ymir
I am always late for his collabs, hopefully I'll be able to secure a spot next time
cephaphysic
-
Ymir

octowave wrote:

-Remi wrote:

I am always late for his collabs, hopefully I'll be able to secure a spot next time
i already have a date decided for the next one if that helps

20th nov 2023

it's a thematic thing
Is it okay to reserve a spot in advance?
cephaphysic
-
Nuuskamuikkunen
Oh good another denizen, congrats!
Rigbyuis
regret
Polyspora
I was thinking, I know it doesnt make him innocent but what if igor was just trying really hard to be edgy?
ghoulybits

Polyspora wrote:

I was thinking, I know it doesnt make him innocent but what if igor was just trying really hard to be edgy?
That still wouldn't change the fact that he was clearly aware that his actions were wrong and had been given multiple different warnings, none of which he listened to.
Polyspora

ghoulybits wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

That still wouldn't change the fact that he was clearly aware that his actions were wrong and had been given multiple different warnings, none of which he listened to.
just a game theory :)
WitherMite

Polyspora wrote:

at some point it stops mattering if it was done "ironically" and is still just a fucked up thing to do/say.

much of what he's done is over that line
Achromalia

Polyspora wrote:

ghoulybits wrote:

WitherMite wrote:

at some point it stops mattering if it was done "ironically" and is still just a fucked up thing to do/say.

precisely. it would be a classic scenario of playing stupid games, winning stupid prizes. there really wouldn't be anything more to expect of it after ignoring the efforts previously described, and so the case is effectively shut, cut, and dried.
z0z

WitherMite wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

edgy and actually meaning the thing might as well be the same thing since it would be hard to tell intent
Topic Starter
abraker

Polyspora wrote:

Fuck around and find out
[ Sebastian ]

abraker wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Fuck around and find out
Really poor word choice for the situation lol
[ Sebastian ]
It's hard to think that everyone was complaining about the OT government a few days ago. Now it seems like nobody cares.
Polyspora

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

It's hard to think that everyone was complaining about the OT government a few days ago. Now it seems like nobody cares.
I lost interest, people took it too seriously. government havent made an alliance with us yet, so I'll keep shitting on them lmao
ghoulybits

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

People are able to continue to complain if they wish, but I can't say I'll be too inclined to respond if the only complaints are either about things that we've already addressed or things that aren't true/won't happen.
Manishh

ghoulybits wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

People are able to continue to complain if they wish, but I can't say I'll be too inclined to respond if the only complaints are either about things that we've already addressed or things that aren't true/won't happen.
Ymir

Manishh wrote:

ghoulybits wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Jar, get off manishh's account
Topic Starter
abraker

NOTICE

Following the announcement of octowave’s entry as a denizen, we are back to follow up with another member. Consisting of more than 10 months wasted in OT, this member has proven their worth to claim the title of a denizen. With their iconic perfectly round head, sexy slim shape, and minimalist appearance, they have helped set the building block for the 9th generation and all the people, creatures, aliens, and abominations that dwell within it. The OT! Parliament is pleased to welcome Stomiks of the non-essential quintuplet as the third 9th generation denizen!
Written by ShinRun, editorialized by abraker
Ryu Sei
but which gen am i, confusion noises

looks great tbh
Kaaruumii
I LITERALLY CALLED IT

GRATS BROTHER!!
[ Sebastian ]
Congrats to Stomiks! But this begs a question. How often are you guys electing new denizens?
Dementedduck
Stomiks pog
[ Sebastian ]

Ryu Sei wrote:

but which gen am i, confusion noises

looks great tbh
You have to be active on OT for 8 months before you can qualify to be denizen. Gen 9 might still be open by that time.
Topic Starter
abraker

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Congrats to Stomiks! But this begs a question. How often are you guys electing new denizens?
We got a few lined up, but I want to space them out by a week at the very least. Doing them all at once is ehhh
her everything

abraker wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

We got a few lined up, but I want to space them out by a week at the very least. Doing them all at once is ehhh
i hope i'll be next which i'm more likely not, btw congrats Stomiks. after 10 fricking months, you finally are in the history books 🥳🥳🥳
cephaphysic
-
Rigbyuis
lesgooo stomikss
TGGD
Congratulations Stickman
ShinRun

octowave wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

I LITERALLY CALLED IT

GRATS BROTHER!!
i was expecting stomiks to be the next denizen as well
I know you guys won’t believe it but I also knew Stomiks would be the next denizen
Nuuskamuikkunen
LET'S GOOOOOO
Stomiks
Damn I got denizenship on Christmas day. Thanks for the Christmas present guys.
B0ii
Who's next?
Scyla
The Stick of 9th
YyottaCat
Congrats!
Cerno
Grats stick person
z0z
congrats
Ymir
Well fucking deserved 👏👏