forum

ATTENTION Newfags, Midfags, Oldfags, and Otherfags!!!

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kaaruumii

abraker wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

They can revoke denizenship now?
Dude, you are in the OT! Government. Are you sleeping under a rock?
Based unaware innocent Corne <3
Polyspora

abraker wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

...problems start to surge if other people start revoking or get revoked due to not meeting the current criteria or being unhappy with the system, and we're basically 1 step away from that scenario
OT will turn into a hellhole if that starts happening. And considering abraker's stupid ideas, I would 100% expect him to do that.
Let me make something clear: The OT! Government controls denizenship. I used to but not anymore.
Cerno
the wise words of q9
Polyspora

Cerno wrote:

the wise words of q9
lmao
Corne2Plum3
tl;dr please?
ghoulybits

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

tl;dr please?
The TL;DR is please be active in the government channels again please please please
[ Sebastian ]
I don't know why I was following those random people over something so small. I make these mistakes a lot. I want to be normal and not have so many things wrong with me.
Achromalia

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

tl;dr please?
igorsprite had denizenship status revoked.

the introduction of revocable denizenship was interpreted as a scary precedent toward unfair misuse of power and extrajudicial removal of people from the list of denizens.

people turned it into an unreasonably hyperbolic avalanche of complaints and severe misunderstandings about what qualifies denizenship and what qualifies it being revoked.

ghouly tried to clarify, people began to antagonize her and unfortunately failed to sit and listen for a moment.

after establishing that revoking denizenship is done in significantly fringe cases, and that nobody else is in danger of it at the moment, we seemed to have accepted it and quieted down.
z0z

Achromalia wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

tl;dr please?
igorsprite had denizenship status revoked.

the introduction of revocable denizenship was interpreted as a scary precedent toward unfair misuse of power and extrajudicial removal of people from the list of denizens.

people turned it into an unreasonably hyperbolic avalanche of complaints and severe misunderstandings about what qualifies denizenship and what qualifies it being revoked.

ghouly tried to clarify, people began to antagonize her and unfortunately failed to sit and listen for a moment.

after establishing that revoking denizenship is done in significantly fringe cases, and that nobody else is in danger of it at the moment, we seemed to have accepted it and quieted down.
i think his denizenship is revoked due to evidence (and a admittance according to abarker) that he is a pedo
Stomiks
It hurt reading all of that.
Kaaruumii
i think people seem to forget its literally just an imaginary title on a forum thread lol
Polyspora
I think this situation would be avoided if you guys only typed "we revoked igor denizenship because he didnt do shit and is a pedo this wont happen again my bad."
Manishh

Polyspora wrote:

I think this situation would be avoided if you guys only typed "we revoked igor denizenship because he didnt do shit and is a pedo this wont happen again my bad."
lmao
ghoulybits

Polyspora wrote:

Yeah, totally. People definitely read those posts too!

(though I do agree that there should have been more of an elaboration in the original statement)
Corne2Plum3

ghoulybits wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

(though I do agree that there should have been more of an elaboration in the original statement)
It was between wall of texts that why some people missed it.
Kaaruumii

ghoulybits wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

imma be honest there has been way too many denizen posts here i just stopped caring to read em lol
Scyla
i want the reject group of terrorist
Serraionga
y'all nerds
Patatitta
yeah i'm out of this disscusion, said what I felt to shinrun in DM, if I end up getting denizen (aparrently I cant reject it) that shows that thy system is just fucked, since I do not deserve it contribution-wise, my clears on everything else are clear if you read this thread, and it doesn't seem that my feedback is going to make it to change
Ymir
bro just take it
Topic Starter
abraker

NOTICE

Despite the current turbulent mayhem and controversial decisions taken, things shall progress as they did. Today the OT! parliament has passed a vote to bestow the great title of denizen to a fellow dweller. Except the title is not great and means nothing, so- ahem. This individual’s activity is rather lackluster compared to others however their contribution is without a doubt one of a kind. Their talent and love for the OT community landed not one but two of their creations in OT’s Royal Museum of Art. Their work has captured the beginnings of 9th gen and brought many denizens together through his collabs. Give a round of applause to synthwavesquid! Oh Wait holup, I've been told they leveled up - fun stuff. Give 8x rounds of applause to octowave!
Written by ShinRun, editorialized by abraker
Apraxye
Congrats.
Polyspora
congrats dude
Cerno
Oi lads, we got us ‘ere a bri-ish mate innit
[ Sebastian ]
Nice 👏
Stomiks
Here's to seeing more of your artworks here, octo. 🥂
Kaaruumii
Congrats!
Achromalia
oc-to-wave! oc-to-wave! oc-to-wave!

[celebratory bone-rattling]
her everything
Congrats octowave 🥳🥳🥳
Zelzatter Zero
2nd addition to 9th gen

it's been a while
z0z
congrats
Achromalia
i can't wait until they make some foundational thread in OT that kickstarts a whole new lore arc, to celebrate their newfound denizenship

maybe, i'm just hoping for more OT shenanigans that aren't just meta issues

idk octowave can do whatever they want x'D
TGGD
Congrats octo
Manishh
congrats
Corne2Plum3
gg
Tad Fibonacci
I like how people fear mongered each other that the Gov is gonna kick others out of denizenship because they kicked out a disgusting pedophile.

Somehow a group of people you fuckers voted in power for (in which they barely has any and didn't do much with it anyways) is more villainous and evil than a guy who's unapologetically pedophillic, posted cp in the Discord server and did other disgusting shits that's caused his exile.
cephaphysic
-
Achromalia

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

I like how people fear mongered each other that the Gov is gonna kick others out of denizenship because they kicked out a disgusting pedophile.

Somehow a group of people you fuckers voted in power for (in which they barely has any and didn't do much with it anyways) is more villainous and evil than a guy who's unapologetically pedophillic, posted cp in the Discord server and did other disgusting shits that's caused his exile.
i can't deny that there are excellent points here, nor can that glaring spotlight on the irony be dismissed.

though to be fair, maybe not all of them were involved in the voting process, therefore not really being capable of being held responsible for ot!government elections, as they'd likely been new at the time if my uninformed guess is correct. it also can be difficult to see things in as clear a scope as this due to how ot!government content is published in the subforum to an extent of prevalence that speaks more to the effectiveness of the roleplay in a sense.

this also isn't too dissimilar from general mechanisms of internet commentary to begin with, in that it can be difficult to differentiate the real scale of things once you're immersed, and people can grow easily agitated and vigilant through this immersion in the internet as a medium for communication, including any form of conflict. that's where we might take something personally, often venturing to do something about it-- even when it's hardly constructive-- like fearmongering about a concern.

not that this fundamentally changes anything, just a note of trivially subtle clarifying factors to consider before the dwellers of OT are held responsible.

octowave wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

i can't wait until they make some foundational thread in OT that kickstarts a whole new lore arc, to celebrate their newfound denizenship

maybe, i'm just hoping for more OT shenanigans that aren't just meta issues

idk octowave can do whatever they want x'D
i'm trying, achrom.... -v-
it's just difficult coming up with a thread idea that i think people will want to participate in
and i'm terrible at improv, so that's something i have to work around
there'll be something big someday, i just don't know what or when
no worries, i wouldn't hold you to anything

if you ever plan to though, i'd say i think my start here turned out pretty similarly. it comes with time and exposure to experience with doing it yourself :>
Ymir
I am always late for his collabs, hopefully I'll be able to secure a spot next time
cephaphysic
-
show more