forum

Official statement from the OT!President about recent events

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
ghoulybits

Polyspora wrote:

TYRANNY! she’s afraid of falling! Resistance is essential!
You call what I do tyranny, yet isn't forcing others to join an economical system without their consent also tyrannical in nature? I don't fear falling, I simply fear being replaced by a weak, power-hungry institution that does not care about the rights afforded to everyone on OT.
Ymir
I don't blame the misunderstanding, yet there was one.
The economy in the Coalition is strictly related to Coalition goods.
Posters will be pulled into the economy via money being delivered to their account,
but can choose to do nothing with the money they were given, hence they are free to break rules if they choose not to care.

Rules only apply within the Coalition and it's various property and events, not the greater OT.

Hope that clears things up for you, and I hope we can co-operate peacefully in future.

The Economy is still a pending suggestion, since it's a complicated topic.
Also, it will run seperately to OT!Bucks.
Polyspora

ghoulybits wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

TYRANNY! she’s afraid of falling! Resistance is essential!
You call what I do tyranny, yet isn't forcing others to join an economical system without their consent also tyrannical in nature? I don't fear falling, I simply fear being replaced by a weak, power-hungry institution that does not care about the rights afforded to everyone on OT.
hmmmmm....... I think you're afraid of someone who isnt you in the power señorita (or señora idk), competition will always benefit the consumer, the consumer now being denizens and other participants of OT. we haven't even started and yet you call us power-hungry and weak, if that isn't fear or prepotency I dont know what it is.

With Elegancy

OT! Representative Polyspora
--- ..-. ..-. -....- - --- .--. .. -.-. ---... / -.-. --- -- -- ..- -. .. - -.-- / .-... / ..- -. .. --- -.
z0z
not gonna lie, this kind of announcement can be picked apart as "weak"
Jarcrafted
Govern yourself a will to live
[ Sebastian ]
Dear Ghostly,

Okay

From [ Sebastian ].
Karmine
I support this statement
Corne2Plum3
I thought the government was gone
KeikiEnjoyer
Why is the government limiting our rights to research weapons? It is mostly used for self defense anyways, also not every weapon is gonna be used and/or be donated towards prolonging the war because most of us remains neutral in this situation

we demand explanation as soon as possible

- your local engineer
Corne2Plum3

NotRaffi wrote:

Why is the government limiting our rights to research weapons? It is mostly used for self defense anyways, also not every weapon is gonna be used and/or be donated towards prolonging the war because most of us remains neutral in this situation

- your local engineer
Every pro-weapon argument ever
Scyla
Human rights for padorus!
Patatitta
is this your first act as a president?, cant really recall anything else lol
Karmine

Patatitta wrote:

OT was at peace, there was no need for the government, but the padorus are trying to overthrow it so they have to act
Duck o-o
Ty for the audiobook, wayy better than a tldr
KeikiEnjoyer

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

NotRaffi wrote:

- your local engineer
Every pro-weapon argument ever
I like my pew pews sorry
Patatitta

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

OT was at peace, there was no need for the government, but the padorus are trying to overthrow it so they have to act
so government is just mainly an rp thing?
Karmine

Patatitta wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Yeah, the only thing they do is name denizens but that doesn't mean anything. There's also OT!Court and all but it's all rp, in the end they don't have any actual power, only GMTs do.
Patatitta

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Yeah, the only thing they do is name denizens but that doesn't mean anything. There's also OT!Court and all but it's all rp, in the end they don't have any actual power, only GMTs do.
ah, thought they had more actual power, my bad
ClevelandsMyBro
tl;dr

Topic Starter
ghoulybits

-Remi wrote:

I don't blame the misunderstanding, yet there was one.
The economy in the Coalition is strictly related to Coalition goods.
Posters will be pulled into the economy via money being delivered to their account,
but can choose to do nothing with the money they were given, hence they are free to break rules if they choose not to care.

Rules only apply within the Coalition and it's various property and events, not the greater OT.

Hope that clears things up for you, and I hope we can co-operate peacefully in future.

The Economy is still a pending suggestion, since it's a complicated topic.
Also, it will run seperately to OT!Bucks.
If you can clarify this in your original post, that would be greatly appreciated.

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Dear Ghostly,

Okay

From [ Sebastian ].
I think this is the first time someone's ever messed up my username.
Rigbyuis
NO MORE WAR!!! PEACE....

THE ONLY WAY TO FIND PEACE IS ACTUALLY EASIER IF WE ALL JOIN TO CREATE A HAPPY AND INCLUSIVE OT...

defeating padoru-ers...
but, without all these organizations.
ILL BE THE FIRST ANARCHIST

FUCK PADORU
FUCK OT COALITION
FUCK OT GOVERNMENT
FUCK ALL COMPANIES
Jarcrafted

Rigbyuis wrote:

NO MORE WAR!!! PEACE....

THE ONLY WAY TO FIND PEACE IS ACTUALLY EASIER IF WE ALL JOIN TO CREATE A HAPPY AND INCLUSIVE OT...

defeating padoru-ers...

FUCK PADORU
FUCK OT COALITION
FUCK OT GOVERNMENT
FUCK ALL COMPANIES
If there is no groups no large amount of members will go against each other
synthwavesquid
-
Rigbyuis
anarco-pacifist side of the war

octowave wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

NO MORE WAR!!! PEACE....

defeating padoru-ers...

FUCK PADORU
FUCK OT COALITION
FUCK OT GOVERNMENT
FUCK ALL COMPANIES
saw "anarchist", i'm on board
anarco-pacifist side of the board
Jarcrafted

Rigbyuis wrote:

octowave wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

NO MORE WAR!!! PEACE....

defeating padoru-ers...

FUCK PADORU
FUCK OT COALITION
FUCK OT GOVERNMENT
FUCK ALL COMPANIES
If there's anarchy, meaning there are no rules
There cannot be peace as people have no reason to not act out
There is no order when there's nothing to keep order
Rigbyuis

Jarcrafted wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

octowave wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

NO MORE WAR!!! PEACE....

defeating padoru-ers...

FUCK PADORU
FUCK OT COALITION
FUCK OT GOVERNMENT
FUCK ALL COMPANIES
you're confusing libertarianism with anarchy.

in anarchy, what reigns is the no agression principle. anarchists look for a better world, and see the abolition of any kind of government or religion as the only way, since in theory (and stated by jean jacques rosseau) the human is good in nature

libertarianism is what is often confused with anarchism, and is doing whatever you want. that doesn't mean it doesn't have a philosophy though
Ymir
As much as I believe Anarchy = Fun, you have to remember who did denizenship all this time, and who keeps track of the lore and law.
Spoiler alert, it was the OT!Govt.

It's also worth noting that 2 of the 3 people advocating for Anarchy are either new, or invisible (aka: rarely posted until now).
Topic Starter
ghoulybits

-Remi wrote:

As much as I believe Anarchy = Fun, you have to remember who did denizenship all this time, and who keeps track of the lore and law.
Spoiler alert, it was the OT!Govt.

It's also worth noting that 2 of the 3 people advocating for Anarchy are either new, or invisible (aka: rarely posted until now).
Let them be anarchists, it gives me things to do :) I like seeing my position finally be useful
Jarcrafted

Rigbyuis wrote:

Jarcrafted wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

octowave wrote:

Rigbyuis wrote:

NO MORE WAR!!! PEACE....

defeating padoru-ers...

FUCK PADORU
FUCK OT COALITION
FUCK OT GOVERNMENT
FUCK ALL COMPANIES
you're confusing libertarianism with anarchy.

in anarchy, what reigns is the no agression principle. anarchists look for a better world, and see the abolition of any kind of government or religion as the only way, since in theory (and stated by jean jacques rosseau) the human is good in nature

libertarianism is what is often confused with anarchism, and is doing whatever you want. that doesn't mean it doesn't have a philosophy though
Abolition of government obviously will lead to no laws, and if there are no laws to stop one from doing bad, people will do bad.
If EVERYONE is under that, there will be no one to stop others from doing wrong even if they suppose that they prioritize "no aggression"
You can't have peace, people will always disagree, you just have to hope they can find a stalemate
Rigbyuis

-Remi wrote:

As much as I believe Anarchy = Fun, you have to remember who did denizenship all this time, and who keeps track of the lore (and law.)

i'm "not" new here (nor inactive, except for the 1 month break i took since i didnt find forums interesting anymore) i've actually been posting in OT since like... half of the year

now, one thing it's me not being new or inactive, but another one it's me being irrelevant to the ot lore and the ot circle in general because i stay away from it for no reason
Ymir

Rigbyuis wrote:

-Remi wrote:

As much as I believe Anarchy = Fun, you have to remember who did denizenship all this time, and who keeps track of the lore (and law.)

i'm "not" new here (nor inactive, except for the 1 month break i took since i didnt find forums interesting anymore) i've actually been posting in OT since like... half of the year

now, one thing it's me not being new or inactive, but another one it's me being irrelevant to the ot lore and the ot circle in general because i stay away from it for no reason
Half a year is still very new, my brother...
YyottaCat
WTF has happened since I went inactive???

BTW: If people want to be like US democrats then honestly I can’t support that. War is bad.

I will stay against Padoruship.
Ymir

YyottaCat wrote:

WTF has happened since I went inactive???

BTW: If people want to be like US democrats then honestly I can’t support that. War is bad.

I will stay against Padoruship.
It isn't an effort to let the Padoru have total control, it's an effort to let this be our last invasion.
This is why I made sure to have 2 Anti-Padoru members, and 1 Padoru member.

synthwavesquid
-
Topic Starter
ghoulybits

octowave wrote:

jesus christ, i'm just here for silly roleplaying, not whatever political debate is going on here
At this point, this thread has evolved well past any of my expectations
Polyspora

octowave wrote:

jesus christ, i'm just here for silly roleplaying, not whatever political debate is going on here
if it start getting political we'll cease the roleplay. everyone here just wants to have a good time

I dont know why yyotta brought politics up, but lets end it here please
Ymir

Polyspora wrote:

octowave wrote:

if it start getting political we'll cease the roleplay. everyone here just wants to have a good time

Yeah
If we're being deadass, all the stuff related to Padoru is just silly roleplay.
Only thing that isn't is probably Events and shit
z0z
i prefer the [REDACTED] party, i like their stuff more than the [REDACTED] party

Polyspora wrote:

octowave wrote:

i think she brought it up as a object of comparison

it's pretty much not a good idea to bring up such a thing in most contexts though
Topic Starter
ghoulybits

z0z wrote:

i prefer the [REDACTED] party, i like their stuff more than the [REDACTED] party
Based and [REDACTED]pilled
Stomiks

z0z wrote:

Hey! You can't say that!
synthwavesquid
-
Kaaruumii
why are teenagers so obsessed with real world politics lol its boring adult shit anyways
Cerno
the fuck happened
Jarcrafted

Kaaruumii wrote:

why are teenagers so obsessed with real world politics lol its boring adult shit anyways
Because it makes them feel speshull
[ Sebastian ]
Stop with all the real-world politics -_-
Kaaruumii
[ Sebastian ]

Kaaruumii wrote:

Stop! It's a trick!
Rigbyuis

Kaaruumii wrote:

NO NO NO NO NO NO WAIT
Manishh
WAITTT WOMEN. NO NO NO, THIS ISNT RIGHT. I will not help this government.
WitherMite

Manishh wrote:

Manish moment
Achromalia
this is looking pretty fun :>

---

WitherMite wrote:

Manishh wrote:

Manish moment
manish moment...

Jarcrafted wrote:

Kaaruumii wrote:

Because it makes them feel speshull
seems to be a pretty inaccurate assessment. in this case, it might genuinely be a lot more simple than that: it's fun.

granted, i guess it's pretty common for that teenager to also want to affirm and propagate their own perspective through the scope of what they see in their world politically, or... some kind of reason adjacent to that. probably could be a way form them to process or extrapolate that to another realm like OT in service of any number of motives, from idealism to hedonism.

that said, not sure why "feeling special" became something pejorative anyways... if anything, malignant contrarianism would be more significant and problematic.

...i should clarify that i'm not painting you as that, it's more that the phrase brings some notable things to mind that people do act on.