forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Catch the Beat)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Kingkevin30

Tom94 wrote:

What do you mean by platewalking?

This is platewalking
Topic Starter
Tom94

Kingkevin30 wrote:

This is platewalking
Thanks, I know it is hard and completely underrated at the moment - but didn't know what it was called. :)
iiyo

Tom94 wrote:

Kingkevin30 wrote:

This is platewalking
Thanks, I know it is hard and completely underrated at the moment - but didn't know what it was called. :)
Thanks for taking time out of your day to help out the CTB Community, I know you don't play CTB so creating a formula for PP Gain on CTB must be very tough, but platewalking is indeed hard and takes very good timing and accuracy, also you should calculate maps like Distorted Love Song and Cheshire,s Dance a lot more, getting less than 150 PP for a AR10 stream map is kind of absurd. I'm not really sure how you would create a formula to do that? so best of luck I guess, the only way I can think of is to calculate the hard parts in a map sort of like "Platewalking" Or "Back and forth jumps" Like what you did etc.

Best of luck.
TheVileOne
Unlike osu! standard, AR is much more important in CTB. You have limited movement speed. You can't just move the catcher faster if you have a delayed reaction. Well you can, but at least for me a lot of CTB is muscle memory and if you have to adjust on the fly it gets a lot less consistent, especially at higher ARs.
eldnl

Kingkevin30 wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

What do you mean by platewalking?

This is platewalking
why me, shame
VelperK

eldnl wrote:

Kingkevin30 wrote:

This is platewalking
why me, shame
well...

khdragon260
Well I really like this system it lets new players join without too much pressure, and allows them to play with a sense of importance on their part. Also just so we are clear..... I'm going straight for the number 1 spot. in due time my friends. I play this more than i play Xbox one. :!: :!: :!:
-Ryuujii-

khdragon260 wrote:

Well I really like this system it lets new players join without too much pressure, and allows them to play with a sense of importance on their part. Also just so we are clear..... I'm going straight for the number 1 spot. in due time my friends. I play this more than i play Xbox one. :!: :!: :!:
That is a sad life.
tsundoll

-Ryuujii- wrote:

khdragon260 wrote:

That is a sad life.
Pretending other players aren't just as full of themselves? Hah. Good one.
DxNightwave
Pretending other players aren't just as full of themselves? Hah. Good one.[/quote]

WOW that really is, a sad life, 10/10 best person whom knows all, grace me with your knowledge : 3
-Ryuujii-
understand me what means that, please Kappa
DxNightwave

-Ryuujii- wrote:

understand me what means that, please Kappa
You troll : )
iiyo

khdragon260 wrote:

hey it's me LOL hi twin

Just kidding.

Your going to get eaten alive, just like me if you start talking like that.
tsundoll

khdragon260 wrote:

It's good to have ambition at any rate.
TheVileOne
Literally free pp in this map (the Easy!)

I don't know what happens to easier songs, but it obviously overrates some of them to ridiculous amounts. The few jumps that require dashing are 1/1 at 120 BPM. These notes are spaced 500 ms which is more than enough to catch them. The fact that they are across the screen does not make them hard, because they are spaced in the timeline and it's only one part of the map that has this. It was so easy to play that I didn't want to add a third mod to it, because it would give me a ton more pp than it should be worth.

Three mods so OP.
Kingkevin30

TheVileOne wrote:

Literally free pp in this map (the Easy!)

I don't know what happens to easier songs, but it obviously overrates some of them to ridiculous amounts. The few jumps that require dashing are 1/1 at 120 BPM. These notes are spaced 500 ms which is more than enough to catch them. The fact that they are across the screen does not make them hard, because they are spaced in the timeline and it's only one part of the map that has this. It was so easy to play that I didn't want to add a third mod to it, because it would give me a ton more pp than it should be worth.

Three mods so OP.
There are many "Easy/Normal diff PP Maps"..
here are some interesting ones, maybe that will help finding out what kind of pp-base rating would be right for them.
Scooter - And No Matches {Hop!}
Caramell - Caramelldansen {Normal}
Mario Tennis 64 - Peach's Secret Court {Set Point}
Nobuo Uematsu - You're Not Alone {Normal}
Lin-G - I Want You {Normal}
2pm - Tetris {Level 3}
Kitokofox
It's time I make a very lengthy post again.

Stats for CtB:
Spacing difficulty (Dist)
This stat is an alpha of the jump difficulties. Each note has a difficulty assigned to it based on it's placement.
Since CtB is a constantly moving game, it's not just based on the distances between each fruit, but also the leading fruit. So, each fruit has their set difficulty to get to the next fruit, with an addition of the difficulty from the previous fruit's difficulty.
Control action speed (Speed)
Speed is the amount of rigorous hand movement and coordination required to catch the fruits in addition to the BPM.
Accuracy of movement required (Acc)
This is determined by the circle size, as well as the sliders involved. Not a big stat but can be more powerful with wild sliders and sliders going beyond walking speed as well as fruits getting very small.
Approach rate difficulty (App)
Higher AR rates are more difficult in terms of difficulty and are based on the time the fruits are on screen. AR11 is 1.5x more difficult than AR10.

Mods
and how they affect the game and difficulty.

Difficulty Increase

Hidden
This mod provides less visibility. In this case, it makes it harder to be accurate with the fruits, and requires a little more timing ability. Difficult jumps become increasingly harder. This isn't too much of a difficulty increase but it's enough to be very notable in jumpy maps. Low approach rates also make this mod a tiny bit more difficult because of how much more memorization is required. It becomes only slightly less difficult with higher and approach rates.
Slight boost to:
+Acc
Good boost to:
+Dist (Depends on AR a little too)

DoubleTime
This mod provides increased beatmap speed. This also means increased approach rate, increased need of control, and increased need for jump movement. This is the more difficult modifier of the two 1.06x score increases. This can also increase little slow streams into something more difficult.
Slight boost to:
+Acc
Good boost to:
+Dist
+App
Big boost to:
+Speed

HardRock
Also popular among players for the instant ticket to AR9.8 and AR10. It makes the fruits smaller and increases the approach rate where it can be increased. It makes it more difficult to get a good accuracy as well. It also scrambles the fruits a little, so the distance difficulty should be calculated as if the map were scrambled up with HardRock.
Good boost to:
+Dist
+App (Depends on the AR, it maxes at AR10)
Big boost to:
+Acc

Flashlight
Still the most powerful of the 1.12x score mods, is Flashlight. It provides limited visibility, including difficulty in seeing large jumps and getting good accuracy. It makes approach shorter because of the limited visibility above, as well.
Good boost to:
+Acc
Big boost to:
+App
+Dist

Difficulty Decrease

NoFail
his mod does nothing except prevent you from failing. No stat change whatsoever.

Easy
This modifier tones down the stats of the map, but not the notes. this includes reduced difficulty on needing to aim at jumps, the accuracy involved, and the approach rate. When joined with hidden, this increases the difficulty of aiming a little when AR is very low.
Slight decrease to:
-Dist (Except when AR gets low when used with hidden)
Good decrease to:
-Acc
Big decrease to:
-App

HalfTime
also a powerful difficulty reduction mod in it's own speculation. It reducdes speed as well as the approach rate and hit aim requirement a little, being the exact opposite of DoubleTime.
Slight decrease to:
-Acc
Good decrease to:
-Dist
-App
Big decrease to:
-Speed

I hope this helps you. In a lot of cases, you can't just use a % change for maps when using mods. It just doesn't work, with how diverse maps are.

I also think that my definition on jump distance here might rectify the "Long jumps being uber powerful" thing. In some cases they are though (Like Wild eyes and Go Berzerk, they have those jumps all over)
Salamat
I'm losing rank because of improving songs? K den
Kingkevin30
i just noticed.. some mod combinations are haaarshly underrated, i mean the amount of pp from this "easy" HR+HD record is really way to high in comparison to the other Mod combinations
Magicu_old
I don't really care about the ranking system to begin with. In my opinion, growth is never AS accurate or weighed properly by scripts and whatever is used in creating a natural ranking system. But, that's just me. As for the community, I wouldn't mind a little revamping and work did on the ranking system. I think it could be a bit more redefined and more user-friendly.
Granger
Is there any way to hide/remove scores? Honestly, i got a new top rank that is even more broken than the old one from Still Alive, who'd have guessed that this is even possible? I dont want those PPs, i dont deseve them.

Its a 6.13 star map that plays like some 4 star map, i was able to FC it with ease. Could HR it too but id rather not...

Anyways, i theres some correlation with Still alive, high circle size and 1/4 closs screen jumps.
Zak
Most people are aware of maps like the giving extreme amounts of pp, it hasn't been fixed yet, and I doubt it will be any time soon.
lineqtxz
rip
CelegaS
After easy map giving tons of pp there are hard map giving nothing. I love ppv2.
-Ryuujii-
VOTE for go berzerk best map 2014!..wait
-PM-
So when nurf patch pp amount of HT?
Yukiteru Amano
When Will FL get nurfed?
Zak

-PM- wrote:

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

When Will FL get nurfed?
Never
Kitokofox

Zak wrote:

-PM- wrote:

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

When Will FL get nurfed?
Never
I see nothing wrong with FL. It's a very difficult mod and totally worth the performance if you pull it off (and the points too)

As for HT, there's going to be a speed factor implemented for CtB pp so you might see that getting calculated much like it does with doubletime.
:)
follon
Full mode SS gives less PP than HD HR FL. (Not weighet pp)
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/94942?m=2
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/bZjRa/f54033b86e.jpg
#1 got 240
I got 255
Kingkevin30

follon wrote:

Full mode SS gives less PP than HD HR FL. (Not weighet pp)
Map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/94942?m=2
Screenshot: http://puu.sh/bZjRa/f54033b86e.jpg
#1 got 240
I got 255
wow...that is really dumb xD, i just checked to with Osu!Trainer, you're right..
DeletedUser_500696

Yukiteru Amano wrote:

When Will FL get nurfed?
PLS yuki, FL on ar8+ needs to be boosted imo, there are less FL players now than like 4 years ago makes me sad. Also I think EZ+FL should be worth 1.00x at the least hue
- Rii -
imo
1. you people do realize yuki's reply about fl is just a sarcasm to the previous post right?
2. there are reasons why there are less fl player nowadays and that is not just because it gives less of this bullshit points
3. this bullshit points already have tons of proof that it is broken and even (much) worse than the previous one, at least for now
4. i don't think it would be that simple to fix all of those crap anytime soon, especially when tom seems pretty much busy with other stuffs as well
5. if you want this to get resolved quickly, try playing any maps you like and enjoy this game mode the way it is or go away/play other games... pretty much the best solution
alxnr

- Rii - wrote:

imo
1. you people do realize yuki's reply about fl is just a sarcasm to the previous post right?
2. there are reasons why there are less fl player nowadays and that is not just because it gives less of this bullshit points
3. this bullshit points already have tons of proof that it is broken and even (much) worse than the previous one, at least for now
4. i don't think it would be that simple to fix all of those crap anytime soon, especially when tom seems pretty much busy with other stuffs as well
5. if you want this to get resolved quickly, try playing any maps you like and enjoy this game mode the way it is or go away/play other games... pretty much the best solution
Nuh-uh, playing other games won't have any effect to this.
- Rii -

alxnr wrote:

Nuh-uh, playing other games won't have any effect to this.
so you think by saying that will give any effect to this?
alxnr

- Rii - wrote:

so you think by saying that will give any effect to this?
Of course... not.
Zak
Going to be honest and say there's probably not much more to discuss here until Tom comes back to work on CtB's pp system and rework it as we've covered almost everything that can be right now. So it's probably best to let it sit here instead of arguing until then.

Or just remove pp, that works too.
Yukiteru Amano
Agree.
alxnr
Sorry, couldn't resist that. I hope Tom gets back into this soon.
lineqtxz
hi
show more