forum

The complete and total history of threads created by Penguin

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Penguin
ATTENTION DENIZENS OF OT!

I have gathered you all here today to share the history of every single thread that I have ever created. Now, when theorizing about this thread in my mind, I made sure to think of a way to make this thread fun. I REALLY enjoy sorting and ranking random things (You may have noticed this behavior of mine in the past), so in this thread, I will be ranking and describing all of my threads that I have ever created. I have spent many years browsing and posting in the forums, so you may ask, "how could you ever keep track of all your threads!?" It's simple. I don't create shit threads. So, therefore, I have very few threads. I know.. shocker..
Rankings

1. Hand Thread

Ah, Hand Thread. Where do I start with Hand Thread... First I'd like to say that I am extremely proud of this thread and what has become of it over the past few years. When I first created this thread, I didn't expect it to get far. I expected a few serious responses, with the rest being shitposts. I expected to be overrun with shitposts, which eventually would lead to the death of my thread. But oh boy, was I wrong. This thread was received greatly at the time of it's conception. I received numerous amounts of hand submissions and praise from my peers for what I had created. Creating this thread made me feel like I was on top of the world!

I'll be honest though. At some points during my time in OT, Hand Thread became too much for me to handle. I was becoming complacent. I was letting hands go unrated for months at times. I lacked all motivation to keep it up to date. I was weak. It took a lot in me to get back into Hand Thread and catch up with the work I had left behind. What gave me the motivation to do it? You. The denizens of OT. I couldn't let your hands go unrated. I couldn't fail you like that. That is what helped drive me to keep Hand Thread alive. That is what gives me the strength to maintain my thread.

I've had my ups and downs with Hand Thread, but it has always been great to me no matter what. That's why it's at my number 1 spot. It will always have a special place in my heart.
  2. SPAM THREAD

I guess to fully describe what SPAM THREAD means to me and what it once meant to OT, I'd have to fully explain the climate that OT was in during that time. OT was on the verge of an insurrection. Our dear beloved SHITPOST THREAD had been locked by the dreaded GMT named Death. After 50 days of shitposting in what was arguably the hottest thread of it's time, it suddenly ceased to exist. The denizens of OT did not know what to do. There was panic in the forums. Every single thread you would go to was chaos. Nobody knew what was happening. Everyone in OT was overcome with complete and utter despair.

First came a few threads In Memoriam to SHITPOST THREAD, to show our shared sorrow. Then came our peaceful attempts to undo what had been done to SHITPOST THREAD. Petitions were made, signed, and sent off to whoever would read them. When it became apparent that our tactics were not working, we realised that we had to take a... less civilized approach. Sprawling protests and riots were everywhere in OT! Threads were created left and right to protest the locking of SHITPOST THREAD. SPAM THREAD was one of those made in response to see the undoing of the injust locking of SHITPOST THREAD. We demanded justice! We demanded that we had our wonderful SHITPOST THREAD reinstated back to all of it's glory!

3 long days.. After 3 long days with no SHITPOST THREAD.. we got it back. I'm proud to say that SPAM THREAD was part of OT's movement to unlock SHITPOST THREAD.
  3. Quality Posts ONLY

Quality Posts ONLY was my attempt at creating a safe place in OT where you could hide from all of the absolutely shitty posts made here in OT and contribute to some meaningful discussions. After returning from my lengthy sabbatical, I noticed that there was an alarming amount of shitposts that weren't being contained inside of SHITPOST THREAD. While I could never think to find a solution for the shitposts, I did theorize of a wonderful place that was free from all shitposts. That is how Quality Posts ONLY was created.

So far, there has been some decent discussions held within this thread, but overall, it hasn't had much occur inside of it. It is a fairly new thread, so I still have hopes for it, but I will not be focusing my full attention to it at the moment.
  4. List of denizens with holiday themed avatars

Winter time is a wonderful time around OT! However, I noticed that not a lot of denizens were dressed up appropriately for such occasions. That's when I knew I had to take things into my own hands. I decided to create this thread and give the denizens of OT incentive to dress up their avatars for the holidays. What could possibly be a better incentive than appearing in one of Penguin's rare threads?
  5. How fast can you type?

There's not much to say about this thread. I was searching for a typing test thread to see if I had any old posts in it so that I could compare my old typing speeds to my current. I noticed that all of the typing threads were all dead. Honestly, they were poorly set up to begin with. So I decided to make a new standardized typing test thread over in surveys! It's been doing pretty well so far. I've gotten a lot of submissions so far and I hope there's more to come!
  6. Sleep Paralysis

Sleep Paralysis was a thread that I made to vent about a sleep paralysis episode I had in early 2019. I had previously experienced a lot of sleep paralysis in early 2018, but when this specific episode occured, I hadn't experienced it in quite some time. Since I wasn't used to having sleep paralysis for a while, this instance affected me a lot more than previous times. I didn't have too many people to vent to about it in the moment, so I spent the morning writing up my experience and posting it on GD. I didn't really expect a lot of responses from people, especially considering that I was posting on GD. I just wanted to document my experience.

And thus concludes the history of Penguin's threads. I hope you have all enjoyed reading about my personal experiences with creating threads. I will be keeping this thread up to date with any more threads that I create during my tenure as an OT denizen. Hopefully this inspires the wonderful denizens of OT to create more quality content!

edit log
December 6th, 2020 - Added Sleep Paralysis.

I need to add these threads soon but I'm lazy
community/forums/topics/857287
https://osu.ppy.sh/community/forums/topics/1197922

I randomly stumbled upon another one of my threads
community/forums/topics/868492

Minecfaty
community/forums/topics/1252953

Sad State of OT
community/forums/topics/1259923

Presidential Speech
community/forums/topics/1273543
abraker
To this day my hand has not been rated in the Hand Thread

I don't even know how many threads I made, but I'm guessing over 50. It would take me a while to track them down.
Akumace1
List of threads created by Akumace1
1. Deleted
2. Deleted
3. Locked
4. Deleted
5. Deleted
6. Locked
7. Deleted
8. community/forums/topics/1196185
Nuuskamuikkunen
Is this the beginning of another fad?
Phantonym
The yoshikage kira image i posted in the hand thread got deleted lmao
Tad Fibonacci
Ah yes, the hand thread was one of the best thing that has blessed OT.
Topic Starter
Penguin

abraker wrote:

To this day my hand has not been rated in the Hand Thread
I am hard at work trying to rate your hand. It is single-handedly the hardest thing I have ever done. Your time and patience is appreciated.

eblf2013 wrote:

Is this the beginning of another fad?
Let it be known that Penguin is not a follower, but a leader. I am a trend setter.

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Ah yes, the hand thread was one of the best thing that has blessed OT.
Thank you for your kind words 🙏
abraker
Winnyace
oh, Penguin, how can I make such marvelous threads as you?
Topic Starter
Penguin

Winnyace wrote:

oh, Penguin, how can I make such marvelous threads as you?
Social anthropology. Study the people and threads of OT before you try to appeal to them. You have to figure out what they like. You must determine what the general consensus is for the difference between shitposts and quality posts. You must define them for yourself as well though. Do not let the masses mold who you are. You must still be your own person and have your own individuality. Figure out what formulas work for good threads in the current day and age of OT.

Not too many people know this, but I spent YEARS studying OT and it's denizens before I started posting in here. Back in early 2014 was when I started my studies. I have seen generations come and go without formally participating in them.
Corne2Plum3
List of posts by Corne2Plum3:
abraker
for me it's a simple formula: take an exiting thread, turn it around, shake it a bit, and voila!

that or make something lore related