1. osu!community
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 30 December 2017 at 18:32:00

Artist: SOUND HOLIC
Title: Fushigi no Kuni no Christmas
Source: 秋霜玉
Tags: 3L MasKaleido Blue E 秘 -HIME- Magical Girl Crusade Ghostly Field Club Winter Xmas in wonderland
BPM: 128
Filesize: 8484kb
Play Time: 03:44
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.31 stars, 159 notes)
  2. Hard (3.16 stars, 356 notes)
  3. Normal (1.89 stars, 217 notes)
  4. Wonder (4.25 stars, 427 notes)


Download: SOUND HOLIC - Fushigi no Kuni no Christmas
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Christmas~
posted
happy super early christmas!
[Wonder]
  1. 00:34:282 (1,2,3,4) - make it a rhombus shape?
  2. 00:42:719 (4,5) - why not just simply mapping vocals? It feels kinda awkward rn
[Hard]
  1. 03:10:610 (2) - blanket with 03:09:907 (1) ? it could also avoid overlap 03:10:610 (2,1) -
[Normal]
  1. 03:18:344 (2) - the tail anchor can be slightly adjusted in order to better match with the wave slider aside
it looks lazy but in fact i m just not used to be nitpicky. anyways gl :)
posted

Nostalgic wrote:

happy super early christmas!
[Wonder]
  1. 00:34:282 (1,2,3,4) - make it a rhombus shape? Sure
  2. 00:42:719 (4,5) - why not just simply mapping vocals? It feels kinda awkward rn Because the 1/4 in the song gets very prominent here,
    and it wouldn't be good to ignore them considering that it's an insane diff.
[Hard]
  1. 03:10:610 (2) - blanket with 03:09:907 (1) ? it could also avoid overlap 03:10:610 (2,1) - It flows better with the current placement. Also,
    the overlap with 03:11:782 (1) - isn't noticeable in gameplay.
[Normal]
  1. 03:18:344 (2) - the tail anchor can be slightly adjusted in order to better match with the wave slider aside Done
it looks lazy but in fact i m just not used to be nitpicky. anyways gl :)


Thanks for modding :)
posted
Hello there!

Well lets get this started shall we?

Normal
    1. 00:29:594 (4) - there is a sound on the white tick here, would probably be better if you ended it there
      00:33:344 (4) - ^
      00:36:157 (3) - ^
      00:37:094 (4) - ^
      00:39:907 (3) - ^
    2. 00:45:532 (1) - why not make this into something like this : 00:43:657 (3,4) - or vice versa
    3. 00:52:328 (4) - Move this lower so that 00:51:157 (3) - can blanket it a bit
    4. 01:09:907 (1,2) - turn 1 into a reverse slider and 2 into a circle by himself, probably fits it better
    5. 01:31:469 (4) - there is a sound on the white tick here, would probably be better if you ended it there
      01:35:219 (4) - ^
      01:38:032 (3,4) - ^
      01:41:782 (3) - ^
    6. 01:47:407 (1) - why not make this into something like this : 01:45:532 (3,4) - or vice versa
    Hard
      1. 01:21:157 (1) - This sections a break time, but it seems you can put a simple slider pattern here the accommodate the drum beats, also this is a cool part
      2. 01:39:907 (1,2) - put a triplet here starting on the redtick leading to 2
      3. 02:44:594 (5) - what happened to your usual two circles?
      4. Actually fun to use DTHD on this one~
      Wonder
        1. 00:17:055 (1) - end this on the red tick
        2. 01:15:063 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - IMO this seem just too much of a screen jump for insane, though i did clear it without problems, just saying
        3. 01:21:157 (1) - Quite a part you skipped here, you can put simple notes here to the drum beat
        4. 02:23:032 (1) - quite the unique rhythm here, you can map out quite a bit if you wanted to; this seems like a nice part as well, also use less breaks since
          IT is insane difficulty
        5. 03:26:782 (1) - here until the end, there are too many double reversing sliders, use two sliders instead, IMO it'll look better
        This was posted in 10/25/17 in my place
        so 2 more months till Christmas
        Have a very early and wonderful holiday~
posted
Hey mod inc.

Normal
00:02:407 (1,2) - Slider 1 isn't properly blanketing the bump in the slider following it. Moving the middle anchor of 1 to:

X:340 Y:140, and the end anchor to X:292 Y:184 should work if you also move slider 2 to: X:500 Y:204

00:37:094 (4,1) - Don't like the aesthetic flow of this slider combo, mainly due to the fact the cursor with go down in a rather sharp motion before continuing a soft circular flow. Moving 00:38:032 (1) up a little should make this combo more viable.

00:38:969 (2,3) - A bit nazi but the slider side blanket is a bit askew to the left, it's leaning more to the left side which makes the angle look off, it's a pretty minor suggestion and largely aesthetic again.

00:45:532 (1,3) - ^, make the slider side blanket the wave slider.

01:08:969 (5) - Strongly recommend a Ctrl+G here. Should only be a small change im sure :^)

01:47:407 (1,3) - Super nazi, overlap is tiny bit off

02:10:844 (5) - Ctrl+J then stack it on top of 02:09:438 (2) to compliment a subtle yet smoother change in flow. This should also only be a small change :^)

02:32:407 (3,4) - Nice Blanket(TM)

02:58:657 (4) - Curve the end a bit more because it's moving out a bit too much to properly blanket the side.

03:13:188 (2,3,4,5) - Curve the sliders a bit more to create smoother blankets

03:15:532 (1) - NC this and remove NC at 03:17:407 (1)

03:19:282 (1) - ^, remove 03:21:157 (1)

Hard
01:41:782 (1,2) - I think this flows much better, don't you think?



01:43:657 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Same style of music, but one is much more snappy than the other, I would make each one more consistent to represent the music in a uniform way.

03:15:532 (1,2) - Spacing is a bit too extreme here, I don't think slider leniency will be enough to justify this magnitude of jump.

03:16:938 (4,1) - ^

Clean map, really like the way you introduce jumps to hards.

Wonder
AiMod is bringing up unsnapped notes on your diff:



00:17:055 (1) - Nice spinner.

01:51:157 (1,2,3) - Kind of a wild suggestion, but I think making the sliders like this would make the flow much better compared to what you have and the overlap in the slider will still suit the style of mapping you chose for the insane.



Good map, personally not a fan of the way you do wave sliders as I think they can be a bit more pronounced but it's more of an opinion.

Best of luck to the map <3
posted

Zxozmo wrote:

Hello there!

Well lets get this started shall we?

Normal
00:29:594 (4) - there is a sound on the white tick here, would probably be better if you ended it there
00:33:344 (4) - ^
00:36:157 (3) - ^
00:37:094 (4) - ^
00:39:907 (3) - ^ The 1/2 exists to emphasise the hold sounds in the vocals, and to break the monotony of 1/1 sliders. No change.
00:45:532 (1) - why not make this into something like this : 00:43:657 (3,4) - or vice versa It adds variety. Both sliders have smooth curves,
and are pretty similar in nature, so I don't see a problem.

00:52:328 (4) - Move this lower so that 00:51:157 (3) - can blanket it a bit Not aiming for a blanket here.
01:09:907 (1,2) - turn 1 into a reverse slider and 2 into a circle by himself, probably fits it better No because I want to emphasise the vocals here to the fullest. Doing your suggestion would mess up the emphasis a bit.
01:31:469 (4) - there is a sound on the white tick here, would probably be better if you ended it there
01:35:219 (4) - ^
01:38:032 (3,4) - ^
01:41:782 (3) - ^ Like I mentioned previously, the 1/2 notes are fine.
01:47:407 (1) - why not make this into something like this : 01:45:532 (3,4) - or vice versa Not necessary, for the same reasons as stated before.


Hard
01:21:157 (1) - This sections a break time, but it seems you can put a simple slider pattern here the accommodate the drum beats, also this is a cool part Thanks. I'd prefer to start it here though, because it's on a downbeat it is where the musical phrase officially starts. Also, I'm mainly mapping to vocals.
01:39:907 (1,2) - put a triplet here starting on the redtick leading to 2 hmm. While a triplet would work, I chose not to use any 1/4 in the hard to distinguish it from the insane, and as a stylistic choice. I guess I'll get more opinions on it though.
02:44:594 (5) - what happened to your usual two circles? There's no slider here, and I already placed a series of circles earlier. Because it's only a hard difficulty, I use the slider to help ease the player in.
Actually fun to use DTHD on this one~


Wonder
00:17:055 (1) - end this on the red tick Oops. Ended it on the white.
01:15:063 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - IMO this seem just too much of a screen jump for insane, though i did clear it without problems, just saying I think it's fine. Since it's only 128bpm, it should be doable.
01:21:157 (1) - Quite a part you skipped here, you can put simple notes here to the drum beat I won't do this for the same reason as in the hard difficulty. I am mapping to the vocals here, so it wouldn't be intuitive to suddenly map to the drum.
02:23:032 (1) - quite the unique rhythm here, you can map out quite a bit if you wanted to; this seems like a nice part as well, also use less breaks since
IT is insane difficulty This slider is mapped to the low pitched sound in the background. And I don't map to the breaks because they don't have any vocals. So the rest period given by the breaks would fit with the song. I made an exception here though, because the music gets pretty powerful,
and 20 seconds of break is a long time.

03:26:782 (1) - here until the end, there are too many double reversing sliders, use two sliders instead, IMO it'll look better I think it's fine,
because it puts emphasis on the stronger sounds.



This was posted in 10/25/17 in my place
so 2 more months till Christmas
Have a very early and wonderful holiday~ You too~


Thanks for modding! Don't let my mod reply discourage you btw, even though I denied the majority of your suggestions it still gave me insight on how other people view my map. I also made sure to deeply explain my reasons as to why I didn't make the change.

-Space- wrote:

Hey mod inc.

Normal
00:02:407 (1,2) - Slider 1 isn't properly blanketing the bump in the slider following it. Moving the middle anchor of 1 to:

X:340 Y:140, and the end anchor to X:292 Y:184 should work if you also move slider 2 to: X:500 Y:204 Done

00:37:094 (4,1) - Don't like the aesthetic flow of this slider combo, mainly due to the fact the cursor with go down in a rather sharp motion before continuing a soft circular flow. Moving 00:38:032 (1) up a little should make this combo more viable. I don't really see a problem with this. When I move the slider up and compare them, the flow seems to be exactly the same on my end.

00:38:969 (2,3) - A bit nazi but the slider side blanket is a bit askew to the left, it's leaning more to the left side which makes the angle look off, it's a pretty minor suggestion and largely aesthetic again. Done

00:45:532 (1,3) - ^, make the slider side blanket the wave slider. Done

01:08:969 (5) - Strongly recommend a Ctrl+G here. Should only be a small change im sure :^) I want to keep the aesthetic of slider-end =
in slider-head=out, and the song justifies the change in angle on the way to (4).


01:47:407 (1,3) - Super nazi, overlap is tiny bit off Done

02:10:844 (5) - Ctrl+J then stack it on top of 02:09:438 (2) to compliment a subtle yet smoother change in flow. This should also only be a small change :^) I prefer my current. It's symmetrical and it forms a triangle within the pattern.

02:32:407 (3,4) - Nice Blanket(TM) Thanks, changed.

02:58:657 (4) - Curve the end a bit more because it's moving out a bit too much to properly blanket the side. Done

03:13:188 (2,3,4,5) - Curve the sliders a bit more to create smoother blankets Done

03:15:532 (1) - NC this and remove NC at 03:17:407 (1) Done

03:19:282 (1) - ^, remove 03:21:157 (1) Done

Hard
01:41:782 (1,2) - I think this flows much better, don't you think? I'd prefer a sharp movement here, because the sound is quite strong.



01:43:657 (1,2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5) - Same style of music, but one is much more snappy than the other, I would make each one more consistent to represent the music in a uniform way. Alright, changed the order of the first set.

03:15:532 (1,2) - Spacing is a bit too extreme here, I don't think slider leniency will be enough to justify this magnitude of jump. I think it's fine because it's the last kiai, and is the absolute apex of the song. If they can't do simple jumps then they're better off playing the normal.

03:16:938 (4,1) - ^ ^

Clean map, really like the way you introduce jumps to hards.

Wonder
AiMod is bringing up unsnapped notes on your diff: Done



00:17:055 (1) - Nice spinner. done xd

01:51:157 (1,2,3) - Kind of a wild suggestion, but I think making the sliders like this would make the flow much better compared to what you have and the overlap in the slider will still suit the style of mapping you chose for the insane. I'd prefer to avoid the slider body overlap here, and I think how I've currently mapped it is good.



Good map, personally not a fan of the way you do wave sliders as I think they can be a bit more pronounced but it's more of an opinion. It's My Style(TM)

Best of luck to the map <3


Thanks for modding!
posted
Hi, m4m here
  1. how about making ending of mp3 fade out?

wonder:
  1. 00:16:469 (2,1) - perhaps shorten (2) by 1/4 and start spinner earlier cause drumroll thing start from blue tick
  2. 00:18:344 - i think this sound should be represented somehow, sldier would work
  3. 00:17:055 (1) - i can hear how it should end 1/4 later on red tick
  4. 00:19:282 - i think note would work great here. Or at least move beginning of break to this point
  5. 01:01:469 (3) - nc maybe? (yup, you did here 02:03:344 (1) - )
  6. 01:15:063 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - tbh i think you should nerf this kind of stuff. this way of making pp is like way to obvious, emphasize on last (2) is lost cause space to it barely has any contrast with previous jumps
  7. 01:27:719 - previouslu you emhasized same sounds here 00:57:719 (1,2) -
  8. 02:07:328 (3,4) - personal opinion - i think claps deserve their own combo
  9. 02:19:399 (1) - i think spinner is quite underwhelming, perhaps end it on 02:20:688 - and make some 1/4 circle there
  10. 02:23:032 - hm, tbh i think you should map this break cause its so different from 2 previous ones
  11. 02:44:594 (5) - cew nombo
  12. 03:01:938 (4) - 1/4 reverse please


hard:
  1. 00:10:610 (2,3) - nazi, but you could make this thing smoother, so circle and slider would create solid arc
  2. 00:16:938 (1) - same as prev diff. slider for 00:18:344 - thing, starting 1/4 earlier, but ending on where it is now fits quite well tho
  3. 01:06:157 (1) - almost touching hp bar, how about a bit lower, just to be safe? :^)
  4. 02:44:594 (5) - stacked circles instead perhaps? and nc
  5. 02:59:828 (1,2) - align and adjust triangle to make a bit more clean


normal:
  • 00:03:813 (2,3) - ds
  1. 01:15:532 (4,5,6) - align 4 and 5?
  2. 01:16:703 - 02:59:828 - why skipping vocal here?
  3. 02:41:782 (4) - nc?
  4. 02:57:719 (2,4) - make consistent distance between these like your ds to make more clean


Hope I helped, good luck!
posted

h4d0uk3n1 wrote:

Hi, m4m here
  1. how about making ending of mp3 fade out? I'd rather keep it as it is because it gives the player something to listen to in the score screen.

wonder:
  1. 00:16:469 (2,1) - perhaps shorten (2) by 1/4 and start spinner earlier cause drumroll thing start from blue tick It'll sound odd imo because I've mapped to vocals everywhere else. It'll be better to have it end on the white tick because that's on a beat.
  2. 00:18:344 - i think this sound should be represented somehow, sldier would work Would rather keep the spinner because the vocal is quite prolonged.
  3. 00:17:055 (1) - i can hear how it should end 1/4 later on red tick Yeah I kinda messed up the spinner a bit. Moved it to the next white tick where the music kicks in.
  4. 00:19:282 - i think note would work great here. Or at least move beginning of break to this point Extended the spinner
  5. 01:01:469 (3) - nc maybe? (yup, you did here 02:03:344 (1) - ) Yep, done.
  6. 01:15:063 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - tbh i think you should nerf this kind of stuff. this way of making pp is like way to obvious, emphasize on last (2) is lost cause space to it barely has any contrast with previous jumps You're right, changed the pattern a bit.
  7. 01:27:719 - previouslu you emhasized same sounds here 00:57:719 (1,2) - I would rather start the map on the vocal phrase. Distinct sections of the song allow for minor changes in consistency, so it's good as it is.
  8. 02:07:328 (3,4) - personal opinion - i think claps deserve their own combo Hm, I'll keep it as it is for now.
  9. 02:19:399 (1) - i think spinner is quite underwhelming, perhaps end it on 02:20:688 - and make some 1/4 circle there I ended the spinner at where you stated, because that's where the vocal stops. But I only placed one circle to put more emphasis on the downbeat.
  10. 02:23:032 - hm, tbh i think you should map this break cause its so different from 2 previous ones I want to express the change in music intensity at 02:30:532 (1) - .
  11. 02:44:594 (5) - cew nombo Sure
  12. 03:01:938 (4) - 1/4 reverse please Some of the instruments fade out here, so it would be better to keep a low rhythm density for this part.


hard:
  1. 00:10:610 (2,3) - nazi, but you could make this thing smoother, so circle and slider would create solid arc Done
  2. 00:16:938 (1) - same as prev diff. slider for 00:18:344 - thing, starting 1/4 earlier, but ending on where it is now fits quite well tho Again, not really a need to map to the drumroll.
  3. 01:06:157 (1) - almost touching hp bar, how about a bit lower, just to be safe? :^) I see what you did there :^) Done.
  4. 02:44:594 (5) - stacked circles instead perhaps? and nc Stacked circles would be too much imo. The slider prepares the player for another circle-rich pattern.
  5. 02:59:828 (1,2) - align and adjust triangle to make a bit more clean Alright


normal:
  • 00:03:813 (2,3) - ds Done
  1. 01:15:532 (4,5,6) - align 4 and 5? Done
  2. 01:16:703 - 02:59:828 - why skipping vocal here? It's to give the player a rest after a relatively intense part.
  3. 02:41:782 (4) - nc? I want to avoid a 1 note combo, so no.
  4. 02:57:719 (2,4) - make consistent distance between these like your ds to make more clean Done


Hope I helped, good luck!


Yeah, you helped :) Thanks for modding!
posted
hi.
I don't have problems with rhythm so I will focus on small aesthetics.

Normal:
Nothing to suggest here.

Hard:
00:37:094 (2) - I think it looks better when you copy the last slider and Ctrl+J.
01:02:407 (1,2,3,4) - Make sure 1,2 and 3,4 are parallel.

Wonder:
01:31:469 (2) - Maybe place this one at x:412|y:296 so that flow is improved going on to the next note.
01:51:508 (2) - Maybe rotate this one just a little bit clockwise like this to improve flow.
01:56:078 (2,3,4,5) - This pattern looks off because the paths between 01:56:078 (2,3) and 01:56:547 (4,5) aren't parallel.
02:10:844 (3) - Improve blanket a little.
02:16:938 (1,2,1,2) - The paths between each pair should be parallel to make it look better.
02:45:532 (1,2,3) - Please make this into a perfect triangle to make it look better.
03:05:219 (3) - Improve blanket.

I like the map. Sry for the short mod since there's not many things I could see.
posted

Josh123uaJ wrote:

hi.
I don't have problems with rhythm so I will focus on small aesthetics.

Normal:
Nothing to suggest here.

Hard:
00:37:094 (2) - I think it looks better when you copy the last slider and Ctrl+J. Done
01:02:407 (1,2,3,4) - Make sure 1,2 and 3,4 are parallel. Done

Wonder:
01:31:469 (2) - Maybe place this one at x:412|y:296 so that flow is improved going on to the next note. Hmm. Doing that would make the jump a bit too big for this part. I think it flows fine.
01:51:508 (2) - Maybe rotate this one just a little bit clockwise like this to improve flow. The two sliders flow fine, and I want a sharp motion on (3) to express the strong sound.
01:56:078 (2,3,4,5) - This pattern looks off because the paths between 01:56:078 (2,3) and 01:56:547 (4,5) aren't parallel. Done
02:10:844 (3) - Improve blanket a little. Done
02:16:938 (1,2,1,2) - The paths between each pair should be parallel to make it look better. Done
02:45:532 (1,2,3) - Please make this into a perfect triangle to make it look better. Done
03:05:219 (3) - Improve blanket. Done

I like the map. Sry for the short mod since there's not many things I could see. That's fine, I still found it helpful


Thanks for modding!
posted
hello, im here >.> sorry for late
[general]
  • turn off widescreen support and enable countdown

[normal]
  • 00:02:407 (1,2) - You can arrange these two objects above each other, since it looks better?
    00:28:657 (3,4) - Do so that the tail(4) does not hit the slider(3)
    01:38:032 (3,4) - ^

[hard]

  • 00:05:219 (4) - put it down on x:176 y:352 for a more beautiful transition from (3)
    00:11:547 (4,1,2,3,4) - this momen u make how tree? i'll thik it looks good
    03:08:032 (1) - bend it so that it looks like how 03:07:094 (3) -

[Wonder]

  • 00:17:055 (1) - fix the spinner, bring its end to white tick
  1. looks good

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Luck ;)
posted

Gordon123 wrote:

hello, im here >.> sorry for late
[general]
  • turn off widescreen support and enable countdown Alright (assuming you meant disable countdown, because countdown is always enabled by default.)

[normal]
  • 00:02:407 (1,2) - You can arrange these two objects above each other, since it looks better? Not too sure what you mean by this. Done I think.
    00:28:657 (3,4) - Do so that the tail(4) does not hit the slider(3)
    01:38:032 (3,4) - ^ The overlaps are intentional. Getting rid of these would mean breaking distance snap.

[hard]

  • 00:05:219 (4) - put it down on x:176 y:352 for a more beautiful transition from (3) I think it's fine; I don't want to introduce a large jump at this calm part of the song.
    00:11:547 (4,1,2,3,4) - this momen u make how tree? i'll thik it looks good Same reason as above, and I want to keep both note pairs equal in spacing.
    03:08:032 (1) - bend it so that it looks like how 03:07:094 (3) - done

[Wonder]

  • 00:17:055 (1) - fix the spinner, bring its end to white tick Done. I have no idea why this change keeps undoing itself...
  1. looks good

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good Luck ;)


Thanks for modding!
posted
good mod incoming

Insane

00:38:032 (1,2,3) - completely optional, but i think right here would look better with a triangle like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9424675

01:11:782 (1) - maybe flip this vertically

01:56:782 (1) - maybe make the spacing higher for this like in the other pattern earlier (00:54:203 (2,3,4,5) - )

thats about it, noice job

hard

00:42:719 (2,3,4,5) - maybe a triangle here for less sharp flow

01:44:594 (2,3,4,5) - i think a normal square here would look and flow better, but thats just me.

good diff, the jumps fit in pretty well with the difficulty

normal

01:42:719 (4) - maybe a slider?

Couldn't find much else

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the lacking mod, I really couldn't find much and this seems ready to rank to me :/
I tried my best :o
posted

-GriM- wrote:

good mod incoming

Insane

00:38:032 (1,2,3) - completely optional, but i think right here would look better with a triangle like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9424675 Made it look nicer, but in my own way since I want to keep (2,3) less emphasised.

01:11:782 (1) - maybe flip this vertically The sharp angle emphasises the strong sound here.

01:56:782 (1) - maybe make the spacing higher for this like in the other pattern earlier (00:54:203 (2,3,4,5) - ) Decided to get rid of the 4th note in both instances, because there are only 3 vocals.

thats about it, noice job

hard

00:42:719 (2,3,4,5) - maybe a triangle here for less sharp flow I think this is fine. It puts emphasis on (4) which is over a strong sound.

01:44:594 (2,3,4,5) - i think a normal square here would look and flow better, but thats just me. The whole pattern is actually one big triangle lol. I think this is fine, for the same reason as stated above.

good diff, the jumps fit in pretty well with the difficulty

normal

01:42:719 (4) - maybe a slider? I want to keep a two beat gap to seperate the segments in the song, and to give new players some rest. Also, a slider wouldn't fit because the singer actually isn't saying anything here - it's just the voice fading out.

Couldn't find much else

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the lacking mod, I really couldn't find much and this seems ready to rank to me :/ It's fine! I find every mod helpful, regardless of how big or small it is, or how many suggestions I accept.
I tried my best :o


Thanks for modding!
posted
General
Outro is mappable with the bells sound on every diff. Consider fading it out to not leave it unexpected like this unless you have a plan to map it later.

Normal
00:41:782 (1) - finish at start after changing the verse does not sounds bad to me
00:54:203 (2,1) - not sure if too short a spinner after an object for the easiest diff by current ranking criteria.
01:13:657 (1) - add finish at start to follow 02:15:532 (1) - 03:19:282 (1) -
01:43:657 (1) - finish at start after changing the verse does not sounds bad to me
01:56:078 (2,1) - same to what mentioned
02:56:782 (1) - add finish at start to follow 02:15:532 (1) - 03:19:282 (1) -

Hard
AR is too high in my opinion. Consider changing AR to around 6.6-7.0
00:44:594 (2) - add clap to follow what you did on 01:46:469 (2) -
00:47:875 (2) - add clap at the end of slider may sound good
00:54:438 (3) - clap
01:16:703 (1) - clap at the end of slider like 02:59:828 (1) -
01:49:750 (2) - clap at the end of slider
01:56:313 (3) - clap
01:56:782 (1) - end slider 1/4 earlier (01:58:657)
02:18:578 (1) - clap at the end of slider like 02:59:828 (1) -
02:45:532 (1) - finish might be good for changing verse
03:22:328 (1) - clap at end

Wonder
00:54:438 (3) - clap
01:16:000 (1) - add clap and remove clap on 01:16:235 (2) - to follow 02:17:407 (1,2,1,2) -
01:52:563 (4) - clap
01:56:313 (3) - clap
03:01:938 (4,1) - should have had 1/4 stream here. The music calls for it.
posted

Frostmourne wrote:

General
Outro is mappable with the bells sound on every diff. Consider fading it out to not leave it unexpected like this unless you have a plan to map it later. You bring up a good point, but I'd rather not make an edit to the mp3 for something minor like this.

Normal
00:41:782 (1) - finish at start after changing the verse does not sounds bad to me Done
00:54:203 (2,1) - not sure if too short a spinner after an object for the easiest diff by current ranking criteria. It's fine, the ranking criteria states that spinners should be at lest 4 beats long, which it is.
01:13:657 (1) - add finish at start to follow 02:15:532 (1) - 03:19:282 (1) - Done
01:43:657 (1) - finish at start after changing the verse does not sounds bad to me Done
01:56:078 (2,1) - same to what mentioned Same response as previous
02:56:782 (1) - add finish at start to follow 02:15:532 (1) - 03:19:282 (1) -

Hard
AR is too high in my opinion. Consider changing AR to around 6.6-7.0 I'll keep the ar as it is. This difficulty contains a lot of polygonal patterns, so a relatively high ar would help the player with reading, and it'll keep the map from feeling cluttered.
00:44:594 (2) - add clap to follow what you did on 01:46:469 (2) - Done
00:47:875 (2) - add clap at the end of slider may sound good Done
00:54:438 (3) - clap I refrain from placing a clap here because the vocals take prominence over everything else on this part of the song. So I put emphasise on the whistles to reflect on that.
01:16:703 (1) - clap at the end of slider like 02:59:828 (1) - Removed the clap on 02:59:828 (1) -
01:49:750 (2) - clap at the end of slider Done
01:56:313 (3) - clap Like I mentioned before, I'd rather not put a clap here.
01:56:782 (1) - end slider 1/4 earlier (01:58:657) Oops, that wasn't intentional. Done.
02:18:578 (1) - clap at the end of slider like 02:59:828 (1) - Removed the clap on 02:59:828 (1) -
02:45:532 (1) - finish might be good for changing verse Done
03:22:328 (1) - clap at end No, since the vocals get strong here and I want to emphasise them with prominent whistles.

Wonder
00:54:438 (3) - clap No, for the same reason stated in hard.
01:16:000 (1) - add clap and remove clap on 01:16:235 (2) - to follow 02:17:407 (1,2,1,2) - Done
01:52:563 (4) - clap Done
01:56:313 (3) - clap No change, for reasons stated previously.
03:01:938 (4,1) - should have had 1/4 stream here. The music calls for it. I disagree. Both the vocals and the bells end here, so to reflect on the lack of instruments I use a lower note density. Although I'd be mapping to the very faint 1/4 drums, placing a stream would suggest increased intensity in the music which isn't the case.


Thanks for modding! Helped me patch out some major inconsistencies with the hitsounds.
posted


~Normal~

  1. 00:02:407 (1) - Curve it more to make it smoother: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447428
  2. 00:07:094 (2) - Make this symmetric and place it at x:64 y:112 and after make the 00:08:032 (3) - straight with linear waypoints to make it smoother: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447448 Here you can have the code (with next spacing fixed):
    64,112,7094,2,0,B|64:168|32:192|32:192|64:224|64:280,1,180,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    92,332,8032,2,0,B|164:332|164:332|192:344|192:344|284:344,1,180,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    328,344,8969,1,2,0:0:0:0:
  3. 00:34:282 (1) - I feel this slider too pushed on top side and it's almost covered by HP bar and I would avoid it tbh;
  4. 00:51:157 (3,4) - Well, just a personal opinion: this kind of spacing is often use for 1/4 snapping and even if the snapping is 1/2 with a correct spacing with distance snap it can still confuse players imo, I would just place the (4) somewhere else to avoid any kind of "misunderstanding" while playing. It should not be a problem to fix since after this there are just two elements before the start of the upcoming spinner;
  5. 01:16:938 - Just add a circle here to fill the stronger sound you can hear in the music, there is no need to keep this hole here (This applied to next kiais as well, so at 02:18:813 and so on);
  6. 01:42:719 (4) - It would be nice to edit this circle with an 1/1 slider so that you can add the missing clap on its tail;
  7. 02:10:844 (5) - For a better flow this slider should be curved to the opposite side because the circular pattern ends at 02:10:375 (4) - so the best way to make this slider connected better with the previous and next pattern (and to make it smoother) would be this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447526
  8. 02:36:157 (1) - Considering the previous elements, this NC is unnecessary. Remove NC here and add it on 02:38:032 (3) - where the crescendo effect in the music BG is gonna to start;
  9. 02:41:313 (3) - I would just extend this slider by 1/2 deleting the next circle to make the pattern easier to play and read (consider that even if it's a Normal, it's still the easiest diff of the mapset so it would be nice to map this in the easiest way possible);
  10. 02:52:094 (5) - Apply the same logic I said for 02:10:844 (5) - so curve it to the opposite way so that you "break" the structure with a much more smoother pattern and way: https://puu.sh/ycwOV.png;
  11. 03:09:907 (4) - NC here would be nice due to the new vocal and to warn about the longer slider (and so about the rhythm change), same for 03:17:407 (3) -;
  12. 03:43:657 (3) - The intensity of the music is getting lower so I would just add some green lines with lower volumes to create a de-crescendo effect;
  13. 03:45:532 (1) - What about adding NC here to emphasize the last element of the beatmap since you could still keep mapping it? I think it fits nice.


~Hard~

  1. 00:32:407 (1) - (Nazi) Improve the blanket with previous slider with snapping last waypoint 1 grid up;
  2. 00:42:719 (2,3,4,5) - Weird and unflowing pattern to play, honestly. It would be a nice idea if you selected these two circles 00:42:953 (3,4) - and CTRL + G them to make the cursor movement much more smoother;
  3. 00:52:328 (2,1) - I don't think it's a good idea to blanket the (1) with (2) being they snapped 1/2 between each other since you did the same for 00:51:157 (1,2) - but they are actually snapped 1/1 (to be short: you are using the same spacing in an Hard diff for section with different snapping). I would fix this if I was you tbh;
  4. 01:42:719 (2) - For the same reason I said in Normal diff, just curve this slider to the opposite way to make the cursor movement smoother while playing;
  5. 01:44:594 (2,3,4,5) - Same of 00:42:719 (2,3,4,5) -, CTRL + G (3) and (4) to make the pattern more awesome to play;
  6. 02:41:313 (5) - Remove one repeating? Because the slider 02:41:782 (1) - should be stacked with (5)'s last tick and not the previous one that makes the pattern look confusing while playing it. Remove one repeat or just stack the (1) with it's tail;
  7. 02:43:891 (2,3) - You know, CTRL + G them?
  8. 02:46:469 (5,1,2) - It would be a nice idea to reduce the spacing between these because it looks to much pushed to me, also, I would make them straight because the way you mapped it looks kinda unflowing and destroy the flow you created and it would even avoid the placement of 02:48:344 (2) - that with its curve is pushed too much on top side and it's bad tbh;
  9. 03:00:297 (2,3) - Place the (2) on the same trajectory of (1)'s tail and replace the (3) to make a perfect triangle with them;
  10. 03:26:782 (1) - Curve it to the opposite way to make the full pattern 03:26:782 (1,2,3,4) - much more smoother: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447757
  11. 03:33:813 (5) - Since the first linear circled pattern 03:33:110 (2,3) - is directed on the right, why don't you push the 03:33:578 (4,5) - on the left instead? I mean: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447767 it would contribute to make the cursor movement more natural;


~Wonder~

  1. 00:31:000 (3,4) - I feel this kinda unflowing to play after the (2) (3) pattern tbh. What about fix it like this? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447785 much better imo;
  2. 00:34:516 (2,3) - CTRL + G for a little jumping pattern that makes it much more fun to play?
  3. 00:38:266 (2,3) - This antijump is kinda weird and unnecessary imo, I would just make the spacing consistent in this pattern. Something like this would be cool: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447799
  4. 00:42:719 (4,5) - Kinda unflowing. I would use the same logic you did for the next 00:46:469 (4,5) - with placing these like : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447811 with moving the next (1) closer like I showed you on the screenshot;
  5. 00:53:032 (1) - Whistle on reverse? It would emphasize the vocal pitch;
  6. 01:37:094 (5) - If you want to make waving sliders, just set waypoints like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447845 because actually it's very ugly tbh xD This applied to the all next same sliders shapes;
  7. 01:51:157 (1) - You know. Curve it to the opposite side just like you did for 01:53:032 (1,2) - ;
  8. 02:09:907 (1,2,1,2) - Unflowing jump, you can do it better (I have no idea here sry xd);
  9. 02:44:125 (3) - NC like all the other parts;


I will leave star icon here because I am interested to bubble it when it's December.
I want to see some more improvements on the top diff especially on jumps that some are kinda unflowing and exagerated, you can work better on them to make the diff much more better. Meanwhile, since the Christmas Queue is planned to rank maps in December, you should find some other mods to improve the mapset. Normal and Hard diff are really nice and with these changes will improve a lot, but it would be nice to see some more improvements on top diff as well. Call me back at December and I will be glad to recheck and to bubble this!
posted


Hi. Here from Christmas Queue. Hope this finds you well!

[Wonder]

00:08:032 (4) - This was an important note to me because of the strong vocal on the downbeat, so I was a bit disappointed there was nothing to emphasize or contrast this.

01:08:969 (3) – This was a strong note, so it felt strange that the DS into was smaller than the DS on the weak note at 01:08:735 (2) - .

01:16:235 (2) – This is a strong note in the song, but it didn't feel that strong in the map. I think it would actually be more exciting if you lowered the DS between 01:15:063 (1,2,1,2,1) – a bit so that the note at 01:16:235 (2) – can really stand out. Alternatively, you can make the flow/pattern different at (2) to offer contrast/emphasis that way.
There are other places where I feel this way, but I will only mention this one.

01:30:532 (1,2) – I didn't like the aesthetics, consider making the (2) slider go into (1) more like https://puu.sh/ycz9o/ad6f805048.jpg

01:33:344 (5,1,2) – I didn't get this. Compare to places like 00:27:719 (5,1,2) – and 00:31:469 (5,1,2) – etc. It felt like your shtick was to change the position of the slider heads from the typical pattern. But instead at 01:33:344 (5,1,2) – , there's no change, and it's exactly a line, and I thought you were trying to not do that.

01:35:922 (3,1) – This DS felt a bit big.

03:26:782 (1) – The reverse sliders felt like they were simplifying the rhythm a lot, so it felt like there were some cool beats I was kind of glossing over. When I played the Hard, I was like "yeah this rhythm felt more engaging. The Wonder diff would be nicer if you just copied this into it instead," so try some other rhythms.

03:42:719 (2) – Spinner might be a good way to express the fade out section. Same for Hard

Edit: Some of the changes you made after Chewin's map made me want to give an alternative viewpoint.

00:30:532 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't think the problem was the flow since similar parts where you fanned out at 01:13:657 (1,2,3) - are nice to play. I think it was just too big an angle at (3,4,5), so if you close that up sharpen up that angle like this you could do that flow if you wanted.

00:38:032 (1,2,3,4) - I like what you had before. The anti-jump was clearly bringing out the background vocal in a detailed way, and its that kind of detailed expression that I like seeing in maps.

Good luck!
posted

Chewin wrote:



~Normal~

  1. 00:02:407 (1) - Curve it more to make it smoother: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447428 Done
  2. 00:07:094 (2) - Make this symmetric and place it at x:64 y:112 and after make the 00:08:032 (3) - straight with linear waypoints to make it smoother: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447448 Here you can have the code (with next spacing fixed):
    64,112,7094,2,0,B|64:168|32:192|32:192|64:224|64:280,1,180,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    92,332,8032,2,0,B|164:332|164:332|192:344|192:344|284:344,1,180,2|0,0:0|0:0,0:0:0:0:
    328,344,8969,1,2,0:0:0:0:
    Done
  3. 00:34:282 (1) - I feel this slider too pushed on top side and it's almost covered by HP bar and I would avoid it tbh; Moved it down a bit.
  4. 00:51:157 (3,4) - Well, just a personal opinion: this kind of spacing is often use for 1/4 snapping and even if the snapping is 1/2 with a correct spacing with distance snap it can still confuse players imo, I would just place the (4) somewhere else to avoid any kind of "misunderstanding" while playing. It should not be a problem to fix since after this there are just two elements before the start of the upcoming spinner; Done
  5. 01:16:938 - Just add a circle here to fill the stronger sound you can hear in the music, there is no need to keep this hole here (This applied to next kiais as well, so at 02:18:813 and so on); Done
  6. 01:42:719 (4) - It would be nice to edit this circle with an 1/1 slider so that you can add the missing clap on its tail; Done for both here and 00:40:844 (4) -
  7. 02:10:844 (5) - For a better flow this slider should be curved to the opposite side because the circular pattern ends at 02:10:375 (4) - so the best way to make this slider connected better with the previous and next pattern (and to make it smoother) would be this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447526 Done
  8. 02:36:157 (1) - Considering the previous elements, this NC is unnecessary. Remove NC here and add it on 02:38:032 (3) - where the crescendo effect in the music BG is gonna to start; Done
  9. 02:41:313 (3) - I would just extend this slider by 1/2 deleting the next circle to make the pattern easier to play and read (consider that even if it's a Normal, it's still the easiest diff of the mapset so it would be nice to map this in the easiest way possible); Done
  10. 02:52:094 (5) - Apply the same logic I said for 02:10:844 (5) - so curve it to the opposite way so that you "break" the structure with a much more smoother pattern and way: https://puu.sh/ycwOV.png; Done
  11. 03:09:907 (4) - NC here would be nice due to the new vocal and to warn about the longer slider (and so about the rhythm change), same for 03:17:407 (3) -; Done
  12. 03:43:657 (3) - The intensity of the music is getting lower so I would just add some green lines with lower volumes to create a de-crescendo effect; Done on all difficulties.
  13. 03:45:532 (1) - What about adding NC here to emphasize the last element of the beatmap since you could still keep mapping it? I think it fits nice. Done, it'll make it consistent with the other diffs too.


~Hard~

  1. 00:32:407 (1) - (Nazi) Improve the blanket with previous slider with snapping last waypoint 1 grid up; Done
  2. 00:42:719 (2,3,4,5) - Weird and unflowing pattern to play, honestly. It would be a nice idea if you selected these two circles 00:42:953 (3,4) - and CTRL + G them to make the cursor movement much more smoother; I don't want to put too many jumps here because its a comparatively calm part of the music. imo the pattern plays fine.
  3. 00:52:328 (2,1) - I don't think it's a good idea to blanket the (1) with (2) being they snapped 1/2 between each other since you did the same for 00:51:157 (1,2) - but they are actually snapped 1/1 (to be short: you are using the same spacing in an Hard diff for section with different snapping). I would fix this if I was you tbh; Done
  4. 01:42:719 (2) - For the same reason I said in Normal diff, just curve this slider to the opposite way to make the cursor movement smoother while playing; Hmm, I think this is fine. The jagged motion suits because (2) is on a very powerful sound compared to (1)
  5. 01:44:594 (2,3,4,5) - Same of 00:42:719 (2,3,4,5) -, CTRL + G (3) and (4) to make the pattern more awesome to play; I'll keep this for the same reason as I previously stated.
  6. 02:41:313 (5) - Remove one repeating? Because the slider 02:41:782 (1) - should be stacked with (5)'s last tick and not the previous one that makes the pattern look confusing while playing it. Remove one repeat or just stack the (1) with it's tail; I don't think it'll be a problem. While I agree that it can be confusing, players on Hard should be able to play it by keeping their cursor on the head of the slider. It's the little things like this that'll help prepare them for insane difficulties and beyond.
  7. 02:43:891 (2,3) - You know, CTRL + G them? oo, I like this. Done.
  8. 02:46:469 (5,1,2) - It would be a nice idea to reduce the spacing between these because it looks to much pushed to me, also, I would make them straight because the way you mapped it looks kinda unflowing and destroy the flow you created and it would even avoid the placement of 02:48:344 (2) - that with its curve is pushed too much on top side and it's bad tbh; Done
  9. 03:00:297 (2,3) - Place the (2) on the same trajectory of (1)'s tail and replace the (3) to make a perfect triangle with them; Done
  10. 03:26:782 (1) - Curve it to the opposite way to make the full pattern 03:26:782 (1,2,3,4) - much more smoother: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447757 I think what I have right now plays good. Also, I don't use misleading trajectories like this in the map, so it'll seem a bit out of place imo.
  11. 03:33:813 (5) - Since the first linear circled pattern 03:33:110 (2,3) - is directed on the right, why don't you push the 03:33:578 (4,5) - on the left instead? I mean: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447767 it would contribute to make the cursor movement more natural; Done


~Wonder~

  1. 00:31:000 (3,4) - I feel this kinda unflowing to play after the (2) (3) pattern tbh. What about fix it like this? https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447785 much better imo; Done
  2. 00:34:516 (2,3) - CTRL + G for a little jumping pattern that makes it much more fun to play?Done
  3. 00:38:266 (2,3) - This antijump is kinda weird and unnecessary imo, I would just make the spacing consistent in this pattern. Something like this would be cool: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447799 Done
  4. 00:42:719 (4,5) - Kinda unflowing. I would use the same logic you did for the next 00:46:469 (4,5) - with placing these like : https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447811 with moving the next (1) closer like I showed you on the screenshot; Done
  5. 00:53:032 (1) - Whistle on reverse? It would emphasize the vocal pitch; Done
  6. 01:37:094 (5) - If you want to make waving sliders, just set waypoints like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9447845 because actually it's very ugly tbh xD This applied to the all next same sliders shapes; Done
  7. 01:51:157 (1) - You know. Curve it to the opposite side just like you did for 01:53:032 (1,2) - ; Done
  8. 02:09:907 (1,2,1,2) - Unflowing jump, you can do it better (I have no idea here sry xd); Done, I made it a star.
  9. 02:44:125 (3) - NC like all the other parts; Done


I will leave star icon here because I am interested to bubble it when it's December.
I want to see some more improvements on the top diff especially on jumps that some are kinda unflowing and exagerated, you can work better on them to make the diff much more better. Meanwhile, since the Christmas Queue is planned to rank maps in December, you should find some other mods to improve the mapset. Normal and Hard diff are really nice and with these changes will improve a lot, but it would be nice to see some more improvements on top diff as well. Call me back at December and I will be glad to recheck and to bubble this!


Really nice mod, each suggestion had extremely clear reasoning to it and it felt like I was definitely improving my map. I'll call you back on December!

pinataman: I'll apply your mod tomorrow, I'm tired right now xd. (I'll edit this post and give you kudosu when I do, so that you know.)

pinataman wrote:



Hi. Here from Christmas Queue. Hope this finds you well!

[Wonder]

00:08:032 (4) - This was an important note to me because of the strong vocal on the downbeat, so I was a bit disappointed there was nothing to emphasize or contrast this. Changed something here.

01:08:969 (3) – This was a strong note, so it felt strange that the DS into was smaller than the DS on the weak note at 01:08:735 (2) - . I agree, redone the pattern completely.

01:16:235 (2) – This is a strong note in the song, but it didn't feel that strong in the map. I think it would actually be more exciting if you lowered the DS between 01:15:063 (1,2,1,2,1) – a bit so that the note at 01:16:235 (2) – can really stand out. Alternatively, you can make the flow/pattern different at (2) to offer contrast/emphasis that way. Alright, made the angle of the last two notes different.
There are other places where I feel this way, but I will only mention this one. I think the other times where it happens (02:16:938 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -, 02:58:188 (1,2,1,2,1,2), and 03:20:688 (1,2,1,2,1,2) - - ) are fine because they use angular emphasis to make the notes stand out.

01:30:532 (1,2) – I didn't like the aesthetics, consider making the (2) slider go into (1) more like https://puu.sh/ycz9o/ad6f805048.jpg Done

01:33:344 (5,1,2) – I didn't get this. Compare to places like 00:27:719 (5,1,2) – and 00:31:469 (5,1,2) – etc. It felt like your shtick was to change the position of the slider heads from the typical pattern. But instead at 01:33:344 (5,1,2) – , there's no change, and it's exactly a line, and I thought you were trying to not do that. I don't really see a problem with this. I didn't even notice this was the only set of straight line sliders until you told me. Personally, it plays and looks nice and I don't see a reason to change it.

01:35:922 (3,1) – This DS felt a bit big. I think the spacing is fine because it's a very strong beat, and it's the beginning of a new phrase in the music.

03:26:782 (1) – The reverse sliders felt like they were simplifying the rhythm a lot, so it felt like there were some cool beats I was kind of glossing over. When I played the Hard, I was like "yeah this rhythm felt more engaging. The Wonder diff would be nicer if you just copied this into it instead," so try some other rhythms. I think what I have right now is fine, because it encompasses the main repeating melody quite well. Honestly, it's hard to do something engaging here because the music is very repetitive, so I think having the map become repetitive would be a good way to reflect on that.

03:42:719 (2) – Spinner might be a good way to express the fade out section. Same for Hard Alright, sure.

Edit: Some of the changes you made after Chewin's map made me want to give an alternative viewpoint.

00:30:532 (1,2,3,4,5) - I don't think the problem was the flow since similar parts where you fanned out at 01:13:657 (1,2,3) - are nice to play. I think it was just too big an angle at (3,4,5), so if you close that up sharpen up that angle like this you could do that flow if you wanted. Yeah I agree, it'll make the pattern less inconsistent as well.

00:38:032 (1,2,3,4) - I like what you had before. The anti-jump was clearly bringing out the background vocal in a detailed way, and its that kind of detailed expression that I like seeing in maps. I'll change this in a way so that it doesn't play awkward, but still brings out the background vocals.

Good luck!


Thanks for modding!
posted


[Normal]
  1. 00:57:719 (1,2,1) - In this place, I don't really agree with the placement of those circles, cause it makes a triple stack that can be misunderstood by the player, since it's new to him. Since those beats are strong, it would have been better to have them spaced instead of stacked, or at least having this slider: 00:58:657 (1) - moved. (If you apply it here, don't forget to do same for this one: 01:59:594 (1,2,1) - / 02:44:594 (1,2,1) - )
  2. 01:16:000 (5,6) - This might be too hard for a new player this is the only times you see it in the song, two circles next to them can be misread, especially when they have a small gap like this, why not making this 01:15:532 (4) - as a reversed slider instead? So it would look more friendly towards beginners. (Same thing for here 02:17:407 (4,5,6) - / 02:58:657 (4,5,6) - but if you want, you can add diversity in your patterns)
  3. 01:16:469 - to 01:17:407 (1) - I feel this is pretty undermapped compared to the rest of the kiai, especially cause the part I timestamped is still in the kiai. Having a spinner here is making the map less representative of the song, cause it's avoiding a lot of important beat that could have been mapped. I noticed that you mapped the vocals here, so if you're focused on the vocals, you should map this too: 01:16:703 - (Same thingy here: 02:18:813 (7,1) - )
  4. 01:49:282 (3) - Having the slider going back on the previous slider isn't making the thing easier for the new player, it can confuse the player, and also, it's making the flow less fluid on this part. In my opinion, it should be moved elsewhere, cause there is no real reason in the sound to doing a step backwards, you see...
  5. 03:05:688 (2,3,4) - Make the slider "1" in the same way as "3" for consistancy, like this, so it will be enhancing your pattern, since it will be more emphasized with the song.
  6. 03:45:532 (1) - Why you mapped the first beat of the bell, and not the rest? I guess that's important to finish something you have started.


In this diff, I think that the kiai are quite of similar. I agree that the beats are usually the same, but I think that using more reverse slider or more circle would make the thing less repetitive.

[Hard]
  1. 00:11:782 (1,2,3,4) - This is more intense in terms of rhythm here, having 5 circles in line on a opening part that is "calm" is quite high for a normal. I would have think about something less intense, like 3 circles → 1 1/2 slider, so it would add more impact on this beat: 00:12:719 (5) - that is quite strong.
  2. 01:07:563 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - In my opinion, this part doesn't flow well, you made something too sharp for this kind of diff. It makes the player doing a rollback on each NC, and it's not confortable. The flow you've been using here: 01:00:063 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - is better since it's using a triangular flow, so it's more fluid. In summary, I think you should rework the flow of this pattern a bit, to make it fluid.
  3. 01:40:610 - You're missing a strong beat here. Moreover, since you're focused on vocals, it's important to map it.
  4. 02:09:438 (2,3,1,2) - This beat is not using the same flow as the previous one. This is the only part on all the similar pattern you used on the Hard where the flow isn't something with triangular movement. This is something pretty linear here, so I suggest you to remove it for consistancy, and also to be more representative of the song.
  5. 02:37:094 (2,3,1,2,1,2) - In my opinion, that would have been better to space the circle from the slider a bit more on each beats since the intensity is getting higher on each time.
  6. 03:21:625 (1,2) - The jump here is pretty high, even if the sound is strong, I don't think it can be good to play for a usually Hard players. Try to reduce the distance here.
  7. For the end, it's same as the Normal diffs about the bells.


Good luck for your map! Merry Christmas to you!
Please sign in to reply.