List of mapping drama

posted
Total Posts
show more
ColdTooth

Serraionga wrote:

might be a bit late for this but

beatmapsets/2066427/discussion/-/generalAll#/3966141

seems like AI art has arrived into this game in the form of backgrounds and from what i've gleaned we might already have some ranked beatmaps using them. this particular case sparked some tension in the modding section of the map, to the point of getting some BNs involved and even someone getting restricted mid-discussion EDIT: they've already been unrestricted

hoo boy i'm Ready! to see anime girls with 7 fingers!!!!! (not)
No words, but I don't support AI art.
KatouMegumi
I like AI art and learning about it. I'll just leave it at that.
Serraionga

ColdTooth wrote:

yeah, me neither. honestly it just seems like another way for people to cut corners to their maps and also a new way to piss off actual artists (one more to the pile lol) by frankensteining their works into very different things. pretty sure the ranking criteria should get some revisions regarding this

let's just make ai generated maps at this point and free us from the curse that is mapping

also, most things i've seen made with AI art are fucking ugly. like, no kidding, everything i've seen looks like SHIT so far
Karmine

Serraionga wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

yeah, me neither. honestly it just seems like another way for people to cut corners to their maps and also a new way to piss off actual artists (one more to the pile lol) by frankensteining their works into very different things. pretty sure the ranking criteria should get some revisions regarding this

let's just make ai generated maps at this point and free us from the curse that is mapping

also, most things i've seen made with AI art are fucking ugly. like, no kidding, everything i've seen looks like SHIT so far
Considering how many generic ranked maps there is it probably wouldn't be that hard to make AI generated maps without anyone noticing
Dementedduck

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

might be a bit late for this but

beatmapsets/2066427/discussion/-/generalAll#/3966141

seems like AI art has arrived into this game in the form of backgrounds and from what i've gleaned we might already have some ranked beatmaps using them. this particular case sparked some tension in the modding section of the map, to the point of getting some BNs involved and even someone getting restricted mid-discussion EDIT: they've already been unrestricted

hoo boy i'm Ready! to see anime girls with 7 fingers!!!!! (not)
I have a hot take on this.

I don't get why people think that this is the start of a problem with disrespecting artists with this whole AI thing considering the many, MANY, beatmaps that use someone's artwork for the background without links or crediting (I'm guilty of this myself).

If you're upset about people using AI for backgrounds then by all means voice your opinion. Just don't virtue signal about this and completely ignore the issue of people not giving credit to artists for using their artwork for their background.
true and based
MrMcMikey22

Karmine wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

Considering how many generic ranked maps there is it probably wouldn't be that hard to make AI generated maps without anyone noticing
yeah...

put a random anime girl and boom..

ranked map!

Or you could do the opposite and make a whole ass background even with terribly low effort...

Although idk..

That'll probably land into the graveyard instead without it getting loved ever... ;_;
Karmine

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

yeah...

ranked map!

Or you could do the opposite and make a whole ass background even with terribly low effort...

Although idk..

That'll probably land into the graveyard instead without it getting loved ever... ;_;
There's a mapper that's renowned for making terrible maps with terrible hand made backgrounds so don't worry

Alternatively you can be like Hollow Wings and make good maps with good backgrounds lol
MrMcMikey22

Karmine wrote:

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

yeah...

ranked map!

Although idk..

There's a mapper that's renowned for making terrible maps with terrible hand made backgrounds so don't worry

Alternatively you can be like Hollow Wings and make good maps with good backgrounds lol
I think I'll probably be a taiko mapper that makes these weird backgrounds all the time...
ColdTooth

Serraionga wrote:

Wafer

Also I would say 25% of Cheri's maps but Wafer is truly the new mapper I despise
z0z
i swear these people with the ai images better not grow up to be techbros
MrMcMikey22
wait should i even bump this?

or is that just making off-topic worse?

Anyways...

This isssue has thaaaaankfuuuuully already been solved days ago thank my holy god. -_-

So plz don't spread that drama out or else Twitter will randomly try to commit mass arson and mass property destruction and also mass abusement whether it's emotional or physical or whatever, because Twitter sucks!

beatmapsets/2066239/discussion

Very questionable disqualification tag change that honestly should never even be mentioned in the first place on top of a very detailed description of what that word ACTUALLY MEANS!!!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! >II(
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

wait should i even bump this?

or is that just making off-topic worse?

Anyways...

This isssue has thaaaaankfuuuuully already been solved days ago thank my holy god. -_-

So plz don't spread that drama out or else Twitter will randomly try to commit mass arson and mass property destruction and also mass abusement whether it's emotional or physical or whatever, because Twitter sucks!

beatmapsets/2066239/discussion

Very questionable disqualification tag change that honestly should never even be mentioned in the first place on top of a very detailed description of what that word ACTUALLY MEANS!!!

EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! >II(
not only that, but the map has a PP abuse glitch in CTB LMAO
Hydreigon

Patatitta wrote:

not only that, but the map has a PP abuse glitch in CTB LMAO

nearly 900pp with HRHD (650 if HT) for 4 star difficulty... what

sadly im away from my computer so i cant try it right now xd
Rikuka
woah compilation

popcorn.jpg
Jun Maeda
MrMcMikey22

Jun Maeda wrote:

you may need to update this thread due to FuJu drama recently

beatmapsets/1913010/discussion/-/generalAll#/4105391
beatmapsets/2084849/discussion/-/generalAll#/4074021
Yeah i really do wonder why FuJu just veto'd it without explaining why...

Btw, these ranked maps are all getting so boring to look at... -.-

Probably because I'm no longer interested at these osu! maps... =|
DM FOR MUTUAL
This thread has been extremely quiet considering everything that's happened over the last few weeks
Hydreigon

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

This thread has been extremely quiet considering everything that's happened over the last few weeks
link the beatmap discussions, then aborker will add it if he has time to
[ Sebastian ]
Besides the Satarks vs FuJu thing there was also something recently about a BN disqualifying a map just a couple hours before it was due to be ranked.

BNs can be cruel sometimes.
Corne2Plum3

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Besides the Satarks vs FuJu thing there was also something recently about a BN disqualifying a map just a couple hours before it was due to be ranked.

BNs can be cruel sometimes.
It doesn't really change that the map is DQ just before being ranked or just qualified, as the map don't change its place in queue. If it was the next to be ranked then DQ, when the map will be qualified again, it will be thr next map to be ranked.
[[[[[[
still think the fuju drama is the worst mapping drama ever, literally no one actually know what they or their opponents are talking about and yet think they are the most gigabrained person ever (even tho their arguements are recycled from popular people)
[ Sebastian ]
wafer got a map qualified everyone hates.

https://twitter.com/Akolibed1/status/1744355144731373710
Corne2Plum3

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

again?
MrMcMikey22

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

again?
Yeah wafer likes to make every single mapper mad by making 2007 sliders... xP

wafer is clearly one of the most powerful controversy magnets of the recent mapping meta, constantly getting hate, because of his weird overlapping maps and song choice...

But that won't matter for wafer, because it clearly looks like wafer's not having any problems ranking something like this.

I have a feeling that osu! mapping is just declining, no matter how many metas it'll create.

There's always something to complain about mapping lol. =P
[ Sebastian ]

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

again?
Yeah wafer likes to make every single mapper mad by making 2007 sliders... xP

wafer is clearly one of the most powerful controversy magnets of the recent mapping meta, constantly getting hate, because of his weird overlapping maps and song choice...

But that won't matter for wafer, because it clearly looks like wafer's not having any problems ranking something like this.

I have a feeling that osu! mapping is just declining, no matter how many metas it'll create.

There's always something to complain about mapping lol. =P
I think a lot of people's problem with wafer is that in their eyes if anyone else mapped the same beatmap instead of wafer, it wouldn't get any attention from the BNs.
MrMcMikey22
Oh wait I completely forgot about this discussion:

beatmapsets/1540170/discussion

Not nearly as spicy, but this one's another xeroa map with like infinite stars or something idk... ._.
his everything

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

drama made by Twitter, opinion rejected
MrMcMikey22

Anaxii wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

Yeah Twitter is just free drama now.

Why do millions still use it?

I don't know. ;_;
his everything

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Oh wait I completely forgot about this discussion:

beatmapsets/1540170/discussion

Not nearly as spicy, but this one's another xeroa map with like infinite stars or something idk... ._.
his everything

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

I don't know. ;_;
i have to admit, i kind of use Twitter just to find funny videos OOF
- Marco -

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

I don't know. ;_;
It's the only place where i can shitpost without being randomly banned 24/7 by moderation
MrMcMikey22

- Marco - wrote:

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

I don't know. ;_;
It's the only place where i can shitpost without being randomly banned 24/7 by moderation
But wait can't you post shitposts in ot about the osu! mapping drama thing?

Or shitpost in this thread?

Or is it because everyone in the mapping community is just a lunatic...? ._.
- Marco -

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

I don't know. ;_;
But wait can't you post shitposts in ot about the osu! mapping drama thing?

Or shitpost in this thread?

Or is it because everyone in the mapping community is just a lunatic...? ._.
yeah but i mean like shitpost generally or sharing random thoughts, and i also read the tweets from the italian/global osu community
his everything
i hate Twitter
[ Sebastian ]

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

The map got ranked.
Corne2Plum3

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

The map got ranked.
No way they ranked a 2B map map with 352 BPM jumps

Karmine

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

The map got ranked.
No way they ranked a 2B map map with 352 BPM jumps

Technically not 2B.

Just like centipede.
igorsprite
did you guys know i'm on this list?
MrMcMikey22
Mapping drama surely is starting real hot this year!

But holy fuzz!

Look at the lowest rated maps in osu! that got ranked!

There are soooo many 2023 maps luuuuuuuuuul.

If 2024 gets even hotter drama, then like 50% of the maps will get into the bottom...

And then the average rating becomes like less than 5. ;w;

Although tbf if my maps would be ranked it'd probably also get like a really bad rating, because of a lot of the newer people not really getting into my mapping style. ;_;
qwt
"old mapper decides to wipe his existence after being insulted on twitter"

who? are we talking about soulfear the link does not work:(
show more