forum

Would you rather

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS
pls dont hate me,

i had a Would you rather questions

would you rather be a person with the morally wrong views like nazism, communism or white supremacy with some form of talent and i could be remembered for this talent if i don't embrace my nazi white supremacist communist bonehead self or would i be a person with the morally right views that has a chance of being remembered for my talent?
Corne2Plum3
community/forums/114 ?

What do you mean by "nz"?
Patatitta
I mean I don't want to commit suicide at 39
JustABeginner
I would rather keep myself safe.
Patatitta

Patatitta wrote:

JustABeginner wrote:

different views for different people I guess
JustABeginner

Patatitta wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

JustABeginner wrote:

different views for different people I guess
And the fact that our time difference is only 1 second apart.
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

community/forums/114 ?

the germans in ww2 (also sorry, for put on the wrong forums)
Patatitta

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

community/forums/114 ?

so nazis?, I don't get your point then, the nazis weren't talented artist, in fact, nazi germany was notorious for overly censoring everything and not bieng able to actually produce art, I thought you were going more into osamu dazai territory, which was what I was referencing to in my post, a really talented writer that had a very shitty ideology in life so they commited suicide at 39 by throwing himself into a river, I think it was his third attempt at suicide too, or even worse, yukio mishima which that story is so fucking crazy actually just read the wikipedia page on it really it's good
sametdze
nazis were not talented artists bro the guy that leaded them got kicked from art school 😭
Patatitta
okay thought about it for like 3 more seconds they probably mean would you rather be really cool and talented and famous but be a nazi kanye west style or not be that
sametdze
actually nvm pulled a corne where i dont actually read the thread

i dont see why being a talented artist/musician but having the negative politcal/philosophical views is bad, like, am i forcing my views into my art or songs or am i keeping my views seperate from my work?

and, in your definition, what is negative/positive political/philosophical views? like just nazism or is it more than that?
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

Patatitta wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

community/forums/114 ?

so nazis?, I don't get your point then, the nazis weren't talented artist, in fact, nazi germany was notorious for overly censoring everything and not bieng able to actually produce art, I thought you were going more into osamu dazai territory, which was what I was referencing to in my post, a really talented writer that had a very shitty ideology in life so they commited suicide at 39 by throwing himself into a river, I think it was his third attempt at suicide too, or even worse, yukio mishima which that story is so fucking crazy actually just read the wikipedia page on it really it's good
well, nice explanation, but, in my mind funny muoustache guy rejected, and starts nazism, i see the potential of his art/paintings, if austrian art school accepts him, he may be be remembered of a talented artist and maybe inspired many artist
Corne2Plum3

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

community/forums/114 ?

np, moved to the right place
sametdze
are you saying that in this scenario i have potential to make art and i have a chance of being remembered as a professional artist but if i go and start my own version of nazism i won't ever be able to do that? sorry mate you're confusing me a little
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

sametdze wrote:

are you saying that in this scenario i have potential to make art and i have a chance of being remembered as a professional artist but if i go and start my own version of nazism i won't ever be able to do that? sorry mate you're confusing me a little
depends, its not always nazism, but anything u want like communism, antifas, etc, u can change the ideology or philosophies if u want
Patatitta
honestly I don't really think you know what you're saying
sametdze

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

sametdze wrote:

depends, its not always nazism, but anything u want like communism, antifas, etc, u can change the ideology or philosophies if u want
depends on what exactly? i understand you're saying that my ideology can be literally whatever, but what depends
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

sametdze wrote:

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

sametdze wrote:

depends on what exactly? i understand you're saying that my ideology can be literally whatever, but what depends
depends on philosophies or ideologies ( sorry i kinda confused rn )
Karmine

Patatitta wrote:

okay thought about it for like 3 more seconds they probably mean would you rather be really cool and talented and famous but be a nazi kanye west style or not be that
That's how I interpret it.

I'd rather stay as I am, no talent but not living garbage.
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

Karmine wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

That's how I interpret it.

I'd rather stay as I am, no talent but not living garbage.
i understand
sametdze
wait now i think i know what you're trying to ask me (correct if im wrong)

would i rather be a person with the morally wrong views like nazism, communism or white supremacy with some form of talent and i could be remembered for this talent if i don't embrace my nazi white supremacist communist bonehead self or would i be a person with the morally right views that has a chance of being remembered for my talent?

some other questions:
-am i actively forcing my views into my works or something?
-is there a certain point where i "snap" and then start embracing my views (like when hitler started nazism cuz art school didnt want him)
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

sametdze wrote:

would i rather be a person with the morally wrong views like nazism, communism or white supremacy with some form of talent and i could be remembered for this talent if i don't embrace my nazi white supremacist communist bonehead self or would i be a person with the morally right views that has a chance of being remembered for my talent?
yeah, thats im talking about, also, can i copy paste it, so anyone can understand it?
sametdze

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

sametdze wrote:

yeah, thats im talking about, also, can i copy paste it, so anyone can understand it?
i mean yeah
sametdze

sametdze wrote:

well if we're going with this definiton the 2nd one, do i even have to explain?

AxisPraxisMDS in the original post wrote:

pls dont hate me,
dw bro nobody hating you we just confused
Topic Starter
AxisPraxisMDS

sametdze wrote:

sametdze wrote:

pls dont hate me,
oh
sametdze

AxisPraxisMDS wrote:

sametdze wrote:

sametdze wrote:

pls dont hate me,
oh
all good just make sure to be more clear next time
Arctos Sagittario
and you say communism is morally wrong

well I don’t know, maybe all what I need is some good talent in this case
Behrauder

Arctos Sagittario wrote:

and you say communism is morally wrong

well I don’t know, maybe all what I need is some good talent in this case

I'm not sure if I understand the question correctly, but I'll interpret it as: would you rather be talented and famous, but believe in a morally wrong view (on the level of Nazism), or just live your normal life?

It depends. Would people know about my ideology, or could I keep it to myself?

If my morally wrong ideology included hating some group, that would seem mentally draining, since hate is not a pleasant thing to feel. Hate is something I don't even remember the last time I felt, but I wouldn't like to include it in my daily life. But this bad feeling could be overcome by talent and fame.

...actually, thinking about it better, I don't even want to have a talent and be famous or remembered, I don't care about that.

But if my talent was in something I like, not in something useful, for example being able to surpass mrekk, then it all depends on whether people will know about my ideology or not, since I wouldn't like to be hated by everyone...

Jangsoodlor
What is your "morally right" view btw. Neo-liberalism? Patriotism? Social Justice? Whatever the case, someone will call you,in order, a Nazi, a White Supremacist and a communist anyways.

What is "morally correct" also changes with time. Colonialism was viewed by Europeans as "morally right" and is a white man's burden to civilise the "uncivilised" people but now we all know that's not quite moral.