Topic Starter
xch00F
your guilt and your sorrows
not asking for my sake
but I do want to know for yours
sametdze
just think about it and go "aw fuck man"
Aireunaeus
I usually try to deal with it and when it comes to a person, i simply apologize them
Achromalia
ruminate endlessly and develop more maladaptive coping mechanisms and daydream more

...and also generally trying to learn what to do about it, how to avoid or navigate anything like it in the future
Topic Starter
xch00F

Achromalia wrote:

the future
what happens when you're guilty and regretful that you may have one
DM FOR MUTUAL
I realise that there's nothing that I can do about it because it's in the past, and that the best thing I can do now is to learn from it so I can be better in the future

I also realise that my life did not end up completely fucked so it wasn't that bad in the end (this strategy may not work if your life did end up being completely fucked)

I've also pretty much never had any major regrets involving relationships with other people so idk what I'd do in that situation
Achromalia

xch00F wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

the future
what happens when you're guilty and regretful that you may have one
mm, i think that'd depend greatly on what the substance of that guilt and regret would be, i wouldn't be able to suggest anything of something to do with our futures without consideration for the contexts and contents that constitute and condition them

i do imagine that guilt/regret about possibly Having a future might involve what i extrapolate of my own experience with it. maybe more universally, that seems like it'd result in a withdrawal to isolation/alienation in service of avoiding or addressing the fear that living and having a future will have gravity and consequence that you and i may not know how to prepare for

our conditions are very local and distinct, though, so something vague like this would not necessarily be substantive enough to be helpful if this is a sincere plea. additionally, because of my own limited insight + exclusivity in localized perspective, i can't conscionably guarantee what would happen from there onward;;
Winnyace
Not very well. I'm trying to learn from them and see them as the result of me being young and native, but it is embarrassing for me remembering them, extremely so sometimes.
Achromalia

Winnyace wrote:

Not very well. I'm trying to learn from them and see them as the result of me being young and native, but it is embarrassing for me remembering them, extremely so sometimes.
^

at the same time, seeking ways to reconcile with that past and maybe embrace/comfort that younger naive self

i am still naive, probably... and i seem to prefer that, if it allows me at least enough of an illusion about humanity to enjoy Something about what people create and willingly share with each other

but it would be preferable if that naivety didn't exist at the expense of people i might be irresponsible/neglectful with, people i might fail to communicate/mediate effectively with, people i may be unhealthily immature with

a lot of that is anxiety and fear, and a general ignorance/oblivion toward the gravity/substance of what it means to responsibly address and prepare for a future that i simply don't have enough reliable integration of information for. i generally doubt my abilities to navigate most of anything meaningfully tangible :/

Ymir wrote:

I don't
^

or that
Ymir
I don't
Cerno
alcohol
burgernfat
Jump off the nearest building
Patatitta
I don't really have real regrets, yeah sure maybe I embarrased myself in a social situation 3 years back, but that's about it, I have yet to really make a bad decision that has heavily affected my life for worse, maybe in the past I did, but I kinda solved it by the end so everything was fine later
Karmine
Kinda like pata, I did some embarrassing stuff a few times but I'm probably the only one who remembers it anyway and I tend to laugh it off instead of panicking over it.
I've never done anything life ruining or that had bad consequences long-term so in the end I don't really have any regrets.
z0z
i forgor
Lapizote
eat some cheesecake
B0ii
blame myself, contemplate the slide of sewer, cry, then go back to normal
Corne2Plum3
I just cry about it
Reyalp51
usually i dont mind it too much if i make mistakes
i did one big mistake 2/3 years ago that i do still regret making because its not something that can be easily undone or fixed, but it was something i did thinking it was the best decision so i should not beat myself too much about it

how do you deal with this? time, time to think
keremaru
i go "shit what the fuck"
go distract myself with something/someone
then sit back down at the end of the day and remember that shit and go "what the fuck is wrong with me"
Polyspora
cry. it helps a lot, cleanse the soul
MistressRemilia
Poorly!
I AM VERY SMART
I don't have regrets.
Winnyace

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I don't have regrets.
Very bold, frankly.
- Marco -
Karmine

Winnyace wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I don't have regrets.
Very bold, frankly.
Of all the people this could come from it's somehow the least surprising.
Winnyace

Karmine wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I don't have regrets.
Very bold, frankly.
Yeah. Anaxii always came off as... very confident in herself, which is both good and bad at the same time.
Karmine

Winnyace wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

I AM VERY SMART wrote:

I don't have regrets.
Very bold, frankly.
Yeah. Anaxii always came off as... very confident in herself, which is both good and bad at the same time.
It's good up to a certain point.
Nuuskamuikkunen
I forget about them and remember them at random times and having a mini anxiety attack each time.
Karmine

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

I forget about them and remember them at random times and having a mini anxiety attack each time.
That happens too but them I think "lmao it's nothing" and it goes away.
Wimpy Cursed

Lapizote wrote:

eat some cheesecake

I try to deal with my past doings by simply changing my course of thought. I find that it is the best way to "grow."
My regrets aren't on a scale that would ruin my life, but they have sent me to a spiral sometimes
[ Rynn ]
i try to get it off my mind by listening to music or sleeping. i sometimes grab something to eat too like yogurt or mac&cheese
abraker