forum

why does osu mania have so many long note charts?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
dnail
I've played many vsrg games and I've never seen such a large collection of ln charts like I see with osu. Is this the new meta? should I lnmax? I dont even like ln. Why is there so many???
Patatitta
idk people like it or something, just so you know, forums aren't the place to ask anything at all, like, unironically, don't use the forum for this purpouse, go to a public discord server or the osugame reddit and ask there or whatever
abraker
So thats what mania is like these days

Doesnt seem any different than it was in 2019

#rankmorestreams
Topic Starter
dnail

Patatitta wrote:

idk people like it or something, just so you know, forums aren't the place to ask anything at all, like, unironically, don't use the forum for this purpouse, go to a public discord server or the osugame reddit and ask there or whatever
Ive seen discussions about what mod to use, and what charts to play, why not here? is there a different board for this stuff? it is "off topic"
Corne2Plum3
community/forums/107

This is also where this thread belongs to now
netzoid
LN can be much more expressive than rice + LN has much a variety of ways (more than rice) to represent certain sounds that rice cant. I think this is why a lot mappers tend to lean toward LN for their map not sure tho
[TCD] Dzar03
Yep, it's a trend and what made Osu!mania unique nowadays.
If you are Stepmania based player or you played Osu!mania around 2020 and earlier, most Osu!mania maps are rice based, inspried from Stepmania and similar games.
Nowadays, mappers find that LN could represent the music better and more variety than rice. High SR maps are mostly LN so that could also raise the need of players to practice LN more, thus more LN maps were made
It's also the fact that most players find LN is hard to play in the first place, but once you practice more, I'm sure you can find fun in LN patterns, at the end it's your choice to choose to play what you like