forum

Osu! Was There. Why?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BetaAndroid
You all know the phrase to be there or be square. well, Osu! is not a square, proving they were there. Does anyone know why Osu! was there?
Manishh
it's there that's why its not there
Patatitta
if osu! isn't square, that means it's there, not the reverse where it isn't there
abraker
Topic Starter
BetaAndroid
Oh, I got them mixed up, sorry. I have fixed it now.
Manishh

Patatitta wrote:

if osu! isn't square, that means it's there, not the reverse where it isn't there
there there listen, osu is square, thats mean its not there, the reverse where it is there
Corne2Plum3
You're supposed to reach your cursor a point in the screen, while clicking at this point on a specific time. The game allows you a certain tolerance (distance point-cursor) determined by the beatmap settings. The group of all valid points is a circle, with this focused point at the center. That's why osu! is a game with circles, not squares, because the validity of the cursor position wouldn't depends only by the distance to this point, but also the angle.
Patatitta

Manishh wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

there there listen, osu is square, thats mean its not there, the reverse where it is there
but osu is circle, not square
YyottaCat
?
Farfocele
i dunno
Topic Starter
BetaAndroid

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

You're supposed to reach your cursor a point in the screen, while clicking at this point on a specific time. The game allows you a certain tolerance (distance point-cursor) determined by the beatmap settings. The group of all valid points is a circle, with this focused point at the center. That's why osu! is a game with circles, not squares, because the validity of the cursor position wouldn't depends only by the distance to this point, but also the angle.
that makes sense. however, Osu! is on electronic devices, and guess what screens use. pixels. and pixels are squares. but then again the code could actually be displaying it as an actual circle and it not displaying 1:1 with our screen. and a bunch of other situations that could be valid.