forum

The OT Encyclopedia

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

i really dont wanna necro ot's royal museum of art three months later, but where are the other ot collabs?
why hasn't that thread been as active as it was?

i'm just asking, you don't have to answer if you don't want to
abraker handles that thread, they probably have just missed it and not added it
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

i really dont wanna necro ot's royal museum of art three months later, but where are the other ot collabs?

ah okay
thank you for the info!
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

ah okay
thank you for the info!
also, feel free to bump the museum, if you post the missing images on the thread, they will most likely than not get added
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

ah okay
thank you for the info!
also, feel free to bump the museum, if you post the missing images on the thread, they will most likely than not get added
ahhh oki oki
thank you, ill do it now! (i think it was just the collab corne hosted that needed added so yeah)
Serraionga

Ymir wrote:

I read somewhere that it's 3 months for regular threads. For OT threads, it feels like a week old thread could be outdated enough to fit that category.
i'd rather stick to 1 month of inactivity because threads get darkened after that amount of time. this change has made its way back to the current design (forgot to mention that in my previous post)

Ymir

Serraionga wrote:

Ymir wrote:

I read somewhere that it's 3 months for regular threads. For OT threads, it feels like a week old thread could be outdated enough to fit that category.
i'd rather stick to 1 month of inactivity because threads get darkened after that amount of time. this change has made its way back to the current design (forgot to mention that in my previous post)
Oh yeah. In theory anything past 1 month is a necro then, but in practice I do believe that 3 months is still alright, nobody is going to scream "necro!" for a 2 or 3 month old thread, I imagine. Anything past that, maybe?
Farfocele

B0ii wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

Serraionga wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Necro: To necro means to revive a dead thread. This means, posting in a thread that hasn't received activity for a long time, normally around 6 months, bumping it to the front page. Necroposting is seen as something negative, and there is warning in some threads warning you not to do it.
community/forums/posts/8546219
i get the feeling an edit war would have started by now if anyone could edit
yep
Like the article with caesar salad, but instead of the country changing, it would be the duration for a necro
Achromalia
not gonna lie, after having been absent from ot for about 12-18 months, this is strangely interesting to read from. i love any kind of encyclopedia, and this (mainly the important threads section) looks like an ok start
Karmine

Achromalia wrote:

not gonna lie, after having been absent from ot for about 12-18 months, this is strangely interesting to read from. i love any kind of encyclopedia, and this (mainly the important threads section) looks like an ok start
Yeah the previous threads for that were outdated and an update was long overdue.
The Art of OT was already starting to get outdated when I first joined OT over 2 years ago.
Farfocele
OT wiki when
sametdze

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when
i was actually thinking about making an OT wiki but then i was like "nah we already have the encyclopedia"

i still have my meraheze account so if any the mods over there feel kind enough to accept the idea of an OT wiki and majority of us want an OT wiki well.. ;)
Farfocele

sametdze wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when
i was actually thinking about making an OT wiki but then i was like "nah we already have the encyclopedia"

i still have my meraheze account so if any the mods over there feel kind enough to accept the idea of an OT wiki and majority of us want an OT wiki well.. ;)
i would want to be a contributor!
Ymir
A wiki would work well if you pull it off; that is make it work like an actual wiki. It doesn't have to be like the Encyclopedia at all.

I suggest making it using Wikia or something, unless you find a way to format it well here.
sametdze

Ymir wrote:

I suggest making it using Wikia or something, unless you find a way to format it well here.
no, fuck fandom. there are far better wiki services out there, like the previously mentioned miraheze. i might use fandom as a last resort though.
Farfocele

Ymir wrote:

A wiki would work well if you pull it off; that is make it work like an actual wiki. It doesn't have to be like the Encyclopedia at all.

fuck fandom honestly
Ymir
I have no idea what fandom did but I imagine your reaction is justified.
B0ii

Ymir wrote:

basically they're hella greedy
Karmine
If you want to make OT wiki you can just edit the wiki page.
Idk if you can create more pages to add stuff to it, never edited wikis before.
- Marco -

Karmine wrote:

You can submit pull requests on the ppy/osu-wiki GitHub. Just make sure to check wiki/osu!_wiki/Contribution_guide first
Farfocele

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

You can submit pull requests on the ppy/osu-wiki GitHub. Just make sure to check wiki/osu!_wiki/Contribution_guide first
i ain't bothering with that
Karmine

Farfocele wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when

Achromalia

Karmine wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Farfocele wrote:

OT wiki when

lol lmao lmfao <3 love this from y'all
z0z

B0ii wrote:

Ymir wrote:

basically they're hella greedy
use antifandom to put on a protective suit
sametdze
welp just sent a wiki request to miraheze lets hope they accept it
Karmine

sametdze wrote:

Would be funny if they say "you already have an ingame wiki you can edit though?".
sametdze

Karmine wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Would be funny if they say "you already have an ingame wiki you can edit though?".

uhh gng help me out here, i did submit a request and by the looks of it the wiki is getting accepted, i just need a better paragraph so uhhh get cooking please and try to sound some what pro thx
Farfocele

sametdze wrote:

Karmine wrote:

sametdze wrote:

uhh gng help me out here, i did submit a request and by the looks of it the wiki is getting accepted, i just need a better paragraph so uhhh get cooking please and try to sound some what pro thx
son of a-

OT: Will there be any rules against editing your own page, provided you are notable enough for one?
sametdze
probably not? i don't see why editing your own page would be a bad thing
Farfocele

sametdze wrote:

Ah, nice. On Wikipedia, directly editing your own entry could actually result in sanctions from violating Conflict of Interest rules, lol.
Ymir
I don't think OT users should have their own page.
That is, if you plan on genuinely continuing this project.

My only reason being that half of us haven't done anything worthy of documentation. Maybe an Abraker page or a JohnMedina page would be alright. Keep the standards high.
I could also contribute to writing anything if you have some open spaces.
Reyalp51

Ymir wrote:

too bad i alreay bought 10000 domains
Farfocele

Ymir wrote:

My only reason being that half of us haven't done anything worthy of documentation. Maybe an Abraker page or a JohnMedina page would be alright.
Yeah, I wouldn't say I am notable either lol.
Achromalia

Ymir wrote:

i'm actually kind of curious how bad it could get, if it were to be problem

among my curiosities is whether peoples' pages end up reflecting the tone/texture/character of the users themselves, as well as whether there's a general forum-wide bias from likability or if it'll really remain neutral after all

so maybe a mixture of logistics issues and the status likely held by having a particular kind of wiki page in depth or length or tone. makes the forum somewhat incentivized toward something awfully competitive, through some form of ego-stroking self-obsession (a slightly hyperbolic generalization, but probably somewhere near there)

i kind of don't care either way yet, but i'm sure i would at least find a reason to start caring in practice depending on how it ultimately affects ot

didn't refresh in time to see the edit, i had an entirely different rationale i guess lmao
Karmine

Farfocele wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Ah, nice. On Wikipedia, directly editing your own entry could actually result in sanctions from violating Conflict of Interest rules, lol.
If that was enforced there would be no Wikipedia page about Wikipedia, especially not one that's basically saying it's the best wiki ever and the only one you should ever use (it may have changed but it used to be like that kinda).
If someone change their own page (or any page) to write shit it can be reverted I guess.
Don't know if miraheze allows locking pages like Wikipedia does.

Ymir wrote:

My only reason being that half of us haven't done anything worthy of documentation. Maybe an Abraker page or a JohnMedina page would be alright. Keep the standards high.
I could also contribute to writing anything if you have some open spaces.
Some definitely deserve one, others not. I guess there should only be pages for people who have done something significant or stayed long enough to have left a trace. Although that can be hard to decide for some (especially the old ones few remember) it shouldn't be too hard for people who have been here in the last 3-4 years since there are still active people from then.
Either that or everyone who's posted somewhat significantly (denizens?) gets one but most would be nearly empty.

Achromalia wrote:

among my curiosities is whether peoples' pages end up reflecting the tone/texture/character of the users themselves, as well as whether there's a general forum-wide bias from likability or if it'll really remain neutral after all
Time to make a guestbook like in the old times where users give their opinion on each other through their wiki page :P.
Corne2Plum3

sametdze wrote:

Karmine wrote:

sametdze wrote:

what the-
sametdze
anyways yeah can someone write a very nice professional detailed paragraph about what the OT wiki is because i cant really do it myself
Reyalp51

sametdze wrote:

anyways yeah can someone write a very nice professional detailed paragraph about what the OT wiki is because i cant really do it myself
https://chatgpt.com
Karmine

Reyalp51 wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Don't.
Achromalia

sametdze wrote:

even trying to form a prompt for it would be a difficult task depending on what you're going to include in it. without any idea of the specific components and formatting and general documentation philosophy, i can't really imagine what "the OT wiki" is either, much less what an accurately descriptive paragraph would look like
lostsilver

Karmine wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Don't.
dont use chatgpt, samet
dont give in
Karmine

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Don't.
dont use chatgpt, samet
dont give in
Don't know why I read this like "Never Give Up".
I AM VERY SMART

- Marco - wrote:

Karmine wrote:

when is - Marco - becoming a GMT
Corne2Plum3

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Don't.
dont use chatgpt, samet
dont give in
I'm sure ChatGPT wouldn't be able to make an OT! wiki even decent
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Don't.
dont use chatgpt, samet
dont give in
yeah the point is that it must be ass and chatgpt isn't the best for that
Farfocele

Patatitta wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

sametdze wrote:

Don't.
dont use chatgpt, samet
dont give in
yeah the point is that it must be ass and chatgpt isn't the best for that
In addition, on the actual Wikipedia, ChatGPT is very not recommended.
I AM VERY SMART
people really used ChatGPT because they are lazy, what a shame
z0z
chatgpt is a language learning model, not a knowledge model, and especially not a niche knowledge model

it would fuck up to a comedic degree
abraker
You need to add dweller to the vocabulary
Karmine

abraker wrote:

It's barely used anymore, people still use overlord despite it being obsolete though.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Karmine wrote:

abraker wrote:

It's barely used anymore, people still use overlord despite it being obsolete though.
fact checked that and it turns it hasn't been really ever used, at all

like really, that word has only been used 350 times in total, and only 250 or so with the modern meaning
B0ii

Patatitta wrote:

Karmine wrote:

abraker wrote:

fact checked that and it turns it hasn't been really ever used, at all

like really, that word has only been used 350 times in total, and only 250 or so with the modern meaning
and besides, a dweller isn't something exclusive to the community of ot