forum

Skinning tutorial (+ skinning support)

posted
Total Posts
show more
karo_karo
what about the mode section? (the little box where you can select osu!standart, CTB, mania and taiko)
Matt2e2

karo_karo wrote:

what about the mode section? (the little box where you can select osu!standart, CTB, mania and taiko)

This tutorial is pretty old so don't count on that. Though, there is a new tutorial in the making, you can check it out here.

Edit: Oops, I've already linked it for you in an earlier post, my bad. I generally don't pay attention to who the person I'm responding to is xd.
VibeDemon
So i wanted to spice up my mania skin (merging skins in my case) and i saw something i wanted to implement in my skin but problems arose.

Starting off the skin showed below has 0 Mania images, their all deleted.
Example :

But the glow when hitting the key lights the blue/green color(which is the thing i want to add to my skin)
But since i have nothing to copy/paste in my folder im kinda stuck lol
If you are wondering or need to know this is BeastTrollMC's 2017 Skin would give DL if i could find it, Thanks!
KenLovesCheese
one question, WHAT THE FUCK IS A TEMPLATE
pupp3ts
Can anyone help? This happens when I put the image into the mode selection menu and I don't really know how to fix it. It lines up fine in Paint.net.
https://imgur.com/V84Lswy
Matt2e2

pupp3ts wrote:

Can anyone help? This happens when I put the image into the mode selection menu and I don't really know how to fix it. It lines up fine in Paint.net.

Check if the height of your mode-meds is 256px HD or 128px SD. Also it's better to just put the whole overlay on mode-fruits-med and not have to worry about the height of each mode-med, like this: https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/5fkAHUa.png.
pupp3ts

Matt2e2 wrote:

pupp3ts wrote:

Check if the height of your mode-meds is 256px HD or 128px SD. Also it's better to just put the whole overlay on mode-fruits-med and not have to worry about the height of each mode-med, like this: https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/5fkAHUa.png.

Thank you very much! Changing it to 256 px instead of 260 px fixed it.
Roccoboy
How do I have a character to the side?
Matt2e2

Roccoboy wrote:

Usually, it's done by extending selection-mode's canvas to the right and upwards. Then after that you can place your character wherever you want.
Zlacker
Can I ask which skin cookiezi used for the 2016 freedom dive hdhr?
I have searched on the internet for two days and still can't find the correct one.
G8D
any chance move score top right to bottom?
and move score meter: hit error to mid up?
Liftyfied
can be pause-overlay animated?
RockRoller

Liftyfied wrote:

can be pause-overlay animated?

no
Ananda
can someone tell. what Color Purple circle on Skin.ini
Matt2e2

Ananda wrote:

can someone tell. what Color Purple circle on Skin.ini

For that just edit the Combo1 value to your desired purple and delete the other combo colours. If you don't know what RGB values to use just type on Google "colour picker".
Also if you want more than one combo colour, add Combo2,3,4... (up to 8) to your skin.ini.
xxdinorabbitxx
is there a list of supporter exclusive skinning elements i can consult?
RockRoller

Shima Luan wrote:

is there a list of supporter exclusive skinning elements i can consult?

Menu-background.jpg
Welcome_text.png
Seeya.wav
Welcome.wav
Roccoboy

Matt2e2 wrote:

Roccoboy wrote:

Usually, it's done by extending selection-mode's canvas to the right and upwards. Then after that you can place your character wherever you want.

Thx ;P
AlKerTin03
So in my skin there's a file named "scorebar-bg.png" that says "Your name here" (inside the pic). Considering its a picture, does that mean i can't really edit it into my actual username?

Also yes that's nicki minaj you're staring at, pls dont ask why
45Traeath

AlKerTin03 wrote:

You should be able to.
Maybe the file you have isn't made easy to edit.
Matt2e2

AlKerTin03 wrote:

So in my skin there's a file named "scorebar-bg.png" that says "Your name here" (inside the pic). Considering its a picture, does that mean i can't really edit it into my actual username?

Also yes that's nicki minaj you're staring at, pls dont ask why

45Traeath wrote:

You should be able to.
Maybe the file you have isn't made easy to edit.

You usually need to have the project file to be able to easily edit your name in (like a .psd). Otherwise you have to remove and replace it by hand.

Also if your skin has a scorebar with a custom name on it, you're likely to have a .psd inside the skin's folder in a subfolder.
DoubleHplus
How to make the score fonts aligned in middle like in the current OWC? :<
Matt2e2

DoubleHplus wrote:

There's no way of doing that in the current client without having to mess up another part of the game sadly.
DoubleHplus

Matt2e2 wrote:

DoubleHplus wrote:

There's no way of doing that in the current client without having to mess up another part of the game sadly.

Owww, okay then.
RIN KUROYOSHI
Thx, I really want to make my own skin
GenerationGhost
Hi, i recently faced a pretty interessting problem, don't know if this is explained somewhere else (i couldn't find any simular problems related to that).

So when i want to install a skin lets say i have the folder with properties, i just drop the folder in 'Skins' and should then find the name of the folder under the Skinsselection right?

For me it doesn't show up... instead i can only see 'Default' and 'User' if i click on 'Skin file' its opens the folder 'User' under '[Volume where i installed Osu!]\osu!\Skins\User' draging properties of skins there makes them possible to load via selecting the 'User' under Skins but thats just making stuff over obnoxious...

How can i fix this problem? Am i just too stupid to understand what i did wrong? I never have seen this kind of problems in years of playing osu! before and i just recently returned...
RockRoller

GenerationGhost wrote:

Hi, i recently faced a pretty interessting problem,[...]

So, it doesnt import skins properly when you manually add them to your skins folder? That doesnt make too much sense, osu! should read every existing folder in the Skins folder and show them ingame, even if they dont have anything in them or are invalid. So please make sure that you installed the skins in the right directory.
Opening an .osk normally should just open it with osu, which does the extraction itself.
m i r a i e
can somone make a book out of this
Queen Viola
This is great! Awesome work
hoji-
Hi there! I'm making a skin but i have a little problem: the approach circle is the same for standard and taiko, but i want them to be different, one for taiko and one for standard. Is this possible?
RockRoller

-Akyra wrote:

Hi there! I'm making a skin but i have a little problem: the approach circle is the same for standard and taiko, but i want them to be different, one for taiko and one for standard. Is this possible?

No its not
hoji-

RockRoller wrote:

-Akyra wrote:

No its not

Okay, thanks!
ElectroBeast
Sup guys, I'm pretty new to skinning and recently I've began playing mania with YUGEN skin. How can I delete key-press highlighters?
hoji-

ElectroBeast wrote:

Sup guys, I'm pretty new to skinning and recently I've began playing mania with YUGEN skin. How can I delete key-press highlighters?

Just download this and it extract it in your skin folder.
conc1erge
Alright so, in my ranking panel, there's this very small gap here between the top bar and the ranking panel, I already used the right res for the said panel.

https://guest173661.sxcu.net/dM4ZVa.png
smals
I want to change the 100, 50, and miss images on a skin but there's more than one of them listed under different names. Can I delete the duplicates and just replace it with one image? Or should I replace it on all of them?
Denco0p
Well, it is really interesting
Hina_GBP

Soybean- wrote:

I want to change the 100, 50, and miss images on a skin but there's more than one of them listed under different names. Can I delete the duplicates and just replace it with one image? Or should I replace it on all of them?
there are multiple of each because it's animated. if you want to replace it, you can replace with 1 image to make it static.
_Sirin_
Hi guys, I have a question about ranking letters. Is it possible to have multiple files for the same ranking letter? For example, let's say I get B rank on the map, is it possible to have 3 different versions of the ranking-b file, so I can randomly get 1 of 3 different pictures of it in the game?
xxdinorabbitxx

WOW_Glimmer wrote:

Hi guys, I have a question about ranking letters. Is it possible to have multiple files for the same ranking letter? For example, let's say I get B rank on the map, is it possible to have 3 different versions of the ranking-b file, so I can randomly get 1 of 3 different pictures of it in the game?

no
show more