THE BEAT GARDEN - Walk This Way

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
VINXIS
everything changed except rizias diff AND
top diff
fixed first 2 in kenchos mod but not the latter 2, they are fine to play and are cool as well with the anti-emphasis meme
Topic Starter
VINXIS
rizia diff also fixed
Topic Starter
VINXIS
wher is Kencho,m,,,
Topic Starter
VINXIS
quadruple post
Realazy
quintuple post

modded on irc, changed top diff settings and a few pattern arrangements in another
Topic Starter
VINXIS
can kencho qual Lol
Pachiru
Where is the super beginner? I can't play over 0.90* so I don't know why this map should be ranked. Please think about new players before always thinking about your PP. I'm losing faith in humanity while being in this community, I always feel like weaks are left behind. I'm very disgusted wow. Welcome to 2018, not the year of the dog, but the year of the firetrucking PP and bulldog maps.
Topic Starter
VINXIS
ah Fuck!
- Frontier -
bold = highly suggested
you could actually tick off widescreen support since it doesn't affect the video.

[Beginner]
  1. 00:53:830 (1) - i don't think this hitobject is needed since you have put a break all of this part except 00:53:830 (1) -. I understand that this is to emphasize the uttering vocal sound at here. But mapping only this part here doesn't really make sense for me.
  2. 01:14:519 (2,3,1) - As I played this particular spot for multiple times, I think these hitobjects are pretty hard to read for newbie players since the sliders 01:14:519 (2,1) - are overlapped to each other. Keep in mind that this difficulty is Beginner difficulty, that means the hitobjects' pattern in the difficulty must be easy and clear to understand and play to. These overlap-patterned sliders are too ambiguous to play for newbie players. So I'd recommend you to change it.
[Cheesecake's Easy]
  1. 00:01:416 (1) - I think this hitobject isn't needed to add new combo. As I looked the new combo pattern for the following hitobjects for several times, I noticed that you will add a new combo every 8/1 measures. So adding new combo to this hitobject 00:01:416 (1) - breaks the new combo pattern here. So you might be better to remove a new combo here away, for consistency thorough your difficulty.
[Basic]
  1. 00:05:554 (1) - This spinner is kinda questionable. There isn't any crescendo or decrescendo sound here to use the spinner for this part here, unlike the spinner 00:08:312 (1) - which represent the crescendo sound there. And using spinner in this part doesn't really give much feedback to players. So I'd recommend you to use some sliders instead of using a spinner here.
  2. 01:10:726 (2,3,4,1,2,3) - These consecutive hitobjects are kinda unacceptable for me. Keep in mind that this difficulty is Basic difficulty, you should make the hitobjects easier than Normal difficulty. So try to avoid long chains of hit objects with 1/2 gaps here, maybe by changing the slider 01:11:416 (4) - to a circle?
[Hyper]
  1. 00:00:037 (1,2,1,2) - compared these spacing to the spacing of hitobjects which have the same 1/2-beat gap long between each hitobjects, you could clearly notice that the spacing of these hitobjects is unreasonably too high. I'd recommend you to reduce the spacing here.
  2. 00:26:071 (1,2) - This visual spacing between these hitobjects is kinda the same as the spacing of hitobjects which have 1/2-beat gap long between each hitobjects. This could make players confused to play this part accurately, causing an unfair reading challenge for players to play. So I'd recommend to move the hitobject 00:26:761 (2) - away. As same as 00:24:174 (3,4) - and the rest of your map.
[wkyik's Hard]
  1. 00:30:209 - there is "れ" sound here, so might be better to change the hitobject 00:30:037 (5) - from hitcircle to a 1/2-beat long slider to emphasize the vocal sound here.
The rest seems fine to me.
Addressed all mods first and I'll consider if I would nominate or not.
Actually, you could ask Kencho to qualify for you, his mod seems to imply that. -_
Topic Starter
VINXIS
all mods r adressed tho i think
also kencho is dead which is y i also asked realazy to bubble XDDD

fixed everything except widescreen cuz who carez and the rizia thing,, i think it plays much better as current that ur suggestion does for the diff
- Frontier -
oko
Topic Starter
VINXIS
oko
iYiyo
Hi! You got a nice set here, but sadly I reported this so it gets DQ'ed as soon as possible because of following reasons:

1. Right now Beginner diff has zero hitsounds, so it's actually breaking a rule as it isn't giving any feedback to the players, specially for new ones here.
  2. On Basic diff you gave 0 feedback on 00:33:140 - this particular section which is pretty strong on the music, it's basically a kiai, and although it's mapped with purely long slider, it still needs to have some hitsounds, just like the whistles from 01:06:243 -
Topic Starter
VINXIS
completely disagree on 2nd point, just because i map it with long sliders deosnt mean its 0 feedback?? >: / maybe u think of it as a kiai, but i decided to map to the legnthy vocals because it felt like it fit the progression of difficulty better for this diff not sure how long sliders = less feedback when we have clear examples of it being true otherwise even in this set (the insane diff)

first is real shit tho fuuk woopz forgot to copy hs
iYiyo
About the 2nd point. I meant 0 feedback in terms of hitsounds, srry for the misunderstanding, sliders are fine xp
Topic Starter
VINXIS
O ok Lol
Myxo
I might as well only disqualify VINXIS maps from now on xD (add hitsounds to Beginner pls)
- Frontier -
o god im too careless to become a bn :o
Topic Starter
VINXIS
OK DONE
Realazy
OK REBUB
- Frontier -
OK REQUAL