forum

Taiko Rules and Guidelines Discussion Thread (translated)

posted
Total Posts
show more
lepidopodus
@^: But we abolished that 999 rule with our own hands in previous 'agreement'. Hey and after that, Namco abolished that rule too, lol.

@Backfire: It is fine to have your own opinion, but justifying these like 'it is authentic!', hmm... Might work with some Taiko guys, but not in the official discussion thread. So find your own reasonings, please.
Backfire
Authenticity?
Seriously, I gotta tell you, my maps are very un-authentic. They play nothing like TnT shit. I dont care about how authentic it is, just if it plays, looks, sounds good. With the rules I have set in my mind, I can consistently get quality out of my taiko maps (IMO), which includes not using 1/8, low SV, finishes in the middle of streams and etc.
999 is only for novelty now, and should only be considered as such, plus they dont even do that anymore :v
Sakura
So as far as i can see:
Soft-sampleset is banned from Taiko until mm201 fixes whatever it needs to be fixed and it's in public build.

Hp gain is based off hit object density, so hp drain should be reduced when maps are longer and have more notes otherwise you might fail with 1 miss after say... 200 perfect combo.

Big notes, dont make really much sense to be put in middle of the streams for reasons to be, mapping to a different instrument in middle of the stream, it's like putting a hitobject on osu! for every sound of every instrument that you hear within the song, show me any song that has enphasis on the same instrument doing the stream and i may agree to it being a special case, and EVEN THEN, those songs are really rare enough to be considered only on a case by case basis.
Dragvon

OnosakiHito wrote:

~Discussions~
- including reasonable hitobject-placement?
I'll just throw my opinion on these.

Maybe we could divide the playfield placing notes under each snap division, in a specific area? I mean, some maps just throw them all in random places, and when we need to pick a certain note in the mid of that 1/6 hell, we end up missclicking and raging at the timeline.

So uh... I've made some "guidelines"(?) to what it could like to make it more "mod-friendly"

This would allow an easier hitsounding and visibility imo. Meh....
mm201
Leaving beat snap on should be good enough. No need for an unwritten convention most modders will be unaware of.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
~Information~

Please take the rules in the first post as starting point for your suggestion/opinion/critic.
To avoid repeating rules or points which have been allready written down/discussed(or still discussed) please watch first trough the first and second post of this thread.

~Discussions~~Update~
- Opinions for the rules
- Exact limit for finishes needed(take the rules in the first post as starting point)
- should be monoton streams with hitfinish(kkkkK/ddddD) be banned?
- dropping Hp Drain based off the length of the song
- including reasonable hitobject-placement?
- reccomendation to use claps, not whistles for kat
ziin

Dragvon wrote:

So uh... I've made some "guidelines"(?) to what it could like to make it more "mod-friendly"
I would greatly prefer the ability to change the playback rate of gameplay while testing the map. This would prove infinitely more useful than any "convention" for modders. Modders need to be looking directly at the gameplay to be able to make suggestions.
mm201
ddddD should be considered equivalent to DD. Doubles aren't as hard as triples or longer.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Purple bolded suggestions will be added/edit in the first post.

lepidopodus wrote:

Difficulty Settings and Song Setup
OD 5-7 for Onis, but easier ones can have lower OD.
As sakura hana stated, it's better to lower HP drain when you are making long maps cause filling HP bar depends on the length but draining HP bar isn't depends on the length so it is much harder to fill HP bar in long maps.
Circle size affects star rating of difficulty, so you might want to adjust that with circle size.
OnosakiHito: I should mentione that easier one can have lower OD.
About the circle size > Well, if we would know how the star system works... orz

Countdown
Personally I think countdown isn't that suit for Taiko.

Slider Velocity
Standard SV is 1.4 for every situation. Adjusting it is optional. I don't think 1.6 is a recommendation.
Don't need to regulate SV, I guess. But we can state when adjusting SV is better, like current statement.
Maps with BPM change can use fixed SV. (Speed of notes never changes even with BPM change. You can apply this to your map via custom SV settings for every uninherited timing sections.)
OnosakiHito: Yeah 1.60 is just good for slower BPM(Note: Visual aspect is importand).

Finish Notes
Don't make these notes cover another notes. But we now can weaken big notes restrictions by allowing them in the end of the streams, like current rule suggestion by Ono.

Note Streams
This depends on songs. If the song has 1/4, use 1/4. If it has 1/3, use 1/3. But 1/8 isn't recommended.

Kiai time
Yeah I agree with Ono about this thing.

Drumrolls(Sliders)
Putting ordinary note 1/4 before drumroll is OK.
'Don't use sliders for 125 BPM songs or lower...'? Thinking about how was original drumroll is, we don't need to regulate using drumrolls in low BPM.
OnosakiHito: So we let the mapper decide in this case?

Spinner
Depending on songs, using this in row is OK. Don't need to state like 'Do not put more than 2 spinners in a row', it is just 'not recommended', not prohibited or something.
And yeah, short spinner spam is bad.
OnosakiHito: I agree.

BPM Changes
Example in 1st page, well, that is kinda special thing. Don't use it with complex streams please.
You can use drumrolls or spinners to avoid overlapping notes.
OnosakiHito: I agree.

Breaks
No need to remove that artificially cause it's annoying. Breaks might be ok with really long songs.

Rest Moments
Yeah sometimes players need short rest.

Custom Hitbursts
This can be really annoying if mapper use wrong hitburst. Fortunatly we don't experience these kind of problems these days.

Custom Hitsounds
Volume can be changed if the song get loud or silent or somthing.
Should be audible of course, that is why I don't like soft hitsound. In Taiko skin, soft hitsound is too hard to hear. But we still have default skin or others. Need more talk about this, I guess.
lepidopodus

Onosakihito wrote:

So we let the mapper decide in this case?
In my opinion, yes, we don't need to regulate that. If it spammed, everyone will notice so no need to worry about this.
Originally drumroll was 'hit as much as you want'. It is changed like current ones cause some guys using bad ways to achieve more score via this. (Yeah wmfchris stated about this already.) That is why I said 'Considering original meaning of drum rolls blahblahblah'.
Love
Well, inb4 retarded maps and other crap cause Ono wanted to feel special and change things. Rokodo's guidelines were and always will be perfect.
Sander-Don

Love wrote:

Rokodo's guidelines were and always will be perfect.
OzzyOzrock
Oh, I see the DIS OSU! NOT TAIKO OI OI OI wave has already arrived... to be expected.

BACKFIRE'S RULEZ R DA BEST~!~~! (SRS) (Seriously)
ziin

Love wrote:

Well, inb4 retarded maps and other crap cause Ono wanted to feel special and change things. Rokodo's guidelines were and always will be perfect.
except for 7 OD right?
HakuNoKaemi
This could be unuseful.

Won't it be better to say "Rules, Guidelines and Information" in front of "Rules", as, from what I see, It's a mixup of those.
You have some typo here:
- The generel use must be ,,Normal", not ,,soft" because the option ,,soft" makes the hitcircles too quite.
corrected to:
- The hitsounds set you use must be the Normal, not the Soft one, because Soft make the hitsounds too quiet
This was the most visible (ask someone better in English than me a general correction of the grammar (maybe of the terms too))

Breaks
Break sections are not allowed and should be artificially removed from .osu.
Exeptions: A song has a short empty period of time or the song it self is pretty long.
I would say that it's actually better not allowing them on song shorter than like 2 minutes, avoiding them with less than 3 minutes, and suggesting them on song longer than 5.

Breaks
Break sections are not allowed in songs that are shorter than 120 seconds, and should be avoided of the song is less than 180 seconds long. Neverthless, is suggested to have a some breaks on longer song(like from 300 seconds or so).
Love

ziin wrote:

Love wrote:

except for 7 OD right?
Yup.
mm201
Unlocked. Please show respect to each other or the topic will need to be closed for good.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Thank you mm201.
wmfchris
spboxer3 reminded me this one:

Video
Video should not be put in the taiko diff because it's partially covered by the taiko bar.
any opinions about this? :3
Zekira
I still don't see the harm in including the video. It's not like you're actually watching the video while playing anyway. You just lose the passive indirect visual appeal if you remove the video... :/
Good mappers would actually make an effort to make a video Taiko-ready but that would be kind of a waste of space
Zekira

Love wrote:

ziin wrote:

except for 7 OD right?
Yup.
What. It should be generally 8OD or 7OD. The perfect OD is actually 7.5 but we don't have that here
lepidopodus
I don't care about video. No harm, I guess.

@Zekira: Unfortunatly, consensus does not support OD over 7 yet.
ziin
I won't push this at all, because I already know the answer from the consensus and the gist of what they will say, but OD is there to make the map harder. No matter the way you put it, the scores will always be fair, and the likelihood of an SS just goes down, making it that much harder to tie.

As far as video goes, there is a toggle for that. You shouldn't remove something that is easily, easily removed with absolutely no penalty whatsoever and no effect on gameplay other than a minor distraction to those who consider it a distraction.

btw, OD5 is 100 ms range, OD7 is 76 ms, OD8 is 64 ms.
lepidopodus
@^:
The most used and recommended lvl's here are: OD/HP 5~7
We didn't restricted this at all. I guess I said that this rules also function as guideline? Note density of Taiko maps are usually higher than osu standard, too high OD can be quite annoying cause it increases possibility to get combo break even more than you think. We felt quite uncomfortable, so we stated that. Some newbie mappers do this mistake(usually because they just think concept of OD same as it from osu standard), so we made recommendations. Is that THAT big problem? (Again, If player don't want to place these kind of restrictions anymore, WE Taiko men will abolish them, not by others. Since it is recommendation, if mappers start to prefer higher OD than that, all we have to do is identify our consensus then update it.)
Furthermore We prefer various hard patterns/streams made of don/kat combination of notes rather than raising OD when we are making hard Taiko maps. I guess I can say that concept of 'hard map' itself is a bit different. (Of course there is overlapping features but preferred style is completely different.)
So would you stop reflecting your experiences from being osu standard mapper into here?
Or you just want to throw flame here, huh?

About Video, I don't want to remove that from maps completely, but actually lots of Taiko mappers tend to exclude video from their map. Our consensus about that matter is not so certain right now, so we are talking about it. I don't think we end up restricting this, but if lots of guys seriously want that, we may think about it.
Videos in Taiko map can be a bit distracting cause we need to distinguish color of notes in order to play Taiko properly. Even with dark rail of notes, some guys still think that videos are too distracting when playing Taiko. I personally don't agree with those ideas though. (As you said we can simply turn off videos by setting no video options, yes.)

p.s.: If you say that cause Zekira prefer higher OD than now but I said I prefer lower ones, you should know this: he just like higher OD cause he thinks it is easy too get 良(equivalent to 300 in osu standard gameplay) in here than Taiko no Tatsujin. Yeah he is talking about it based on authentic features. Zekira is one of die-hard supporters of Taiko no Tatsujin authentic style of playing/mapping.
(Whoops, I'm not criticizing you, Zek. I just give some explanation about this. We already talked about that OD things in aquabluu's thread before, right?)

EDIT:
Maybe it would be better to state clearly that using bad custom hitburst is bad. (For example, using hitburst from osu standard skin. Lots of them hides judgement circle(...uh, what is exact name of this?), and doesn't even match to Taiko score system. (osu standard: 300/100/50, Taiko: 300/150)
Though it isn't really needed cause nobody is doing that these days.

EDI2:
Maybe we can increase OD recommendation upto 8 if Zekira want it that seriously, but I guess we should find more supporters of him. (Except that ziin guy.)
MMzz

lepidopodus wrote:

EDIT:
Maybe it would be better to state clearly that using bad custom hitburst is bad. (For example, using hitburst from osu standard skin. Lots of them hides judgement circle(...uh, what is exact name of this?), and doesn't even match to Taiko score system. (osu standard: 300/100/50, Taiko: 300/150)
Though it isn't really needed cause nobody is doing that these days.
Well recently i've been useing a transparent hitburst for taiko (Just like most players do with osu! so they only see when they hit a 100), the regular one is annoying on stream maps and such. And cuts down on all the flashy stuff.
wmfchris
In general the difficulty of taiko diffs depends on pattern difficulties and slider velocity, so if it's really necessary to add extra difficulty based on maps produced, OD8 is sometimes acceptable and considered as exceptional case.
kanpakyin

wmfchris wrote:

In general the difficulty of taiko diffs depends on pattern difficulties and slider velocity, so if it's really necessary to add extra difficulty based on maps produced, OD8 is sometimes acceptable and considered as exceptional case.
Agree,in some case,OD8 works quite well
mm201
@lepi: "You play standard so your argument is invalid" is faulty logic, just so you know. I think it's worse than citing authenticity.
lepidopodus
@^: Didn't I say WHY that is invalid? At least I wasn't like "it is in osu standard --> it is bad --> so, no", like you said.

Ok let's see previous argument for an example. I admit that I was a bit aggressive tone but the essential is this: "We do not prefer to raise OD to make Taiko map hard. Instead, we are using different ways. So we set certain recommendation in OD to make mappers not abusing this. Your idea is based on experiences in osu standard, so it does not always suit in Taiko."

Whenever I told about differences I always told you guys what exactly is different and how/why it is different, not like "it is different, so no". If I really argue like THAT simple logic you said, my posts had no need to be that long, seriously. If you criticized my attitude I might not be this mad but logic? meh.

ziin criticized some of our basic rules with misunderstandings, and I thought that is due to his lack of experiences as Taiko players, so I said like that. I swear that I didn't explain like the way you said.
(I might be too sensitive about being intervened by osu standard guys, but this is also based on my experiences. osu standard players/mappers generally lack Taiko experience so even I explained about some different features in Taiko several times they end up ignore that, unless I shout like this. *sigh*)

I personally think this is an insult cause you ignored every basis of statement that I've made via miss-simplified it to stupid logic. (Seriously, even if those statements are a bit jerk but you can't deny all my effort like this. I know, I was aggressive, but did I merely attack someone without any reasons or try to have some logical basis? Meeeh, think whatever you want.) I just can't discuss about the matter anymore like this, so I'll just sit and watch for a while. Have fun.

I guess I'll be banned soon cause I'm against high-ranking guys again, so I guess I need to nominate successors of my current work, lol.
Backfire
I thought it was stupid to use high OD, since like, 25% of the lane is cut off on osu!taiko. Seriously, do you just want to make it even more handicapped for us?

OD5 is a trade off. We get less lane, bigger hit box.
ziin
(when I said I won't push this at all, I meant it).

I agree 100% that it's better to make the map harder through other means than changing OD. I just don't think that an increased OD ruins the play experience, which is why a recommendation of as close to 5 as possible as a guideline would be excellent.

Also, my ideas are based on many rhythm games, not just osu standard. Thank you lepidopodus for explaining things for me, it really helps and you do a good job.

MMzz wrote:

Well recently i've been useing a transparent hitburst for taiko (Just like most players do with osu! so they only see when they hit a 100), the regular one is annoying on stream maps and such. And cuts down on all the flashy stuff.
Doing this, removing video, and/or denying storyboards is completely against what peppy wants for osu! (in general). While I agree with you that it makes things easier, this should be a personal and conscious choice of the player to do so. Taiko is already fully skinnable on any map (unless the toggle doesn't work for beatmap specific skins which have taiko components in them?). Since custom skins are skinnable, videos are always removable, and 99% of the time taiko SBs don't work well and are removed in the modding process (or the author doesn't want a storyboard) with the other 1% being a well made storyboard custom fit for taiko, I strongly recommend you keep the rules as simple as possible and don't make rules about pointless stuff that doesn't matter.

Backfire wrote:

I thought it was stupid to use high OD, since like, 25% of the lane is cut off on osu!taiko. Seriously, do you just want to make it even more handicapped for us?
In linear rhythm games, there is a trick to make the game easier. It is called screen shrinking, which cuts off some of the notes which lets you see less notes on the screen at the same time. All you have to do is make the window smaller, or cover up the window with something, for example, the side of the screen. Effectively this increases the notes' rate of approach, making the game overall easier. Having a 25% longer lane would be very similar to slowing the slider speed down 25%.
Loctav
Come on, this Overall Difficulty discussion is so meaningless. If it doesn't fit to a map, you can mention it in the modpost. Just setup the guideline, that the overall difficulty should match the difficulty of the song (so if you use high BPM patterns and streams you can't expect an average advanced player to hit within a small window OD8 may provide)

We don't setup the rules to skip the modding. If you think, the OD doesn't fit, mention it in a modpost. And stop crying about the OD, since OD in osu!standard plays pretty different on Taiko (own experience, when I can SS some songs on high OD on standard easily, I can't in Taiko)

And lepi-dono. You don't need to feel insulted. But as far as I see this is going to end in a harsh opinion exchange and less in a well-done discussion with constructive suggestions with a resulting conclusion to which we can agree to.

Stop heating up this stuff or else mm will close this again. Thanks.
wmfchris
@ziin : get your point so video can be kept for player's fun~

99% of the time taiko SBs don't work well
that reminds me http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31395 a well made taiko SB
Well except ^ I can't recall any other taiko SB except those name tag SB.

maybe we can say that "taiko SB should not be on the taiko bar cause it's useless and distracts players?"
ziin
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27509 this is another good taiko SB (and if you hate it you probably hate authentic taiko).

I haven't seen many taiko SBs. I wanted to make ono's taiko in pulse have a storyboard, but he expressed his distaste towards SBs, which is something we have to respect when it comes to a mapper. In the same token, we have to respect when a mapper wants as storyboard.
Luna
Just wanted to throw in that osu! Taiko diffs are often longer than TnT originals and contain more complicated patterns, so lower OD makes sense. They also only contain circles (balloon notes and drum rolls don't affect accuracy), so you won't get any "free 300s" like sliders and spinners in Standard osu!
Also, mods. If Taiko maps all had higher OD, Hard Rock would be extremely difficult to play; OD 7 with HR is equal to OD 9.8, and getting an S on a circle-only map consisting mostly of complicated streams is really hard (Even in Standard osu! where you have sliders and spinners, high accuracies with OD 9.8/10 are rare). DT increases the effective OD as well.

Just a few thoughts why a recommendation of an OD around 5 makes sense IMO
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Dragvon
Previous: viewtopic.php?p=1278235#p1278235
I would suggest another way of spacing:
HakuNoKaemi

HakuNoKaemi wrote:

This could be unuseful.

Won't it be better to say "Rules, Guidelines and Information" in front of "Rules", as, from what I see, It's a mixup of those.
OnosakiHito: Mainly they are rules, and informations are for mainly clarify why some of the rules are taken while Guidelines/Recommendations are just for a few caes(atm jus one). Calling them a mix could be not taken serious by people, maybe?

(...)

Breaks
Break sections are not allowed and should be artificially removed from .osu.
Exeptions: A song has a short empty period of time or the song it self is pretty long.
I would say that it's actually better not allowing them on song shorter than like 2 minutes, avoiding them with less than 3 minutes, and suggesting them on song longer than 5.

Breaks
Break sections are not allowed in songs that are shorter than 120 seconds, and should be avoided of the song is less than 180 seconds long. Neverthless, is suggested to have a some breaks on longer song(like from 300 seconds or so).
OnosakiHito: I had the same though, but it is meanless to make a strict time in this case because every song is different, what means it could probably happen that in a 2min song allready 3 of these 'no-sound-sections' appear. So I would say the exeption is enough here.
ziin

ziin wrote:

I just don't think that an increased OD ruins the play experience, which is why a recommendation of as close to 5 as possible as a guideline would be excellent.
OnosakiHito: I agree. I could metione somthing like this to make it more understandable. Probably I should bold the ,,recommended", too.
All in one, it seams like everyone has a spreaded opinion about this, but the rule I wrote down is connecting everyones opinion together.
So lets leave it for now how it is, except of the change I want to take you have mentioned before, ziin.
wmfchris

wmfchris wrote:

Video
Video should not be put in the taiko diff because it's partially covered by the taiko bar.
OnosakiHito: lepidopodus mentioned it allready, people can use ,,no-video" in this case, so maybe letting this in the hand of mapper itself is enough?
ziin & at all
SB's:

ziin wrote:

I wanted to make ono's taiko in pulse have a storyboard, but he expressed his distaste towards SBs, which is something we have to respect when it comes to a mapper. In the same token, we have to respect when a mapper wants as storyboard.
OnosakiHito: Thought about the SB too, and I got also the same opinion in mind, to let mapper choose this.

But maybe some restirctions should be taken? I can tell you why:
Pulse - as you say - was a really nice SB, but it was pretty meanless to keep it because the scrollbar(where the notes appear) has overlay the SB so it was mostly not seeable. In this case my opinion is that Taiko players should delete such SB's in the diff. because it makes not the SB but lags visible(lol).

To be more accurate: osu! SB's which are not really visible because of the scrollbar or are way too interupting for gameplay(e.g. flashes) are not recommended because of a higher chance to get a lag for something which is meanless in the Taiko diff. itself(The osu! SB has no relation to the Taiko diff.). Making an own Taiko-SB which appears mostly at the bottom of the playfild is more recommended.
Example: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/27677 (just on the bottom)
Example2: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40077 (on the whole play fild, without flashes)
(Sorry, I can just take my diff's as example, 'cause I dunno others orz)

not approved
I mentioned it in my deleted post before, but I will do it gladly again(personaly I want to see this as rule, you will understand why):

Taiko guest diffs
It is not allowed to replace another mappers Taiko guest diff. with his own, without contacting and discuss/talk about this with him personally.
I don't want to show examples here, but it happened allready. Severel times now(and I'm really angry about this). The newest case isn't even a week old.

It is obviously that we don't want to let - I will say - low qualitative Taiko diffs getting ranked. That's why we are trying to mod them. But replacing a diff. of a newcomer with his own diff. because of the allegedly though the diff. is bad is wrong and should be not tolarated.
1. osu!-mapper which are interested in taiko are getting in panic
2. It dosen't help the mapper-"victim", rather it stops him from continue mapping
3. It makes the mapper community smaller or just didn't let it rise up

About this, I really would like to hear some opinions from you.

Then I have another rule or probably more like a recommendation...?

Taiko lvl's in a Project
Try to avoid making for a project, which have allready a Taiko diff. in it, the same diff. lvl like the previous one. Rather make an easier or if the song allowes an hard one.
I love this to be honest.
Sometimes I see how severel Taiko mappers are interested into a project, how they got all the permission to make a guest diff. and how all of them made an hard Taiko Oni or a pretty similiar one.
In my eyes such prospects should be taken and used!
1. Instead that all mappers are making an Oni, they could talk together about it and decide who is making an Oni, Muzukashii and etc..
2. Instead adding an second similiar diff., the mapper should concider what would be better -> Making a harder or easier diff..
3. If the prospects of adding more diffs by his own is given, the choosen mapper should make by his own an Easy and Hard Taiko diff..

I saw this rarely that such cases happened, rather I'm doing this as only one in the whole community(online based, not offline).

To 1., such cases shouldn't really happen: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/29454 - all maps are hard based.
To 2., http://osu.ppy.sh/s/37305 - lepidopodus made an Oni allready, so I decided to make a Muzukashii. Or in this case, I decided to make a harder diff. as the previous one: http://osu.ppy.sh/s/28705
To 3., http://osu.ppy.sh/s/20898 (Muzu+Oni); http://osu.ppy.sh/s/32883 (Oni+Taikosaki); http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40873 (Muzu+Oni+Taikosaki(comming))

This can be also take in relation with the rule Taiko guest diffs, instead of replacing a diff. just making another one.
Backfire
Sorry about my previous "behavior"

Ono, a "rule" to let a mapper change his taiko map should be examined on a case to case basis, not an overall thing.
Why I say this is because sometimes it may be appropriate to replace if the mapper is gone, or if the mapper refuses to make some changes or reason with the one who wants to replace. It's not that I disagree that these things SHOULDN'T happen, but they do, and we can't do much because it's the mappers choice.
Love

OnosakiHito wrote:

Taiko guest diffs
It is not allowed to replace another mappers Taiko guest diff. with his own, without contacting and discuss/talk about this with him personally.
I don't want to show examples here, but it happened allready. Severel times now(and I'm really angry about this). The newest case isn't even a week old.
This makes me wonder, [...] . It's a guest diff, which means it's up to the mapset organizer on whether to change it or not. Herp.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
@Backfire: I agree.

But:

Why I say this is because sometimes it may be appropriate to replace if...
...the mapper is gone, or if... - this is a special case. It is obviously that a project leader may delete his diff. and take another one.
the mapper refuses to make some changes or... - sure, but deciding it alone...? http://osu.ppy.sh/s/31419 - In this case(okay collab) all collab members have been asked what they think about one weird part and also other modders and players too. In a group it has been decided.
...reason with the one who wants to replace. - one... that's too less.

My point is more about the rush somone is doing because of a diff..
Isn't it also enough to suggest someone to remap it and give reasons why, instead just to say for example ,,overmapped!/terrible!/..."?
If the one don't want to remap it, other people can be asked for this case and also the Taiko-mapper itself.
ziin
It's incredibly rude to change a guest mapper's difficulty without permission or to remove the guest difficulty without notifying them first.

being rude =/= rule.

OnosakiHito wrote:

Pulse - as you say - was a really nice SB, but it was pretty meanless to keep it because the scrollbar(where the notes appear) has overlay the SB so it was mostly not seeable.
In the case of pulse, I was going to move it down so it wasn't obstructed by the taiko bar, which wouldn't have been hard to do at all.
show more