Global Moderator
3,953 posts
    General

• This thread complies useful and updated information about mapping or modding for the sake of convenience of the users.
  • Please make good use of CTRL+F.
  • If you could not find any threads regarding to your inquires and your question does not appear in this thread, feel free to post in this sub-forum.
  • You may want to have your or any other guides you find helpful to be listed here, just post and the Team will have a close examination on it.
  • Have fun with mapping / modding.
  • Old guide compendium could be found here.

Guidelines for Mapping

Guidelines

Information / osu! Wiki

Resources
Resources

Last edited by IamKwaN on , edited 1 time in total.
Global Moderator
3,953 posts
I guess I miss a lot of useful and updated guides out there.
Please let me know if you have them, no matter they are on the forum or not.
Rhythm Incarnate
690 posts
Could I get links to the guides in the old guide compendium? It seems only moderators have access to it while normal users like myself don't. I do think this new one is more up to date but I feel some of the guides in the older one which aren't included in this one were more friendly to beginners.
Global Moderator
3,953 posts
Which one specifically? I have already included all those which are up-to-dates in this compendium.
Rhythm Incarnate
690 posts
Ehh... Can't remember, there were a few under basic guides and timing
Global Moderator
3,953 posts
Ok, I bring it back and put the link under the General session. Hope I have resolved your issue.
Rhythm Incarnate
690 posts
Beat Clicker
50 posts
What does Ctrl+F do? Does not do anything for me.
Global Moderator
3,953 posts
It is a shortcut for searching keywords in a webpage.
Beat Clicker
50 posts
Tempo Trainee
11 posts
I dont know if its only me but beatmapping is extremely hard for a beginner all these dont help at all.All the beatmappers play this game very long time and new players (1-2years) dont make beatmaps and if that happens is extremely rare.Its not by chance that almost noone makes beatmaps.The procedure is long and hard.
Rhythm Incarnate
690 posts
Cute Panther wrote:
I dont know if its only me but beatmapping is extremely hard for a beginner all these dont help at all.All the beatmappers play this game very long time and new players (1-2years) dont make beatmaps and if that happens is extremely rare.Its not by chance that almost noone makes beatmaps.The procedure is long and hard.

I started mapping seriously 1 year after I Arrived. Many other mappers who are much better than me started mapping even sooner than that. However after a quick inspection of your profile I've found that you haven't even been playing this game for a month. While you can try to beatmap now I'd advise just trying to get better at the game first. Beatmapping isn't the least bit difficult, in fact it's quite easy once you know what you're doing. You just find it difficult because you don't know what to do. You should first find out what to do but you can't do that if you barely have any experience playing. Also from your post I get the impression that you didn't even bother to read the guides properly.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,856 posts
Would probably be legitimate to add
t/152263
t/439430
t/195803
t/449353
t/175120
Added.
Rhythm Incarnate
3,856 posts
No clue how I forgot about this:
https://osu.ppy.sh/b/524468&m=0
Added, thank you!
Beatmap Nominator
5,460 posts
t/465718

t/482554

:)
Added!
Reply 27 posts jump | 1, 2  next