I can't submit my own beatmap!
Please do not use this to steal other people's maps!
If it won't let you submit your own beatmap as it says that you don't own the map then do the following;
- Go to the mapset's folder. You can get there easily by going to 'File' -> 'Open Song Folder' in the editor.
- Leave the editor (or close osu!) to make sure the changes apply properly.
- Open the .osu difficulty files with any text editor. (Such as Wordpad or Notepad.)
- Enter your name as creator. (If your name has spaces, these should actually be spaces in here.)
- Set the BeatmapID to 0.
- Set the BeatmapSetID to -1.
- Make sure the beatmap folder name aswell as the .mp3 file does not start with a string of numbers.
- Delete the file(s) in the SubmissionCache folder in the osu! installation folder.
- Open osu! again and try to upload your beatmap.
- If you're still having issues export the beatmap and delete it from osu! (and make sure the game recognised that it's deleted). Then close osu! and rename the exported beatmap from name.osz to name.zip (you will need known file extensions to be visible from the windows folder options to do this) and apply the changes mentioned in the previous steps. Once you're done and you updated the .zip file with your changes, rename it back to .osz and import it into osu!.