forum

SHITPOST THREAD

posted
Total Posts
show more
Nuuskamuikkunen

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Been a long time since I've seen spaghetti portals, OT Cowboy on the run, artist skeleboi, John's anime rants, a certain vulpix, a Norwegian gentlemanly penguin, a Philippino lemon, a Canadian euphonium enthusiast, a Vietnamese teletubby, a puzzling journalist, and so many more.

OT is still as retarded as ever, but where are those who share the memory?
Tad, stop cutting onions.
z0z

Cerno wrote:

yah shit where’s coldtooth and sam
moved on maybe?
Karmine
You're old, we need some space for a new gen :P
Stomiks
Feels weird calling them old since some of them are still teenagers
Karmine

Stomiks wrote:

I know, but they're old in OT years
abraker

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I'm ancient by that scale
Karmine

abraker wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

You were here before everyone else, kinda like the great-grandpa of OT.
When other oldies come by it's like a vision from the past.
Tad Fibonacci

Karmine wrote:

abraker wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I wouldn't say 'everyone else'.
Manishh
What is the average year for OT! User when he is not a newfag anymore
Karmine

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Karmine wrote:

abraker wrote:

Karmine wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

I wouldn't say 'everyone else'.
I mean among those who are still active, aside from silmarilen dropping by from time to tim
MrMcMikey22
wait wtf how did I not post stuff in this thread for like more than a month?
Karmine

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

wait wtf how did I not post stuff in this thread for like more than a month?
You shitpost everywhere else instead XD
Hanyuu-
s
Corne2Plum3
t
Nikolai
Stomiks
goodbye
Karmine
hello
Nuuskamuikkunen
I walk away
WitherMite
z0z

WitherMite wrote:

too much compression
Tad Fibonacci
Sometimes I wish Eph would just lock and archive OT. A quick death is probably better than a slow one.
OT is now a ghost of it's former self. Once abraker leaves, OT will go out with a whimper.
Polyspora

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Sometimes I wish Eph would just lock and archive OT. A quick death is probably better than a slow one.
OT is now a ghost of it's former self. Once abraker leaves, OT will go out with a whimper.
I think "OT is dying" is something that we are going to hear forever
Stomiks

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

I kind of agree to this. OT isn't really tight-knit anymore, and good threads are barely getting made anymore these days especially since that most new users in the forum don't make threads, let alone good ones.

imo, I think the problem is because new users here are strangely getting younger. When you're young, you don't really take things seriously and don't put as much effort as an older person would. There's barely any drive for younger users to
seriously interact with OT and just as a chat forum and views it as a way to kill time.

But I do have hope that it'll get better. Just gonna stick around for a while until I absolutely have no more drive to post in OT.
Cerno
im honestly considering to ditch ot very soon, but at the same time i dont really want to, cuz im pretty much one of the few active denizens left in gen 8. the recent decline in quality of threads absolutely demotivates me to even bother to check ot

now i wasnt here during the times when ot was thriving back when Tad, Penguin, Tee etc were still active, so i cant say much about my times here compared to theirs

but imo, with the creation of Game Nights during quarantine by Danny and later taken over by Calvin for a short period really brought a portion of this community together like never before, it has since deteriorated with pandemic/quarantine seizing and the lads getting busier

i would like to believe it would improve overtime even if i have left, but i think an experience such as otgn would never be toped again in the foreseeable future
Stomiks
Would be funny if Gen 9 gets named as the Garbage Generation. Speaking of which... when will I become an OT denizen? My 8 months is up and I wanna be the first dumbass to be in the 9th generation.
MrMcMikey22
no me
Cerno

Stomiks wrote:

Would be funny if Gen 9 gets named as the Garbage Generation. Speaking of which... when will I become an OT denizen? My 8 months is up and I wanna be the first dumbass to be in the 9th generation.
Soontm

dunno, but whenever the parliament decides to initiate it ig. So far the members qualified to be in gen 9th i can think of on the top of my head are u, Patatitta, Karmine, Hoosier and Scyla.

Cant tell if some of the ones i mentioned has met the 8 months requirement yet but at least it felt like it’s been 8 months
MrMcMikey22
oh...I am not in the 9th gen then....Maybe 10th? O_O
Corne2Plum3

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

Except if someone else manage to take his place when he will be gone
Karmine

Polyspora wrote:

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

There are posts from like 8 years ago saying OT is dying
z0z

Karmine wrote:

Polyspora wrote:

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

There are posts from like 8 years ago saying OT is dying
is ot dying because it's a version you don't remember or vibe with?
Nuuskamuikkunen
There are so many times that "OT is dying" has been said that it lost its meaning.

I've been in deader places.
igorsprite
OT isn't dying, it's just changing 🤔
Stomiks

igorsprite wrote:

Changing for the worst
B0ii
You think OT is dying? Wait until you see the Mafia sub-forum
igorsprite

Stomiks wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Changing for the worst
i don't think so

i mean, some years ago OT was nice, but today is just different
Nuuskamuikkunen

Stomiks wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Changing for the worst
Which, in OT terms, it should be good.
Cerno
abraker
OT has been dying at least once a year, and I have been here for around 6 years now. Come here and watch OT burn through layers of hell with me.

Cerno wrote:

the recent decline in quality of threads absolutely demotivates me to even bother to check ot
I'll give a shot to bring back the roleplay in the upcoming week. I don't expect it to remain however. The community was never capable of continuing it after I stopped making threads.

Cerno wrote:

but imo, with the creation of Game Nights during quarantine by Danny and later taken over by Calvin for a short period really brought a portion of this community together like never before, it has since deteriorated with pandemic/quarantine seizing and the lads getting busier
This one is interesting because this has nothing to do with the forums. It has always been about forum quality, but this is the first time it makes about community health.
Nuuskamuikkunen

abraker wrote:

Cerno wrote:

This one is interesting because this has nothing to do with the forums. It has always been about forum quality, but this is the first time it makes about community health.
Well, taking into account that many people joined when they were teens in highschool and now are entering university as adults, as well as who were already adults in uni a couple years ago, now have been working and dealing with irl issues, it was going to happen eventually.

As for re-releasing roleplay, that sounds cool.
show more