forum

OT! Mapping Contest (Osu!STD) [closed]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Polyspora

art made by Pentaqola

Welcome to the first off-topic mapping contest! the participants will be mapping osu!standard maps and competing for the podium, the contest will start when at least 7 people join in, anyone (with experience in mapping or not) can join and have some fun. The challenger can choose any song that is featured in osu!, take the one you feel more comfortable with and start doing your thing, if you make multiple diffs only the hardest one will be rated by the judges. Its important to remember that each judge has a preference and a opinion of what a good map is about, the details will be listed below.

Judge Polyspora
Dislikes: reading focused maps, pauses, slow sliders.

Judge Abraker
Likes: 4 star maps, and symbolic style mapping, reading, streams, and agility type maps.
Dislikes: easy jumps, sliders.

Judge Roshan117
Dislikes: pure jump maps, extreme diffspikes (especially at the end), anything above 210 bpm.

RULES TO PARTICIPATE:

1. At least 60% of the song needs to me mapped, 55% is tolerable but you may lose some points (the minimum draw time allowed is 1:30), any lower than this you'll be disqualified.

2. The star rating will be capped to 6.00 stars, the judges cant rate something they cant 
 play.
2.1 Judge Abraker will give 0 points to any map that goes above 5.00 stars

3. Your map BPM and timing needs to be correct for it to be approved.

4. If your map cant be downloaded, be it a glitch or some sketchy thing, you'll unfortunately, be disqualified.

5. Your beatmap page needs to identify that the map was made for this contest somewhere, be it the diff name or in the description of the map.

6. You can only use musics that are featured, any other will be denied.

7. The map needs to be uploaded to osu! official site.

8. Foul play will not be tolerated. This is a contest with rewards bearing actual value. Every contestant is expected to have a fair chance at winning. If you can't follow this, you will be mercelessly disqualified from this contest and probably from any other osu! contests as well.

9. If you send your map in the last hour of the event, expect the analysis to be a little 
rushed.

We are going to reward the top 3 players who made the highest score. follow the prizes for each winner:

First place: osu! merch + 4 months supporter

Second place: 2 months supporter

Third place: 1 month supporter

Judgement:
Your map will be rated by the judges, the minimum points you can earn is 0 and the maximum is 1000 (per judge), the results will be revealed as soon as the contest ends, take your time to make the best map you can.

You'll have 50 days (starting 03/09/2022 DD/MM/YY) to make your map.
GLHF!

SPECIAL THANKS to Abraker, Roshan117 and Pentaqola for helping me out in this project <3

DISCLAIMER: The merch item will be handed by me, I'll DM the winner so we can proceed to the shipment information step. The supporter tag will be given by Roshan117.
WitherMite
went through the featured artists and picked out 12 songs, will look through them later to see if I think I can finish any of them and which I think I can map best.
Topic Starter
Polyspora

WitherMite wrote:

went through the featured artists and picked out 12 songs, will look through them later to see if I think I can finish any of them and which I think I can map best.
good luck
ghoulybits
I have never mapped standard in my life, but it probably couldn't hurt to try, right? How much worse could it be compared to taiko?
Topic Starter
Polyspora

ghoulybits wrote:

I have never mapped standard in my life, but it probably couldn't hurt to try, right? How much worse could it be compared to taiko?
sliders. abraker is interested in the concept of a circle-only map, maybe you could try that?
Corne2Plum3
wtf real contest? /in
Nuuskamuikkunen
That looks cool
Topic Starter
Polyspora
Please everyone who is in type /join or /in
ghoulybits
/join
ShinRun
I can’t map for shit
Patatitta
I play ctb
Topic Starter
Polyspora

ShinRun wrote:

I can’t map for shit
you can try tho
aiq
/join

btw the 5* rule is kinda stupid, mapping contests (especially std) doesn't work like that
HoosierTransfer
/join
cephaphysic
-
Topic Starter
Polyspora

aiq wrote:

/join

btw the 5* rule is kinda stupid, mapping contests (especially std) doesn't work like that
I'm not alone in this project and some of us wants to actually play the map to rate it, cant do much about it :shrug:
WitherMite
/join
Topic Starter
Polyspora
we need one more to officialy start it!
- cirno -
bump
HoosierTransfer
oh also can i use illegal mapping techniques. (2b, accelerating sliders, glitches, etc)
show more