forum

Who would be a serious GMT?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
Imagine if for some reason abraker quits or is gone for a while, so he's not longer GMT and has to give his place to someone else. Who would moderate OT then?

Who would be the best to do abraker's job? Do you think an OT denizen would be a good idea to moderate OT? Says who and why?

(I think this discussion would be really interesting if you put serious answers.)
MaxIsABigKaiju
Probably a stalemate between you, me, JAB, and Farf.
and also WitherMite
ShinRun
I feel like Tad would probably be the fittest one however he isn’t that active
JustABeginner
There would always be another GMT who will come taking care or replace abraker if said things happened. GMT in Off-Topic only works for people who post bad $#!t and is eligible for locks and silent people who constantly breaking the forum rules.

The rest of the conduct is up to us OT! members since we're basically the people who knows OT for a long time and could educate newcomers about the rules and regulations in OT.

---

To answer your question, I'm not entirely sure. Maybe you?
One day, I would think of Yyotta.
Nuuskamuikkunen
community/forums/topics/1501038 - According to a JAB DM, "It won't happen".
Maybe you, Corne? You seem pretty good for that stuff.
Tad, Zelzatter, Coldtooth, Aiseca, Roshan, AHHHHHHHHHH, or even me maybe.

Aclaration edit: I just mean being GMT overall, now, wanting to become an overlord, keeping in charge of OT and keeping the lore? Basically no one could.
Manishh
I say withermite. He is silent, watching us from shadows.
Stomiks
It definitely should be someone who's an OT Denizen or someone who has a good understanding of OT. It would make moderating OT easier for them since they would know what course of action they should take regarding the various situations that take place here.

As for who... I'm not sure tbh. Some users here just don't have enough time to handle a forum like this and most of us aren't fit to be a gmt.
ghoulybits
I think it's kind of a hard question to answer because personally, I'd want any new OT-specific GMT to be someone who has a significant history with this subforum (like, years worth), but there aren't many people who fit that criteria that are still active, let alone would probably even want to be a GMT.

And, ya know, all the billion of other qualities that a GMT needs still apply too (patience, mediation skills, quick judgements, not being a minor, etc etc)

So... not sure if I can think of anyone unless someone from one of the early gens starts being randomly active again lol
WitherMite

Manishh wrote:

I say withermite. He is silent, watching us from shadows.
👀

GMT seems like a lot of work though. not really interested in moderating map comment spam tbh.
z0z
if no replacement is found, sies and/or death may take over for a time
Zelzatter Zero
none.

so far no one can actually reach the same activity and commitment abraker once had, especially in terms of being OT-specific GMT, as the sub is more considered to be filled with shitpost and thus not worth moderating by most.

and that's not even consider the minimum responsibility you have to bear as a GMT as a whole, as already mentioned by abraker and ghoulybits.
Patatitta
Oldest active for a long uninterrupted time is like 7th gen, idk if anyone fits the role
MrMcMikey22
bruh how many gens are there? o_o
Manishh

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

bruh how many gens are there? o_o
8 i think
MrMcMikey22
aha interesting
Topic Starter
Corne2Plum3
I know it's yesterday but anyone got this too?

Scyla

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Abraker scouting for GMTs sounds like he's preparing to part ways with us :(
JustABeginner

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Good luck dude. ✌

---

Scyla wrote:

Abraker scouting for GMTs sounds like he's preparing to part ways with us :(
If I remember correctly, abraker's going to be finishing up his GMT in 2024 since I still remembered he wanted to earn a 5-year GMT + good year to quit his 10-year osu!.
Manishh

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

He is gathering members for a war
Stomiks

Manishh wrote:

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

He is gathering members for a war
What war?
show more