Total Posts
show more
Sakura
I'd get overgamed if i play this now.
Should've gotten enough people earlier.
Ashton
I will join.
abraker
Added. I think that's enough people, but more can always join in the game thread before it begins. Game thread itself will be up in the next week or two (likely 3-4 days after OT!Execution Chapter 3 releases).
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
abraker
blah this is taking longer to get started than I hoped for

no eta for now :\

I have ptsd from mafiauniverse
Birdy
I would be interested in a game, now that I'm slowly coming back.
abraker
added to roster. Going to repost it

Racking up interest. I am aiming to begin a game whenever I gather enough people whenever I am ready to run the game. Post below saying you want /in if you want to play

Tally so far:
  1. abraker
  2. K0j
  3. Tad Fibonacci
  4. Penguin
  5. samX500
  6. Kyomaku
  7. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  8. Sakura
  9. Ashton
  10. birdy
  11. Amianki
quite a bit of time has passed since I started to gather people, so if your situation has changed and want /out please say so.
Amianki
if you really need somebody, I can fill in.
Sakura
Im not overgamed anymore so i guess i can.
Tad Fibonacci
I think we have enough people now.
abraker
K0j, Penguin, Kyomaku might have changed status since, we could technically be down to 7 people
Amianki
send out some feelers to make sure people are still up for it

btw do we really have to play with this awful layout?
Sakura
you can use the old one with old.ppy.sh
Amianki
it redirects me to the new one.
Tad Fibonacci
Sakura
Is this ever going to happen?
Amianki
Idk is it
Sakura
Maybe i should stop refreshing these forums.
Seems like this is never happening in the end.
Guess osu!mafia is dead at this point.
abraker
Well the window I was planning for has passed. We'll try for winter break.

I regret participating in the mafia championship. I was really reluctant to go for anything mafia related after that. Too overkill.
Amianki
Looks like oldppysh doesn't work on forums anymore

I'm no longer interested if that is the case, sorry
Tad Fibonacci
Peppy killed the old site. And with it, people's interest in abraker's Mafia game.
Amianki
Altina is not pleased.
Sakura
Yeah with this style i doubt i'll play.
samX500
I get that the new site isn't as good as the old one, I am anoyed by it's removal as well. But how does the style change the game of mafia?

All that said, I know some people are making a stylesheet to reproduce the old site so by the time the game starts you should be able to play with the old style.
abraker
so double posting is back. All is left is to get Katoumegumi's webskin so this feels more like the old forums and I think we might be good to go.
clayton
what about the new forums makes Mafia hard to play? if there are issues here, they might be relevant to all forums.
abraker
A lot of older folks play mafia and are used to old design.

Also infinite scrolling is intimidating on threads with hundreds of posts. It blurs all the posts into a never ending stream. It makes harder to navigate to specific posts you are not sure the location of. With pages you could roughly guesstimate what page the post occurred on based on maybe a 4-6 page range you think it can be on, and you can find it a bit faster because you vaguely remember it's either around top, middle, or bottom of page. With infinite scrolling, if it's post 367 out of 500+ you prob going to aim for the 300's ballpark. You better hope you don't tirelessly scroll past it or you either need to check 100 posts again or start doubting whether it's really a 300's post.

Also is there a way to filter by all posts a user made in a thread? There was this feature on old forums, albeit via crafted url.

It would also help if you can limit post search to a specific thread in addition to user.
Amianki

clayton wrote:

what about the new forums makes Mafia hard to play? if there are issues here, they might be relevant to all forums.

mafia to me is a lot harder to play when there's a ton of bells and whistles attached to every post

it was bearable before because the site was otherwise really plain and familiar, but I really don't think I would be able to keep my focus on a game on it the way it is, I'm sorry

it was hard enough as it is on the ToL forums and that was before the endless spam since it was essentially a forum/instant messaging hybrid
Dialect
mafias definitely getting removed soon lmao
abraker
we can still revive
samX500
How many player do we have right now, Is it still 11 as in the last edit? If so we might want to start the game right now since we are in quarentine. I know 11 player is not ideal but if we can't get the game going in a quarentine I don't think we will ever do it.
abraker
I think it's more like 6 now. I expect half not to be available anymore or lost interest
Corne2Plum3

MinNin wrote:

mafias definitely getting removed soon lmao

Probably because if we remove this topic, the mafia subforum isn't used since 1 year
Penguin
I'm still interested in a game of mafia, just a heads up
abraker
ok lets do this

So here is a list of people I believe are prob still in:
  1. Tad Fibonacci
  2. Penguin
  3. samX500
  4. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  5. Ashton
I'm not in the list cause I will be likely be managing it
someone find people
Agent Encore
Wait, you guys do mafia here?
ClevelandsMyBro

Agent Encore wrote:

Wait, you guys do mafia here?
yes (never played it actually)

it's very inactive tho
Agent Encore
Man, I've always wanted to play Mafia, but the Starmen.net forums haven't put one on for at least a year. Maybe the mods on this forum could put on a nice one for beginners I can jump on. I think I know the rules reasonably well enough to play...
samX500
I applied for a game of mafia like a year ago and it has still not happened. Some people have been waiting for even longer than me.
ninore
i wanna apply too

i love these kinds of games. i spent like 150 hours playing town of salem
show more