Awesome game, awesome song and awesome map!
Good luck <3
Good luck <3
Bubblun wrote:From #modreqs
Not all diffs have the same preview point. Might wanna fix that.
Click the Circles!
00:04:318 (4) - Compared to your previous patterns, they all had circular motion. The only reason I see to why this is different is to act as a transition to the 1/4 patterns, but that doesn't change the fact this is still a similar part to the song. ctrl+g Done
00:06:923 (1) - Turn this into a cornered-slider to show the transition? http://puu.sh/sZb6X/32d27a5f46.jpg Neat idea but I prefer the blanket
00:09:841 (7) - Considering how the player is coming in from the bottom, shouldn't the clickable part of the slider also be at the bottom? Usually yes but I want the jump due to the clap
00:13:697 (2) - This looks weird to me, because the tail isn't perfectly under 1, which ruins the challenge of the readability. Fixed
00:13:176 (8,9) - I read these as all 1/4 patterns. Could an NC be placed on 9 to show the difference between 1/2 and 1/4? Hm, I don't think the player would usually misread this because it would be a pretty big jump for 1/4
00:21:165 (1,2) - I think these look nicer straightened out. Fix
00:24:221 (1,2) - These don't have the sharpness as 00:23:596 (1,2,1,2) - I suggest horizontally flipping this, and same for 00:24:534 (1,2) - Ill consider this
00:28:181 (1) - I think it's more consistent with the pattern to custom-stack this on 2 to create an anti-jump. Disagree, I think that's unfair in terms of reading
00:42:352 (3) - You placed that middle dot there, but there's no curve. Curve it?Removed the dot
Advanced & Normal & Hard
00:41:936 - Useless line? doesnt really matter i guess
Stingy wrote:hey btw rip bc double mod sry but hobbes isn't online dunno what to do okay bye
dat CS tho
00:18:594 (1) - idk but I think you should make the first curve (from first node to third node) curve outward instead of inward it would fit better with the flow
The ending goes counter-clockwise for a while but I know a lot of mappers don't give a shoot. Also if you had DS on, check AiMod otherwise nvm
00:01:297 (5,1,2) - Move the (1,2) pattern up so it flows better with (5)'s direction. To be honest you're fine I'm just really picky about these things would look really ugly tho
[Click the Circles!]
00:00:255 (1,2,3,4,5) - This is the only "set" of siders with the weird overlap at (4). You don't have to fix it just thought I should point it out ;w; should be ok :p
00:08:695 (2,3) - This blanket's a tad bit off Loosen (2)'s curve fixy
00:19:949 (7,8) - Scoot (7) to the left to match (8)'s angle please ;w; Fixy
00:28:389 (2) - I don't think it'd hurt to NC this to help show the timing difference between them. I KNOOOOOW It's an extra but ;w; 00:27:972 (2,1,2) - are all like the same distance from each other so it should be readable i think
ColdTooth wrote:doublepost because mod
Why does Polka's Another have custom kiai times but no other diff does? Kiai is up to the individual mapper
00:18:594 (1) - Straight line would probably flow much better to parallel 00:16:927 (1) - 's line fix
00:35:892 (2) - make this look a little prettier hows that
00:44:437 (3) - x160 y224 fix
00:31:828 (8) - No sound here from what I can make out of I hear it, its part of the main melody
[Click the Circles!]
to the beat!
Y'know, for a map that has circles on the sliderends alot, wouldn't it be cool to see them actually stacked on the sliderends?
00:21:165 (1,2) - make parallel fix
Fun map, fun song, fun game : )
From Kryptograms Modding Queue
- 00:10:258 (1) - Move the red thick of the slider tox:436 y:72, just for a better symmetry Nice catch
- 00:21:929 (1) - Add a finish at the begin, it sounds good whit the instrumental Sure
- 00:26:930 (3) - I think it sounds better if you remove the whistle in the whole slider, sounds awkward to me Eh, I have no other way to make it sound good, but I guess no hitsound here is good enough.
- 00:28:598 (1) - Why don't you put this note in x:412 y:196 to me it feels better whit the previous slider Nah, I do like the idea, but I feel like it'll flow better from the slider endpoint instead
- 00:38:184 (3) - Remove the finish here, if you listen to the sung, the drums start at 00:38:601 (1) No change as it flows in w/ the drums from the beginning of the song
This diff its really clean, good job
Weber wrote:ColdTooth's Easy
00:41:936 (5) - NC starts here jesus im that bad at fixing my previous mistakes thanks for pointing that out lmao
Wondering why 00:13:592 (1,2,3,4) - is way less dense than 00:16:927 (1,2,3,4) - despite it being the exact same music, I would make the first (1,2,3,4) a little more dense to make it more consistent. I just didn't feel like putting every beat as a clickable note, this is how I make my easy difficulties anyways, I give them small breaks in between.
00:28:598 (1,2,3,4) - ^ ^
00:35:267 (1) - Blanket around (4) could be improved (turn off grid snap if you have it on) I think I made it look better lol
Thanks, also here's the diff again ---> boop
Noffy wrote:[ColdTooth's Easy]
- 00:08:591 (3) - Possibly move this to the left a bit, (x:412) so that it is more vertically symmetrical with the end of 00:06:923 (1) - ? Nah
- 00:11:925 (3) - I think it could be better for this slider to have only one red anchor instead of 2, since the rhythm it's following isn't much different from 00:12:759 (4) - . there
- 00:13:592 (1) - Consider adding a finish here, as the guitar strum is just as forceful as it was at 00:06:923 - ok
- 00:21:929 (1) - Maybe move up a bit so that 00:21:929 (1,2,3) - can be a single wave fwoosh instead of the currently slightly not. No change
- 00:30:265 (3) - Perhaps adjust this slider a bit to head straight into 00:31:515 (4) - aye ok
Nice clean diff :3
ColdTooth wrote:doublepost because mod
Why does Polka's Another have custom kiai times but no other diff does? Its okay to have inconsistent kiais.
00:02:651 (5,8) - Blanket It is.
00:06:923 (1,3) - Blanket ^
00:10:987 (4) - Stack on 00:10:258 (1) - 's sliderbegin k
00:20:261 (1) - Not entirely sure what the hell is going on w/ the music but I seem to hit this much later than any other difficulty. I feel like it should start on an 1/8th tick ahead, but I feel like that might break the difficulty in terms. Maybe a slider repeat here to end on 00:20:574 - ? I'unno. I just... feel like the music here hates people lol So whats ur suggestion Im confused qq
Needs more polishing imo, but otherwise decent diff, fun to play ur mom needs more polishing.
Kami-senpai wrote:00:12:967 (5,6,7,8,9) - The angle of the jump with the stream seems a bit too sharp for good flow. Maybe make a little smoother by moving the stream more to the left moved slightly.
00:16:927 (1,2) - Make the distance between these comparable to 00:13:592 (1,2) - these done
00:40:268 (1,2,3) - Pull this a bit to the left so it doesn't overlap too much with the stream. Kinda like 00:41:310 (9) - this one I like the overlap.
Kryptogram wrote:Polka's Another
- 00:06:090 (7) - NC here maybe, just because there are many notes Ruins NC consistency.
- 00:21:199 (7) - Same here ^ ^
- 00:41:102 (8) - Same here ^ ^
- 00:34:433 (7) - Same here ^ ^
Noffy wrote:[Polka's Another]
Hi Polka~ HI NOFFY
- 00:22:658 (7) - In my opinion, this note isn't as strong as 00:22:033 (2) - and I think removing it could help emphasize the difference between 00:21:929 (1,2,3,4,5) - and 00:22:554 (6,7,8,9,10) - . Note is still audible and I think it should be included.
- 00:26:514 (6) - 00:26:722 (7) - consider applying ctrl+g to each of these invidually, I think it'd make for some quite nice flow. whee (in the image it looks a little chaotic but I hope it gets my point across that this would potentially be really nice) the way it currently is, for comparison. No loopity-loops here ;.; Changed.
osu file format v14
Source:Super Smash Bros. Melee
Tags:Break the Ready? Go! GameCube Nintendo Homerun Home Run contest
//Background and Video events
//Storyboard Layer 0 (Background)
//Storyboard Layer 1 (Fail)
//Storyboard Layer 2 (Pass)
//Storyboard Layer 3 (Foreground)
//Storyboard Sound Samples
Combo1 : 255,121,255
Combo2 : 40,148,255
Combo3 : 255,91,91
Combo4 : 0,255,128
Kami-senpai wrote:Here's a mod (from my queue. Don't think I'm some sort of benevolent god or anything )
I think all your diffs need kiai times. Unless new RC doesn't require kiai times, I suggest putting it from 00:21:929 (1) - here to 00:35:267 (1) - here RC doesn't require kiai times and I don't really feel any in this map. It's up to the individual mappers.00:08:591 (1,2) - This double might be a bit hard and unpredictable for Hard diff(?) I'd hope not. There are doubles everywhere.
00:19:845 (5) - There's a whistle hitsound on the sliderslide portion of the slider, you may or may not have intended that Good catch, fixed
I'm not too good at modding hard sowwy00:28:181 (1,2) - Maybe space these out even more because the way the distances are progressing, this looks like it should be 1/4 instead of 1/2 Okay, I adjusted it
I haven't seen this good of a challenge map in a while good job!
Thanks for your mod!
From Kryptograms Modding Queue
- 00:04:839 (4) - This slider should end in 00:05:048 (x), sounds much better whit the instrumental Might change this, but I'm following the added instrument that appears at 00:04:839 -
- 00:16:093 (3) - What about placing this slider somewhere else, like something like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6910233 i don't like how it overlaps whit
- 00:14:843 (4) Fixed
- 00:30:890 (2) - Sounds better if you end the slider here 00:31:099 (x) blue tick has a notable piano sound tho
- 00:33:183 (4,5) - You could try to make something more linear like this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6910263 i don't like how it flows I think it's okay, not seeing a problem personally
- 00:37:559 (2) - Sounds better if you end the slider here 00:37:768 (x) blue tick piano sound
- 00:39:852 (4) - Sounds better if you end the slider here 00:40:060 (x) Like before this one is extended due to the instrument
- 00:06:819 (7) - This note sounds a little bit forced, i mean there is no beat strong enough to put a note there Might change this. I think the triplet emphasis 1 well.
- 00:41:831 (7) - Same as above Same here. I might change as I said.
Guess nothing else to say, imo there's alot of streams in this difficult, but its your choice
Click the circle's
- 00:16:510 (7) - Move this note to x:429 y:172, just to overlap it whit 00:14:634 (5) This messes up the triangle but I moved the entire triangle so its ok xd
Sorry but i can't mod expert's very well
Sorry for the poor mod, but i couldn't find mistakes in the mapset, just some suggestions from my part, Good luck!
thanks for your mod
Weber wrote:randum mod at 1am
Click The Circles
Now, 00:06:507 (1,2,3,4) - is a fairly tricky pattern to pull off which is fine on it's own, however playability issues arise when you consider the momentum needed to hit 00:06:402 (4,1) - then switch into a much faster momentum for 00:06:507 (1,2,3,4,1) - which is really quite extreme for the small amount of space as well as the potential readability issues this entire pattern has. I would consider moving 00:06:402 (4) - further away from (1).
00:41:415 (4,1,2,3,4,1) - ^
Adjusted the rhthm by shortening 3 into a 1/2 slider and adding a 1/2 slider right after. Plays MUCH better while still being hard. Thanks for pointing this out!
00:13:488 (10,1,2) - Again, super difficult momentum issues, I would consider removing the (10) note in order to make it a little easier while still keeping with the music.
00:28:389 (2,3,1,2) - ^ These I acknowledge as challenging and intentional. The previous just came off as frustrating but I think these are okay.
00:21:165 (1) - Unsnapped note
00:21:303 (2) - Having this note go back towards the cursor's direction on top of having to hit (3,4,5) is, again, fairly extreme. I would try Ctrl-G'ing it as a solution to this to give players an easier time with flow. Rhythym was shit so I redid the whole thing
00:24:534 (1,2,1) - This pattern in particular ends up being much harder than the (1,2) patterns before it as you have to hit the (1) slider straight after which is a fair distance away and considering (2) goes back towards the player. Consider breaking away from the pattern and having the sliderhead stack underneath (1) to make it a little less difficult. https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/6916798 I'll consider this.
Thank you so much!
Noffy wrote:Hi! M4M from my queue o/
I'm a bit later than I said I would be, sorry about that ;;.
Mod in return however much you think is fair since my set is signifcantly longer in drain time owo;
Name every diff Easy! Normal! Advanced! Hard! to match with the title name and the final diff plz thx
(the above is half a joke but I think it'd be neat) Metadata changing so it wont be relevant anymore
- 00:25:263 - Random hitsounding idea: Adding a normal whistle to this bar, because there's an actual whistle in the song here (albeit fairly quiet) It's so quiet, not sure it's worth doing
I think the intro could benefit from having the rhythms of 00:00:255 (1,2,3) - and 00:01:922 (1,2) - switched.
This is primarily because I feel like 00:01:505 - is a weaker note than 00:03:172 - is, especially when former is compared to the piano note 00:01:713 - right after it being a bit stronger, so it feels awkward to click at 00:01:505 but not 00:01:713 - .
The same goes for: 00:13:592 (1,2,3,1,2) - , 00:28:598 (1,2,3,1,2) - , 00:35:267 (1,2,3,1,2) -
Give that a try and see what you think
My rhythm choice is on purpose, to explain listen closely for the deep sounds at 00:00:255 - and 00:00:880 and 00:01:505 (3) - ; I use these as the basis for the rhythm on this measure. On the next measure, listen for the sounds on the blue ticks the reverse slider is mapped to; those sounds are the basis for the rhythm on that measure. Those deep sounds occur everywhere I use these two sets of rhythms in a row.
But since that's just an idea I'll mod the rest of the diff under the assumption you don't make that change (woo)
- 00:01:922 (1) - Possibly curve this more to match better with the angle for 00:00:255 (1) - . Okay
- 00:06:923 (1,2,3) - This angle feels rather small compared to the majority of patterns in this difficulty. Maybe move 00:06:090 (2,3) - to the right some and arrange like so to open it up a bit more. What you said is true but I'm not sure it's a problem. I'll consider.
- 00:09:424 (2) - Maybe rotate this like -14 degrees so that 00:08:591 (1,2) - can be symmetrical around this line (science) Sure!
- 00:17:552 (2) - Maybe reconsider the rhythm in this area, this is really weird to click to when there isn't really a sound here but at the blue tick afterwords ;; ( 00:17:656 ) and it's also different from how most of the similar patterns were mapped, making it additionally harder to follow. There's a clear sound on 00:17:552 - though
- 00:26:097 (3) - Is that middle anchor supposed to be curving this slider?? cause it appears to be straight.. ? Fixed
- 00:41:936 (1,2,3) - Why isn't the rhythm here like, say, 00:06:923 (1,2,3) - ? They have the same high pitched bopping going on. The rhythm you have here is ignoring the sound at 00:42:769 - which you had mapped in the previous similar parts of the song. Fixed
Generally, I found this difficulty's rhythms to be far more fitting to the song itself than the ones in Normal, despite not being too-much-more intense. Is very nice >:3
- 00:15:260 (1) - Move the tail end to the left a bit, since currently 00:15:885 (2,3) - make a straighter line then 00:15:260 (1,2) - does. A fix from an earlier mod makes this obsolete
- 00:10:258 (1,2,3,4) - I think a rhythm like you did here: 00:06:923 (1,2,3,4) - with the 1/1 slider right at the start could be potentially more fitting. Maybe, but I like how 00:10:258 (1) - maps the main melody
- 00:11:925 (1) - The flow right here was pretty weird to p- no, wait, forget that, this goes offscreen in 4:3! potential non-offscreen positioning idea
- 00:18:594 (1) - Maybe remove the first white anchor point so that the start can be straight like it was for 00:11:925 (1,3) - these two. Sure
- 00:41:936 (1) - Consider moving this to the right some so that it makes a nice smiley face with 00:41:727 (5,2) - . (but also so that it looks more even and flows into 2 better) Okay!
This diff has quite a lot of style! I like it a lot!
- 00:02:964 (5) - I'd consider spacing this one as well, since it starts the same group of three piano notes that 00:03:172 (6,7) - are a part of. The same goes for when this pattern repeats. Disagree with this. while it does start that pattenr, it's still part of the previous pattern as well. Stacking it like this makes it a part of both if that makes sense.
- 00:18:594 (1) - This reverse slider is fairly misleading to read, as it repeats twice instead of once without an obvious differnece in the music like how there were heavier drums at 00:05:673 (4) - or the weirder piano that was at 00:21:929 (1) - to account for the difference. Maybe have this repeat just once instead. Fixed
- 00:23:596 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - For this bar, consider a rhythm like this instead so that you'd be clicking on the high piano notes instead of ending sliders on them: Either that or make it similar to how you did 00:26:930 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - . This might be something to think about. I prefer the active rhythm I have now as I think it matches the music better but I can see your point.
[Click the Circles!]
Dang this is a lot harder than SR would make you think.. wowza. Yeah lol
- 00:28:598 (1,2) - not stacked perfectly vrrr
- 00:30:265 (1,2) - vrr
- 00:36:934 (1,2) - vrr
Overall a super cool mapset!!! Best of luck with this good luck and have a nice day !
Good question, that would be a lot cleaner. I'll ask.
Bubblun wrote:About the metadata, could you put 'Various Artists' and put all of them in the tags?
-BlueSun- wrote:to me it seem very unclear with what rythm you are trying to follow here. for example, 00:00:255 - here you aren't following the main rythmn (which is fine) but then here 00:06:923 - you are following the main rythmn which can throw players off, you should just stick to one rythmn. My rhythm selection in normals tries to follow the song is best i can without being too complicated00:21:929 (1,2,3) - make this into like a triangle shape or something because it looks quite boring. Slightly adjusted
00:23:596 (1,2,3,4) - is this really necessary? this doens't flow well at all, just make them into this its ok00:26:930 (1,2,3,4) - same thing here but it's probably more acceptable for a hard diff, its up to you if you wanna change it or not.
00:34:433 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - making this into a stream probably wont hurt. Didn't want any true streams in this diffcouldn't find anything here.
Thank you Bakari!
Bakari wrote:This post is sponsored by Tesco. Not really, tho.
- Polka's Insane has no preview point set. Please set one as it is required by the RC and sounds quite unnatural wthout it. Fixed
- Disable the countdown which doesn't really work anyway? Done
- Harder difficulties could benefit from Slider Tick Rate 4, give it a try on the Insane and I+ difficulties. Not a fan, personally. Feels kinda overmappy on a few ticks.
- 00:01:505 (3) - let's use a 1/2 slider here instead? The beat on the red tick is pretty strong and I would insist on having it mapped in some way. I'll consider this but I'm actually following the deep piano sounds on the background in which there's no sound on the red tick 00:00:255 (1,2,3,1,2) -
- 00:35:267 - try to lower your rhythm density here to be more consistent with Easy and to emphasize the volume decrease? I want the rhythm to be identical to the start of the song here. I think it generally is less dense than the chorus in general.
- 00:02:547 (2,3) - since 1/4 snaps are just being introduced I would recommend to use regular spacing for them. It will still look pretty and give a more accurate idea of what 1/4 is and how to hit it.
Note: obviously, this will aply to all of the 1/4 snapped patterns. Took some tinkering, but implemented.
Apart from that spacing thing there is nothing I could disagree with or imorove. I like it.
- 00:20:574 (1) - try to use 1/2 snapped circles instead of the slider? This would give some extra emphasis to the drum stuff and make the part stand out, which is a nice thing, in my opinion. Eh, I think using a quadruplet in a hard is too challenging. Making it a slider adds a lot of leniency. I get your point though.
That is too streamy to my standards but it works with the spread. Perhaps I would name it a Hyper, but this could be just me. It's a streamy song so I think it fits. The advanced introduces 1/4 in a healthy way, and there's not really anything beyond triplets and the quadruplet pattern.
[To the Beat!]
- 00:20:574 (4) - probably a new combo here would increase readability. No big deal, but it seems to work slightly better when you have one placed. Great idea.
Interesting usage of stacks.
Whoa, that was impressive!
Best of luck!
00:13:697 (2) - maybe reverse the shape here so it flows better, adjust the next slidershape too if you change Not sure if you mean to ctrl+g or flip it; I can consider flipping it but I wouldn't ctrl+g it.thank you
00:23:596 (1,2) - and so on...: that is pretty hard to read and the overlap of the circle with the sliderhead doesnt look really nice imo. If you make the circle farther away from the sliderhead and let it overlap with the slidertail it would look better http://puu.sh/t9QxR/c6347f603a.jpg Cool idea, implemented, Used a .5 DS then ctrlGd the sliders
00:32:036 (2,3) - fix the stack Done
00:35:058 (4,1,2) - this is really unpleasant flow because you move at bottom left but the next object is rather top right.. maybe make it flow to left top before I'll consider, but I probably won't change this. I think it's fine.
00:35:371 (2) - .
00:38:184 - i kinda disagree that this strong sound is covered by a reverse slider, should be clickable imo [/color]
00:39:852 - especially this I'll leave the rhythm symmetrical to the opening
interesting map, i like it
-BlueSun- wrote:00:29:431 (2) - remove this and add a slider from here 00:29:014 - 00:29:848 - it flows better with the music.
my modding is bad sry
I re dled the map, Hobbes, but do please double check incase something screwed up ok i fixed it
Bakari wrote:This post is sponsored by Tesco. Not really, tho.
- 00:14:426 (2) - there are stronger beats 1/1 before and 1/1 ahead. Why not map them? the most generic and simple example
Note: 00:29:431 (2) - same here. Also, (2) feels as if it should be snapped 1/2 earlier and replacing it with the pattern suggested would solve the problem.
Both fixed, and slightly adjusted notes after 00:29:431 (2) - . I took your generic and simple example cause I thought it worked the best IMO. Lemme know if it doesn't work out that well
Best of luck!