forum

how do you compare to osugame npcs

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
multimode freak
are you better? worse? are you actually the same people? how is the diplomatic relationship with them? is there lore about OT x osugame npcs contacting each other? what about twitter npcs? actually twitter npcs and reddit npcs are the same species arent they
Wimpy Cursed
Take a seat on this god forsaken shit black chair

Polyspora
welcome to ot
WitherMite
I dont interact with them so idfk
Farfocele
I interact with r/osugame, but even they get too crazy for me from time to time. I think we are on neutral terms though
- Marco -
sorry i got distracted by your pfp... what were you saying?
Ymir
You are living proof that 100% pure OT lurkers exist.
B0ii
who what where why?
xch00F
you're an npc too, don't forget that
we're all npcs
we aren't in control, as much as we want to believe we are
you are beholden to your neurotransmitters, free will doesn't exist
and your neurotransmitters made you post a thread on teh osu forums
Topic Starter
multimode freak

Ymir wrote:

i lurked for like 20 mins
Nuuskamuikkunen
The main difference is that we are superior as we most have left this god forsaken game.
Polyspora

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

The main difference is that we are superior as we most have left this god forsaken game.
z0z
who
DM FOR MUTUAL
Idk I don't really interact with them, Farfocele is probably the closest to an osugame npc here so I take their word
Ymir

multimode freak wrote:

Ymir wrote:

i lurked for like 20 mins
Lurk a little longer and you'll become one of us.
Kaaruumii
i only use reddit when i need to look something up for a game or whatever, i rarely feel the need to do it here tbh
Corne2Plum3
I suck at this game
YyottaCat
Never been on r/osugame
AnnaRazy

YyottaCat wrote:

Never been on r/osugame
Achromalia

AnnaRazy wrote:

YyottaCat wrote:

Never been on r/osugame
Karmine

B0ii wrote:

who what where why?
Winnyace
I don't really like r/osugame either, but calling users there NPCs is a bit childish, in my opinion. Just let them be. If you want to find out if this place fits you better, come in and find out for yourself.
DM FOR MUTUAL

Winnyace wrote:

I don't really like r/osugame either, but calling users there NPCs is a bit childish, in my opinion. Just let them be. If you want to find out if this place fits you better, come in and find out for yourself.
They literally call themselves NPCs though, it's similar to being called a "dweller" or a "denizen" here
Jangsoodlor

z0z wrote:

who
tao
Corne2Plum3

Winnyace wrote:

I remember in r/place the people calling themselves NPCs on BTMC's stream
Winnyace

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

They literally call themselves NPCs though, it's similar to being called a "dweller" or a "denizen" here

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

I remember in r/place the people calling themselves NPCs on BTMC's stream
Oh... Uhh... alright then, I guess...
Aireunaeus
Npcs are users that get a lot of downvotes
Topic Starter
multimode freak
as far as i know top players started calling them npcs and they just took it in with pride
ColdTooth
cringe
Topic Starter
multimode freak
still far better than yall if yall dont even play the game anymore
Winnyace

multimode freak wrote:

lmao cringe
sametdze

multimode freak wrote:

you are not him sorry to break it to you like this
Cerno

multimode freak wrote:

this some retarded take
- Marco -
I still play this game
just like she plays games with me...
Winnyace

Cerno wrote:

multimode freak wrote:

this some retarded take
npc himself, huh?
Topic Starter
multimode freak
like whats the point of staying in the osu community if you dont play osu
Kaaruumii

multimode freak wrote:

wait this is the osu community? i thought this was a cult
Aireunaeus
Just read the subforum title
Achromalia

multimode freak wrote:

there are many "points" to it (it could be important to note that "the point" might just be relative to your own priorities about being here, in which case you will probably find yourself better off if you avoid projecting your experience as a generalized standard for what people care about and do), and the scene really isn't exclusive to only being a player

you also have mappers, moderators, commentators, gfx artists, musicians, technical staff, all involved in the community in one form or another-- a place like off-topic within these forums is a commonplace element of many other game-community forums as well, where people who have some adjacence/proximity to the game may want a place to be within the forums to meet/socialize casually, and where osu does not have to matter

i'm not sure what response you were anticipating, but this seems like a very easily accessible conclusion to make after observing different communities centered around media, interactive or not

maybe i'm misunderstanding the reasoning you have in mind? if so, it'll probably help to share what it is that forms your perspective here so that at least when we dogpile you (affectionately? or maybe just neutrally), you will maybe have a foundation to stand on
Winnyace

multimode freak wrote:

Perhaps the community aspect? This subforum is pretty far removed the game and it is mostly just a shitposting subforum on the osu! forums. Some play the game still, some don't. You can meet people here and still be around them even if you stopped playing. You can still contribute to the game and not play it. I don't know what's so weird about it.
Topic Starter
multimode freak
didnt mean for it to sound serious sorry if anybody got offended
z0z
more than the competitive scene zzzzzzzzzz
Polyspora

multimode freak wrote:

you came to OT in weird times mr
Winnyace

multimode freak wrote:

I doubt anybody got offended, to be honest. It was more funny than anything. I hope you stick around
Achromalia

multimode freak wrote:

nah it was fine, though it was more that it didnt really make sense. it was interesting to pick at though for the moment it lasted
Topic Starter
multimode freak
ok you guys are cool
probably better than the reddit npcs
Aireunaeus

multimode freak wrote:

its ok
abraker

multimode freak wrote:

is there lore about OT x osugame npcs contacting each other?
Here a tid bit of lore for you
osugame was created by an OT npc named ph0x

community/forums/topics/36868
Naiad
I think OT and osugame demographics are relatively similar. The largest differences are that osugame is full of slightly older people who are more invested in the game.

Aireunaeus wrote:

Npcs are users that get a lot of downvotes
I feel like the opposite is more true, considering being an NPC is implicative of having little independent thought and going with the crowd, which would mean one generally has uncontroversial and popular opinions.
Polyspora
what is this thing with "npc" jesus christ I'm getting brain cancer with this
show more