forum

I need help on skinning mania

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mooyangon
Sooo I'm making a skin called Light Moon, and I'm adding a new mode (I've never done anything except std). If anyone has any tutorial or tips to skinning mania, it will be really helpful as i can't find anything.

Thanks.

P.S. If you're reading this, pls respond ASAP!! I've only got 6 days to do this!
[clouds]
you can look into the osu!mania skinning wiki showing all skinnable elements if you haven’t checked that out already.
Topic Starter
Mooyangon

[clouds] wrote:

you can look into the osu!mania skinning wiki showing all skinnable elements if you haven’t checked that out already.
Yeah I have. I tried just normally skinning the parts but that doesn’t work. Also I’m having trouble on the skin.ini parts if you have anything for that 👍
Corne2Plum3

Mooyangon wrote:

[clouds] wrote:

Yeah I have. I tried just normally skinning the parts but that doesn’t work. Also I’m having trouble on the skin.ini parts if you have anything for that 👍
Will be difficult to see the problem if we don't see your skin or what is not working correctly...
Topic Starter
Mooyangon

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Mooyangon wrote:

[clouds] wrote:

Will be difficult to see the problem if we don't see your skin or what is not working correctly...
Edit: I've been testing and I think im on the right path. I'll be back if something goe wrong

I’ve tried to skin the keys but they either get stretched or squished. I looked into the skin.ini stuff but some questions I don’t understand. I haven’t look all the way through but here’s are some I’m confused about:

ColumnRight
BarlineHeight
WidthForNoteHeightScale

There may be more but those are the only ones I’ve got up to
community/forums/topics/1908624?n=1
Redo_
Read the notes under each file/skin.ini option on the wiki and you should understand it without any issues.

References:
wiki/en/Skinning/skin.ini#%5Bmania%5D
wiki/en/Skinning/osu%21mania

If you don't have time to skin mania, skin ctb instead. Takes like an hour to do at best.

PS. also don't chain replies when the post you're replying to is directly above yours
Topic Starter
Mooyangon

Redo_ wrote:

Read the notes under each file/skin.ini option on the wiki and you should understand it without any issues.

References:
wiki/en/Skinning/skin.ini#%5Bmania%5D
wiki/en/Skinning/osu%21mania

If you don't have time to skin mania, skin ctb instead. Takes like an hour to do at best.

PS. also don't chain replies when the post you're replying to is directly above yours
Thanks! I'll look at ctb skinning.

Also I didn't realize about the reply thing lol