posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Winnyace
Title.

I use Firefox because:
  1. Not Chromium based
  2. FOSS
  3. Has a company/foundation/whatever the fuck Mozilla is nowadays backing it up that isn't super evil
  4. Has a healthy extension ecosystem
  5. By default, it isn't super bloated with BS
  6. Offers some decent privacy and security features OOTB
z0z
librewolf
Behrauder
Google chrome, there's no specific reason, I've always used it.
Nanofranne
Ungoogled Chromium cause it works well for all of my chromium needs. I'd like to do stuff with furryfox once in a while too
Corne2Plum3
Firefox because this is the first browser I ever used, only used Firefox at school, and now the fact that this is not under google shit and that ads blockers works better is even more reasons to stay with the fox
Patatitta
firefox, because it's nice
nominomu
chrome, which does have issues like privacy so i might switch in the future (maybe arc)
i use a separate browser (ms edge) for school
synthwavesquid
librewolf, because i mainly use firefox anyways, and it blocks more trackers/has more privacy stuff by default which is neat

then vivaldi for when something doesn't work properly on a firefox-based browser
Karmine

cephaphysic wrote:

librewolf, because i mainly use firefox anyways, and it blocks more trackers/has more privacy stuff by default which is neat
Same, I don't use anything when websites don't work though I just don't use them or sometimes use Firefox since it blocks less stuff.
synthwavesquid

Karmine wrote:

cephaphysic wrote:

Same, I don't use anything when websites don't work though I just don't use them or sometimes use Firefox since it blocks less stuff.
i usually only need to swap for browser games/apps if firefox-based browsers struggle to run them. i've yet to need to swap because it doesn't work with librewolf specifically
Jangsoodlor
Brave Browser. As much as I like Firefox (former Librewolf user btw) and its features and customisations, it keeps breaking websites for me. It's also FOSS, can sync your bookmarks without creating account, solid AdBlock on Android. If you ignore their crypto stuffs it's actually a great browser.
Karmine

cephaphysic wrote:

Karmine wrote:

cephaphysic wrote:

i usually only need to swap for browser games/apps if firefox-based browsers struggle to run them. i've yet to need to swap because it doesn't work with librewolf specifically
Some websites use canvas and shit that's blocked but these are rare and usually just showcase sites that have no real use.
Topic Starter
Winnyace

Karmine wrote:

cephaphysic wrote:

Karmine wrote:

cephaphysic wrote:

Some websites use canvas and shit that's blocked but these are rare and usually just showcase sites that have no real use.
Yeah, I really don't have much issue using Firefox. The only issue I've with it is that s-ul doesn't respond to pasting a picture on it. On Brave, if I paste a photo from my clipboard, it uploads the image, without fuss.
AnnaRazy

Behrauder wrote:

Google chrome, there's no specific reason, I've always used it.
Utsushime
I use both LibreWolf and hardened Firefox (Arkenfox). The former doesn't need to be configured, so it's my go-to choice in terms of my list to install stuff. Otherwise, Mull on Android—and Brave too. 
BluePyTheWDeer_
I use Firefox Nightly for my phone and tablet (because yes, writing this there), and normal Firefox on my PCs
Nuuskamuikkunen
Firefox in all devices.

Why? It's the only major non-chromium browser.
Utsushime
There has been an effort to revitalize the Servo Project in recent months. Servo, for those who don't know, is a slipper fast experimental browser engine developed by Mozilla, written from scratch and in the rust programming language, of which the stable code was later integrated into FireFox, and Mozilla discontinued and fired the rust team behind it—one of Mozilla's more controversial decisions. 

The Linux Foundarion is currently stewarding the project. Although they have a clear roadmap to show for, they lack the funds to employ even one full-time developer. Tragic state of affairs. Even though it may never become a full-fledged browser engine, I do believe there is a merit to it. 
Mysdibule
Internet Samsung gang where y'all at?
B0ii

GIoxSM_J962 wrote:

Internet Samsung gang where y'all at?
here yo
also firefox on desktop
lostsilver
chrome bc too lazy to download firefox or opera
Achromalia
firefox :> i don't really remember my rationale though