forum

osu!World

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
boat
Welcome to osu!World - a visually interactive world building simulation where the inhabitants (the forum users) dictate how it expands and evolves. The world is visually and programmatically updated (mostly) daily to reflect it's changes. See the rules section to learn how to participate.

(not a forum game, don't move this)

District Overview
Districts: 15 Residents: 22

Financial District
Residents: ⭐boat, Corne2Plum3
Establishments: Central Bank [⭐boat], City Hall
Wealth: 5.65

Forest District
Residents:⭐Blushing
Establishments: Park [⭐Blushing]
Wealth: 0.45

Japan
Residents: ⭐Kobold84, - Marco -
Establishment: University [⭐Kobold84]
Wealth: 0.45

River District
Residents: ⭐Dementedduck

Shoreline
Residents: ⭐z0z
Establishments: Fishing Port [⭐z0z]

Agricultural District
Residents: ⭐Nuuskamuikkunen
Establishments: Cannabis Plantation [⭐Nuuskamuikkunen]

Barry Dylan District
Residents: ⭐Polyspora, ClevelandsMyBro, Hydreigon, Apraxye
Establishments: Military Camp [⭐Polyspora]

Night District
Residents: ⭐Scyla, [ Rynn ], Rhythm32
Establishments: Hotel [⭐Corne2Plum3], Mall [⭐Scyla]

Military Industry District
Residents: ⭐burgernfat
Establishments: AK47 Factory [⭐burgernfat]

Ore District
Residents: ⭐B0ii
Establishments: Mine [⭐B0ii]

Cooler Mines
Residents: ⭐Reyalp51
Establishments: Mine (⭐Reyalp51)
Wealth: 1.9

Super Cool Mines
Residents: ⭐Asian Warlord
Establishment: Mine [⭐Asian Warlord]

Red Light District
Residents: ⭐Patatitta
Establishments: Internet Café (⭐Reyalp51)

BagelBrain69420
Residents: ⭐MrMcMikey22

Dave Haywood and Bambi Cornwall's Residence
Residents: ⭐lostsilver

Income, Production & Trade
> Cooler Mines produce 1 Gold Ore and trade it to the Financial District
< Financial District mints 10 Coins and trade 1 Coin to Cooler Mines

Cooler Mines earns (9 x 10%) 0.9 Coins from the Active Trade Subsidy

Shoreline produces 1 Fish, but as it is not trade routed the fish is consumed by the end of the day
Agricultural District produces 1 Cannabis, but as it is not trade routed the Cannabis is consumed by the end of the day

Night District earns (22 x 2.5%) 0.55 Coins in income from the Hotel and (22 x 2.5%) 0.55 Coins income from the Mall
Red Light District earns (22 x 2.5%) 0.55 Coins in income from the Internet Café

Japan earns ((9 x 10%) / 2) 0.45 Coins from the Municipal Subsidy
Forest District earns ((9 x 10%) / 2) 0.45 Coins from the Municipal Subsidy
Financial District earns ((9 x 10%) / 2) 0.45 Coins from the Municipal Subsidy

Financial District is left with 5.65 Coins after paying district income and subsidies

Day 2 concludes with significant advancements in industry and jurisdiction.

The world now has a City Hall, which unlocked Law and World Committee, though no new laws have been established yet.

The Central Bank has a mine supplying it with gold to mint Coins, unlocking Commerce, Production and Municipal establishments, Expansion of establishments and Jobs.

Some residents were throwing a party in the Forest District

The Rules and Guidelines have been rewritten to reflect these changes and more appropriately re-word existing ones.

Day 2.2 Changelog
- [ Rynn ] moves in to the Night District
- Apraxye moves in to the Barry Dylan District
- Rhythm32 moves in to the Night District
- Nuuskamuikkunen establishes a Cannabis Plantation in the Agricultural District

Day 3 begins!

Rules and Guidelines
Meta Rules & Guidelines
- All direct interaction with the world needs to be prefixed with "!" and/or followed by the given command
- Posts not prefixed with "!" will be considered meta discussion and will generally be ignored for the purpose of world interaction
- Significantly rude or obscene naming schema or conduct will be ignored
- Interactions will be handled chronologically and respect causality
- You may DM me instead of posting, but your interaction will be made public in the changelog
- Production, income, trade and other variables are processed once per day

👁️ Overlords
👁️ Overlords are non-player-controlled entities who oversee the world. Occasionally they will provide applicable insight and suggestions with the worlds best interest in mind.
You may choose to ignore their suggestions at your own discretion.

Overlords prefer not to actively intervene through direct interactions with the world, but possess power to do so, including but not limited to founding/destroying/relocating buildings, establishing laws and enforcing them if the world does not have the means to do so by itself.

Districts & Inhabitants
Districts are regions, cities or countries formed in the world by it's inhabitants.
Anyone may !move in to a district of their choosing.

!move district_name

New inhabitants are entitled to found 1 district.

!found district_name

Districts may be named to fit a theme, with certain themes providing assorted benefits to the district.

Mining themed districts are placed around the Regenerating Rock that can be harvested by a Mine.

Forestry themed districts are granted Regenerating Trees that they may harvest with a Lumberyard.

Agricultural themed districts are granted animals or crops of the district owners choosing, and may establish a Farm to harvest it.

Additional themes may be added for newly established districts.

The asset production and income of establishments is provided to the district.

If a district owner moves out of their district, they must either name an inhabitant to become it's successor, or the district will become municipal property of the City Hall.
The establishments and their workers remain by default, as the resources they provide are given to the district.

The district owner may choose to !distribute wealth or assets to the district's inhabitants.

!distribute distribution_terms

Establishments
Establishments are entities founded by the world's inhabitants.

The categories for establishments are - Commerce, Production and Municipal.

Establishments provide the District they are founded in with resources, income or developmental growth.

As a new citizen, you are entitled to found 1 establishment for free in the district of your choosing.

!found establishment district establishment_name

As the founder of an establishment, you are it's owner and worker by default.
If your establishment produces material goods it may establish Trade Routes with other establishments.

!traderoute target_establishment terms

Both parties must be able fullfill the requirements in the trade route agreement at the end of the day, otherwise the agreement will be forcefully terminated.

Establishment categories:

Commerce Establishments are businessess that provide a service with or without material pre-requisites, such as Hotels, Malls, Restaurants and Entertainment venues.
Instead of producing material goods, they earn their district a base income equal to 2.5% of the world's population daily, paid out by the Central Bank.
Commerce establishments with active Trade Route(s) may be eligible for the Active Trade Subsidy.

Production establishment produce material goods, such as food, ore and wood. They produce the appropriate resource to another establishment that they have an active Trade Route with.
The resource is depleted by the end of the day if there is no active trade route. Production establishments with an active trade route are eligible for the Active Trade Subsidy paid out by the Central Bank.

Municipal establishments are entities that provide the world with political, financial and social advancements, such as the Central Bank, City Hall and University.
As municipal establishments can not trade goods or provide commerce services, they are funded by subsidies from the Central Bank.

👁️ Overlords will assign an appropriate type and resource to your establishment.
You may provide requests and suggestions, but nonsensical or impractical proposals will generally be ignored.

Jobs & Agreements
Inhabitants may !work in any establishmment of their choosing regardless of whether it is located in their district.

!work establishment_name

Working in the establishment grants the produced goods or coinage to the district.
Compensation (i.e salaries) for the work must be negotiated through an !agreement with the district owner.

!negotiate district_name/district_owner terms

Each active worker grants the establishment an additive increase to production before expansion multipliers.
Examples: An establishment with a baseline production of 1 and expansion multiplier of 2. Two workers brings the baseline production up to 2, and the multiplier adds it up to 4.
An establishment with a baseline income of 2.5% and expansion multiplier of 2. Two workers brings the baseline income up to 5% and the multiplier adds it up to 10%.

Miscellaneous Interactions
Inhabitants may improvise interactions and events with the world using freetext commands prefixed with "!"

These interactions may not tangibly destroy or harm inhabitants, districts or establishments, or magically conjure up wealth or resources.

Examples of valid events are throwing a party, hosting an open house or other playful interactions with contents of the world.

These events may tangibly affect status or resources at the discretion of the 👁️ Overlords

Income & Subsidies
The Central Bank provides subsidies to the establishments of the world to encourage development and growth.

The subsidies and their terms are as follows:
- All establishments in an active Trade Route with a Commerce end-point are granted the Active Trade Subsidy.

Example: The Fishing Port provides a Sushi Bar with the fish it requires to run their commerce business. Both of these establishment are granted the subsidy.

The Active Trade Subsidy is currently 10% of the bank's total coinage divided across all recipients.

- Municipal establishments such as the University and City Hall are granted the Municipal Subsidy.

The Municipal Subsidy is currently 10% of the bank's total coinage divided across all recipients.

- Commerce establishments are granted 2.5% of the world's population as a baseline income, paid by the Central Bank.

This income is additively increased by 2.5% for each active employee, and multiplicatively increased through establishment expansion.

Law & Jurisdiction
The laws of the world are governed by the World Committee in the City Hall.
Current World Committee members: Kobold84, boat, Blushing

Members of the committee have the ability to append, change or remove laws with the !law command.
As per current law, all changes to the laws must be !approved by the majority of the committee.
Non-committee residents may leave comments or suggestions regarding the jurisdiction, but it is the responsibility of the committee to enact the proposals.

Laws may be enforced by Law Enforcement establishments or the 👁️ Overlord Council if none is present.

Currently enacted laws:
- New laws must be !approved by the majority of World Committee members
- Laws may not directly single out an inhabitant, district or establishment
Patatitta
can I drop a nuke on the city
Topic Starter
boat

Patatitta wrote:

👁️ Overlord Insight:
You could choose to drop a nuke on the city, however it would require unlocking several dozen establishments before you would have the ability to do so. The world is currently far too primitive for scientific advancements in thermonuclear weapons.
lostsilver
can i add a little house called "dave haywood and bambi cornwall's residence" please
Topic Starter
boat

lostsilver wrote:

can i add a little house called "dave haywood and bambi cornwall's residence" please
👁️ Overlord Insight:
See the Interaction Rules section. You may found and name a new district, but your residential building will be represented with your profile picture.
Patatitta

boat wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

👁️ Overlord Insight:
You could choose to drop a nuke on the city, however it would require unlocking several dozen establishments before you would have the ability to do so. The world is currently far too primitive for scientific advancements in thermonuclear weapons.
can I do arson
lostsilver

boat wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

👁️ Overlord Insight:
See the Interaction Rules section. You may found and name a new district, but your residential building will be represented with your profile picture.
oki!
Topic Starter
boat

Patatitta wrote:

can I do arson
👁️ Overlord Insight:
Though there are no current laws or law enforcement in place to prohibit you from doing crime, you do not currently possess the ability to create a fire significant enough to cause harm. Here's an example procedure that would unlock the ability to set cities ablaze:

Forest District > Lumberyard > Mine > Ore Refinery > Matchstick Factory
Scyla
Can i add a male vtuber strip club?
Topic Starter
boat

Scyla wrote:

Can i add a male vtuber strip club?
👁️ Overlord Insight:
You may found any establishment of your choosing, though it's functionality will be limited by the abilities the world has unlocked. As you currently would have no "male vtubers" to employ, your establishment would be comprised of you being the sole "male vtuber stripper". This would be a non-profit establishment until The Central Bank attains the ability to produce Coins.
Scyla
Can you add adam and eve?
Topic Starter
boat

Scyla wrote:

Can you add adam and eve?
As the first woman to have joined I am effectively the Eve in this world, with the first man to formally join becoming Adam. While this wouldn't make sense chronologically if we're to follow the doctrine of Christianity, we are free to shape the religion of this world to our choosing, and ostensibly the choice have been made to be feminism.
Dementedduck
!found river district
Nuuskamuikkunen
!found agricultural district
Scyla
!humanoid aliens arrives
Blushing
lets discover the forests of this world
lostsilver
!founded home <dave haywood and bambi cornwall's residence>

i think im doing this right
Patatitta

boat wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

can I do arson
👁️ Overlord Insight:
Though there are no current laws or law enforcement in place to prohibit you from doing crime, you do not currently possess the ability to create a fire significant enough to cause harm. Here's an example procedure that would unlock the ability to set cities ablaze:

what about my super epic legendary fire powers
- Marco -

Patatitta wrote:

boat wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

can I do arson
👁️ Overlord Insight:

what about my super epic legendary fire powers
Yeah, the OT!President is known to have legendary fire powers
Polyspora
!found Barry Dylan district
show more