forum

Using osu! as audio streaming platform

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Jupiterium
Does anyone open up osu! to not play, but rather just listen to music? Or am I the only looney that does this?
Just curious :)
her everything

Jupiterium wrote:

Does anyone open up osu! to not play, but rather just listen to music? Or am I the only looney that does this?
Just curious :)
Nehhh ur not the only one using osu as a streaming platform ^^
Patatitta
Heard of some people doing that
BlueChinchompa
im sure many people do that. osu! has helped me find artists and songs I would have never found thanks to this game so I just have a chrome bookmark folder filled with music.
his everything
OMG i used to do this all the time when i was addicted to this game
Hydreigon

Patatitta wrote:

Heard of some people doing that
^

i guess it is nice somewhat, but really i just use YT playlists for my music, as there are more features there and one problem with osu is that some of the songs that i like arent mapped, so im forced to use YT anyways.
- Marco -
I sometimes listen to song on osu! and sometimes on Spotify/YT/Local
his everything

- Marco - wrote:

I sometimes listen to song on osu! and sometimes on Spotify/YT/Local
now i'm no longer using osu! as a spotify but a few months ago, it was still a thing lol
Karmine
I've done that a few times but I like having an actual music player and local files.
I also use YouTube for things I don't have locally.
his everything

Karmine wrote:

I've done that a few times but I like having an actual music player and local files.
I also use YouTube for things I don't have locally.
most people use YT as audio streaming platform
Corne2Plum3
I do it sometimes, because unlike Spotify there are no ads and it works offline.
his everything

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

I do it sometimes, because unlike Spotify there are no ads and it works offline.
uBlock Origins exist
WitherMite
osu is closer to just having a folder with the song files in it than a streaming platform, maps all come with an actual audio file you download.

you just dont have to go to the effort of "acquiring" them yourself
Espionage724
Nah, if I like a song from osu! I rip it from the osz and toss it in an assorted music folder of other random songs.
[-Omni-]
if you go to the editor in the song u like to play, you can go to the song folder and get the mp3 file there
NitroZz
Only from time to time, but happy to see that I'm not the only crazy one doing it
his everything

[-Omni-] wrote:

if you go to the editor in the song u like to play, you can go to the song folder and get the mp3 file there
better create some collections as playlists so you can play your fav songs from the menu
NitroZz

Anaxii wrote:

[-Omni-] wrote:

better create some collections as playlists so you can play your fav songs from the menu
Yes, because the sound of PP farm maps is not amazing
his everything

NitroZz wrote:

Anaxii wrote:

[-Omni-] wrote:

Yes, because the sound of PP farm maps is not amazing
exactly
gnm
samee
show more