Total Posts
show more
emajakolic

Patatitta wrote:

emajakolic wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

emajakolic wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

playing horace, i'm not liking it but honestly it's so amusing i'm going to keep going
fuck yes
honestly I would like why do you love this game so much lmao
I liked the story and loved the gameplay it gets harder and harder xD
yeah, but there are games that do all of those things toom, so why is this one in specific so good
it was the one I enjoyed the most so far
Topic Starter
Patatitta
I just realized that I think I forgot to update the tierlist with murder drones?, i'm going to fix it
Topic Starter
Patatitta
Horace (Dropped)

acutally nope, cant do this, i've gotten to the finale of chapter 6, apparently there are 22 chapters, this game is awful in every single way

Horace is a 2d platformer about a robot built by a family tasked with cleaning a milion thrash pieces, but the general plot is that the robot runs around and helps people, the story is told via narration from microsoft sam, all of the dialogue happens in prerendered cutscenes which are just basically the scenary you're in but with random zooms

While i'm fine with the narration, I dislike the prerendered cutscenes thing as it doesn't allow me to read the story and progress it at my own pace. In nearly every videogame ever created, when there is dialogue, it will slowly show on screen, having an effect where it's written on screen, however, if you want to that text to advance fast, you can either change the text speed in settings, or, when a dialogue is being written on screen, you can click on it to make it instantly jump torwards the very end of the animation, after that, another click will change the dialogue to the next, if there is a voiceover it will cut of and it will start the next line

Problem with the prerendered cutscenes is that they remove that freedom the player has of reading the texts at their own pace, and given the high quantities of dialogue this game has, that's a feature that you very much end up wishing it existed

Now, that's not the only problem the cinematics have, let's say for example you had a room with two lasers, and you wanted to make a cinematic of those lasers deactivating, how would you do it?, personally, I would show the whole screen, the two lasers both visible, and show them both deactivating at the same time with a sound effect that indicates hey they have deactivated, what this game does is that it focus on one laser, after half a second it deactivates, it stays on that laser for another half a second, then it moves to the next laser and repeats. That combined with the dialogue, the game cutscenes feel like they're wasting your time on purpouse

The last problem I've had with the cinematics is that they often trigger late, like, you pass over the trigger, and then it takes like 2 full seconds for the cinematic to trigger

The actual story is fine, nothing had really happened so far, but there are a couple of inconsistencies and plot holes in the story so far, mainly, the character is only a robot when it interests the plot, for example, there is a scene where the protagonist is shown television, and it watches a lot of movies, this is later reinforced later by making a star wars references, showing that it has learned a little bit about pop culture and stuff, however, they still don't know what the word "rescue" meant.

1- This would be ingrained in the dictionary attached with the language module of the robot
2- Even if you didn't, you would have learnt it by watching movies.

Like, it makes no sense why the robot doesn't know what rescue is, othe rthan the game going "remember it is a robot it's quirky"

This type of inconsistencies and overall lack of polish is shown everywhere in the game, for example, a game mechanic is that touching a wall will change your gravity to the direction of that wall, thing is, if you touch a ceiling and then fall off the map, while still having that upwards gravity, you will see a small cutscene of the robot falling out of the planet, this makes sense, (my only complaint here is that you cant skip the cutscene so if you fail a jump multiple times you always have to sit down and watch the 5 second cutscene which is annoying). The problem is that it turns out that this cinematic isn't tied to the act of falling upwards in an open air map, it's appied to everywhere out of bounds.

There is a segment of the game where there are multiple signs, each one going "ohhh there is nothing in this direction", and if you keep going, like the stairs in lisa, there is nothing at the end, well, there is large quantity of spikes that harm you. When I found that I had 2 shields, meaning, I could damage boost through it, and I did so, and I expected to find a secret, an easter egg of some sort maybe, what happened is that the falling out of the earth cutscene triggered

You can say that last one is a nitpick, as it doesn't really affect the gameplay outside that one fringe scenario, but then we have the stealth segment. This game has infinite lifes, and it tries to explain that in universe with "the lazarus chip", something that allows the robot to basically restart a zone after it crashes and dies. Everything resets, cycles reset, your shields reset, your position resets, time resets, the only thing that don't resets it's the colectables for QoL reasons, turns out, something that doesn't reset is your alert status, so if you get caught and die because of it, after you respawn, alert is still up

How do you clear the alert?, well, in most stealth games is just hiding from view, as long as they don't see you, alert will go down, this game usually offer some sort of hiding place such as lockers, this just helps you not gettign seen, but they're not mechanically needed. In this game, you can wait for 20 minutes without anyone sees you, the alert isn't going away, it's only if you get in a hiding spot that the alert will go down

the gameplay in general suck, mainly because the controls suck, first of all, even if this is an indie game only released for PC, it basically has no keybord support. When you play any videogame and you're in a tutorial, some text will usually come on screen that says press x button to do y, if you're using a controller it will show you a controller button, and if you're using kb it will show a key, in fact, if you are in a part of the game where there is a prompt like that, and you plug a controller or click with the mouse after having used a controller you can see that button prompt change live

In this game, those prompts are hard-coded to be controller only, so it won't display what keys to press in keyboard, also, the keyboard default controls are awful. I'm playing with an xbox controller, this is also what the prompts show, the xbox controller has 4 main buttons, A B X Y, the way the keyboard is mapped is to literally copy the letter, so to press the equivalent of the Y button in the xbox controler you would have to press the Y key in the keyboard, this is fucking insane.

Thing is, even if you're using a controller, the game still doesn't fucking work, many times the game will just stop detecting the run imput or won't really react to you pressing a button or direction, it's not responsive at all and a lot of deaths feel unfair

another element that helps death feeling unfair is the hitboxes being awful, actually being bigger than the sprite

There is a small race segment, and in all racing games or games with car, or any game with any sort of control scheme in general, the speed the character movies is determined by how deep you're pushing the joystick, so if you only push it slightly you will move very slowly and if you go all in it will be like pressing it down into a keyboard, this game doesn't have that graduality.

Also the timer of total time played doesn't count cutscenes?, this is significant since there are a lot of cutscenes.

Also power ups have a time limit which is variable yet no indication of how much power up is left

Also whenever you stop moving to try to be more precise with a jump or something the screen IMMEDIATLY starts zooming to the protagonist

The entire screen flips when you change gravity instead of just changing gravity, something that is very head-ache producing

this game is just truly one of the worst videogames i've ever played, I don't know how they fucked up so much, like these are things that even YIIK nails for the love of god, I want to know what do you see in this game since this just feels like thrash

it's awful, just, awful, placed in how could you do this to me
emajakolic

Patatitta wrote:

Horace (Dropped)

acutally nope, cant do this, i've gotten to the finale of chapter 6, apparently there are 22 chapters, this game is awful in every single way

Horace is a 2d platformer about a robot built by a family tasked with cleaning a milion thrash pieces, but the general plot is that the robot runs around and helps people, the story is told via narration from microsoft sam, all of the dialogue happens in prerendered cutscenes which are just basically the scenary you're in but with random zooms

While i'm fine with the narration, I dislike the prerendered cutscenes thing as it doesn't allow me to read the story and progress it at my own pace. In nearly every videogame ever created, when there is dialogue, it will slowly show on screen, having an effect where it's written on screen, however, if you want to that text to advance fast, you can either change the text speed in settings, or, when a dialogue is being written on screen, you can click on it to make it instantly jump torwards the very end of the animation, after that, another click will change the dialogue to the next, if there is a voiceover it will cut of and it will start the next line

Problem with the prerendered cutscenes is that they remove that freedom the player has of reading the texts at their own pace, and given the high quantities of dialogue this game has, that's a feature that you very much end up wishing it existed

Now, that's not the only problem the cinematics have, let's say for example you had a room with two lasers, and you wanted to make a cinematic of those lasers deactivating, how would you do it?, personally, I would show the whole screen, the two lasers both visible, and show them both deactivating at the same time with a sound effect that indicates hey they have deactivated, what this game does is that it focus on one laser, after half a second it deactivates, it stays on that laser for another half a second, then it moves to the next laser and repeats. That combined with the dialogue, the game cutscenes feel like they're wasting your time on purpouse

The last problem I've had with the cinematics is that they often trigger late, like, you pass over the trigger, and then it takes like 2 full seconds for the cinematic to trigger

The actual story is fine, nothing had really happened so far, but there are a couple of inconsistencies and plot holes in the story so far, mainly, the character is only a robot when it interests the plot, for example, there is a scene where the protagonist is shown television, and it watches a lot of movies, this is later reinforced later by making a star wars references, showing that it has learned a little bit about pop culture and stuff, however, they still don't know what the word "rescue" meant.

1- This would be ingrained in the dictionary attached with the language module of the robot

Like, it makes no sense why the robot doesn't know what rescue is, othe rthan the game going "remember it is a robot it's quirky"

This type of inconsistencies and overall lack of polish is shown everywhere in the game, for example, a game mechanic is that touching a wall will change your gravity to the direction of that wall, thing is, if you touch a ceiling and then fall off the map, while still having that upwards gravity, you will see a small cutscene of the robot falling out of the planet, this makes sense, (my only complaint here is that you cant skip the cutscene so if you fail a jump multiple times you always have to sit down and watch the 5 second cutscene which is annoying). The problem is that it turns out that this cinematic isn't tied to the act of falling upwards in an open air map, it's appied to everywhere out of bounds.

There is a segment of the game where there are multiple signs, each one going "ohhh there is nothing in this direction", and if you keep going, like the stairs in lisa, there is nothing at the end, well, there is large quantity of spikes that harm you. When I found that I had 2 shields, meaning, I could damage boost through it, and I did so, and I expected to find a secret, an easter egg of some sort maybe, what happened is that the falling out of the earth cutscene triggered

You can say that last one is a nitpick, as it doesn't really affect the gameplay outside that one fringe scenario, but then we have the stealth segment. This game has infinite lifes, and it tries to explain that in universe with "the lazarus chip", something that allows the robot to basically restart a zone after it crashes and dies. Everything resets, cycles reset, your shields reset, your position resets, time resets, the only thing that don't resets it's the colectables for QoL reasons, turns out, something that doesn't reset is your alert status, so if you get caught and die because of it, after you respawn, alert is still up

How do you clear the alert?, well, in most stealth games is just hiding from view, as long as they don't see you, alert will go down, this game usually offer some sort of hiding place such as lockers, this just helps you not gettign seen, but they're not mechanically needed. In this game, you can wait for 20 minutes without anyone sees you, the alert isn't going away, it's only if you get in a hiding spot that the alert will go down

the gameplay in general suck, mainly because the controls suck, first of all, even if this is an indie game only released for PC, it basically has no keybord support. When you play any videogame and you're in a tutorial, some text will usually come on screen that says press x button to do y, if you're using a controller it will show you a controller button, and if you're using kb it will show a key, in fact, if you are in a part of the game where there is a prompt like that, and you plug a controller or click with the mouse after having used a controller you can see that button prompt change live

In this game, those prompts are hard-coded to be controller only, so it won't display what keys to press in keyboard, also, the keyboard default controls are awful. I'm playing with an xbox controller, this is also what the prompts show, the xbox controller has 4 main buttons, A B X Y, the way the keyboard is mapped is to literally copy the letter, so to press the equivalent of the Y button in the xbox controler you would have to press the Y key in the keyboard, this is fucking insane.

Thing is, even if you're using a controller, the game still doesn't fucking work, many times the game will just stop detecting the run imput or won't really react to you pressing a button or direction, it's not responsive at all and a lot of deaths feel unfair

another element that helps death feeling unfair is the hitboxes being awful, actually being bigger than the sprite

There is a small race segment, and in all racing games or games with car, or any game with any sort of control scheme in general, the speed the character movies is determined by how deep you're pushing the joystick, so if you only push it slightly you will move very slowly and if you go all in it will be like pressing it down into a keyboard, this game doesn't have that graduality.

Also the timer of total time played doesn't count cutscenes?, this is significant since there are a lot of cutscenes.

Also power ups have a time limit which is variable yet no indication of how much power up is left

Also whenever you stop moving to try to be more precise with a jump or something the screen IMMEDIATLY starts zooming to the protagonist

The entire screen flips when you change gravity instead of just changing gravity, something that is very head-ache producing

this game is just truly one of the worst videogames i've ever played, I don't know how they fucked up so much, like these are things that even YIIK nails for the love of god, I want to know what do you see in this game since this just feels like thrash

ah fuck thats sad

well im sorry for teling you to play that I personally just liked it lmfao

I got other good games tho (games I think you'd like, they arent indie btw) but they take WAY more than 8 hours
Topic Starter
Patatitta

emajakolic wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Horace (Dropped)

ah fuck thats sad

I got other good games tho (games I think you'd like, they arent indie btw) but they take WAY more than 8 hours
but yeah, i'm curious, didn't you face any of those thousands of bugs or control problems or plot holes on your playthrough?
emajakolic

Patatitta wrote:

emajakolic wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Horace (Dropped)

ah fuck thats sad

but yeah, i'm curious, didn't you face any of those thousands of bugs or control problems or plot holes on your playthrough?
tbh no I didnt like it went fine
Rezq Gokou
Has anyone mentioned Oreimo yet?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Rezq Gokou wrote:

nope
abraker
Review The Giver
Topic Starter
Patatitta

abraker wrote:

Review The Giver
This?
abraker

Patatitta wrote:

abraker wrote:

Review The Giver
This?
The book

Topic Starter
Patatitta

abraker wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

abraker wrote:

Review The Giver
This?
The book

will leave in limbo rn, starting school in a few days idk if I will have the time or not
Rezq Gokou

Patatitta wrote:

Rezq Gokou wrote:

nope
aight, rate it
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Rezq Gokou wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Rezq Gokou wrote:

nope
aight, rate it
I assume you mean the anime right?
Topic Starter
Patatitta
oreimo (dropped)

-----------------

i'm absolutely not doing the incest lolicon anime
Rezq Gokou
expected
reffty_gag
Watch AnoHana (the anime series, 2011)
DM FOR MUTUAL

reffty_gag wrote:

I wanna start guessing what rating you'll give stuff I know

I'm gonna guess A
Topic Starter
Patatitta

reffty_gag wrote:

already watched did do later
DM FOR MUTUAL
Kinda crazy no-one's requested Evangelion yet, so I'll request it now

(For the 0.0001% chance you haven't watched it, watch the series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" first, then the movie "The End Of Evangelion")

My guess for your rating is B, and here's my thought process:

I feel like Evangelion moreso than a lot of other pieces of media/art generates a lot of different opinions, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised you giving it literally any tier except maybe "How could you ever do this to me".

I think one of the biggest reasons for this is that it feels like a very "holey" piece of art, like you can very easily poke a lot of holes in it and criticize and dislike many different aspects, and I feel like you'd be the type of guy to jump at these holes.

Next is that idk you don't seem very depressed? Internet armchair psychoanalysis right in front of the person in question's face aside, I feel like the enjoyment of Evangelion mostly hinges on the fact that it's about depression and other related negative emotions, and a person's response to what the anime is trying to say is going to be a major factor in how much they liked it. Not saying you need to be depressed to feel like the depression stuff is cool, but there's probably a correlation because it's easier to sympathise with the content of the anime the more you've experienced it yourself.

I feel like it won't be a super low rating though, like you seem to really appreciate the finer artistry in things, like how you can go off about a single page in Land of the Lustrous or Witch Hat Atelier, and I'm guessing this stuff is going to be a positive unless you really hate everything else to the point that this artistry isn't appreciable instead of just finding it just mid or vaguely interesting. When I was watching it I specifically remember there being a lot of cool shots and imagery, and that was a big part of my enjoyment of this series, but also that might've just been me trying to engage with this show a bit more than other anime because apparently this was supposed to be an epic big brain anime or something.

And in the end you seem to be the type of guy to go against popular opinion on a fair amount of things, and like the least hot hot take about anime in terms of how much it's said is that Evangelion is mid.

So my guess is B

Surely S tier though 🙏, I love Evangelion
Topic Starter
Patatitta

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

Kinda crazy no-one's requested Evangelion yet, so I'll request it now

(For the 0.0001% chance you haven't watched it, watch the series "Neon Genesis Evangelion" first, then the movie "The End Of Evangelion")

My guess for your rating is B, and here's my thought process:

I feel like Evangelion moreso than a lot of other pieces of media/art generates a lot of different opinions, so honestly I wouldn't be surprised you giving it literally any tier except maybe "How could you ever do this to me".

I think one of the biggest reasons for this is that it feels like a very "holey" piece of art, like you can very easily poke a lot of holes in it and criticize and dislike many different aspects, and I feel like you'd be the type of guy to jump at these holes.

Next is that idk you don't seem very depressed? Internet armchair psychoanalysis right in front of the person in question's face aside, I feel like the enjoyment of Evangelion mostly hinges on the fact that it's about depression and other related negative emotions, and a person's response to what the anime is trying to say is going to be a major factor in how much they liked it. Not saying you need to be depressed to feel like the depression stuff is cool, but there's probably a correlation because it's easier to sympathise with the content of the anime the more you've experienced it yourself.

I feel like it won't be a super low rating though, like you seem to really appreciate the finer artistry in things, like how you can go off about a single page in Land of the Lustrous or Witch Hat Atelier, and I'm guessing this stuff is going to be a positive unless you really hate everything else to the point that this artistry isn't appreciable instead of just finding it just mid or vaguely interesting. When I was watching it I specifically remember there being a lot of cool shots and imagery, and that was a big part of my enjoyment of this series, but also that might've just been me trying to engage with this show a bit more than other anime because apparently this was supposed to be an epic big brain anime or something.

And in the end you seem to be the type of guy to go against popular opinion on a fair amount of things, and like the least hot hot take about anime in terms of how much it's said is that Evangelion is mid.

So my guess is B

Surely S tier though 🙏, I love Evangelion
i've seen it, I have a lot of opinions about it, but it's not because of what you've written
Rezq Gokou
I was just joking about Oreimo. Rate Yakuza 0 or if you can't because too long rate A Space for the Unbound
Topic Starter
Patatitta
Anohana:

It's a pretty sad and emotional anime about a group of friends who see the ghost out of someone who used to be part of the group of friends, I enjoyed it

I'm a little bit blurry on it since I watched it quite some time ago, but, while it generally doesn't do anything too groundbreaking, it is very much enjoyable, not the most emotional, but it does kinda get to you

A thing I like about this anime compared to the other animes and games that have come out since then which are also about copign with the death of someone is that no one in anohana is really an asshole?, like, yes, they're affected by it, but it's clear that everyone has almost moved on, there are still underground, subconcious damage which is what the anime is focused on, buit it's not like you would see in omori of the changes being radical

A thing that anohana also has that other animes of this type really do is that focus on social relationship and if well, they actually trust the protagonist on that they ahve seen the ghost, because there are characters in this movie that will choose to act like they believe the protagonist even if they don't just to try to help them, and I think the exploration of that is neat

outside that, yeah, nothing anohana does is something I haven't already talked about in this thread

still pretty good

edit: honestly i've been thinking around it more, and I think it's also important that the character that dies or whatever is moe, because if it isn't moe and it's instead kind of an lovable asshole it just doesn't hit the same

placed on A rank

--------------------------------------------

Evangelion

Evangelion is a good anime, let's get that out first, however, there are certain things that I'm slightly mad about

First of all, evangelion, the original 24 episode anime is FULLY a mecha anime, it's not like "oh they subvert your thoughts about mechas" no the fuck that doesn't happen, original evangelion is big robots battling weird space things, and there is nothing wrong with that, while I don't think action is the most exciting, the characters have solid writing and I think the small moments of comedy go a long way

thing is, the last 4 chapters or so are a total mess?, they kinda completely change the focus of the anime and go deep into very psychological abstract storytelling which is something that while it is very popular today, it wasn't as popular back in the day, problem is that the ending was VERY unsatisfactory, it didn't really resolve the plotlines it had in a meaningful way, the animation quality suffered due to low budget, it was by all means a pretty bad ending, it was a badly done genre switch

you may see "oh well there were actually a bit of foreshadowing indicating that the anime was going to go that direction", this is missing the point. Let's say you were a mecha anime fan, you love gundam, you've even seen the previous anime of hideaki anno, gunbusters, and they make a new mecha anime, and you watch it expecting well a mecha anime, and under that context, under that lenses, there is no forshadowing, as that foreshadowing only exists if you're seeing it under a psychological anime lens

but let's say you were going to watch it as a psychological anime, now you have to basically watch 20 episodes of a mecha anime that you just don't really care about

after the release of evangelion, hideaki anno reportedly saw the ending again, and actually went "oh wait shit this doesn't work", and made the movie the end of evangelion to try to fix it

the end of evangelion is fine, I enjoyed it, it just really expands the ending with some pretty good cinematography and makes it actually easy to understand to general audiences, the movie was a success, people were happy with it, but evangelion still wasn't the best anime it could be, because while yes, that ending was fairly good and strong, the anime suffered from having 20 episodes of mechas fighting

Thing is, today, original evangelion has a reputation that I would go as far to say as it's undeserved. Currently the way evangelion is seen is "oh you're not smart enough to understand the end of evangelion", a lot of the fame evangelion has, (at least in spanish/speaking internet) it's that it's a extremely complex deeply psychological anime that subvers the mecha genre to do some wack stuff and it's also like extremely difficult to understasnd and not something normies would get

this is nowhere close to reality, evangelion isn't nearly that deep or hard to understand, but it has become the face of an entire part of the anime industry and that is something that we have to live with

Thing is, there is a reason why i'm calling it original evangelion, and that is, because the rebuild movies exist

a complete reimagination of evangelion that fixes the original series by actually managing your expectations properly and having the start and the end actually connect. Yes, the third movie is kinda bad, but i'm sorry, rebuild is just the best form of evangelion full stop, 4.0 is WAY better than the end evangelion

yet, you barely see any discussion of rebuild compared to discussion of the original anime, even you requested the original anime instead of the directly superior version, and that is, because the rebuild movies after the release of 4.0 don't really have that same reputation?

4.0 is a really easy movie to understand. It's still clearly has that mecha anime ADN but the psychological elements are introduced in way less dissonant way with way better animation and an ending that is WAY better IMO.

It's just, for a psychological anime, I think the discussions surrounding it are very superficial, at least for the original anime, it's like lain, the discussions surrounding lain are never about well, what the anime actually has to say but more the aesthetics and culture surrounding that anime

thing is, evangelion isn't even the best thing hideaki anno has done. He has other movies and animes (wow shocking I know), and like, ritual is better than original evangelion and I think it's around equal to 4.0 and that movie also has shinji iwai as one of the protagonists and honestly I don't think he was even acting he is just like that

Placed rebuild in A rank, placed original/end of evangelion in B rank.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Rezq Gokou wrote:

I was just joking about Oreimo. Rate Yakuza 0 or if you can't because too long rate A Space for the Unbound
already did a space for the unbound, check in the main thread, for yakuza 0, I will do later as I have already beaten that game (alon with the rest of the yakuza franchise with the exception of infinite wealth and some spinoffs like ishin or lost judgement)
Topic Starter
Patatitta
actually doing it now because if not then I would have to update the tierlist twice and I feel more lazy thinking about having to open photoshop twice than taking more time of my day rn

---------------------------------

Yakuza 0

banger game and a banger franchise

Yakuza 0 is the second best yakuza game, and one of the three yakuza games I would consider to be peak (Like a dragon > zero > the man who erased his name)

Yakuza is a dated franchise, kiwami 1 and 2 aren't the best feeling games and 3-4 are kinda painful to play, what yakuza 0 offered is a way better entrypoint to the franchise and also to expand the franchise to the west

The gameplay of yakuza 0 isn't the most special, it has some pretty nice beat em up combat that works and it's fun, but it's neither the focus or what it does best, instead, yakuza 0 has two banger elements, and that is the story, and the minigames.

Generally, every yakuza game has a banger plot, it's the franchise strongest point, majime and kiryu are just fucking amazing, they're just really nice individuals placed in really awful situations that really humanizes them, the cinematics are fucking incredible and it's just amazing from start to end, probably my favourite gangster story even above things like the godfather

and now, the minigames. A lot of open world games have minigames, but honestly in most games they just feel like filler, a way to maybe pad the runtime or make the game feel bigger, like even in gta, the minigames are pretty basic and boring, however the minigames in yakuza are all sick as fuck. They have a lot more love put into it than any other game and they're often so over the top that you just want to keep advanding in the minigames see what happens

also, later in the franchise, the minigames start actually giving real gameplay advantages so it's even more encouraged to play it

on a similar note you have the sidequests, while the main plot is very grim, the sidequests, just like the mingames are very silly and honestly just comedy pieces, and as i've said in the past, we need more comedy in videogames

so yeah, A rank.
DM FOR MUTUAL
damn I guessed both ratings correctly

Yeah evangelion goes off the rails in the end and it is a common criticism of eva. Although personally those episodes were something I really enjoyed. It's not conventional, they were meant to be more normal, but through the limitations of what was going on irl, they were able to birth really interesting and powerful art from it. A lot of my enjoyment came from the fact that it's so messy, the messyness makes it feel so raw and makes everything feel as fucked up as the characters are feeling. I'd go as far to say the last two episodes are my two favourite episodes even though they are literally just a slideshow with the type of philosophical self-introspection you do while pacing around in your room at 2 in the morning.

Wrote a whole paragraph here but I realised I was just agreeing with you so I deleted it

Haven't watched the rebuild movies but I really want to so I didn't read what you said about the rebuild movies
Topic Starter
Patatitta

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

Yeah evangelion goes off the rails in the end and it is a common criticism of eva. Although personally those episodes were something I really enjoyed. It's not conventional, they were meant to be more normal, but through the limitations of what was going on irl, they were able to birth really interesting and powerful art from it. A lot of my enjoyment came from the fact that it's so messy, the messyness makes it feel so raw and makes everything feel as fucked up as the characters are feeling. I'd go as far to say the last two episodes are my two favourite episodes even though they are literally just a slideshow with the type of philosophical self-introspection you do while pacing around in your room at 2 in the morning.

Wrote a whole paragraph here but I realised I was just agreeing with you so I deleted it

Haven't watched the rebuild movies but I really want to so I didn't read what you said about the rebuild movies
idk, I just think that there are way better psychological anime out there and the reputation evangelion has isn't really deseved
DM FOR MUTUAL

Patatitta wrote:

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

idk, I just think that there are way better psychological anime out there and the reputation evangelion has isn't really deseved
I agree with the reputation thing, it feels really overhyped when there's so many people out there that don't think it's the greatest thing ever like you, and yeah it's not that deep or hard to understand, like it's plenty deep but it feels like the deepest thing ever because the deepness is really in-your-face, and the reason it feels hard to understand because it just abandoned being a conventional mecha anime and decided to be as mind-breaky as possible, even though what it's actually trying to say is easy to pick up on with how in-your-face it is. What even is deepness, is it just a piece of art trying to explore profound ideas?
Nuuskamuikkunen
Cipher the Video plz
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Cipher the Video plz
sure
Ymir
Hotline Miami
Jangsoodlor
how tf this thread gets 11k views
Corne2Plum3

Jangsoodlor wrote:

how tf this thread gets 11k views
It's almost every time on the first page for 11 months
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Ymir wrote:

Hotline Miami
i've already beaten it but not the type of game I play for this thread, still good game don't get me wrong
Reyalp51
You know what im doing it im requesting my lesbian experience with lonliness, super quick to read and i want to know what do you think about the first half
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Reyalp51 wrote:

You know what im doing it im requesting my lesbian experience with lonliness, super quick to read and i want to know what do you think about the first half
yeah sure
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Cipher the Video plz
----

I have no clue what I just watched

this is an "adaptation" of the 80's shoujo manga cipher except it is not and instead it's like a really long music video (26 mins) with like a 5 minute long typical sitcom intro in the middle before it goes back to fucking kenny loggins

nothing of this made any sense at all, it feels like something you would see as a fan project nowadays, I have no clue what to say about this

placed in D rank
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Cipher the Video plz
----

this is an "adaptation" of the 80's shoujo manga cipher except it is not and instead it's like a really long music video (26 mins) with like a 5 minute long typical sitcom intro in the middle before it goes back to fucking kenny loggins

nothing of this made any sense at all, it feels like something you would see as a fan project nowadays, I have no clue what to say about this

placed in D rank
Why is it in D.
Why is it so high.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Nuuskamuikkunen wrote:

Cipher the Video plz
----

placed in D rank
Why is it in D.
Why is it so high.
idk not painful to watch
Topic Starter
Patatitta
my lesbian experience with loneliness

My lesbian experience with loneliness is the true story of a woman with mental illness struggling with life who ends up hiring a lesbian prostitute

I can't really write this in the same way I write everything else on here, this is a true story, I can't say "oh I think whatever of the art" it's just not right, it's a really heavy story, that makes you think, honestly you will probably be a better human being after reading this, it's a really hard and complex topic that you really have to be VERY careful with

I don't know man I think it's good and i'm really thinking hard about shit rn, it's only 1 volume, if anyone is interested please rated

placed in not rated because no way i'm putting this on the tier list
Reyalp51

Patatitta wrote:

My lesbian experience with loneliness is the true story of a woman with mental illness struggling with life who ends up hiring a lesbian prostitute

I can't really write this in the same way I write everything else on here, this is a true story, I can't say "oh I think whatever of the art" it's just not right, it's a really heavy story, that makes you think, honestly you will probably be a better human being after reading this, it's a really hard and complex topic that you really have to be VERY careful with

I don't know man I think it's good and i'm really thinking hard about shit rn, it's only 1 volume, if anyone is interested please rated

hahaha i see i had the same feeling when i read yomawari sensei and this, glad you apreciated it too
Nyzhenets
Mekakucity Actors (anime)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Nyzhenets wrote:

Mekakucity Actors (anime)
sure
npc_BeaniCraft
Pikmin 1 (game)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

npc_BeaniCraft wrote:

Pikmin 1 (game)
not the type of game I do for this thread
igorsprite

Patatitta wrote:

the most interesting ones you don't rate :(
Topic Starter
Patatitta

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

have you read it
igorsprite

Patatitta wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

have you read it
the story?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

have you read it
the story?
the manga yeah
npc_BeaniCraft

Patatitta wrote:

npc_BeaniCraft wrote:

Pikmin 1 (game)
not the type of game I do for this thread
ah, okay
igorsprite

Patatitta wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

have you read it
the story?
the manga yeah
i read it when i was younger so i don't remember anything, just that i liked the story. i would give it an A (maybe an S if i read it again) because the story was good enough to leave a good impression on me, even though i don't remember any details lol. true stories have always fascinated me because they are that, true. for that reason alone they surpass any fiction xd.

when i was a kid i heard a story about a couple who killed people and started selling their meat on the street for people to eat, but this couple hid the meat inside street food so no one would notice, and people liked the taste even though they found it a little strange. when the police arrested this couple and people found out through the newspaper, the city went years without eating street food. after i heard this story the world became more interesting to me because i didn't imagine that these things could happen in real life.

btw, rating true stories is not about criticizing the fact, but how the story was told and how it affected you. if "My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness" was a youtube video, it wouldn't have the same impact on you as a manga.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

igorsprite wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

have you read it
the story?
the manga yeah
i read it when i was younger so i don't remember anything, just that i liked the story. i would give it an A (maybe an S if i read it again) because the story was good enough to leave a good impression on me, even though i don't remember any details lol. true stories have always fascinated me because they are that, true. for that reason alone they surpass any fiction xd.

when i was a kid i heard a story about a couple who killed people and started selling their meat on the street for people to eat, but this couple hid the meat inside street food so no one would notice, and people liked the taste even though they found it a little strange. when the police arrested this couple and people found out through the newspaper, the city went years without eating street food. after i heard this story the world became more interesting to me because i didn't imagine that these things could happen in real life.

btw, rating true stories is not about criticizing the fact, but how the story was told and how it affected you. if "My Lesbian Experience with Loneliness" was a youtube video, it wouldn't have the same impact on you as a manga.
I think there is a bit more nuance to it, yes, I agree there are better and worse ways to rate a true story, but given how personal the manga is and how the topics it covers are very delicate and hard to speak about, I just prefeer not to rate it