Patatitta's analysis corner

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MrMcMikey22 wrote:

Wait what about Rahul Titan?

Did you blacklist it or did you completely forget about that one?

I wanna request Rahul Titan next...

It'd be a tiny-bit interesting to see your review.
forgot, but just saw it as it's like 3 minutes long, this feels like a fanmade south park short, nothing to say, wont add to the tier list or list
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Corpse Bride

it's alright

pretty famous stop motion animation movie by tim burton. The plot is about a man that accidently marries a corpse, the entire movie revolves around the typical story of "oh what if you couldn't marry the person you loved", there isn't any real new nuance to it.

The movie is also a musical, the songs achieve their goal. They tell the plot properly and they're in fact songs, however, there wasn't any song that impacted me or whatever, the music is just fine

The actual aesthetic of the movie and character design are pretty on point. It's a movie that has a very unique look. It also takes advantage of the fact that it's an animated movie and makes the shape of the characters all pretty different. ALl the characters are easily recognaisable which is always good. What I will point out it's that I find it pretty funny that even the female skeletons have their chest covered like if they had bone titties, honestly, accidental comedy.

this is not really an ambitious movie or anything that tries too hard, but it's still an enjoyable watch regardless

placed on B tier

glad you enjoyed it! if you'd like, you can do coraline or nightmare before christmas aswell! depends on which one you wanna watch :3
you really like your halloween movies huh
yessir!!
Topic Starter
Patatitta
finished Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!

I have opinions

This is a weird 90's OVA. And I personally didn't really enjoy it too much. The story is about a girl that travels back in time and goes to live with their ancestors. After that, the family starts to collapse and the space police gets involved.

This feels less of an anime and more of a theater play. There is very little actual animation or movement. Most of the shots are static shots of the characters looking at the camera. And a lof of the time, instead of actually doing any action, they are either repeating what happened in a previous chapter or just saying some other thing

The actual story is fine, but I think that there are a lot of scenes that really just makes the anime drag. For example, each chapter (with the exclusion of the last one) starts with a fake documentary, that while it is funny. I don't see it contributing much to the actual anime

I don't really have much else to say, I finished it but I didn't really quite get into it

---

next: samurai champloo

i'm close to finishing song of the long march
have yet to start danganronla lmao sorry blame balatro
Nuuskamuikkunen

Patatitta wrote:

finished Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai!

I have opinions

This is a weird 90's OVA. And I personally didn't really enjoy it too much. The story is about a girl that travels back in time and goes to live with their ancestors. After that, the family starts to collapse and the space police gets involved.

This feels less of an anime and more of a theater play. There is very little actual animation or movement. Most of the shots are static shots of the characters looking at the camera. And a lof of the time, instead of actually doing any action, they are either repeating what happened in a previous chapter or just saying some other thing

The actual story is fine, but I think that there are a lot of scenes that really just makes the anime drag. For example, each chapter (with the exclusion of the last one) starts with a fake documentary, that while it is funny. I don't see it contributing much to the actual anime

I don't really have much else to say, I finished it but I didn't really quite get into it

---

next: samurai champloo

i'm close to finishing song of the long march
have yet to start danganronla lmao sorry blame balatro
The mockumentaries in the beginning are mostly a foreshadowing on what is going to happen or a metaphor to analyze what are the characters doing. Take in the first episode:
SPOILER
The cockoo is a metaphor for what Maroko was going to do to the family, she infiltrated in there and was the cause why the family collapsed, taking each egg out of the nest, just like Maroko managed to leave behind each member of the family on each episode.

Also yeah recommended it because of the unusualness factor, while I did enjoy the interactions and the quirky dialogue, as well as the wtf factor that the overall anime had. I can agree that the pacing is quite slow and not for everyone, but there was summary movie that lasts like 70% of what the story which I think I should have recommended instead but I don't recommend stuff I haven't watched even if I know the story.
Topic Starter
Patatitta
song of the long march:

This is a fairly famous manhua. It's about this girl, who is part of the elite of society, who gets caught in a war. It's a mix of interpersonal drama and military strategy.

The panel structure is overall standard, but during the first 20 chapters or so, you had the 3-gatsu no lion black lines, which I appreciate seeing. For those who hasn't read 3-gatsu no lion (everyone reading this). I mean this (screenshot from 3-gatsu since I don't remember in which chapters this appeared in song of the long march)

you have two active conversations going on at the same time, the ones happening in the actual patterns, and then, the narration happening in the black rectangles. However, this concept gets droppead really early on and afterwards everything in terms of art and structure is pre3tty standard

honestly I don't have much to say about this. It doesn't really to do anything crazy or whatever, it's just a pretty normal manhua all things considered

also as far as I know this manga is on hold with no signs of returning
Fat Fish Pete
My requests pls

The Familiar of zero (Anime)
Plastic Memories (Anime)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Fat Fish Pete wrote:

My requests pls

Plastic Memories (Anime)
added to the list

btw forgot to add the previous two to the tier list, both are c tier
Fat Fish Pete

Patatitta wrote:

Fat Fish Pete wrote:

My requests pls

Plastic Memories (Anime)
added to the list

crap I forgot to add

Jigoku Shoujo/Hell Girl (Anime)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Fat Fish Pete wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Fat Fish Pete wrote:

My requests pls

Plastic Memories (Anime)
added to the list

crap I forgot to add

Jigoku Shoujo/Hell Girl (Anime)
added
MaxIsABigKaiju
Wonder how you’d react to Dodonpachi (Any game in the series is fine, but preferably Dodonpachi Resurrection or Dodonpachi 1997)
MaxIsABigKaiju
Bump
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

Wonder how you’d react to Dodonpachi (Any game in the series is fine, but preferably Dodonpachi Resurrection or Dodonpachi 1997)
yeah I can do so, but it will take a while since currently i'm focused on other things
Topic Starter
Patatitta
samurai champloo:

this is cowboy bebop but slightly worse

completely episodic anime, even more than cowboy bebop as new we don't get new main characters during the runtime of the anime or whatever. The episodes themselves are pretty simple, none of them are particullary mind-blowing or something I hadn't seen before.

The OST is worse than in cowboy bebop, I don't like that rap/beatbox style they went for on this anime. I also think the characters have less chemistry than on cowboy bebop

There is a filler chapter at chapter 12 so that is also kinda bad

This anime doesn't really try anything new, and it's just a worse version of another anime that already exists, don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it, but I don't know, it definitively could have been better

placed in C tier

--------

haven't started danganronpa and probably wont for a while
next: coraline
Behrauder
Read this:
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Behrauder wrote:

Read this:
denied
burgernfat
review whatsapp
Topic Starter
Patatitta

burgernfat wrote:

review whatsapp
good but I prefeer the sequel
her everything
Do albums count?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

Do albums count?
nope, I know shit about music
sametdze
when you watch movies for this thread, do you watch the spanish dub or do you watch in full english or do you watch english with spanish sub
Topic Starter
Patatitta

sametdze wrote:

when you watch movies for this thread, do you watch the spanish dub or do you watch in full english or do you watch english with spanish sub
Depends, I normally watch them on original language with english subtitles, mainly, because there are more things with subtitles in english than on spanish and I don't want to keep flipping between languages

Caroline:

it was good, i'm not the demographic tho

halloween movie about this kid that moves and discovers an alternate dimension. The art was good, nothing mindblowing. Like in most western animation, all of the characters are different shapes, this works to make the characters more easily recognisable. Their personalities are also greatly exaggerated, these aren't very well fleshed out characters that really feel humans and there is a lot of nuance to them, most characters just have one or two character trains associated with them, this works because the actual story isn't too complex, and none of the characters are actually hateable or anything like that

As i've said, the story is pretty simple, it honestly follows the formula of all of those stories about someone who walks into the mirror and discovers a different world, there really isn't much to say in terms of plot

This was a enjoyable watch, however, it's not the type of thing i'm personally really into. It isn't particullary ambitious or new, it's good if you just want to watch pretty colors and be entertained for a while, but for me, that's about it. The fact that I watched this only a few days after I watched All About Lily Chou-Chou (my new favourite movie), didn't help either lmao

Placed in C tier

-------------

actually did start danganronpa, downloaded it last night, played 30 minutos, so i'm still basically in the introduction, and so far so good

next: Nightmare before christmas
nightmare before christmas
Reyalp51
danganronpa poggies
Corne2Plum3
Review the 2 firsts chapters ever made in the OT!Library
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

Review the 2 firsts chapters ever made in the OT!Library
I forgot I promised that

there isn't much to say so far in terms of actual plot so far. The actual unedited docs had pretty bad english from both of you, but that's why i'm here, your book seems a lot like a weird furry fanfiction and manishhh seems to go for a more comedy style, both of you write dialogues in this almost theatrical way which is strange to me

it's a start, for sure better than the ot!book IMO

--- the nightmare before christmas ---

turns out I had already seen this movie like it was originally intented, in high school, near the end of the school year, in english class when the teacher just wanted their vacations already so they put a movie and forget about teaching that day, and of course, I didn't pay attention as I was talking with my friends and crushing over girls, not only that, but the movie is like an hour and a half and you normally don't see more than 50 minutes of a movie during a class (because the actual class is an hour long total)

pleasantly surpised about the actual movie tho. I think that in terms of western animated movies this has to be one of the better ones, if not my favourite currently. It uses stop motion, but the fact that it's older than something like corpse bride gives it more charm, since it's even more apparent that it's stop motion. The movie is a musical and the OST is like actually really fucking good, features "this is halloween" like that song is already better than any other song from any animated western musical

the actual plot is very simple, nothing too special about it, it's just that the combination of the art and ost that just creates a really enjoyable movie

placed in B tier

----

played more danganronpa, so far so good

next: The Familiar of zero
Reyalp51
will you make a review for each chapter in danganronpa or just when you finish?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Reyalp51 wrote:

will you make a review for each chapter in danganronpa or just when you finish?
just when I finish the first game, after that I will decide if I want to play the rest or not
Scyla
Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

--- the nightmare before christmas ---

turns out I had already seen this movie like it was originally intented, in high school, near the end of the school year, in english class when the teacher just wanted their vacations already so they put a movie and forget about teaching that day, and of course, I didn't pay attention as I was talking with my friends and crushing over girls, not only that, but the movie is like an hour and a half and you normally don't see more than 50 minutes of a movie during a class (because the actual class is an hour long total)

pleasantly surpised about the actual movie tho. I think that in terms of western animated movies this has to be one of the better ones, if not my favourite currently. It uses stop motion, but the fact that it's older than something like corpse bride gives it more charm, since it's even more apparent that it's stop motion. The movie is a musical and the OST is like actually really fucking good, features "this is halloween" like that song is already better than any other song from any animated western musical

the actual plot is very simple, nothing too special about it, it's just that the combination of the art and ost that just creates a really enjoyable movie

placed in B tier
im glad you liked it!!
Hydreigon

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker
dont forget 50 Shades Freed
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker
I would rather kill myself
lostsilver
ooh, wait you should also review tim burton's edward scissorhands!
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

ooh, wait you should also review tim burton's edward scissorhands!
added to the list
Scyla

Hydreigon wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker
dont forget 50 Shades Freed
Damn, haven't heard of the freed one. Gonna check it

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker
Why? This is a certified classic

The whole American Pie series then
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
Scyla

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
How about Victor Magtangol
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
denied
Scyla

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
denied
Frieren and the seven dwarfs
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
denied
I don't think that was frieren
Scyla

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
denied
It is

How about

Barbie in the Nutcracker
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Scyla wrote:

Can you analyze

50 shades of gray
And 50 shades darker

denied
denied
It is

How about

Barbie in the Nutcracker
honestly that is something that I wouldn't actually really mind that much but denied
show more