1. osu! forums
  2. osu!
  3. Gameplay & Rankings
  4. osu!catch
show more
posted

PakaChan wrote:

Most common PP maps for top500 players, for anyone interested

wow, thats really interesting, but how did you get the data of apperances?
posted

Kingkevin30 wrote:

wow, thats really interesting, but how did you get the data of apperances?
Wrote some code,requested ~1500 pages from the site, put them in a database. (i hope i don't get in trouble for that)
posted

PakaChan wrote:

Most common PP maps for top500 players, for anyone interested

So many pp farmers, so little pp maps.
posted
PP maps are ctb maps. My top 10 pp are only ctb maps.
posted
Because 10 billion hyperdashes in a 3 minute song aren't enough. Okay.
posted
If we stop the fact that HT still gives literally almost the same amount of pp as doing the map without, you're gonna see half of the top 500 drop to under 1k. The whole HT / HTHR thing is pretty stupid and HT pp needs to be adjusted.
posted

sad weeb wrote:

If we stop the fact that HT still gives literally almost the same amount of pp as doing the map without, you're gonna see half of the top 500 drop to under 1k. The whole HT / HTHR thing is pretty stupid and HT pp needs to be adjusted.
someone missed the the december update
posted

PakaChan wrote:

sad weeb wrote:

someone missed the the december update
as if you're implying HT still doesnt give a stupid amount of pp for scores
posted

sad weeb wrote:

HT still gives literally almost the same amount of pp as doing the map without
Well this part is very inaccurate, but yes HT does still need another nerf, as does EZ mod, Tom will do it eventually, just be patient.
posted

-Kurisu- wrote:

It isn't accurate at all IMO to put so much weight on ctb specific maps, especially since there are so few. There are plenty of standard maps that translate into fun and difficult ctb maps. Also the best performance shouldn't be filled with easy SS's...
wow one year later and look at where we still are
posted
However they balance things people are always going to be upset about it ;3
posted
posted
posted
but nooo repetitive patterns and hyperdash spam is what makes everything hard!

jumps are like dongers, the longer the better
posted
So, my question has probably already been answered, but here I go:
If I'm not mistaken, it was stated in the wiki that PP are calculated taking into account the popularity of the map. However, in CtB the player pool is way less big, so the algorithm that evaluates the popularity of the map needs to give way higher bonuses comparatively to std for the same number of plays.
Is it only a std thing, does it even still exist?
posted

Gunsillie wrote:

So, my question has probably already been answered, but here I go:
If I'm not mistaken, it was stated in the wiki that PP are calculated taking into account the popularity of the map. However, in CtB the player pool is way less big, so the algorithm that evaluates the popularity of the map needs to give way higher bonuses comparatively to std for the same number of plays.
Is it only a std thing, does it even still exist?
PP doesn't depend on map popularity anymore.
posted

Seph wrote:

but nooo repetitive patterns and hyperdash spam is what makes everything hard!

jumps are like dongers, the longer the better
Plus 1/4 HDash spam fits every song!!!!!!11!!!!!!one!!!
posted
Was it ever meant that when you play a song with DT/NC only you get the full amount of pp and play it again using only HR and score higher and instantly lose all pp and ranks gained from it? Seems that HR has no benefits at all if it counts the same as no mods at all. Had a few songs like this from older maps and lost 40pp for playing it over again and getting a higher score and accuracy...
posted

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

Was it ever meant that when you play a song with DT/NC only you get the full amount of pp and play it again using only HR and score higher and instantly lose all pp and ranks gained from it? Seems that HR has no benefits at all if it counts the same as no mods at all. Had a few songs like this from older maps and lost 40pp for playing it over again and getting a higher score and accuracy...
big mistake that needs a big change D:
posted

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

This shouldn't happen. In theory.
show more