forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Catch the Beat)

posted
Total Posts
show more
CelegaS
pp algo should consider if we need to move for catching fruits like in banned forever. I did a shit 54 stars' map that you can fc without pressing any key for moving. The only thing that can be hard in this type of patern it's the catcher placement (when you don't need to move like in banned forever with EZ + DT).
Granger
I have this issue with the star rating, both songs are rated 3.50 stars but their difficulty is way different, not entirely sure what causes this. (Its not the AR of Soushou Innocence, i considered that but even when i edit the AR down to AR9 the result is only marginally better.)

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/413171

This is the result of 3 no fail plays after failing it without no fail like 20 times.

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/509915

This is the result of mere 3 plays... (of which the first two were utter shit because lolwarmingup)
Looking at how i do at the other songs around that range id say menu ne is overrated while soushou is underrated.
Time-
DT should really really be nerfed

I know that some map is harder with DT than HR, but for a 2-3 star map HR is harder than DT and should give more pp
map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/630519?m=2

edit: since I'm not really good with HR, I might be wrong ;w;
iiyo

Time- wrote:

DT should really really be nerfed

I know that some map is harder with DT than HR, but for a 2-3 star map HR is harder than DT and should give more pp
map: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/630519?m=2

edit: since I'm not really good with HR, I might be wrong ;w;
lol
CelegaS
Just make EZ worth less with DT because of AR
Kingkevin30

It's good to see that Tom is aware of the situation, and i also would've thought that fixing those issues will totally mess up the other calculations
-PM-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do i need to say another word?

EZ have to be nerfed!!!
PakaChan
Most common PP maps for top500 players, for anyone interested
Kingkevin30

PakaChan wrote:

wow, thats really interesting, but how did you get the data of apperances?
PakaChan

Kingkevin30 wrote:

wow, thats really interesting, but how did you get the data of apperances?
Wrote some code,requested ~1500 pages from the site, put them in a database. (i hope i don't get in trouble for that)
-PM-

PakaChan wrote:

So many pp farmers, so little pp maps.
CelegaS
PP maps are ctb maps. My top 10 pp are only ctb maps.
sovy
Because 10 billion hyperdashes in a 3 minute song aren't enough. Okay.
sad weeb_old
If we stop the fact that HT still gives literally almost the same amount of pp as doing the map without, you're gonna see half of the top 500 drop to under 1k. The whole HT / HTHR thing is pretty stupid and HT pp needs to be adjusted.
PakaChan

sad weeb wrote:

If we stop the fact that HT still gives literally almost the same amount of pp as doing the map without, you're gonna see half of the top 500 drop to under 1k. The whole HT / HTHR thing is pretty stupid and HT pp needs to be adjusted.
someone missed the the december update
sad weeb_old

PakaChan wrote:

sad weeb wrote:

someone missed the the december update
as if you're implying HT still doesnt give a stupid amount of pp for scores
Zak

sad weeb wrote:

HT still gives literally almost the same amount of pp as doing the map without
Well this part is very inaccurate, but yes HT does still need another nerf, as does EZ mod, Tom will do it eventually, just be patient.
misogi_old_1

-Kurisu- wrote:

It isn't accurate at all IMO to put so much weight on ctb specific maps, especially since there are so few. There are plenty of standard maps that translate into fun and difficult ctb maps. Also the best performance shouldn't be filled with easy SS's...
wow one year later and look at where we still are
Naywils
However they balance things people are always going to be upset about it ;3
Rockageek
eldnl
Seph
but nooo repetitive patterns and hyperdash spam is what makes everything hard!

jumps are like dongers, the longer the better
Hemmi
Full Tablet

Gunsillie wrote:

So, my question has probably already been answered, but here I go:
If I'm not mistaken, it was stated in the wiki that PP are calculated taking into account the popularity of the map. However, in CtB the player pool is way less big, so the algorithm that evaluates the popularity of the map needs to give way higher bonuses comparatively to std for the same number of plays.
Is it only a std thing, does it even still exist?
PP doesn't depend on map popularity anymore.
MBomb

Seph wrote:

but nooo repetitive patterns and hyperdash spam is what makes everything hard!

jumps are like dongers, the longer the better
Plus 1/4 HDash spam fits every song!!!!!!11!!!!!!one!!!
Ibuki Mioda
Was it ever meant that when you play a song with DT/NC only you get the full amount of pp and play it again using only HR and score higher and instantly lose all pp and ranks gained from it? Seems that HR has no benefits at all if it counts the same as no mods at all. Had a few songs like this from older maps and lost 40pp for playing it over again and getting a higher score and accuracy...
eldnl

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

Was it ever meant that when you play a song with DT/NC only you get the full amount of pp and play it again using only HR and score higher and instantly lose all pp and ranks gained from it? Seems that HR has no benefits at all if it counts the same as no mods at all. Had a few songs like this from older maps and lost 40pp for playing it over again and getting a higher score and accuracy...
big mistake that needs a big change D:
sovy

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

This shouldn't happen. In theory.
Zak
It won't be an issue when you get to keep your higher pp score when you get a higher score by using HR
Ibuki Mioda

Zak wrote:

It won't be an issue when you get to keep your higher pp score when you get a higher score by using HR
Umm that is what I'm talking about... It removed all points earned and pp received to 1% of base due to playing HR instead of my lower score on DT which scored 100% of possible pp earned. Here is a picture of what I mean... only hopes now is to play it dt/hr which is pretty hard with cs 6.5

http://puu.sh/i7lu5/d9c3060d5f.jpg
Zak
Yes but eventually you will get to have 2 separate scores per map, one for highest pp and another for your best score.
Ibuki Mioda

Zak wrote:

Yes but eventually you will get to have 2 separate scores per map, one for highest pp and another for your best score.
Oh ok, so like 2 seperate ranking systems. Makes more sence since some maps are more difficult with mods that award less points for score.
Drafura
Why not get rid of score ranking ?
Ibuki Mioda

Drafura wrote:

Kind of the purpose anyone plays. Without goals or motivation people would no longer come back to play. Not sure if Peppy would be happen with a large loss of players.
PakaChan

Drafura wrote:

And replace it with what? This joke pp system?
TheVileOne
https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=17908&m=2 Please nerf the pp this map gives in DT. It isn't even hard and it gives way too much pp. The Expert is overrated as well, but at least it is tricky in spots.
Ibuki Mioda

TheVileOne wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/p/beatmap?b=17908&m=2 Please nerf the pp this map gives in DT. It isn't even hard and it gives way too much pp. The Expert is overrated as well, but at least it is tricky in spots.
Lol that song is from 2008 and surprisingly the scores from it reflects that almost no one plays it anymore if you can reach near the top on first attempt so I don't think it even matters. Then again if they used the old pp system it might even bring back all the people that retired shortly after like my friend okami--chan which quit for that reason after pretty much losing everything she worked for a few years.
TheVileOne

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

TheVileOne wrote:

Lol that song is from 2008 and surprisingly the scores from it reflects that almost no one plays it anymore if you can reach near the top on first attempt so I don't think it even matters. Then again if they used the old pp system it might even bring back all the people that retired shortly after like my friend okami--chan which quit for that reason after pretty much losing everything she worked for a few years.
There's over 50 people with DT scores on that map. They are just off the leaderboard because HR is easier has a higher multiplier and probably worth much less pp.
PakaChan

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

like my friend okami--chan which quit for that reason after pretty much losing everything she worked for a few years.
Omg, she lost a fake number showing her "skill", what can she do without her precious go berzerk top rank??
Ibuki Mioda

PakaChan wrote:

Ibuki Mioda wrote:

like my friend okami--chan which quit for that reason after pretty much losing everything she worked for a few years.
Omg, she lost a fake number showing her "skill", what can she do without her precious go berzerk top rank??
Was actually near 70% of all scores reset to zero pp which dropped a large number of ctb players off from playing.
show more