forum

Performance Points feedback and suggestions (Standard)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Genki1000
I play with HD 99% of the time but I still find nomod easier
Mahogany
You cannot get better at something by not playing it.
Deva
You can at HD because it requires timing and aim (and memorisation but thats pretty irrelevant here) - something that comes with playing no mod. And being able to play more complex patterns with HD comes with being able to play even more complex patterns no mod.
Mahogany
But you can also improve your timing and aim by playing Hidden while also improving your memorization. What's more is that hidden will start to come to you more naturally because you're actually playing the damn mod.

That's like saying nomod is a good way to improve at Hard Rock. Sure, you're learning to aim and get accuracy better, but why the fuck aren't you just playing HR if you want to learn HR? They'll never be the same and experience playing WITH the mod is far more valuable for playing the mod than experience playing WITHOUT the mod.
Deva
You get better at HR with no mod by playing higher AR/CS/OD.
You get better with DT by playing faster maps and higher BPM no mod.
You get better with HD by simply playing no mod.
About FL...well i have no clue since i never played it.

And my point is: WHY the heck would you limit yourself to a single mod by playing it if you can learn all of them (a bit slower) at once by playing no mod?
After all HR/DT are just more difficult no mod.
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

And my point is: WHY the heck would you limit yourself to a single mod by playing it if you can learn all of them (a bit slowe) at once by playing no mod?.
The better question is why even play with mods at all until you get high ranked enough to stop earning PP from nomod? Don't learn mods early, kids.

HK_ wrote:

You get better with HR with no mod by playing higher AR/CS/OD.
Please find me a ranked nomod AR10 OD10 CS5.2 map

HR will always be better for learning HR

I doubt you're even on the level where playing HR actually gives you AR10 OD10 so you probably can't even speak from experience on this.

HK_ wrote:

99% of active players don't actually play at a level where DT actually requires skill, and high BPM nomod is very different to high BPM DT maps. Contrast something like Image Material to something like SeveN DT.

HK_ wrote:

You get better with HD by simply playing.
Nothing at nomod will help you aim at circles that aren't there anymore. Play HD to learn HD, because there's nothing else in the game like HD.

HK_ wrote:

After all HR/DT are just more difficult no mod.
...no, they're vastly different in requirements. HD is the closest mod to being nomod.
Deva

Mahoganytooth wrote:

The better question is why even play with mods at all until you get high ranked enough to stop earning PP from nomod? Don't learn mods early, kids.
Kids you heard him.

Please find me a ranked nomod AR10 OD10 CS5.2 map
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/216979 Just wait for it (not quite CS5 but you have plenty of maps with it). And you can edit too, i never said it has to be ranked.

I doubt you're even on the level where playing HR actually gives you AR10 OD10 so you probably can't even speak from experience on this.
lol

high BPM nomod is very different to high BPM DT maps.
ask val0108

Nothing at nomod will help you aim at circles that aren't there anymore. Play HD to learn HD, because there's nothing else in the game like HD.
No comment

...no, they're vastly different in requirements. HD is the closest mod to being nomod.
At AR/OD/CS/HP10 HR does literally nothing so thats 50% wrong.
Edit BPM (not in editor -_-) to one you get with DT and thats...well...DT without DT so now you are 100% wrong.
-Makishima S-
You get better at HR with no mod by playing higher AR/CS/OD.
WTB reasonable amount of AR10, OD9.8, HP10, CS5.2 maps NOMOD.

"Hard Rock (named after the hardest difficulty of the DS game Elite Beat Agents) decreases hit circle size by 1 tick while increasing the overall difficulty, approach rate, and the HP drain by 2 or 3 ticks of their original value up to a maximum of 10. The difference in AR is often hard to notice except when used on maps with an original AR of 7 or greater, as it will push the AR to the maximum value of 10. Hard Rock can be a very difficult mod (especially on insane maps) as it not only demands higher cursor accuracy, it also requires the ability to read lightning-fast approach circles. " - Osu!Wiki

"Double Time increases the overall beatmap's speed to 150% of the original, reducing the length of the song by 33%. This might be considered deceptive because the BPM is not actually doubled, despite being called "Double Time". The method used to increase the speed doesn't increase the pitch of the song, but can make it sound "muddy".

Because the song is sped up, the approach rate also increases, which often makes it quite difficult when paired with Hard Rock. " - Osu!Wiki

Additionaly:

AR: " Double Time: The AR value doesn't change, but the 1.5x play speed causes circles to stay on screen 33% shorter. " (Osu!Wiki), https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/File:ARTable.png
OD: "Double Time: The OD value doesn't change, but the 1.5x play speed causes hit windows to be 33% shorter. " (Osu!Wiki) https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/File:ODTable.png

That's all what i say about pure facts and diffrence betwin nomod and this 2 mods. In a way where you do not deny this.
Deva
Do you seriously not realise that by editing a map in a proper way you can get same effects you get with DT/HR except when paired together and give AR/OD/HP11???
GhostFrog
Can you guys please take this to the Pointless Argument Thread instead of cluttering up this one?
-Makishima S-
Just copy&paste my honest question to experienced players:

By analyzing scores on many songs, i see that MANY are played simply DT+HD.
I feel lack of knowladge in one thing:

Does HD pp bonus is calculted from basic score (raw pp from a song) or after DoubleTime (pp score with DT)?
Deva
PP formula isnt available to public because that would lead to making real pp maps.
Yuudachi-kun

HK_ wrote:

PP formula isnt available to public because that would lead to making real pp maps.
Just copy miiro an daidai genome.
Deva

Kheldragar wrote:

HK_ wrote:

Just copy miiro an daidai genome.
Wouldnt OD10 and ton of fullscreen jumps be better? With DT of course.
E m i

HK_ wrote:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Deva
gg you got me
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

Do you seriously not realise that by editing a map in a proper way you can get same effects you get with DT/HR except when paired together and give AR/OD/HP11???
Of course you can. But then you've edited a map to be DT or HR of the original map.

HK_ wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/s/216979 Just wait for it (not quite CS5 but you have plenty of maps with it). And you can edit too, i never said it has to be ranked.
This map is, again, one of those "This is so ridiculously difficult" maps that it's inclusion of AR10 OD10 and lower CS than normal is excusable. You're cherry picking the exceptions here.

HK_ wrote:

lol
Don't blame me for making judgements, man. Your #2 #3 and #4 top ranks are all 2 star maps.

HK_ wrote:

ask val0108
Who?

HK_ wrote:

At AR/OD/CS/HP10 HR does literally nothing so thats 50% wrong.
No fucking shit, dumbass, but the reason people use HR is to GET those values. Who the fuck even makes maps with that small CS except for Irreversible?

HK_ wrote:

Edit BPM (not in editor -_-) to one you get with DT and thats...well...DT without DT so now you are 100% wrong.
...no, you literally just made the map DT. Not to mention with this you don't get the increased AR and OD
Deva

Mahoganytooth wrote:

Of course you can. But then you've edited a map to be DT or HR of the original map.
That would be same as saying "Your AR/OD10 map is unrankable because its a HR of an original" to a mapper. Please never do that.

This map is, again, one of those "This is so ridiculously difficult" maps that it's inclusion of AR10 OD10 and lower CS than normal is excusable. You're cherry picking the exceptions here.
You are the one picking here. You asked for a map, i gave you a map. Thats it.

Don't blame me for making judgements, man. Your #2 #3 and #4 top ranks are all 2 star maps.
I wouldnt blame you if you actualy dared to look at my #1. I think itd be pretty damn hard to spam out 97% on a map 2 stars above my level.

No fucking shit, dumbass, but the reason people use HR is to GET those values. Who the fuck even makes maps with that small CS except for Irreversible?
There is someone who actually uses CS10??? The more you know...
And they are using HR to get 1,06x score boost not those values lmao

...no, you literally just made the map DT. Not to mention with this you don't get the increased AR and OD
Where did DT go to then? Its a no mod DT of that map. Deal with it.
But you dont need AR10,3/11 up until crazy high rank.

Mahoganytooth wrote:

normal rules stop applying at the highest levels of play
your words not mine sry
-Makishima S-
https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Performance_Points - FULL PP FORMULA FOR EACH GAME MODE

If you want to spam your bs more, create a topic in OT and post it there, stop spamming here and provoking people.
kthxbai.

Reposting since there is way too much spam here and i cannot get answer for pretty technical and important for me question.

By analyzing scores on many songs, i see that MANY are played simply DT+HD.
I feel lack of knowladge in one thing:

Does HD pp bonus is calculted from basic score (raw pp from a song) or after DoubleTime (pp score with DT)?
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

That would be same as saying "Your AR/OD10 map is unrankable because its a HR of an original" to a mapper. Please never do that.
But if something is a copy of another map with just changed OD and AR that is unrankable AFAIK.

HK_ wrote:

You are the one picking here. You asked for a map, i gave you a map. Thats it.
I was asking for a map as a rhetorical statement to get you thinking about how few maps have high AR and OD, but you're too thick to get that through your tiny skull.

HK_ wrote:

I wouldnt blame you if you actualy dared to look at my #1.
Your number 1 score is shit AND on a farm map, but it makes more of a point to show that you play 2 star maps.

HK_ wrote:

There is someone who actually uses CS10??? The more you know...
CS7 is the highest CS you can use in a normal map IIRC.

HK_ wrote:

And they are using HR to get 1,06x score boost not those values lmao
No, the majority are using HR to get those values to get increased PP gain, twat.

HK_ wrote:

Where did DT go to then? Its a no mod DT of that map. Deal with it.
Please tell me what you're smoking so I can get some

You're playing the map in DT except for some reason you decided to make the map unranked instead of actually playing the ranked version with DT to have a proper experience.

HK_ wrote:

But you dont need AR10,3/11 up until crazy high rank.
You don't "need" AR10.3 at all, and nobody even sightreads AR11.

HK_ wrote:

your words not mine sry
The main reason for that statement is that people generally come here for advice, we give them a set of rules and guidelines to follow. High ranked players know their shit and don't need rules or guidelines to follow because they already fucking know how to play and improve well.
Purple
Flat bonuses from HD, FL and CS5.2+ come after DT or HR is applied
CXu
@HK_: You're essentially just saying that you get better at the game by playing the game. Playing hr/dt/hd will most likely be a better way to improve those specific mods, or set of skills though.
Deva

CXu wrote:

@HK_: You're essentially just saying that you get better at the game by playing the game. Playing hr/dt/hd will most likely be a better way to improve those specific mods, or set of skills though.
Yep thats right. By playing certain mod you will certainly get better at that mod but at that mod only, You wont get anywhere with DT by playing HR. Thats why i said no mod is best to increase overall skill
Genki1000

HK_ wrote:

CXu wrote:

Yep thats right. By playing certain mod you will certainly get better at that mod but at that mod only, You wont get anywhere with DT by playing HR. Thats why i said no mod is best to increase overall skill
If nomod can help you play DT, why would adding HR to the same map not help you anymore
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

You wont get anywhere with DT by playing HR.
Untrue. Learning HR to learn AR10 is a good way to prepare yourself for playing AR 10.3 with DT. Just like playing DT earlier to learn AR 9.67 is a good way to prepare yourself to learn AR10 with HR.
CXu

HK_ wrote:

CXu wrote:

But you even suggested that you could edit maps so that they have ar/od/hp/cs as if they were hr, so similarily, you could do the exact same thing with hr to practice dt by editing the map so it has lower ar/od/hp/cs, and then speed the map up (with some tool) and then slap on hr.
Deva

CXu wrote:

But you even suggested that you could edit maps so that they have ar/od/hp/cs as if they were hr, so similarily, you could do the exact same thing with hr to practice dt by editing the map so it has lower ar/od/hp/cs, and then speed the map up (with some tool) and then slap on hr.
By using this and making DT out of some map + adding HR to it, it would most certainly make it possible to practice DT by playing HR haha
Mahogany

HK_ wrote:

CXu wrote:

By using this and making DT out of some map + adding HR to it, it would most certainly make it possible to practice DT by playing HR haha
Or you could just play the map with DTHR?
-Makishima S-
Where is logic in changing map to make it look like "HR" or "DT"?
Where is logic to make full map unranked and play it with changed stats when you will be still unable to play ranked version?

Answer for both: there is no logic in this action.

To change map into HR you need additionaly flip it in X-Axis which takes time - pointless. Waste of time what you can use to actualy PLAY this map with HR and start learning it.
To change map into DT... also waste of time. Same, use it to just play and learn.

My editor usage starts and end on cutting ceratin part of map (single pattern) what gives me huge truble and training it - WITHOUT changed map stats since main reason is to learn how it works, how to play it, train your muscle memory and eyes on it in order to achieve good score in ranked map.

If someone still think that playing nomod will prepare you to play DT/HR... or delusional myth "changing map into OD10 will make my acc better" please go to reddit with this discussion and stop derailing thread (or create another one).
This is my humble request. I think we don't want to piss off peppy when some mod close this topic becouse of too much bullshit and spam.

EoT for me.
xhale
I just lost 13pp and dropped like 150 ranks when i beat my score on apples to the core. original score was 98.65% with DT, and the new score was 96,33% with HD,DT. I'm sure people have mentioned this before. I got really mad, and tried to fix it. now I can't even beat the first part anymore, because of retrying so much. Maybe HD should give abit more pp? It's the same for everyone, so why not?
DT-sama
Because it's a rhythm game and shit accuracy shouldn't be more rewarded than better accuracy just because you decided to play with fade-out circles rather than approach circles in a map with no overlaps.
Barusamikosu

xhaled wrote:

I just lost 13pp and dropped like 150 ranks when i beat my score on apples to the core. original score was 98.65% with DT, and the new score was 96,33% with HD,DT. I'm sure people have mentioned this before. I got really mad, and tried to fix it. now I can't even beat the first part anymore, because of retrying so much. Maybe HD should give abit more pp? It's the same for everyone, so why not?
This is why you never ever play HD after getting a good score or at all. It's different if you're already good at HD and confident you can keep your accuracy, but most people are terrible at HD so this kind of thing happens.
DroidBass
Well I'm posting here something very interesting I've found about some DT maps with different pp efficiency levels, and how some kind of pattenrs are pp ineficient and how some others are too pp efficent. Here I post you my toughts of 6 different cases of DT maps that can give 250's pp. Starting from least pp efficent to most pp efficent.

07th Expansion - worldenddominator [La cataline]: Old school map that is really tricky at terms of tapping complexity and with some really unfortable patterns and known for having a duplets spam that bothers most persons. You can still enter to its #50's even playing no mod.
Skillet - Hero [Insane]: Another old school map that is known for being a challenge to many due to the really uncomfortable spacing and slider shapes.
Lindsey Stirling - Elements [Fire]: This is a respectful map that isn't too farmed due it has some interesting streams, sliderstreams and some curius jumps. It's not friendly or badass for pp means.
Skrillex & The Doors - Breakn' a Sweat (Original Mix) [Insane]: This map is really fine, but it is being a way too abused due it drops absurd pp values on really high accuracy. The higher your accuracy is on here the more overrated in pp your rank on this is.
Primastella - Koigokoro [Deli's Insane]: Koigokoro isn't an easy map, but is known from being one of most farmed maps in osu. From being overrated on this star system and high amount of circles this map proves it's very pp friendly aswell its sister the Insane is.
Tsunamaru - Daidai Genome: This map is indeed the most broken pp map in existance. Nothing easy but at being too overvalued it encourages too many players to farm it. OVERRATED at both star system and from pp given by accuracy.

Facts to consider
Worldenddominator 213 bpm, OD9, AR9.67, 5.41 stars, 485 circles, 291 sliders
Skillet hero 213 bpm, OD9.67, AR9.67, 5.39 STARS, 418 circles, 208 sliders
Lindsey Stirling elements 210 bpm, OD9, AR9.67, 5.73 stars, 392 circles, 206 sliders
Breakn Sweat “210 bpm”, OD9.67, AR9.67, 5.31 stars, 332 circles, 320 sliders
Koigokoro 210 bpm, OD9, AR9.67, “5.51” stars, 348 circles, 125 sliders
Daidai genome 203 bpm, OD9.67, AR9.67, “6 stars”, 425 circles, 70 sliders

Conclusion
1.- Troll patterns with higher amount of sliders are being underrated, regardless if they're OD9.67 because there is no accuracy from sliders.
2.- PP optained from accuracy at higher values of OD + higher amount of tapable elements is very farmable.
3.- Maps with comfortable spacing and easy tapping but high settings and high spacing are the most farmable.
4.- Most pp efficent maps end being these with higher relation of circles/sliders, more circles more accuracy, if more sliders... well I'm not sure...

Most pp efficent maps are both overrated from star system and their settings, this needs fixing later.
Yuudachi-kun

ReynBolt wrote:

Skillet - Hero [Insane]: Another old school map that is known for being a challenge to many due to the really uncomfortable spacing and slider shapes.
I thought it was just the OD 9.67 that made it a bitch to get good accuracy on. Got any examples?

Also, I'm wondering how much pp daidai genome would give if it had been OD 7 + DT instead of OD 8.
dung eater

ReynBolt wrote:

Conclusion
1.- Troll patterns with higher amount of sliders are being underrated, regardless if they're OD9.67 because there is no accuracy from sliders.
current pp thingy doesn't take into account patterns (directions) at all, just the length/speed of jumps
troll patterns are not underrated, they are not rated at all, nor are easy patterns

ReynBolt wrote:

4.- Most pp efficent maps end being these with higher relation of circles/sliders, more circles more accuracy, if more sliders... well I'm not sure...

Most pp efficent maps are both overrated from star system and their settings, this needs fixing later.
acc = pp

current pp thing doesn't take into account tapping patterns (complex/hard to tap or very simple) at all, so the easy ones to acc will seem easier ppwise
the stars do what they are meant to, it's just the system not taking into account some big (subjective) parts of what makes stuff difficult

please correct me if i'm wrong
Endaris
It isn't about maps being overrated with DT.
The maps are already overrated with nomod.
There's a reason why I have DT-farm-maps without DT on my topplays.
DroidBass

jaaakb wrote:

ReynBolt wrote:

Conclusion
current pp thingy doesn't take into account patterns (directions) at all, just the length/speed of jumps
troll patterns are not underrated, they are not rated at all, nor are easy patterns

ReynBolt wrote:

acc = pp

current pp thing doesn't take into account tapping patterns (complex/hard to tap or very simple) at all, so the easy ones to acc will seem easier ppwise
the stars do what they are meant to, it's just the system not taking into account some big (subjective) parts of what makes stuff difficult

please correct me if i'm wrong
I find all this fine.

Endaris wrote:

It isn't about maps being overrated with DT.
The maps are already overrated with nomod.
There's a reason why I have DT-farm-maps without DT on my topplays.
That was why I only evaluated DT maps, there are UNDERRATED DT maps aswell. But lots of people rather complaining "play DT for pp" instead of "play free accuracy maps for pp". By free accuracy maps I mean all these maps that anyone can optain high accuracy with not to much effort, that anyone farms because they're free accuracy = free pp (regardless of mod that you're using). And it's a fact that most of these free accuracy maps are DT ones, but it's a lie that ANY is DT, but it's a true fact that some free pp no mod maps with HR over them aren't that free pp, similar to Our Stolen Theory - United (L.A.O.S Remix) that many farms with no mod but when HR is added it doesn't seem to me a farm map.

United no mod = pp for hungreds of people
United + HR = pp for about 20 players in the top #50's
Reyvateil
@ReynBolt

The thing about maps like Daidai Genome and Koigokoro are that their high difficulty rating come from difficulty spikes at certain parts of the map, you can play most of the map relaxing and just need to really focus for some specific parts. Compared to worldenddominator and Hero that have a constant difficulty through the whole map so you have to focus all the time to hit every single note, they are easier considering the amount of skill required but harder because you need to be at that skill level all the time.

It's the same for no mod and HR "farm" maps, they are relatively easy most of the time with some spikes of difficulty that are worth the difficulty of the map, Ame to Asphalt for example is just a 4.92 stars map if you remove the jumps from the last 10 seconds. It's not a matter of pattern complexity or anything, it's just that you play the whole map quite relaxed and focus for real in the last 10 seconds to be able to dish all the pp from the 6.03 stars that this end is worth (If you delete the rest of the map leaving only the end, it is still a 5.86 star map)

Making it short, the 'farm maps' aren't about pattern complexity (although this makes it harder) or length (although this helps with retry faster) but the difficulty spread through the map. It doesn't matter if the map have the strangest sliders followed by a full screen star if it's just six seconds section of the map, you can just retry until you hit it once and take all the pp home.

Side note here: Hero is just frustrating to play because tutuhaha maps are just derp to play with the same sliders and triples patterns, with or without mods.
Yuudachi-kun
Hero is frustrating to play because OD 8 + DT instead of OD7.
E m i
tfw can't fc first half of koigokoro and daidai genome
show more