forum

Keyboard Thread.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
I like keyboards. Post your keyboards here and I will rank them from 1 to 10.
This is not in any way, shape or form sexual.
I just like keyboards very much and looking at my own keyboards isn't enough for me anymore.

My rating criteria would be based on:

- The overall aesthetic of the board. This includes, but is not limited to: The shape, material, keycaps, the cable and the layout of the keyboard.
- Build quality. It's gonna be hard to judge a board's build quality through just photos alone, so additional info regarding your keyboard such as how it is constructed, the materials and features that you think would benefit this category would help me rank it more accurately.
- The switches. Again, it's gonna be hard to tell from photos so additional info is much appreciated.
- Typing sounds. Though this requires a typing demonstration so I'm gonna need a video of you typing on your board to judge it properly.
- Additional special features. Basically extra features that might be useful in a keyboard. This includes but is not limited to: Macros, media keys, displays etc. Although anti features that are masked as an extra feature would affect the rating negatively instead.
- Pricing. Some keyboards might be pretty decent, but have a low ranking. That is because pricing is also a criteria I'd like to judge. If a keyboard isn't great, but is very cheap then I won't judge it too harsh. But if a keyboard is very expensive, but doesn't really seem to be worth it, then I'll be harsher while judging it.

I'd like to judge on key feel as well, however obviously I cannot come and feel your keyboard switches so I will only base this judgement on the switches I've tried only.
For the ones that I haven't felt before, I'll refrain from passing judgement on them.

I try to be as fair and accurate as possible with my ratings. However, the criterias in which I use to rate them are very subjective. So at the end of the day, it's just my opinion and yours maybe different than mine regarding the matter and a keyboard which I thought is shit might be to you, a very good keyboard. So don't be too bummed out if your keyboard, which you think is an excellent keyboard, gets a low rating. What matters is that you like it and it's very much up to taste. It's just that my taste is vastly superior.

Also, I don't rate touchscreen and laptop keyboards since they're almost all the same and I don't know enough about them nor am I interested enough in them to find out about them and give out ratings for them.
But generally, I think most of them are shit.
Lapizote
you already know what mine is.
Hydreigon
too lazy to take a pic but...

still the same keyboard that I'm using right now
ClevelandsMyBro
does laptop counts?
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Hydreigon wrote:

too lazy to take a pic but...

still the same keyboard that I'm using right now
From what I can see, it's just a normal office rubber dome keyboard that you can find anywhere.
Well, nothing wrong with it, but I wouldn't say it's a good keyboard.

Build quality wise, it's probably just a sandwich of 2 plastic pieces with a membrane in the middle. So, not very good.

You can see that some of the letters on the keycap is blurred. Which means the printing methods was either lasering or pad printing. So they're not very durable keycaps.

Overall, not a good keyboard but it works, Nothing outstanding about it.

Edit: One good thing that I suppose I forgot to mention is that it have a stepped capslock key. That's probably about it.

3/10.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

ClevelandsMyBro wrote:

does laptop counts?
Well, I don't think I'm qualified enough to rate laptop keyboards so no, sorry.
ninore

took one keycap off for switch showcasing purposes (it's a red switch)
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

nedd83 wrote:

took one keycap off for switch showcasing purposes (it's a red switch)
Aesthetics wise, I don't really like it since I don't like gamer looking keyboard overall.

For build quality, it looks to be pretty standard for modern gamer keyboard. Looks like it has a metal mounting plate, probably aluminum and a floating key design without any high bezels. The cable looks to be braided as well.
I don't really like how the floating key design looks, but again this is subjective. But not having bezels means that the key switches would be vulnerable to side knocks.
But overall, the build quality looks to be quite okay.

For switches, it's using red switches. Not sure which brand is it though.
They're light linear switches but they're too light for my liking. But again, this is subjective.
Although red switches are all very similar, depending on the brand the switches can feel quite different.
For my experience, the best linear cherry design red switch is probably Gateron, followed by Kail Box reds. Others feels about the same but Cherry would almost always be the worst.
They're by far the scratchiest that I've felt compared to other clones. Quite ironic considering they're the "original".

The keycaps looks to be doubleshot, so they're very durable. However the stencil fonts are quite ugly imo. But hey, at least it doesn't use those cyber fonts that other gaming keyboards uses.

The board have back lighting but it doesn't look like RGB. Looks like multiple monochrome lights for each row. This is pretty popular on cheap gamer mechanical keyboards.
Although I don't even like proper RBG either so it doesn't really matter to me tbh.

Overall, a cheap, decent, usable board.

5/10
Corne2Plum3
This isn't my exact laptop but the keyboard look like this:
Lapizote
okay fine, here's what mine looks like

pre-loved (and probably uncleaned) for 5 years, babiee
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

This isn't my exact laptop but the keyboard look like this:
Well, I don't know enough about laptop keyboards to rate them properly, sorry.

But most of the time they're just rubber domes with scissors or butterfly looking pieces of plastic on them.
I have yet to tried a laptop keyboard that I thought was good yet. They're all very shallow and flat and some even hurts my finger tips after typing on them for a while.
A full travel keyboard would be much better imo.

Though this is all subjective. I know people who really like laptop and chicklet keyboards and swear by them.
Meguro
ain't no mechanical
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

axl2468 wrote:

okay fine, here's what mine looks like

pre-loved (and probably uncleaned) for 5 years, babiee
This looks horrible. It's probably even worst than a regular rubber dome keyboard.

This looks like Hydreigon's keyboard but worst.
The keycaps are all flat for some reason. I guess they tried to make them flatter to make it looks more slick but I fucking hate flat keycaps. They're very uncomfortable to type on and they makes it harder to find the keys you're trying to type by feel so I have to look at them constantly when typing which slows me down significantly.

Not much else to talk about it either. It's a rubber dome office keyboard. But worst than most other rubber dome office keyvboards.

2/10
KatouMegumi
I'll save you some time. Bloody B110. 1/10
Also, keys on mine already flake off. Double injection my ass.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

Meguro wrote:

ain't no mechanical
Looks like a cheap Gamer keyboard.
Although it looks better than most gamer keyboards I saw.

Not much else to talk about. It's not much different from a normal office keyboard aside from the hideous cyber gamer font on the keycaps and monochrome backlighting.

I'll give it 3/10.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

KatouMegumi wrote:

You sure that's the correct model name?
Because I can't find anything about a Bloody B110. The closest I've found is B120.

Or maybe it's so bad that they deleted it from history of mankind lol.
Lapizote

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

2/10
tbh i expected 1/10, but i guess there are worse ones out there, at least this one works.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

axl2468 wrote:

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

2/10
tbh i expected 1/10, but i guess there are worse ones out there, at least this one works.
Oh trust me, I've experienced a 1/10 keyboard before.
It makes a rubber dome keyboard feels fucking elegant and sophisticated.

Though I suppose it's hard to rate any keyboards here a 1/10 since I can't feel what they're like to type on.
KatouMegumi

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

KatouMegumi wrote:

You sure that's the correct model name?
Because I can't find anything about a Bloody B110. The closest I've found is B120.

Or maybe it's so bad that they deleted it from history of mankind lol.
Aight, it was B120. And as you can see, it is in a sorry state. Double injection sucks.
Lapizote
somehow a cheap 5-year old office keyboard has its keycaps in a better state than a more expensive gamer-oritented keyboard from the same company.
show more