forum

Touhou

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Cyclone
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Gabi
maybe have marisas stars in different colors as star.png? or maybe reimus amulets ^^

damn this skin is to good
dumpsterdiver
Found a streak of red where it didn't belong on count 3, and the top right corner was flat. It sure has been a troublesome little picture...

anyway, fixed.

Topic Starter
Cyclone
Thank goodness for your obsession.
Hanyuu
I like the sound in the tohou game when they collect those points. the click sound it does. maybe its fitting for a slidertick sound
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I hadn't planned on making hitsounds to be honest.
SuzumiyaKyon

Cyclone wrote:

I hadn't planned on making hitsounds to be honest.
Yeah, to be honest it can kill a really nice clean skin if you have to mute the sounds. I'm sure there are times where they can be great (EBO, Ouendan, Taiko) but this just isn't one of those times. Touhou is all about the image. And changing just one of the hit sounds makes it feel kinda weird if the rest are unchanged.
Lybydose
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Give me an example where this happens please.
Lybydose
It happens with any map in which objects are placed at the highest grid level. The life bar itself doesn't overlap circles much, but the shadow is a bit more annoying. Approach circles are especially difficult to see sometimes. Stacked notes (even if they are just 2-3) are much worse, and I've seen it from some ranked maps, but I can't remember any off-hand. Here are some examples:

Emerald Sword:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot010-13.png with default
http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot011-12.png with Touhou

Test map I made just to put objects at the top:

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot009-9.png default
http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot008-14.png Touhou
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I would just like to point out how obscured they are in the editor in the first place. Generally speaking if it's hard to see the note in the editor, there might be issues during gameplay. These notes should be brought up during modding, though it's easy to forget sometimes.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/screenshot247.png
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I need the opinions of the people who use this skin. I've made a menu-button-background.png and i need to know how you all feel about it.

Nachy
So far I'm really liking it, looks really nice, hit circles are awesome, spinner looks really pretty, the new menu button BG looks pretty neat and fits really well with the rest of the skin, and sounds are win. I suggest for the hit 300s, 100s and 50s in a bit of the style of the XiStyle skin, I tried experimenting with it and it kind of fits, also the SWR weather names seems to be a great fit to some contexts of it, I suggest try experimenting on it also.
SuzumiyaKyon
The bar's a good fit. Suits the skin really well! Now all we need are hit markers and rankings and it's golden!
Gabi
i was just wondering. does anyone ever experience lag spikes sometimes when combobursts haven't been loaded for quite a while? it might just be my shit computer, but sometimes when i play and comboburst pops up, i lagg-

also only 4 combobursts work, the rest wont show :S
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I've never had any issues loading any of them. I keep them all in mine here to make sure they all work right. I did specifically say in the OP I encourage people to remove some though.
Nachy
I have all the comboburst available and they show up and no lag either on my side.
I also added Meiling on my mine, although I only got it from the wiki and it's kind of blurry, can I request a better version too Cyclone?
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I can't seem to find anything better than a 300x300 picture, though i did the best i could with it.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/comboburst-hong.png
Nachy
Thanks Cyclone. ^^
Metruzero
I really like how this map looks so far. although maybe you could add a spinner approach circle to make it look more awesome. Please add some pics for ranks as well as for when you hit the notes. And since you added special menu buttons for mods and random and ect. maybe you can icons for the individual mods. The the slider ball looks a little wierd spinning that fast, I've never played the game so idk if that's relative to it.
Soaprman
I made a higher quality version of that China comboburst.

http://up.ppy.sh/files/comboburst-hong-0.png

What else do you plan to skin for this, if anything? It's a very nice skin.
Sondow_old
This skin is the epitome of epic Touhoudry. That's a word, I just made it up now.

Though I must ask, Cyclone, where did you get the combobursts from?
Gabi
someone posted this on my topic. i dont know if its correct or not.

tfxllvna wrote:

(Conversely, This sentence will be seen strange English ...my English is poor. >:( )
Because Japanese used for the menu etc. is a little unnatural, I proposes to change it as follows.

-Quit and Return to Title
current ”やめて、選択るために戻ってください"
amended ”タイトルに戻る"
-Return to Game
current "戻り、ゲームに"
amended "ゲームに戻る"
-Retry this Game
current "リトライこのゲーム"
amended "ゲームをリトライ"
-GAME OVER
current "向こうへの ゲーム、"
amended "ゲーム オーバー"

(Is the character correctly displayed?)
Topic Starter
Cyclone
If i can get confirmation on that, i'll make the necessary arrangements to have them changed.

And as far as my progress on this skin, it came to a halt when my computer went out. It'll still be some time before i can get a new one too.
Soaprman
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Not at all, much appreciated. 1 question though. Are the 12.3 pictures for china any different than the IaMP pictures? If so could you make one for that too?
Soaprman
Oh yeah, they did give her a new "default" portrait. Here you go!

http://thedailypos.org/images2/comboburst-china123.png
Nachy
Do you think this color is more visible on spinners?

Topic Starter
Cyclone
oh, do you think you can recolor the cursor trail while you're at it? I'll try it out a bit if i can get that. Much appreciated.
Nachy
Sure thing.

Hopefully I got it right by now without any spots and stuff.

Gabi
only add that to the skin so you can choose yourself what cursor you want. the blue is way to awesome :3
Topic Starter
Cyclone
Lybydose
I made a "better" Okuu comboburst. The one posted by Soaprman is cut off on the right side, and looks kinda bad during play. This one fades to transparent and looks better in osu!

The Sanae one MIGHT be a problem too, but I haven't personally tested it.

I actually made 10 UNL style combobursts and uploaded them here if you or anyone else cares. Most of them are just alternates of characters already included, but it does have Sanae, Suwako, and Okuu.
Jinxy
Bumping skin thread.
Also, mod icons:

Easy - Cirno
No Fail - Mokou
Half Time - Sakuya
Hard Rock - Remilia
Sudden Death - Yuyuko
Double Time - Youmu
Auto - ?
Auto Pilot - Reimu
Relax - Suika
No Video - Aya
Spun Out - Chen/Hina

Blanks are because I forgot what Cyc said on irc. :o
Randy96

Lybydose wrote:

I made a "better" Okuu comboburst. The one posted by Soaprman is cut off on the right side, and looks kinda bad during play. This one fades to transparent and looks better in osu!

SPOILER
[attachment=0:9b671]comboburst-okuu.png[/attachment:9b671]

I actually made 10 UNL style combobursts and uploaded them here if you or anyone else cares. Most of them are just alternates of characters already included, but it does have Sanae, Suwako, and Okuu.
Max combo burst width is 500px.
Lybydose

Randy96 wrote:

Lybydose wrote:

SPOILER
[attachment=0:d4a24]comboburst-okuu.png[/attachment:d4a24]

Max combo burst width is 500px.
Max combo burst width is whatever you want outside of ranked maps.
Topic Starter
Cyclone

JInxyjem wrote:

Bumping skin thread.
Also, mod icons:

Easy - Cirno
No Fail - Mokou
Half Time - Sakuya
Hard Rock - Remilia
Sudden Death - Yuyuko
Double Time - Youmu
Auto - ?
Auto Pilot - Reimu
Relax - Suika
No Video - Aya
Spun Out - Chen/Hina

Blanks are because I forgot what Cyc said on irc. :o

How about i make some generic temporary ones? Just for the record i tried to line them up according to the mod screen, but i didn't actually look at it. Some might be off in comparison

Jinxy
lolwut.

I wasn't expecting Walfas.
Topic Starter
Cyclone
I said temporary, and i want consistency
Lybydose
You could always go for the SWR style character portraits and fill in the others with the art by that one guy who made all the SWR style portraits.

Examples. I cut these out in about 3 seconds just to show off what I mean; they are obviously not finished products:

Also I couldn't find one for Chen, but there is a Hina and Ran.

show more