forum

Newbie Mafia 2! [Mafia Win!]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

I asked the same question again in this post to which you requoted the same thing. I don't see how it's out of context.
Oops; when I read that I thought you were quoting your entire post, not part of it.
Echo
I was quoting the whole post, which you admit applying your reply to. You refused to answer/comment on my statements/questions, one of which was the conversation in the quoted text. Since it applied to all my questions/statements, I don't think it's out of context?
adam2046
So uh...Why am I being voted if you want to lynch Echo or strager?
Can I have some follow up points on how I'm suspicious?
Derekku
Ugh. I kept getting distracted by other things. >_<

But for now, I at least want to do this. (forgot to yesterday)

Unvote Echo.
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

I was quoting the whole post, which you admit applying your reply to. You refused to answer/comment on my statements/questions, one of which was the conversation in the quoted text. Since it applied to all my questions/statements, I don't think it's out of context?
Okay, I made a mistake in my last post.

When you wrote this post (link) I thought you had quoted this post (link), which what I originally refused to answer in this post (link). I don't think I even saw this post (link), so I gues I'll reply here:

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

dammit WHY do the doctors always need to expose themselves on the first day?
D= I didn't mean to.
Firstly, strager never claimed doctor. He just went with what I said. The real doctor would have tried to cover it up. strager, on the other hand, admitted it straight away.
I would only try to cover it up to prevent myself from being killed by the Mafia during the Night. If I do that I may be suspect of being a Mafia by the town, because I am trying to cover up things I have said. Then again, keeping open about me being a Doctor also makes me a Mafia suspect because I'd be using it as a way to point votes away from me.

Again, claiming was a mistake, but the damage has been done.

Echo wrote:

Echo wrote:

strager wrote:

I meant to say I wasn't convinced by someone else. Sorry.
So you admit that you convinced yourself adam is townie? My point still stands - you can't convince yourself someone is townie when they haven't made a single proper post unless you already know they're townie.
Secondly, he admitted to convincing himself adam is townie without adam making any real posts. Plus, he completely ignored this accusation in his last post.
I think we've already gone over this. (If not I am mistaken.)

Echo wrote:

0_o wrote:

And how exactly does mentioning the cop imply that he's claiming cop??
The cop role shouldn't be on your mind, since he's useless until after the first night. Therefore, mentioning it is a tad suspicious. Why would strager be thinking about the cop, then?
I can't find my post but I'm pretty fucking sure I wrote a post answering this question.

Oh here it is, I think (link).
Yuukari-Banteki

adam2046 wrote:

So uh...Why am I being voted if you want to lynch Echo or strager?
Can I have some follow up points on how I'm suspicious?

youre not, youre being voted on because i DON'T want to lynch Echo or strager. tbh its as close to a random vote as it gets, but a couple of people pointed fingers at you and that was the closest to a lead i got so yeah.
Olinad
OMG I think I lost track of the voting situation -.-' May anyone post the list of the votes made up to now? I read the discussion but I don't want to make a vote without knowing the situation
Topic Starter
LadySuburu
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Olinad

LadySuburu wrote:

Votecount 3:

strager - 2 (adam, nardi)
adam - 2 (0_o, SFG)
Echo - 1 (strager)
SFG - 1 (BagelBob)

Not voting: 3 - (Olinad, Echo, Derekku)
thx, brb
Echo
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

tbh if strager had said something like "I'm just curious to know about the rules around the doctor and how protection works" I wouldn't have had anything to go on, since that would only lead to WIFOM thinking.
Well, I don't ask questions like that, really. I try to be a little more specific in my questions than "how does the Doctor work exactly?" If I had asked the question you suggest I would probably get an answer similar to what the PM states and not what I wanted to know. But you're right, the "claim" wouldn't be discovered and maybe I would have been better protected (because I don't have to worry about the Mafia trying to kill me because they don't know I am the doctor).

Olinard, are you back yet? It's been more than two hours since you said "brb." ;P

EDIT: Echo, what is WIFOM thinking? xD Sounds like "superhypothetical" thinking.
Echo
http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php ... ront_Of_Me

I thought I'd linked that before :/

Basically it's what you do in your early posts.

"if adam was mafia then [something] BUT if adam is townie then [something] which means he must be mafia if he did it but then that makes him townie because he's smart enough to know it makes him look townie, which means he's actualy mafia, which makes him townie, which makes him mafia etc."
Olinad

strager wrote:

Echo wrote:

tbh if strager had said something like "I'm just curious to know about the rules around the doctor and how protection works" I wouldn't have had anything to go on, since that would only lead to WIFOM thinking.
Well, I don't ask questions like that, really. I try to be a little more specific in my questions than "how does the Doctor work exactly?" If I had asked the question you suggest I would probably get an answer similar to what the PM states and not what I wanted to know. But you're right, the "claim" wouldn't be discovered and maybe I would have been better protected (because I don't have to worry about the Mafia trying to kill me because they don't know I am the doctor).

Olinard, are you back yet? It's been more than two hours since you said "brb." ;P

EDIT: Echo, what is WIFOM thinking? xD Sounds like "superhypothetical" thinking.
lol UR right, but I was busy XD

I really dunno who to vote... mmh...
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wine_In_Front_Of_Me

I thought I'd linked that before :/

Basically it's what you do in your early posts.

"if adam was mafia then [something] BUT if adam is townie then [something] which means he must be mafia if he did it but then that makes him townie because he's smart enough to know it makes him look townie, which means he's actualy mafia, which makes him townie, which makes him mafia etc."
By "you" you mean the not me "you"?

And thanks.

/me stabs Olinad into voting.
Echo
By "you" I mean the second person pronoun (ie. you, strager), and not the generic "you"
Olinad
anonymous_old
anonymous_old

Echo wrote:

By "you" I mean the second person pronoun (ie. you, strager), and not the generic "you"
Article says:

Article wrote:

In Mafia, WIFOM arguments are often a Scum tactic used to distract the Town.
No wonder you were super-suspicious of me. =S However that paragraph talks about after a Night kill so I'm not sure if that really is your reason or if you just don't like my choices about adam.

Then again I pointed out some circular reasoning in your own argument and you didn't comment on it.
adam2046
...Why aren't you voting yourself then SFG?
anonymous_old

adam2046 wrote:

...Why aren't you voting yourself then SFG?
Or just leave a no-vote?

You don't have to vote do you?
Yuukari-Banteki
adam2046
Yuukari-Banteki
adam2046
So you do want to get me lynched?
You are still mad at me.
anonymous_old

adam2046 wrote:

So you do want to get me lynched?
You are still mad at me.
Yeah, SFG seems to be doing more than random voting here.
adam2046
Don't you try and allay (^_~) suspicion from yourself by pointing out her.
Echo
adam2046
anonymous_old

adam2046 wrote:

I wont be arounf for a little while, if anyone wants to lynch poor little defensless me (SFG) please don't.
You'll make me cryyyyyy T.T

adam2046 wrote:

wat
Yuukari-Banteki
well i suppose i am a bit suspicious because when you were mafia last game i couldnt tell that you were at ALL. i think it might have been nardi that pointed a FOS at adam or maybe the FOS wa-oh fuck it let me go find the post

yeah 0_o pointed a FOS at adam and nardi and i chose adam.

also im lol'ing about how you guys are trying to pick apart logic that doesn't exist @_@ also im sick of vote-hopping which is why i havent changed it
adam2046
Hey, I'm not the one claiming doctor.
Yuukari-Banteki
were you not listening when i said that the reason i dont want strager lynched is that B/C HE CLAIMED DOCTOR i dont want to risk lynching an aux on day 1
adam2046
That was @ strager not you, you ninja'd me.
anonymous_old

adam2046 wrote:

Hey, I'm not the one claiming doctor.

adam2046 wrote:

wat

EDIT: Ignore this (see adam's last post =X).
adam2046
I don't get it...
Echo
anonymous_old

adam2046 wrote:

I don't get it...

Echo wrote:

Neither do I.

revote strager
Are you two referring to my wat post? If so I'll explain.

First he says "don't kill me, SFG" (in more words) then accuses me of "pointing out her" as a way to "allay suspicion from me." That is, he did what he told me not to do.

The second wat post was a mistake; I was being stupid then. xD
adam2046
Ok, you can kill me now (no don't) didn't take as long as I expected.
Yuukari-Banteki
Echo, why are you voting for strager after specifically stating that Day 1 was a bad time to lynch an important aux claim?
show more