hmmm... somethings up here
Abraker is my step bro now (?)
Phantonym
Looks like the one started it is me ._.

sorry...
ColdTooth
well i didnt know what else to expect lol
JustABeginner
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
JustABeginner
JustABeginner
Nuuskamuikkunen
What the heck has happened to Jonarwhal btw?
Akumace1

eblf2013 wrote:

Idk but I miss him
Nuuskamuikkunen

Akumace1 wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Idk but I miss him
Yeah, me too.
z0z

eblf2013 wrote:

Akumace1 wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Idk but I miss him
Yeah, me too.
same here, where DID he go?
GPR

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Akumace1 wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Idk but I miss him
Yeah, me too.
He is just enjoying his real life, unlike us.
JustABeginner

GPR wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Akumace1 wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Idk but I miss him
Yeah, me too.
He is just enjoying his real life, unlike us.
:c

---

Also: community/forums/topics/1207715?start=unread
Corne2Plum3
JustABeginner
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Winnyace
it will happen. don't worry
JustABeginner
Nuuskamuikkunen
community/forums/topics/1209993

On request. Thanks akumace1!
ColdTooth
community/forums/topics/1211583?start=7837305

I hope I get hit by a bus and a plane.
Lapizote
somehow that got locked earlier than the original one.
z0z
it turned into spam faster
Zelzatter Zero
why do I feel like shitpost quality has just got progressively worse?

More locked thread with uninteresting topic to even derail, spam and spam are everywhere.

I miss those days where 90% of OT thread are somewhat worth posting. Nowadays more and more newfags are coming here and ruining it...
ClevelandsMyBro
these newfags smh *tsk* *tsk* *tsk*
Penguin

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

It's always been like this. It's nothing new.

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I miss those days where 90% of OT thread are somewhat worth posting. Nowadays more and more newfags are coming here and ruining it...
Older denizens usually feel resentment towards new people in OT because they're strange and unusual compared to the denizens that they metaphorically "grew up" with when they first joined. Once new people start flooding in, you start to slowly feel more and more detached from OT. It especially hits hard when the people you got attached to when you first joined start to leave.

It's like how seniors hate freshmen because they are cringe and new or whatever. It's very silly because the seniors used to be freshmen at one point. It's kind of a hypocritical point of view honestly. Just give the new people a break, they will learn eventually.

edit: also, new denizens are usually very young. The more time you spend in OT, the older you get, so it's harder to relate with new denizens since on average they'll be younger than you are.
ColdTooth
Tad Fibonacci
ILY CT.

Never change.
Nuuskamuikkunen

Penguin wrote:

It's like how seniors hate freshmen because they are cringe and new or whatever. It's very silly because the seniors used to be freshmen at one point. It's kind of a hypocritical point of view honestly. Just give the new people a break, they will learn eventually.

edit: also, new denizens are usually very young. The more time you spend in OT, the older you get, so it's harder to relate with new denizens since on average they'll be younger than you are.
Rather than hypocritical is a lack of self awareness that happens to everyone and that seems to be forgotten quite fastly.

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

More locked thread with uninteresting topic to even derail, spam and spam are everywhere.

I also sort of feel like this, but I guess it's a quite normal process as the forum evolves, there's a period in where a particular group of users start slowing down in their activities (look at the 7th gen list for example, you'll notice that the first 8-10 users have been less active than before) and new people start taking their place. They'll slowly stop resembling 7th gen and start defining a new road by themselves, different from the road that former generations left.

It's something that I don't quite like, but it's isn't something we can control nor avoid.
Penguin

eblf2013 wrote:

Rather than hypocritical is a lack of self awareness that happens to everyone and that seems to be forgotten quite fastly.
yeah, that's a better way to describe it than I did.
z0z

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I also sort of feel like this, but I guess it's a quite normal process as the forum evolves, there's a period in where a particular group of users start slowing down in their activities (look at the 7th gen list for example, you'll notice that the first 8-10 users have been less active than before) and new people start taking their place. They'll slowly stop resembling 7th gen and start defining a new road by themselves, different from the road that former generations left.

It's something that I don't quite like, but it's isn't something we can control nor avoid.
i dislike most of the new people coming here in general

it's kinda like older ideas and feelings being pushed away to make room for fresh new ideas and feelings, which feel foreign and we don't like the new ideas coming in

we can compare this to the "generations" irl, where the older people say "back in my day" while the younger people do whatever they want
Nuuskamuikkunen

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

it's kinda like older ideas and feelings being pushed away to make room for fresh new ideas and feelings, which feel foreign and we don't like the new ideas coming in

we can compare this to the "generations" irl, where the older people say "back in my day" while the younger people do whatever they want
WE ARE TURNING INTO BOOMERS!
Zelzatter Zero

eblf2013 wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I'm ahead of time and called myself a boomer already -w-
Nuuskamuikkunen

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

I did too, but I'm talking about the whole 7th gen D:
Winnyace
I guess I'm a newfag? idk man, although I think that lately there were a lot more spam threads than before. some new people came on OT, so it's only natural that this happens. once they get bored of OT, which they already seem to start getting bored of, I think we will be back to some less spamy threads.
z0z

eblf2013 wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

i'm not sure how much of a friendly relationship i feel i'm supposed to have but i'm not really feeling it much

Winnyace wrote:

I guess I'm a newfag? idk man, although I think that lately there were a lot more spam threads than before. some new people came on OT, so it's only natural that this happens. once they get bored of OT, which they already seem to start getting bored of, I think we will be back to some less spamy threads.
maybe people are coming here because they're bored?
Akumace1
Winnyace

z0z wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

that is my main reason why I started visiting this place, so I'd say that's probably the case. the newcomers, however, start to get bored of OT. it's just not as interesting or as active of a place as other social media websites
Nuuskamuikkunen

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

i'm not sure how much of a friendly relationship i feel i'm supposed to have but i'm not really feeling it much
Not necesarily a friendly relationship but rather on the similarity of content and similar humor and actions that each generation had, and similar reaction to new users.
z0z

eblf2013 wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

z0z wrote:

eblf2013 wrote:

Penguin wrote:

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

Not necesarily a friendly relationship but rather on the similarity of content and similar humor and actions that each generation had, and similar reaction to new users.
yea but that's what establishes a friendly relationship

Winnyace wrote:

z0z wrote:

Winnyace wrote:

that is my main reason why I started visiting this place, so I'd say that's probably the case. the newcomers, however, start to get bored of OT. it's just not as interesting or as active of a place as other social media websites
i kinda started coming in after quarantine started and now i've been here for under 7 months
i was almost out of stuff to do at that point
abraker
oldfag vs newfags stigma again. Only took a year or two for it to start boiling again. I am seeing a repeat of 4th gen here. Next you gonna tell me you gonna start a civil war or something over it. That'd be crazy, toooo crazy perhaps ha ha ha.... owh...

edit: 492

edit: 1359
TealStar

abraker wrote:

Next you gonna tell me you gonna start a civil war or something over it.
Coming soon in the Off-Topic Cinematic Universe.......

Phantonym
show more