1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted
this is legit my favorite ctb map because i can play it
posted
The unrankable issues have been taken care of and the set went through some minor improvements. Rebubbled~
posted
back to qual'd you go
posted
This'll need to be taken down as it doesn't pass the 24h mark between Bubble / Heart
posted
boop

remember to wait 24 hours between nominations. you can requalify again in 5h30.
posted
back from ethyl coma, qualifying this once and for all
posted
Gratz on qualification!

The map is pretty great and creative. But I think the part starting at 00:06:933 - to 00:19:906 - is running in 1/3 rhythms. STR 2 just produces senseless sliderticks at red ticks like 00:18:487 - 00:18:892 - 00:19:298 - etc. The actual tick should be on 1/3 ticks. While the other part of the song runs in 1/2 rhythm, you need to set STR to 1 to prevent such issue.

EDIT: alright seems like it's already pointed out and not fixed anyways. Even though I still cannot agree with that, let's see how it goes. In fact I've already seen 3 maps in the same case of being mixed with 1/3 and 1/2 rhythms. Simply skippng over it by saying "case by case" is not the best solution imo. We have to discuss it someday.

EDIT 2: A possible solution is to half the BPM of 1/3 parts so that ticks won't get showed but I'm not sure if it is rankable. Let me ask someone first.

EDIT 3: Yeah another solution is making all sliderticks in 1/3 parts silence. You need to add many green lines to achieve that tho. But in this way, STR2 is protected and gameplay experience is not affected to the most extent, which I can accept.
posted

F D Flourite wrote:

EDIT 3: Yeah another solution is making all sliderticks in 1/3 parts silence. You need to add many green lines to achieve that tho. But in this way, STR2 is protected and gameplay experience is not affected to the most extent, which I can accept.
Since default hitsounds are used it's easier to just use a custom sampleset with muted slider ticks for that section
posted

Sinnoh wrote:

F D Flourite wrote:

Since default hitsounds are used it's easier to just use a custom sampleset with muted slider ticks for that section
To be honest, even with the current hitsound sample the slider ticks in this section are barely hearable, so that's not necessary to do at all.

Both STR1 and STR2 could work to be honest. I didn't notice any difference on the slider shapes as others pointed out, and the sliderticks on the 1/3 section have almost no influence in the gameplay as they're quite close to the sliderends. It's up to Kyuare to lower the STR for the last difficulty.

@FDF: Halving the BPM only in that section is not a solution. The song has clearly a plain 148 BPM and we cannot just change the BPM to fix the STR.
posted
posted

Sinnoh wrote:

F D Flourite wrote:

Well as Deif said slider ticks are nearly inaudible, without forgetting the fact they are really close to the slider tail so both sounds merge at full speed, that's why it's not necessary to mute them for only this section.

Because the sliderticks on the 1/3 section are just under the slidertail, the gameplay experience isn't affected to the most extent: droplet trajectory is still clear and easy to catch, even more intuitive than STR1.
Sorry for my bad english I tried to explain as clearly as possible ! :D