1. osu!community
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
posted
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on November 18, 2017 at 9:31:12 PM

Artist: Nekomata Master
Title: Sennen no Kotowari
Source: SOUND VOLTEX III GRAVITY WARS
Tags: MrSergio Realazy WORLD ELECTRONICA BEMANI BMS 東方永夜抄 ~ Imperishable Night. 東方Project Touhou Project Ultimate MasterPieces ZUN 千年幻想郷 Gensokyo Millennium ~ History of the Moon 八意 永琳 Yagokoro Eirin Final A Boss sdvx beatmania IIDX 22 PENDUAL BeatStream jubeat prop pop'n music ラピストリア REFLEC BEAT groovin'!! Upper Ultima Fox
BPM: 152.95
Filesize: 7201kb
Play Time: 02:02
Difficulties Available:
  1. BASIC (1.45 stars, 133 notes)
  2. GRAVITY OF THE MOON (4.99 stars, 587 notes)
  3. MrSergio's ADVANCED (2.97 stars, 271 notes)
  4. NOVICE (1.89 stars, 172 notes)
  5. Real's EXHAUST (4.16 stars, 510 notes)


Download: Nekomata Master - Sennen no Kotowari
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Beatmap #28

Mapped this in a day, I'm pretty happy with it
Saved by GDs, going for rank!
Be careful of jumpstreams and 1/6
BASIC by me
NOVICE by me
ADVANCED by MrSergio
EXHAUST by Realazy
GRAVITY OF THE MOON by me
Hitsounds by Ultima Fox

Extra Stuff
Background source :
http://st06.deviantart.com/art/Voyage-1969-291479763

Metadata :
http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096
https://p.eagate.573.jp/game/bemani/rei ... music.html

Thanks :
Everyone who helped me morally during my 2 hour 144 pixiv page search for this background
posted
my hero celerih

[General]

  1. Timing seems off, try BPM=152.950 Offset=-30 (sounds a lot better to me)
  2. Perhaps "BEMANI×東方Project Ultimate MasterPieces" can be added to tags because that is the album name ( Source: http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096 )
  3. https://remywiki.com/Sennen_no_kotowari can also be used for metadata



[BASIC]

  1. DS Error at 01:36:109 from 1 to 2, 0.91x instead of 1


[NOVICE]

  • Lots of DS errors in Ai but most of them aren't actually wrong, so ill only point out the relevant ones

  1. 00:26:675 (1) - 1.2x into 2
  2. 00:34:521 (4) - 1.1x into 5
  3. 00:36:090 (1) - 1.29x into 2
  4. 01:17:672 (2) - 1.09x into 3
  5. 01:33:363 (3) - .92x into 4
  6. 01:36:502 (2) - 1.1x into 3
  7. 01:53:370 (1) - .84x into 2

    those were the really major ones, assuming the .3xs were on purpose
    also

  8. 00:36:482 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - Huge part without circles, and its not a good idea to have circle-less sections in normals so try and add some here
  9. 01:28:656 (5,6) - I think a 1/1 slider would suffice here, because there isnt a 1/2 rhythm (its like 1/3 into 1/6 or something) so its easier to simplify to 1/1
  10. 01:31:010 (5) - I think you should ctrl H this and move more to the side because that is a very weird overlap for a normal diff


[MrSergio's ADVANCED]

  1. 00:01:176 (1) - If you're going to have this repeat slider for the buildup, i suggest altering the volume for every repeat because as of now you cant even hear the buildup its representing because of the hitsounds
  2. 00:44:328 (3) - Why did you ignore the rhythm here when you represented it in every other place? I think this should be a repeat slider like the other one at 00:41:189 (3) -
  3. 00:45:603 (1) - I definitely dont think a spinner is necessary here, considering i dont hear any sort of buildup to warrant it (well I do a little bit, but its better represented with just the spinner after)
  4. 01:10:709 (1) - similar thing as the other one, however if you don't want to get rid of it i feel like you could have it end at 01:13:357 then map up to the kiai
  5. 01:26:302 (1,2) - Don't really see a reason for this stack. If the melody wasn't present i would understand the lack of movement, however on 2 you can hear the melody lead into the part represented by 3, so i think there should be at least some movement here
  6. 01:27:479 (5) - im pretty sure this is 1/6 lmao (though idk if 1/6 would be good in a hard)
  7. 01:40:032 (6) - ^


[GRAVITY OF THE MOON]

  1. 00:01:176 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing I said with sergio, if you are going to map this beginning buildup with a stream then you need to adjust the volume for every note so that you dont drown out the buildup you are trying to represent with the hitsounds
  2. 00:25:498 (2) - Hitsound error, this slider has the whistle sound for the whole slider (even though your map doesnt even have hitsounds LMAO)
  3. 00:29:225 (4,5,6,7) - I think the stream should come out of the head of 4, because its really confusing and awkward to play how it is atm


Will probably mod Realazy's diff when he uploads it
Good Luck, probably your best map yet :)
posted

Ultima Fox wrote:

[MrSergio's ADVANCED]

  1. 00:01:176 (1) - If you're going to have this repeat slider for the buildup, i suggest altering the volume for every repeat because as of now you cant even hear the buildup its representing because of the hitsounds
    sounds like a lot of work for a small gain. Is it necessary ?.?
  2. 00:44:328 (3) - Why did you ignore the rhythm here when you represented it in every other place? I think this should be a repeat slider like the other one at 00:41:189 (3) -
    kick is stronger there + it was supposed to be a sort of buildup (although the diff doesn't allow for much anyway: the slider --> reepat sliders is the best of build up I could afford there)
  3. 00:45:603 (1) - I definitely dont think a spinner is necessary here, considering i dont hear any sort of buildup to warrant it (well I do a little bit, but its better represented with just the spinner after)
    that doesn't really work as a suggestion if you don't give me something to work on. As of now, the way I represented the sounds make sense to keep both spinners (yes, that faith build up you sort of heard too. Seeing the song you gotta really notice soft differences).
    Anyway, I myself see no way to represent the stream in the song if not with a spinner. If you have some patterns not exceeding the difficulty of 00:42:366 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1) - and similar parts, sure, hmu
  4. 01:10:709 (1) - similar thing as the other one, however if you don't want to get rid of it i feel like you could have it end at 01:13:357 then map up to the kiai
    this actually sucks and I had in plan to work on it. Give me a bit of time and I will get rid of it
  5. 01:26:302 (1,2) - Don't really see a reason for this stack. If the melody wasn't present i would understand the lack of movement, however on 2 you can hear the melody lead into the part represented by 3, so i think there should be at least some movement here
    because you look at just those two circles and not 01:26:302 (1,2,3) - . I create a movement contrast with the stack so the next slider feels faster (it has a really high pitched note on it if you notice). 01:26:302 (1,2) - and 01:26:694 (3) - are different instruments (firsts being drums, second being flute) therefore I need contrast to signal that. In the case of identical DS'd movement you won't perceive the change from one instrument to another
  6. 01:27:479 (5) - im pretty sure this is 1/6 lmao (though idk if 1/6 would be good in a hard)
    I'm pretty sure this is a Hard diff, not an extra :P
  7. 01:40:032 (6) - ^ ^
Thanks!

Let me rework that spinner and I can give you the code, celerih

PS: timing is fine
posted

MrSergio wrote:

PS: timing is fine
are you sure?
-30 offset (with current bpm) sounds a lot more accurate to me


edit: wait im the one whose gonna hitsound this why did i comment on hitsound volume :thinking:
posted

Ultima Fox wrote:

my hero celerih

[General]

  1. Timing seems off, try BPM=152.950 Offset=-30 (sounds a lot better to me) rechecked timing and current offset seems fine
  2. Perhaps "BEMANI×東方Project Ultimate MasterPieces" can be added to tags because that is the album name ( Source: http://www.konamistyle.jp/item/73096 ) but it's already in the tags
  3. https://remywiki.com/Sennen_no_kotowari can also be used for metadata wikis :thinking:



[BASIC]

  1. DS Error at 01:36:109 from 1 to 2, 0.91x instead of 1 FIIIIXXXEDDDD I hate borders tbh offscreen mapping when


[NOVICE]

  • Lots of DS errors in Ai but most of them aren't actually wrong, so ill only point out the relevant ones

  1. 00:26:675 (1) - 1.2x into 2
  2. 00:34:521 (4) - 1.1x into 5
  3. 00:36:090 (1) - 1.29x into 2
  4. 01:17:672 (2) - 1.09x into 3
  5. 01:33:363 (3) - .92x into 4
  6. 01:36:502 (2) - 1.1x into 3
  7. 01:53:370 (1) - .84x into 2
    Stacking ruined my life tbh

    those were the really major ones, assuming the .3xs were on purpose yes
    also

  8. 00:36:482 (2,3,4,5,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1) - Huge part without circles, and its not a good idea to have circle-less sections in normals so try and add some here redone some rhythm to include more circles
  9. 01:28:656 (5,6) - I think a 1/1 slider would suffice here, because there isnt a 1/2 rhythm (its like 1/3 into 1/6 or something) so its easier to simplify to 1/1 Will keep as is, I think the 1/2 fits quite nicely since this is the end of the first half of the kiai right before it loops, and 01:29:048 (6) -
    si quite a strong sound
  10. 01:31:010 (5) - I think you should ctrl H this and move more to the side because that is a very weird overlap for a normal diff done


[GRAVITY OF THE MOON]

  1. 00:01:176 (1,2,3,4) - Same thing I said with sergio, if you are going to map this beginning buildup with a stream then you need to adjust the volume for every note so that you dont drown out the buildup you are trying to represent with the hitsounds I'll deal with this once hitsounds are complete, for like volumes and stuff
  2. 00:25:498 (2) - Hitsound error, this slider has the whistle sound for the whole slider (even though your map doesnt even have hitsounds LMAO) damn even when I don't hitsound a map I still manage to fuck up hitsounds
  3. 00:29:225 (4,5,6,7) - I think the stream should come out of the head of 4, because its really confusing and awkward to play how it is atm done


Will probably mod Realazy's diff when he uploads it
Good Luck, probably your best map yet :)
thanks a lot for the mod! (:

In addition:
Added Realazy's diff
Updated source to the touhou game and moved sdvx to the tags.
Changed offset to -15
posted
m4m from sergio

could 東方 be redundant in tags? (appears in source as well)
Why no hitsounds...

[BASIC]
00:07:830 (1,2) - Could line these 2 objects up a bit better just to make it look a tad bit better
00:25:875 (4) - slightly touching the health bar
00:29:798 (1,3) - Could space the slider and (3)
00:43:920 (3) - slightly touching health bar
00:44:705 (4,2) - slightly touching, could space it just a bit farther
00:48:628 (1) - touching health bar
01:06:673 (4,1) - kinda disagree with this overlap, it stands out way too much and it doesn't look too pretty either.
01:35:702 (1,2) - visually, they are really close to touching. Seems like you're running out of space, so i'd recommend moving 01:34:133 (4,5,1) - to the lower right a bit to give you some more space (using DS to move of course)
01:29:425 (1) - Is touching the OD (accuracy) bar, might want to bring it up a bit.
01:38:840 (1,2,3) - right now the (3) is closer to the slider body than (2) is, which is counter-intuitive. Try to make it at least equally spaced (triangle) or maybe space 3 farther so the visual spacing is more intuitive.
01:41:979 (3,4) - same close to touching
01:51:590 (2) - close to health bar

[NOVICE]
00:01:554 (1,2) - 00:04:692 (1,2) - vs 00:15:676 (3,4) - 01:21:580 (5,6) - Is there a reason why you have inconsistent DS for these 1/2 rhythms? You used it kinda randomly throughout the whole song.
00:25:875 (4,1) - Should blanket better tbh, it's really close to blanketting so might as well.
00:31:760 (5) - maybe split into 2 circles to map that flute sound.
01:21:384 (4,5) - stack?

[MrSergio's ADVANCED]
00:21:952 (1,2) - Could have better symmetry if rotated a bit counter-clockwise a bit for each slider.
01:10:694 (1) - Having a spinner here feels really underwhelming. There are so many sounds you can map there. Sure there's that buildup sound in the background, but imo the foreground music is still pretty prominent.
01:45:313 - you might disagree with me, but i kinda disagree with these sliders following that feint "ufo sound" it's just not as strong as the drums and snares there.
01:52:766 - 01:53:355 - 01:53:943 - Sad that you're mapping these sounds on a slider end. I'm not sure what you're following, but i personally believe that these sounds should be clickable.

[GRAVITY OF THE MOON]
00:16:657 - 00:17:049 - Should map this sound, it really stands out in the music.
01:27:856 (1,2,3,4) - I wouldn't overuse the use of 1/4 rhythm gaps between these sliders. I recommend shortening this one to a regular 1/2
streams are pretty cool :3
eh the main problem i have with this diff is that the use of 1/4 rhythm gaps felt overused. There are sounds on the red tick most of the time (the tick noise) so it make sense to map regular 1/2 rhythms more.

That's it, hope this helps!
posted

Ohwow wrote:

Why no hitsounds... hitsounds aren't done yet, ultima fox is supposed to do them
tfw left out again
posted
m4m sergioo ~

  • General
  1. where are name of gds on tags?
  2. preview point isn't aligned
  • BASIC
  1. Remove widescreen support
  2. 00:03:907 (4) - touch the drain bar https://puu.sh/y0qYA/635ac740d4.png
  3. 00:35:290 (4,3) - tbh this overlap doesn't look good :v
  4. 00:41:567 (4) - i think you can curved it because these sliders are similar 00:39:213 (1,2) - so why not the 2 others 00:40:782 (3,4)
  5. 00:43:920 (3) - touch the drain bar
  6. 01:23:149 (1) - move to x:127 y:333 for triangle xd https://puu.sh/y0rfb/d83a542264.png
  7. 01:51:590 (2,1) - umm i increase more blanket, it's should be more attractive
  • NOVICE
  1. remove widescreen support
  2. omg check aimod v:
  3. 00:29:210 - why there isn't a note for more emphasize
  4. 00:25:875 (4,1) - imperfect blanket
  5. 00:28:621 (5) - make it straight should work better i think
  6. 00:35:486 - 00:35:682 - 00:35:879 - map these sounds with a slider renverse, i don't understand why you ignoring these sounds
  7. 01:15:303 (3,4,5,1) - i'm not fan of this flow i don't think that it can work well tbh, plus it's not really attractive umm maybe try something like this https://puu.sh/y0sb7/a82ab6289d.png
  8. 01:21:384 (4,5) - not really stacked
  • MrSergio's ADVANCED
  1. remove widecreen support
  2. 00:04:103 (7,8) - unstack them imo because 00:04:300 (8) - is more strong than 00:04:103 (7) - should be good for a better emphasis and contrast of these notes
  3. 00:26:464 - add a note for contrast because this part it's almost similar to 00:23:522 (1,2,3,4) - but here 00:26:464 - there is a little difference so if you add a note, we can better follow the difference of density. Oh and you did this here lool 00:37:644 (1,2,3,4,5)
  4. 00:29:308 - map this sound pls
  5. 01:37:075 (5,1) - there are too close but it's fine if you overlap them more
  6. 01:38:840 (1,2) - unstack for emphasize drums?
  • Real's EXHAUST
  1. 01:22:659 - map this sound, you mapped these sounds 01:19:815 (7,8,1) - 01:20:991 (4,5,6) - but not this 01:22:659 - why, i can't understand? :v
  2. 01:35:212 - ^
  • GRAVITY OF THE MOON
  1. 01:03:535 (3,1,2,3) - there are too close, increase a little more spacing like you did here 01:08:242 (2,1,2,3)


gl!~
posted

Ohwow wrote:

m4m from sergio

[MrSergio's ADVANCED]
00:21:952 (1,2) - Could have better symmetry if rotated a bit counter-clockwise a bit for each slider.
if you mean symmetry on the y axius, then nope, I avoided it on purpose since symmetry wasn't one of the concepts I went for. I merely use snippets of it to make things look clean, but nothing more than this
01:10:694 (1) - Having a spinner here feels really underwhelming. There are so many sounds you can map there. Sure there's that buildup sound in the background, but imo the foreground music is still pretty prominent.
ye, it was pointed out before and I managed to change it right now
01:45:313 - you might disagree with me, but i kinda disagree with these sliders following that feint "ufo sound" it's just not as strong as the drums and snares there.
trust me, I went for drums too at first but it was too complex to make it suitable for a Hard. If you have any ideas, go ahead, but right now this is the best outcome I can see
01:52:766 - 01:53:355 - 01:53:943 - Sad that you're mapping these sounds on a slider end. I'm not sure what you're following, but i personally believe that these sounds should be clickable.
following kicks, which were introduced with 01:50:119 (2,3,4) - . If you have any idea I might reconsider but with just this I can't do much lol. If you rely on my skill to come up with something more fitting I can ensure you there's nothing more wrong than this, since the current version is the best imo, ofc

ShogunMoon wrote:

m4m sergioo ~

  • MrSergio's ADVANCED
  1. remove widecreen support unrelevant if there is no SB in the mapset + this should go into general as well since the owner can do everything at once instead of making 3 diffs do that :p
  2. 00:04:103 (7,8) - unstack them imo because 00:04:300 (8) - is more strong than 00:04:103 (7) - should be good for a better emphasis and contrast of these notes
    and move them where? xD
    That aside, the stack better represents what the flute does imo so I guess nope
  3. 00:26:464 - add a note for contrast because this part it's almost similar to 00:23:522 (1,2,3,4) - but here 00:26:464 - there is a little difference so if you add a note, we can better follow the difference of density. Oh and you did this here lool 00:37:644 (1,2,3,4,5)
    instrument followed: 00:26:268 (4,1) - .
    It's also a different section so I need a transition. If I map it the same way as another part it's not a transition anymore lol
    The second link you gave me is yet another section which starts becoming more intense, so the additional note was meant as buildup (I mean, look at the bookmarks lol, they are there to signal the sections of the song and this is pretty noticeable even by just listening to the song)
  4. 00:29:308 - map this sound pls it was mapped at first, but seeing the slow BPM and the fact that sound is actually 2 1/6 sounds made it sound horribly. The lack of click there makes a good contrast anyway
  5. 01:37:075 (5,1) - there are too close but it's fine if you overlap them more it's actually inconsistent with another concept I did so I changed them, thanks
  6. 01:38:840 (1,2) - unstack for emphasize drums? I do contrast on those by making player move a lot with 01:38:056 (3,4,1) - , so once you have to stop your movement on the stack you feel like it is forced, thus adding emphasis on them. This stack also works as contrast for the next objects/rhythms, so it's just a giant chain of reasons
Thanks~
I will do a bit more of polishing myself and send it to celerih later via PM
posted
we discussed ending, and reworked it a little

irc with MrSergio
2017-10-18 13:38 -Rmdy: okay, I'm back
2017-10-18 13:38 -Rmdy: So yeah, I would love to see your map
2017-10-18 13:39 MrSergio: back to life
2017-10-18 13:39 MrSergio: moment, gotta send the .osz manually since it's not updated on site
2017-10-18 13:40 MrSergio: https://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/dh7eS8AU.osz ignore the hitsounding since it was just an attempt lol
2017-10-18 13:42 -Rmdy: there is so much going on in the music
2017-10-18 13:43 MrSergio: ye, ignoring stuff wasn't easy and something might still feel off regardless
2017-10-18 13:43 MrSergio: the diff and the song just... don't agree
2017-10-18 13:44 MrSergio: with hitsounding it might be better... idk
2017-10-18 13:44 -Rmdy: 00:29:406 (5) - this slider sounds a bit off
2017-10-18 13:45 -Rmdy: maybe this https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9341852 would work better, since 1/8 part is rather stronger
2017-10-18 13:45 MrSergio: ah ye, that's because there's a 1/6 burst between 00:29:210 (4,5) -
2017-10-18 13:45 -Rmdy: or 1/6, ye
2017-10-18 13:46 MrSergio: well, it would be nice ,but that strong beat on the tail kinda throws me off
2017-10-18 13:46 MrSergio: I somehow managed to follow the kicks ever 1/1 if you notice
2017-10-18 13:46 MrSergio: I first had like.. triple from 00:29:210 -
2017-10-18 13:47 MrSergio: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9341866
2017-10-18 13:47 MrSergio: so I had both
2017-10-18 13:47 MrSergio: but then I thought it was too much to have a triple there
2017-10-18 13:48 MrSergio: wait, actually, that looks nice now o.o
2017-10-18 13:49 -Rmdy: o3o
2017-10-18 13:49 MrSergio: ye, I think I'll keep that
2017-10-18 13:49 MrSergio: I had a different placement before so it felt really awkward, but this one even fits with the map's concept
2017-10-18 13:49 MrSergio: nice nice
2017-10-18 13:50 -Rmdy: 1/4 sliders with 2 repeats is really something strange
2017-10-18 13:51 MrSergio: you mean at the end?
2017-10-18 13:51 MrSergio: ye, that's the "strange" part I mentioned xD
2017-10-18 13:51 -Rmdy: ye
2017-10-18 13:51 MrSergio: I first tried doing it on drums, but it felt strange
2017-10-18 13:52 -Rmdy: I guess it will be very unintuitive
2017-10-18 13:52 MrSergio: then I tried on flute, but it's too long and I would end up with long sliders
2017-10-18 13:52 MrSergio: like... current version keeps it around the difficulty of the kiai, but at the same time it is less intense to click
2017-10-18 13:52 MrSergio: so you get that outro feeling somehow
2017-10-18 13:53 MrSergio: I should ask a player to testplay this...
2017-10-18 13:53 MrSergio: like... a 700k rank player
2017-10-18 13:54 MrSergio: I mean, looking at the other top diffs you can see that a stream would be logic here, but I can't obviously do so on a Hard
2017-10-18 13:54 MrSergio: that would just make the whole Hard, not a Hard xD
2017-10-18 13:54 -Rmdy: I think
2017-10-18 13:55 MrSergio: I asked you about this since they told me already it feels strange
2017-10-18 13:55 MrSergio: and I was expecting it
2017-10-18 13:55 MrSergio: it's just that now that I finished it I can't imagine anything differently
2017-10-18 13:55 -Rmdy: putting circle where slider starts, and making slider one reversed, would be more.. intuitive?
2017-10-18 13:56 MrSergio: umh... let me try that
2017-10-18 13:56 MrSergio: wait, so the player will have a lot of doubles to click
2017-10-18 13:57 MrSergio: you say like [https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9341907 this]?
2017-10-18 13:57 -Rmdy: ye
2017-10-18 13:57 MrSergio: I mean, in the end it's the same thing I guess, since the gaps between each pair of objects is 3/4 :thinking:
2017-10-18 13:58 -Rmdy: yes
2017-10-18 13:58 MrSergio: but my intuition tells me that adding a circles makes it more intense than needed here
2017-10-18 13:58 MrSergio: with just a slider players could still slightly tap off and still get it thanks to slider leniency
2017-10-18 13:58 MrSergio: with the circle on top it makes it so that more accuracy is required to hit both of the properly
2017-10-18 13:59 -Rmdy: it would be more intense, yeah, but at least players will know what to expect
2017-10-18 13:59 MrSergio: wouldn't they know anyway since they can see the object? xD
2017-10-18 14:00 -Rmdy: because 2 repeats like that is really unexpected and mostly would cause slider breaks
2017-10-18 14:00 MrSergio: 00:01:161 (1) - :thinking:
2017-10-18 14:00 MrSergio: I start the map with that xD
2017-10-18 14:00 -Rmdy: It's a little bit different
2017-10-18 14:01 MrSergio: ye, I agree too it's a bit different
2017-10-18 14:01 MrSergio: since there is an object after it it becomes natural to hold for 2 repeats
2017-10-18 14:01 -Rmdy: this is 2 repeat slider, that another slider follows
2017-10-18 14:02 -Rmdy: but when we see a tripple, it kinda stands out
2017-10-18 14:03 -Rmdy: so these are stand out as tripples, but it's 4
2017-10-18 14:03 MrSergio: well... I don't think that assuming a slider has a certain number of repeats is that right xD
2017-10-18 14:04 MrSergio: I mean... i used both of them before that part
2017-10-18 14:04 MrSergio: I mean, normally, we should, but the song is what it is
2017-10-18 14:05 MrSergio: aside from that, I wouldn't mind changing those sliders into 1 repeat only, but the circle on them just =... meh, doesn't work for what I wanted to achieve there
2017-10-18 14:05 MrSergio: it would really make the whole part stand out too much as being "hard"
2017-10-18 14:06 -Rmdy: Well, there should be a way to make more intuitive
2017-10-18 14:06 -Rmdy: make it*
2017-10-18 14:07 MrSergio: if I could place a slider tail instead of the circle you suggested it would be better for what I wanted too
2017-10-18 14:07 MrSergio: but there is no space for it, hence why I went for the 2 repeats
2017-10-18 14:07 MrSergio: if you look at 01:40:409 (1,2) - you can see I wanted to do so
2017-10-18 14:08 MrSergio: I tried removing just 1 repeat from them to see if it works, but it sounds off
2017-10-18 14:08 -Rmdy: I mean, you could 01:40:998 - put slider here, but it may turn out pretty messy
2017-10-18 14:09 MrSergio: [https://i.imgur.com/Prbn5dA.png that]'s kinda intense tho lol
2017-10-18 14:10 -Rmdy: I didn't mean it like that
2017-10-18 14:10 MrSergio: the biggest issue here is the fact it is a Hard
2017-10-18 14:10 MrSergio: ?
2017-10-18 14:11 -Rmdy: http://puu.sh/y12lT/c2e19e424e.jpg like this?
2017-10-18 14:11 MrSergio: blue ticks o.o
2017-10-18 14:12 -Rmdy: but again, if you do it for all of these, it will turn out messy
2017-10-18 14:12 MrSergio: ye
2017-10-18 14:12 MrSergio: not to mention far more intense than I wanted it to be
2017-10-18 14:13 -Rmdy: what about [https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9341989 this]?
2017-10-18 14:13 MrSergio: repeating that for like... 10 times becomes a huge mess + it's hard to even hit
2017-10-18 14:13 MrSergio: double click is even harder to click imo lol
2017-10-18 14:13 MrSergio: I mean, they could always spam keys and hit them right
2017-10-18 14:14 MrSergio: but then I ask myself "why should they spam keys" in the first place
2017-10-18 14:14 -Rmdy: how about making a variety of all of this
2017-10-18 14:14 MrSergio: ah, btw, I changed 01:40:409 (1,2) - into https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9341996
2017-10-18 14:14 MrSergio: won't fit with my clean mapping :P
2017-10-18 14:15 MrSergio: I don't do random things if not for consistency
2017-10-18 14:15 MrSergio: so here the sounds are the same: I have no reason to vary them
2017-10-18 14:15 MrSergio: doing so will make the map lose structure overall
2017-10-18 14:16 MrSergio: this is giving me an headache, zzz. I got various headaches when I tried mapping it at first too
2017-10-18 14:18 MrSergio: if it wasn't for the "I can't make it too intense" aspect it would be sooo much easier
2017-10-18 14:18 -Rmdy: actually it played pretty naturally
2017-10-18 14:20 MrSergio: you mean... which one
2017-10-18 14:20 -Rmdy: I kinda went off during kiai, so I wouldn't say that I memorised it
2017-10-18 14:20 -Rmdy: what you have right now
2017-10-18 14:20 MrSergio: o
2017-10-18 14:21 MrSergio: well, it felt natural for me too, but I tend to assume I'm too skilled to judge properly this stuff now
2017-10-18 14:21 MrSergio: time to hunt people in #lobby
2017-10-18 14:21 -Rmdy: we both are for this diff
2017-10-18 14:22 MrSergio: ye
2017-10-18 14:22 -Rmdy: 01:50:119 (2,3,4) - also this
2017-10-18 14:22 -Rmdy: I'm not sure what to say about it
2017-10-18 14:22 -Rmdy: but it's a bit hard
2017-10-18 14:23 MrSergio: ok, that IS strange and I know there is no need to tell me, but again, I can't seem to find other variatns LOL
2017-10-18 14:23 -Rmdy: to read
2017-10-18 14:23 MrSergio: wait, I got it
2017-10-18 14:23 MrSergio: maybe
2017-10-18 14:23 MrSergio: let me try changing things a bit
2017-10-18 14:23 -Rmdy: 01:50:413 (3,4) - 01:52:963 (3,4) - also
2017-10-18 14:23 MrSergio: basically, the stuff about circle + slider you suggest erarlier
2017-10-18 14:26 MrSergio: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9342052 ?
2017-10-18 14:27 MrSergio: that way 01:52:963 (3,4) - is not the only one
2017-10-18 14:27 MrSergio: it becomes the part's "theme" so to speak
2017-10-18 14:28 -Rmdy: yeah, thats nice
2017-10-18 14:28 MrSergio: actually no, that has to change too
2017-10-18 14:29 MrSergio: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9342064 ?
2017-10-18 14:30 MrSergio: or 01:52:766 (3) - ?
2017-10-18 14:30 MrSergio: ops
2017-10-18 14:30 MrSergio: https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9342071
2017-10-18 14:31 -Rmdy: well, they pretty much the same rhythmically
2017-10-18 14:31 MrSergio: umh... clicks cahnge tho
2017-10-18 14:31 MrSergio: which can change the overall feeling by a lot
2017-10-18 14:32 MrSergio: less doubles are easier, so in the second screen I made it a bit harder to read
2017-10-18 14:33 -Rmdy: ye, 2nd one seems better then
2017-10-18 14:33 MrSergio: ye, same
2017-10-18 14:34 MrSergio: yeah, it looks much better now and it's also solid
2017-10-18 14:34 MrSergio: nice nie
2017-10-18 14:35 MrSergio: you should obviously post logs for the cute kd
posted
in case next modders want the updated ver: https://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/2k5WHCwR.rar
(I tried some custom hitsounding but please ignore it for now)
posted
zoom
i am the slowest fastest in all the land

MrSergio wrote:

in case next modders want the updated ver: https://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/2k5WHCwR.rar
(I tried some custom hitsounding but please ignore it for now)
thank you mrsergio

[BASIC]
  1. 00:01:554 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Since the introduction is relatively calm, what about a rhythm like this? Currently, it's all 1/1 just like the rest of the map, so when the music really kicks in at 00:14:107 - it doesn't stand out as much as it could.
  2. 00:03:123 (3,1) - this overlap doesn't look very snazzy, don't you think this could be avoided?
    >00:10:968 (1,3) - same here.
    >00:25:091 (3,1) - yea
  3. 00:06:261 (3,4) - could be an even better parallel
    >00:39:213 (1,2) - same
  4. 00:10:968 (1) - Maybe this could be two circles instead? since 00:10:576 - and 00:11:361 - are similar, it would be nice to have both clickable to emphasize their similarity.
  5. 00:29:798 (1,2,3,4) - I'd suggest widening this pattern a bit rather than using two equilateral triangles. Right now, it could be easily misread as this instead since 2,3 are both the same distances from 1,4 and appear at around the same time, and 1 kind of points at both of them. (which is why 01:15:303 (3,4,5,1) - 01:19:226 (4,1,2,3) - do work since the slider points very clearly at the next circle)
  6. 00:41:567 (4) - Since this is for that weird wadadodoadle sound, what about making the angle a bit more exaggerated? o: like http://puu.sh/y1rP2/b9fe297dc3.jpg . Right now it's a bit flat and doesn't fully bring out the weird sound it follows by being angled, in my opinion.
  7. 01:06:673 (4,1) - I think if you're gonna do a cool crossover between objects like this, it'd be best to move the entire pattern down a bit. atm it's really close to the health bar, so that combined with the new pattern idea (which you only use once? :c) ends up looking really cramped :s
  8. 01:35:702 (1,2) - 01:41:979 (3,4) - these are oddly close compared to other placements in the difficulty, it looks kind of like you ran out of screen space ><
  9. 01:53:355 (1) - Maybe make this a straight slider instead so 01:49:824 (1,2,1,2) - could go straight-curved-straight-curved? :0


[NOVICE]
  1. 00:01:554 (1,2) - you use this type of spacing throughout the map for circles 1/2 after a slider, but it's really so tight together it looks like a 1/4 gap compared to how the rest of the 1/2s are spaced. It's really easy to get confused by. Please consider using the same spacing for all 1/2s or distinguishing these in a different way.
    >00:12:538 (3,4,5) - plus, this combination of the low spacing + stack afterwards just looks.. odd.
  2. 00:26:660 (1,2,3,4,5) - Entire thing looks unneccesarily crowded when even (5) is going under (1)..
  3. 00:28:033 (4,5) - What about extending (4) to end at 00:28:621 - instead, so that 00:28:033 (4,5) - and 00:31:171 (4,5) - are different to differentiate between the different rhythms of the highpitchedinstrumentthing ?
  4. 00:34:506 (4) - possibly stack this one's tail under the head of 00:32:936 (1) - , I think it could allow you to tidy the current overlap without changing very much.
  5. 01:18:049 (3,4,5) - Move this to the left some? So that it could be like this (~smooth~) instead of how it currently is.
  6. 01:21:384 (4,5) - I don't see why you didn't just use a regular stack here.
  7. 01:34:133 (5,1) - 🤔 this overlaps pretty badly but at the same time i can't think of a simple suggestion since you ran yourself into a corner.. uhhh... i believe in you (´。• ᵕ •。`)!!


[MrSergio's ADVANCED]
  1. 00:18:814 (1,2,3) - I dont really understand why this is so much less intense than 00:15:676 (1,2,3,4) - , it feels out of place and unnatural to have 3 as just the 1/1 reverse in comparison to the rhythm used earlier. With 00:16:657 - 00:17:049 - the first time having this sound twice, and the second time having it three times 00:19:403 - 00:19:795 - 00:20:187 - , I would've expected the second combo listed to be a bit harder, if anything.
  2. 00:24:306 (3,4) - http://puu.sh/y1uSt/58bb0c3bac.jpg what do you think about potentially using a rhythm like this? Atm it's odd that 00:24:895 - is skipped entirely :s
  3. 00:45:588 (1,1) - it felt extremely lacking here to gloss over this section with just spinners, especially when it's mapped in every other difficulty in the set.
    edit: after seeing your response to these spinners being pointed out in another mod, I have formed a more concrete rhythm suggestion as an idea of how to map it while not being too much if at all harder than the rest of the map, while remaining to be what I think is still fitting to the song.
    first note being at 00:45:490
  4. 01:04:319 (1,2,3,4,5) - How about moving this entire pattern down to where it'd start around, like, x:318 y:341? two reasons:
    - 01:05:888 (5) - gets really close to the top when it could be moved down without the pattern itself changing like mentioned above.
    - 01:05:888 (5,6,7) - the mix of overlap and stack here looks a bit cramped/odd/gross/weird (i can't figure out the right word for it, it just doesnt look nice like your other intentional overlaps do)
  5. 01:16:872 (1,2,3,4) - i really like this pattern! Though I think it could maybe be imroved by moving (4) to where it goes under (2) the same amount that (3) does. so it could make a nice continuous looking line.. curve.. thing!.
  6. 01:18:442 (1) - While I think you're extending this so that 01:18:442 (1,2,3) - is all continuous 1/4 apart to reflect the held sounds, this extended slider ends up feeling wrong when it goes over so many sounds at 01:18:834 - to end on relatively nothing. Same goes for 01:24:718 (1) -
    > compare to 01:30:995 (1,2,3) - this which is 👌


[Real's EXHAUST]
happy birthday realazy
  1. 00:22:541 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Right now, the outer triangle isn't evenly spaced around the stack in the center due to the stacking. could use a very careful adjustment so that the visuals are more even.
  2. 00:24:895 (5,6,1) - the triple here is weird because 00:24:698 (4,5) - would have the player more focused on the gutairstringpluckinstrumentthingy , but rapidly switching from following that to the 1/4 takes away from that. Maybe delete (6) and place this similar to how you did 00:21:168 (5,6,7,1) - ?
  3. 00:27:248 (4) - 00:28:817 (4) - I'm not sure what these supposed to be following. There isn't really anything very audibly obvious, and as a result it feels really lacking, since they mostly sound like they're reversing to nothing. Especially so when compared to the reverse sliders in this section 00:39:213 - which are following more noticable flowing string sounds.
  4. 00:29:210 (5) - versus 01:08:438 (4) - hm. I think for 00:29:210 - this time, using the same 1/6 slider + circle rhythm as you did later on could be better, as right now the 1/2 slider for the 1/6 sounds kind of wonky when combined when clicking to with the audibly slower 1/4 immediately afterwards instead.
  5. 00:30:975 (2) - while this stacks with 00:31:760 (3) - , they're barely visible at the same time and so it ends up looking like a more sloppy overlap with 00:31:367 (1) - or 00:31:662 (2) - . I'd suggest trying to figure out a different position for it.


[GRAVITY OF THE MOON]
  1. Hi I really like this difficulty it's cool
  2. 00:05:738 (1,2,3) - I think this would look better if (3) were to overlap with the bend of 00:06:261 (1) - instead, as that is the one you're seeing the hitburst of when 00:06:261 (1) - is played. currently with (2) on it, it looks a bit off during gameplay.
  3. 00:12:047 - the sound here is fairly faint and hard to hear. Maybe delete this note? I think it'd play a bit more naturally as a triple+jump instead.
  4. 01:44:725 (5) - no nc for the streamjump? You did that during 00:50:197 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - .
posted

Noffy wrote:

zoom
i am the slowest fastest in all the land

MrSergio wrote:

in case next modders want the updated ver: https://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/2k5WHCwR.rar
(I tried some custom hitsounding but please ignore it for now)
thank you mrsergio

[MrSergio's ADVANCED]
  1. 00:18:814 (1,2,3) - I dont really understand why this is so much less intense than 00:15:676 (1,2,3,4) - , it feels out of place and unnatural to have 3 as just the 1/1 reverse in comparison to the rhythm used earlier. With 00:16:657 - 00:17:049 - the first time having this sound twice, and the second time having it three times 00:19:403 - 00:19:795 - 00:20:187 - , I would've expected the second combo listed to be a bit harder, if anything.
    I generally see no reason as to why a later pattern should be harder in any case.
    The reason why I mapped that sound like that is because it is like that: first instance uses a 1/2, second instance uses a 1/1.
    With the proposed logic, I see no reason to change what the song does :P
  2. 00:24:306 (3,4) - http://puu.sh/y1uSt/58bb0c3bac.jpg what do you think about potentially using a rhythm like this? Atm it's odd that 00:24:895 - is skipped entirely :s
    just the timeline doesn't help since that rhythm can be felt differently based on placement.
    What's more, the beat at 00:24:895 - is not part of the instrument's rhythm I am following so I see no reason to make the map more intense than needed here lol. It's the intro after all and if you compare the whole spread you can see that adding too much 1/2 is not ideal for this diff. (breaks are important in any map)
  3. 00:45:588 (1,1) - it felt extremely lacking here to gloss over this section with just spinners, especially when it's mapped in every other difficulty in the set.
    edit: after seeing your response to these spinners being pointed out in another mod, I have formed a more concrete rhythm suggestion as an idea of how to map it while not being too much if at all harder than the rest of the map, while remaining to be what I think is still fitting to the song.
    first note being at 00:45:490
    you probably didn't see that that part has a constant stream and the upper diffs showed that. I can't possibly choose to map some beats over others just because of some pattern I wanna make (and again, the timeline alone tells me nothing if we talk about making new patterns). This is also a hard so if I want to make the map follow a logic pertinent with the song I should make this last part on the spinners harder than before, but that would create a too high diff spike.
    Reminder that this is a Hard, so I have to cap its difficulty somewhere. In this case, 00:43:332 (4,5,6,1,2,3,4,5,1) - marks the upper most limit
  4. 01:04:319 (1,2,3,4,5) - How about moving this entire pattern down to where it'd start around, like, x:318 y:341? two reasons:
    - 01:05:888 (5) - gets really close to the top when it could be moved down without the pattern itself changing like mentioned above.
    - 01:05:888 (5,6,7) - the mix of overlap and stack here looks a bit cramped/odd/gross/weird (i can't figure out the right word for it, it just doesnt look nice like your other intentional overlaps do)
    to the first reason I have just this: https://i.imgur.com/6c7pj45.png
    to the second reason I can say it's just personal, since that's still a clean overlap. If I were to rate my own overlaps, 00:21:168 (4,5) - would be the worst of all tbh xD
  5. 01:16:872 (1,2,3,4) - i really like this pattern! Though I think it could maybe be imroved by moving (4) to where it goes under (2) the same amount that (3) does. so it could make a nice continuous looking line.. curve.. thing!.
    kinda nazi but why not
  6. 01:18:442 (1) - While I think you're extending this so that 01:18:442 (1,2,3) - is all continuous 1/4 apart to reflect the held sounds, this extended slider ends up feeling wrong when it goes over so many sounds at 01:18:834 - to end on relatively nothing. Same goes for 01:24:718 (1) -
    > compare to 01:30:995 (1,2,3) - this which is 👌
    alright, I wasn't convinced myself too much about it and now that I look back at it it might be too varied to use that pattern for just two instances.
Thanks for the mod!
Updoot: https://mrsergio.s-ul.eu/v8T3VHYX.rar
posted
Mod from my queue.

[Gravity of the moon]
So what I've noticed and felt while playing and modding the map, was that it wasn't really expressive. To me it seemed like you're making patterns based on what you're used to, and what you feel comfortable making, while it ended up in my opinion not expressing the song well enough. Every song is special, and the map should express that special part of it the strongest.
  1. What made me believe that is this stream 00:07:830 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - . It is extremely similar to your piano stream structure while it is entirely a different layer. You show same kind of mapping on different layers.
  2. 00:14:107 - Firstly this section full of the lit bass guitar doesn't follow that in the map... fully. 00:15:676 (1) - The sliderend of this is a strong bass guitar hit, yet it is mapped passively. Not sure what is the intention of that, since there doesn't seem anything else to be followed right now or given priority to, and I believe such lit bass guitar does wonders for this part of the song, meaning it should at least be clickable.
  3. 00:16:460 (3) - Biggest insult to the bass guitar is this slider, which goes over the bass guitar, fully ignoring it, and ends on a random 1/4 drum, which should also be considered to be clickable. 00:19:599 (3) - this too.
  4. 00:18:226 (5,6,7) - Giving this example of a rhythm I highly suggest from a randomly picked part https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9357377 if you try it out, I think you will notice how it feels great to tap on the most noticeable sound fully. When every bass guitar sound is clicked I just feel fulfilled you know? And once again I insist in taking another look in the section and try to make much more bass guitar sounds have a clickable note, not passive on sliderends or even worse. There are much more examples I could give, but if you agree with me, it would be the best if you focused on your own.
  5. 00:30:779 (5,6,7) - I think that I have noticed you switching to primarily follow piano, and if you do you should make 00:31:171 - a clickable note. You tend to make all important sounding piano sounds a clickable note.
  6. 00:32:054 - wo this is burning my ears, please do follow it here. Too loud for anyone to feel indifferent after not tapping it.
  7. 00:38:036 (3) - same here. It is also the ending of a section suggesting the highest point in the section, deserving no holding back with spacing or rhythm. The slider end should be a circle.
  8. 00:39:213 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Even though it is mapped in its same structure and looks good, I still feel like it is a flaw, and could be worked with in order to really express the song. Musically 00:39:213 (1,2,3,4) - is identical to 00:39:605 (5,6,7,8) - is identical to 00:39:998 (1,2,3,4) -, the same old repeating piano. In the map for some reason 00:39:998 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this whole stream is given emphasis, even though there is a major difference (musically) between first four and 00:40:390 (5,6,7,8,1) - which are noticeably more intense, with louder piano sounds on each beat. This is a problem because I don't feel the map complementing the song's piano variable intensity. The piano, oh my, sounds so lit and unique to the song.
  9. 00:39:900 (8,1) - If you intend on using emphasis where the new comboed note has the spacing of the combo it is in, so should the same be done on the whole section to avoid confusion: 00:45:391 (8,1) - 00:42:253 (8,1) -, 00:48:530 (8,1,8,1) - this especially feels a bit uncomfortable and not really understandable.
  10. 00:41:567 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - There are many examples of the map not changing its spacing to correlate a change in the song. The first four notes in the song are not as important as the following four 00:41:959 (5,6,7,8) - which are a lot louder, but in the map not emphasized at all. Further more to better follow the piano you should keep combos from 1 to 4, since the piano seems to break and have a change on every white tick. 00:42:351 (1,3,7) - and exception to that would be this because there is some weird stuff going on and could be better emphasized with 1/4 slider usage to not make it too awkward.
  11. 00:44:705 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Next, this should, imo, be given the biggest spacing (bigger than 00:41:567 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ) since it sounds like a peak, right on the end of the phrase, just happening before resetting the section again in the song. Stuff I mentioned in the first half of the section of course applies to the second one as well.
  12. 01:40:409 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't see a reason for this to have such lower spacing than 01:41:194 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - when there doesn't seem to be anything in the song that varies between the combos.
  13. Also, I think that going full circles is fine, but in the future, I think you should try to follow the weird bits in the sections that the song offers: 01:41:194 (1,3,7,1) - Notice how they're all the same weird sound. They, for one, could be nced weirdly, and then played with 1/4 sliders in order to express that unique part of the section that the song has. I'd rather not give examples as there are countless ways to interpret that.
  14. 01:46:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Another spot of spacing choices that I find questionable. Just because the map is ending, I don't think you should force a buildup if the song doesn't back it up. I hear no significant difference in the song between the first and last stream.


gl.
posted
hitsounds

fixed issue at the end of kiai
posted

ShogunMoon wrote:

  • Real's EXHAUST
  1. 01:22:659 - map this sound, you mapped these sounds 01:19:815 (7,8,1) - 01:20:991 (4,5,6) - but not this 01:22:659 - why, i can't understand? :v
  2. 01:35:212 - ^

they're 1/6 here, compared to the other timestamps you mentioned which are 1/4. i wanna emphasize the bass with those 2 sliders, and i couldn't really map them any other way if i were to map the 1/6 with a reverse slider

Noffy wrote:

[Real's EXHAUST]
happy birthday realazy thanks you too
  1. 00:22:541 (3,4,5,6,7,8) - Right now, the outer triangle isn't evenly spaced around the stack in the center due to the stacking. could use a very careful adjustment so that the visuals are more even. i think it's a pretty minor thing to notice, the spacing is too low so trying to adjust the triangle according to the stacks would make this way too cluttered, considering the pattern is already pretty cramped
  2. 00:24:895 (5,6,1) - the triple here is weird because 00:24:698 (4,5) - would have the player more focused on the gutairstringpluckinstrumentthingy , but rapidly switching from following that to the 1/4 takes away from that. Maybe delete (6) and place this similar to how you did 00:21:168 (5,6,7,1) - ? the last timestamp links to a similar sounding part yet there isn't any triple there, so i can't really do the same. i replaced the reverse slider with a triple though, so the player gets to focus on the bass more
  3. 00:27:248 (4) - 00:28:817 (4) - I'm not sure what these supposed to be following. There isn't really anything very audibly obvious, and as a result it feels really lacking, since they mostly sound like they're reversing to nothing. Especially so when compared to the reverse sliders in this section 00:39:213 - which are following more noticable flowing string sounds. there are pretty noticeable bass triples in the background though even if they're quieter than what you heard previously in the song, so a reverse slider would fit the lower intensity better
  4. 00:29:210 (5) - versus 01:08:438 (4) - hm. I think for 00:29:210 - this time, using the same 1/6 slider + circle rhythm as you did later on could be better, as right now the 1/2 slider for the 1/6 sounds kind of wonky when combined when clicking to with the audibly slower 1/4 immediately afterwards instead. once again, different sections. the first timestamp is 1/6 going immediately into a 1/4 triple, rather than a simple 1/6 quad followed by 1/2 notes. since my focus is on the melody when it's there, i want to make this triple clickable, which is why i use a 1/4 slider to cover up the 1/6 as opposed to not mapping anything, which wouldn't really show any difference in the song
  5. 00:30:975 (2) - while this stacks with 00:31:760 (3) - , they're barely visible at the same time and so it ends up looking like a more sloppy overlap with 00:31:367 (1) - or 00:31:662 (2) - . I'd suggest trying to figure out a different position for it.
    i don't see the issue here though? how does it look like a messy overlap when it's stacked with 00:31:760 (3) - and the visual spacing with 00:31:367 (1,2) - stays consistent..?
bop
posted

Ohwow wrote:

m4m from sergio

could 東方 be redundant in tags? (appears in source as well) no, since it's part of the 東方Project tag that's all in one so it's not redundant
Why no hitsounds... soontm

[BASIC]
00:07:830 (1,2) - Could line these 2 objects up a bit better just to make it look a tad bit better done
00:25:875 (4) - slightly touching the health bar done
00:29:798 (1,3) - Could space the slider and (3) implied slider movement does the trick imo in indicating where next note is. I don't think this will cause confusion.
00:43:920 (3) - slightly touching health bar done
00:44:705 (4,2) - slightly touching, could space it just a bit farther by the time the second sldier is popping in the other one is already faded out so the overlap isn't an issue
00:48:628 (1) - touching health bar done
01:06:673 (4,1) - kinda disagree with this overlap, it stands out way too much and it doesn't look too pretty either. I think it's mroe of an issue of readability, so I fixed it
01:35:702 (1,2) - visually, they are really close to touching. Seems like you're running out of space, so i'd recommend moving 01:34:133 (4,5,1) - to the lower right a bit to give you some more space (using DS to move of course) changed this up a bit
01:29:425 (1) - Is touching the OD (accuracy) bar, might want to bring it up a bit. done
01:38:840 (1,2,3) - right now the (3) is closer to the slider body than (2) is, which is counter-intuitive. Try to make it at least equally spaced (triangle) or maybe space 3 farther so the visual spacing is more intuitive. ended up chaging a bunch of patterns around here
01:41:979 (3,4) - same close to touching ^
01:51:590 (2) - close to health bar moved up a bit

[NOVICE]
00:01:554 (1,2) - 00:04:692 (1,2) - vs 00:15:676 (3,4) - 01:21:580 (5,6) - Is there a reason why you have inconsistent DS for these 1/2 rhythms? You used it kinda randomly throughout the whole song. oops meant to fix that a while ago
00:25:875 (4,1) - Should blanket better tbh, it's really close to blanketting so might as well.
00:31:760 (5) - maybe split into 2 circles to map that flute sound. this aprt is already pretty dense rhythm wise. I don't want to overdo it
01:21:384 (4,5) - stack? done

[GRAVITY OF THE MOON]
00:16:657 - 00:17:049 - Should map this sound, it really stands out in the music. I'm following something else here+ following that bass consistently would be terrible since it has really obnoxious rhythm. I won't just follow it on a one off moment
01:27:856 (1,2,3,4) - I wouldn't overuse the use of 1/4 rhythm gaps between these sliders. I recommend shortening this one to a regular 1/2 I don't think randomly shortening these in the middle of the kia would actually make it better. I'm following the main melody throughout so just changing it here would break consistency
streams are pretty cool :3
eh the main problem i have with this diff is that the use of 1/4 rhythm gaps felt overused. There are sounds on the red tick most of the time (the tick noise) so it make sense to map regular 1/2 rhythms more. just because a sound is there doesn't mean you need to map it ;)

That's it, hope this helps!
Thanks for the mod! (:

ShogunMoon wrote:

m4m sergioo ~

  • General
  1. where are name of gds on tags? added
  2. preview point isn't aligned as far as I know it doesn't need to be snapped and I'm too lazy to go back through all the diffs and resnap it
  • BASIC
  1. Remove widescreen support there's no sb
  2. 00:03:907 (4) - touch the drain bar https://puu.sh/y0qYA/635ac740d4.png done
  3. 00:35:290 (4,3) - tbh this overlap doesn't look good :v both objects are never on screen at the same time + the overlap really isn't apparent
  4. 00:41:567 (4) - i think you can curved it because these sliders are similar 00:39:213 (1,2) - so why not the 2 others 00:40:782 (3,4) I wanted to show change due to the unique sound on here. That's why I have the shape different
  5. 00:43:920 (3) - touch the drain bar fixed on previous mod
  6. 01:23:149 (1) - move to x:127 y:333 for triangle xd https://puu.sh/y0rfb/d83a542264.png moved to x:126 y:332
  7. 01:51:590 (2,1) - umm i increase more blanket, it's should be more attractive blanket
  • NOVICE
  1. remove widescreen support there's no sb
  2. omg check aimod v: I'm checkign it and there's nothing wrong
  3. 00:29:210 - why there isn't a note for more emphasize density would be too high
  4. 00:25:875 (4,1) - imperfect blanket blanket
  5. 00:28:621 (5) - make it straight should work better i think made into curve
  6. 00:35:486 - 00:35:682 - 00:35:879 - map these sounds with a slider renverse, i don't understand why you ignoring these sounds done but with 2 1/2 sliders. Works better than reverses
  7. 01:15:303 (3,4,5,1) - i'm not fan of this flow i don't think that it can work well tbh, plus it's not really attractive umm maybe try something like this https://puu.sh/y0sb7/a82ab6289d.png changed but did my own thing
  8. 01:21:384 (4,5) - not really stacked they are tho???
  • GRAVITY OF THE MOON
  1. 01:03:535 (3,1,2,3) - there are too close, increase a little more spacing like you did here 01:08:242 (2,1,2,3) done


gl!~
Thanks a bunch (:

Noffy wrote:

zoom
i am the slowest fastest in all the land

[BASIC]
  1. 00:01:554 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Since the introduction is relatively calm, what about a rhythm like this? Currently, it's all 1/1 just like the rest of the map, so when the music really kicks in at 00:14:107 - it doesn't stand out as much as it could. redid rhythms here
  2. 00:03:123 (3,1) - this overlap doesn't look very snazzy, don't you think this could be avoided?
    >00:10:968 (1,3) - same here.
    >00:25:091 (3,1) - yea
    I personally don't have an issue with these overlaps and I don't see how they coudl affect the map other than how it looks
  3. 00:06:261 (3,4) - could be an even better parallel this got changed when I changed rhythms above
    >00:39:213 (1,2) - same minor but fixed
  4. 00:10:968 (1) - Maybe this could be two circles instead? since 00:10:576 - and 00:11:361 - are similar, it would be nice to have both clickable to emphasize their similarity. I mapped this section with 2 sliders becaue I wanted to show the similarities between 00:10:968 - and 00:11:753 -
  5. 00:29:798 (1,2,3,4) - I'd suggest widening this pattern a bit rather than using two equilateral triangles. Right now, it could be easily misread as this instead since 2,3 are both the same distances from 1,4 and appear at around the same time, and 1 kind of points at both of them. (which is why 01:15:303 (3,4,5,1) - 01:19:226 (4,1,2,3) - do work since the slider points very clearly at the next circle) widened
  6. 00:41:567 (4) - Since this is for that weird wadadodoadle sound, what about making the angle a bit more exaggerated? o: like http://puu.sh/y1rP2/b9fe297dc3.jpg . Right now it's a bit flat and doesn't fully bring out the weird sound it follows by being angled, in my opinion. wadadodoadled it
  7. 01:06:673 (4,1) - I think if you're gonna do a cool crossover between objects like this, it'd be best to move the entire pattern down a bit. atm it's really close to the health bar, so that combined with the new pattern idea (which you only use once? :c) ends up looking really cramped :s This got changed quite a bit in a previous mod so it doesn't really apply anymore
  8. 01:35:702 (1,2) - 01:41:979 (3,4) - these are oddly close compared to other placements in the difficulty, it looks kind of like you ran out of screen space >< spaced them apart
  9. 01:53:355 (1) - Maybe make this a straight slider instead so 01:49:824 (1,2,1,2) - could go straight-curved-straight-curved? :0 done


[NOVICE]
  1. 00:01:554 (1,2) - you use this type of spacing throughout the map for circles 1/2 after a slider, but it's really so tight together it looks like a 1/4 gap compared to how the rest of the 1/2s are spaced. It's really easy to get confused by. Please consider using the same spacing for all 1/2s or distinguishing these in a different way. ya., self modded this earlier, made consistent 1/2 spacing
    >00:12:538 (3,4,5) - plus, this combination of the low spacing + stack afterwards just looks.. odd.
  2. 00:26:660 (1,2,3,4,5) - Entire thing looks unneccesarily crowded when even (5) is going under (1).. moved 5 so it doesn't overlap; but kep the 1-4 overlap
  3. 00:28:033 (4,5) - What about extending (4) to end at 00:28:621 - instead, so that 00:28:033 (4,5) - and 00:31:171 (4,5) - are different to differentiate between the different rhythms of the highpitchedinstrumentthing ? done
  4. 00:34:506 (4) - possibly stack this one's tail under the head of 00:32:936 (1) - , I think it could allow you to tidy the current overlap without changing very much. done
  5. 01:18:049 (3,4,5) - Move this to the left some? So that it could be like this (~smooth~) instead of how it currently is. chnaged in another mod
  6. 01:21:384 (4,5) - I don't see why you didn't just use a regular stack here. it is a regular stack tho??
  7. 01:34:133 (5,1) - 🤔 this overlaps pretty badly but at the same time i can't think of a simple suggestion since you ran yourself into a corner.. uhhh... i believe in you (´。• ᵕ •。`)!! Your believing made it possible, thanks!!


[GRAVITY OF THE MOON]
  1. Hi I really like this difficulty it's cool thanks!
  2. 00:05:738 (1,2,3) - I think this would look better if (3) were to overlap with the bend of 00:06:261 (1) - instead, as that is the one you're seeing the hitburst of when 00:06:261 (1) - is played. currently with (2) on it, it looks a bit off during gameplay. bend overlapped
  3. 00:12:047 - the sound here is fairly faint and hard to hear. Maybe delete this note? I think it'd play a bit more naturally as a triple+jump instead. that sound is pretty loud ot me
  4. 01:44:725 (5) - no nc for the streamjump? You did that during 00:50:197 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - fixeedddddd
Thank you for the mod (:

MaridiuS wrote:

Mod from my queue.

[Gravity of the moon]
So what I've noticed and felt while playing and modding the map, was that it wasn't really expressive. To me it seemed like you're making patterns based on what you're used to, and what you feel comfortable making, while it ended up in my opinion not expressing the song well enough. Every song is special, and the map should express that special part of it the strongest.
  1. What made me believe that is this stream 00:07:830 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5) - . It is extremely similar to your piano stream structure while it is entirely a different layer. You show same kind of mapping on different layers. I'm utilizing a similar concept throughout the map, of course that kind of thing happens. It doesn't stop me from still correctly representing the different variations of the song tho
  2. 00:14:107 - Firstly this section full of the lit bass guitar doesn't follow that in the map... fully. 00:15:676 (1) - The sliderend of this is a strong bass guitar hit, yet it is mapped passively. Not sure what is the intention of that, since there doesn't seem anything else to be followed right now or given priority to, and I believe such lit bass guitar does wonders for this part of the song, meaning it should at least be clickable. I completely disagree. I decided not to follow the bass anywhere for the song because I prefer to give priority to the main melody over it. I saw the backgrounds drums as closer to the melody than the bass (because the drums are also there consistently through the song and most of my decisisons are based on that) and decided to follow those instead. I'm not saying that following the drums is wrong, but it's not part of my interpretation of what makes the song special or important, thus I didn't follow it.
  3. 00:16:460 (3) - Biggest insult to the bass guitar is this slider, which goes over the bass guitar, fully ignoring it, and ends on a random 1/4 drum, which should also be considered to be clickable. 00:19:599 (3) - this too. refer to previous paragraph
  4. 00:18:226 (5,6,7) - Giving this example of a rhythm I highly suggest from a randomly picked part https://osu.ppy.sh/ss/9357377 if you try it out, I think you will notice how it feels great to tap on the most noticeable sound fully. When every bass guitar sound is clicked I just feel fulfilled you know? And once again I insist in taking another look in the section and try to make much more bass guitar sounds have a clickable note, not passive on sliderends or even worse. There are much more examples I could give, but if you agree with me, it would be the best if you focused on your own.
  5. 00:30:779 (5,6,7) - I think that I have noticed you switching to primarily follow piano, and if you do you should make 00:31:171 - a clickable note. You tend to make all important sounding piano sounds a clickable note. done
  6. 00:32:054 - wo this is burning my ears, please do follow it here. Too loud for anyone to feel indifferent after not tapping it.
  7. 00:38:036 (3) - same here. It is also the ending of a section suggesting the highest point in the section, deserving no holding back with spacing or rhythm. The slider end should be a circle. done
  8. 00:39:213 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Even though it is mapped in its same structure and looks good, I still feel like it is a flaw, and could be worked with in order to really express the song. Musically 00:39:213 (1,2,3,4) - is identical to 00:39:605 (5,6,7,8) - is identical to 00:39:998 (1,2,3,4) -, the same old repeating piano. In the map for some reason 00:39:998 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - this whole stream is given emphasis, even though there is a major difference (musically) between first four and 00:40:390 (5,6,7,8,1) - which are noticeably more intense, with louder piano sounds on each beat. This is a problem because I don't feel the map complementing the song's piano variable intensity. The piano, oh my, sounds so lit and unique to the song. Agree, this song is amazing. Adjusted the spacing of 00:39:998 (1,2,3,4) - to resemble more the rest. I didn't put it at the same spacing tho (they are way close now) because that would simply make the streams very very very very annoying to read and hit
  9. 00:39:900 (8,1) - If you intend on using emphasis where the new comboed note has the spacing of the combo it is in, so should the same be done on the whole section to avoid confusion: 00:45:391 (8,1) - 00:42:253 (8,1) -, 00:48:530 (8,1,8,1) - this especially feels a bit uncomfortable and not really understandable. In all those places I used 1.00x or 1.20x ds to emphasize the comboed notes. Only one changed is 00:45:391 (8,1) - due to the stronger cymbals there. oh and I changed 00:47:843 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - to bette reflect the spacing of 00:46:274 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) -
  10. 00:41:567 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - There are many examples of the map not changing its spacing to correlate a change in the song. The first four notes in the song are not as important as the following four 00:41:959 (5,6,7,8) - which are a lot louder, but in the map not emphasized at all. Those wooshy wooshy sounds sure are weird. Changed spacing a bit, I don't want to go too overkill here Further more to better follow the piano you should keep combos from 1 to 4, since the piano seems to break and have a change on every white tick. 00:42:351 (1,3,7) - and exception to that would be this because there is some weird stuff going on and could be better emphasized with 1/4 slider usage to not make it too awkward. there are still sounds there being covered so I don't think a change is needed
  11. 00:44:705 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Next, this should, imo, be given the biggest spacing (bigger than 00:41:567 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - ) since it sounds like a peak, right on the end of the phrase, just happening before resetting the section again in the song. Stuff I mentioned in the first half of the section of course applies to the second one as well. The consistent spacing of that part is just fine and its intensity isn't really much stronger than 00:41:567 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - (I even hear it kinda as weaker)
  12. 01:40:409 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - I don't see a reason for this to have such lower spacing than 01:41:194 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - when there doesn't seem to be anything in the song that varies between the combos. changed
  13. Also, I think that going full circles is fine, but in the future, I think you should try to follow the weird bits in the sections that the song offers: 01:41:194 (1,3,7,1) - Notice how they're all the same weird sound. They, for one, could be nced weirdly, and then played with 1/4 sliders in order to express that unique part of the section that the song has. I'd rather not give examples as there are countless ways to interpret that. will keep that in mind (:
  14. 01:46:686 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1) - Another spot of spacing choices that I find questionable. Just because the map is ending, I don't think you should force a buildup if the song doesn't back it up. I hear no significant difference in the song between the first and last stream.Made spacing closer to eachother but I still want a spacing change because of piano added + other soudns that appear there to add to the song in it's climax


gl.
Thank you for the help (:

Additional list of changes:
Added GDers to tags
Changed back source + move IN to tags
Added hitsounds on all diffs
Updated diffs for Sergio and Real
posted
Gravity of the Moon
- 00:16:460 (3,4) - This and 00:19:206 (2,3,4) - ignore the slap-bass so much despite it really standing out. I wish at least they'd land on slider ends or something if you really don't want to make them clickable (but clickable would be nice.) 00:21:952 (1,3) - etc etc
- 00:51:374 (5) - Would be nice to have 1/4 sliders here instead since it's a climax but the 1/2 slider here actually lowers that tension. Something like https://i.imgur.com/gFQXfTV.jpg
- 01:35:702 (1,2) - Blanket!
- 01:37:271 (1,2) - Shouldn't this be a bit more uncomfortable like the previous sliders? 01:34:133 (1,2) - referring to this
- 01:44:332 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - Not sure why you put a 4 note split here. If it's for the flute: firstly it's quite hard to hear, secondly, it should also be done at 01:49:040 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8). Personally, I'm not a fan of it and think it would be nice to just continue the 9 note streams since the flute is so barely audible in the back.

Real's Exhaust
- 00:55:885 (3) - 1/6.
- 01:05:888 (1,2,3) - 3 looks a bit close, space further away from 2 like 2 is from 1?

Sensei's Advanced
- 00:21:952 (1,2) - Following the background bagpipe thing only here with these really long sliders while the bass still is going feels very weird. I would recommend just ignoring it to keep the player focused on the bass because as it is the sound is quite inaudible.

Novice
- 01:04:319 (1,2) - Why all of a sudden does spacing here drop so massively. Players might get confused over this and click much earlier than they should. I recommend keeping the DS as you did the first whole minute.

Basic
- 01:34:133 (4,5,1) - Triangle here can be improved.

posted
done and done
posted
umh... I kinda start the focus on that sound with 00:21:168 (4,5) - tho and the later on 00:34:506 (1) - works on that too: I tried changing them into 1/1 slider + circle, but then 00:34:506 (1) - didn't work that great because of the series of clicks I have (I basically created a diff spike out of nowhere, zzz).

Conclusion: for the sake of consistency and overall difficulty, those sliders are actually better as is for now imo. I will try to play around with hitsounds and see if I can do something



EDIT: mfw my diff still had S:C4 on all timings lol. @celerih move them to S:C1 when you can xD
Please sign in to reply.