forum

Sonic Heroes (Jun Senoue) - Egg Fleet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
K2J
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Saturday, March 21, 2009 at 2:32:13 AM

Artist: Jun Senoue
Title: Egg Fleet
Source: Sonic Heroes
BPM: 180
Filesize: 4499kb
Play Time: 02:43
Difficulties Available:
  1. Chaotix Medium (2.84 stars, 138 notes)
  2. Dark Insane (4.96 stars, 486 notes)
  3. Rose Easy (1.15 stars, 103 notes)
  4. Sonic Hard (4.64 stars, 296 notes)
Download: Jun Senoue - Egg Fleet
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Let's try this again. My first Beatmap, now in the process of being redone.

I've always loved airborne aircraft carriers (note that my other WIP beatmap is Meta Knight's Revenge), and thus Egg Fleet was an amazing level for me in an otherwise bland Sonic Heroes.

Progress:
Dates are in GMT - 5:00

22 Oct 2008: Rose Easy complete.
30 Oct 2008: Chaotix Medium complete.
1 Nov 2008: Sonic Hard complete. Some sound effects changed.
2 Nov 2008: Dark Insane complete. Moved to Pending for review; I don't think it's going to get any harder than this.
3 Nov 2008: Dark Insane's ending moved to thirds of beats; does it work better here?
-- Modded 21 Nov 2008 (m980) --
22 Nov 2008: Mod stuff fixed, end of Dark Insane replaced with spinner. Letters don't look as defined as they used to, but hey, it's playable, and I'm thankful for m980 pointing that out.
-- Modded 9 December 2008 (chan) --
9 December 2008: Chaotix and Hero fixed accordingly, Easy pending more patience once exams are over, see my reply for the Insane ending.
10 December 2008: Slight Chaotix fix on the sliders. It's supposed to spell Chaotix, but there's no way to make the H easy enough. I think the T no longer being obscured by the O means that it's passable and easy to see, butI'll sleep on it.
11 December 2008: Tried my best to time the end section, but I'm still a bit shaky. Oh, and I suck at slider art, so that heart in Rose is about as good as I can make it at the moment. Any tips on either of these problems?
17 December 2008: Removed the end of Insane. Just period; I'm tired of trying to deal with it. Some sound samples switched around, as well. The Rose slider is fine by me for right now, but if anyone can help, that would be nice.
31 December 2008: Did a round in chat about the slider, it's better now.
1 January 2009: Shrunk the Chaotix circles a notch to be on-par with the new smaller Rose ones.
4 January 2009: Redid a slider in Chaotix so it didn't look as weird, did the same to a later cut-n-paste of it in the same difficulty.
8 January 2009: Made the ending of Insane have larger jumps.
12 January 2009: Reduced the Insane jumps to be more about direction change and less about distance.
22 January 2009: The voice artist for Squidward would be proud of me.
-- Modded 29 January 2009 (Mogsworth) --
29 January 2009: Responded to Mogsworth's modding.
30 January 2009: Fixed some things on Insane, such as changing some quick layered sliders back to same direction instead of opposite to be consistant. Added thumbnail.
12 February 2009: Fixed by happy30's list. I'm surprised I missed a lot of that stuff, thanks.
22 February 2009: A couple of hitsounds fixed for consistancy.
26 February 2009: Fixed according to Skyripper.
01 March 2009: Fixed according to Larto on chat, made a few adjustments to the start of Medium.
04 March 2009: Fixed according to awp, added the default applause.mp3 so custom skins don't mess with the act clear.
12 March 2009: Another week, another bump.
20 March 2009: Went through again to get the hitsounds worked out.
20 March 2009: Fixed by Zerostarry.
20 March 2009: Fixed by flyboy87.
21 March 2009: Fixed as per RemmyX25.
Zerostarry
y u b stealinz my jun senoue songs?

I'll check this out later btw!~
emj
lol i like the spell out of sonic in hard . heres a few things i caught
1:30:81 the slider is off move it back one.
!:48:06 the slider here sounds weird.. some one else should check it..
1:58:22 spacing
2:00:06 spacing
actualy there is alot of spacing issues around that area.
Topic Starter
K2J
How is it now?
Wojjan
I tried Chaotix Medium and I really liked it. I'm not going to be nitpicky, you've done a great job!
Behon
Awesome job, at least on Easy and Medium (I haven't tried the others yet because I'm lazy).

That said, the EBA countdown seems a little out of place, especially since you've already got so many Sonic sounds implemented. Also, maybe on Medium you should have letters spelling out Chaotix instead of Espio?

Download: Titan - Strength and Fury (adron zhero) [TheVileOne's Hard].osu
Topic Starter
K2J
I feel the countdown is necessary due to the first beat being the first beat of the song, and I'm rather a fan of EBA's countdown as opposed to the generic one. You can remove those files if you wish.

I thought maybe to spell out "Chaotix", but I think that would take too long. I also considered "Vector" since he's technically the leader, but then that would mean I'd have to spell out "Rouge" for Team Dark to be consistent (the leader is the character that speaks first on the Sonic Heroes Story Select screen).

I'll think it over. Maybe they'll just be special cases and I'll manage to get an X in there.

Oh, and just so you guys don't think I'm crazy, I can't pass Dark without at least the slowdown mod. I knew there were those out there with skills beyond mine, and I wanted to have that there for them. :D
Topic Starter
K2J
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
luckydog_old
I can't beat map for crap, but at one part in easy, I found it was rather offbeat. I'm unsure if this was done on purpose or not but I figured some feedback was better then none at all.
Topic Starter
K2J
I'm assuming you're referring to the sliders at around 02:04:06? Since it's Easy mode, I had to have a few more moments open for beginning players to move from one to the next. I've never been really satisfied with that section, but I think it works fine for now... I'll look over it, however. Thanks.

Mogsy
HUEG IMAGES

For the offset I got 14,720. Eliminate the other timing section.
It seems perfectly salvageable. Just fix the horrendous spacing. :3

Dark Insane:
-I'm going to ask this: did you use distance spacing at all? A lot of the spacing pisses me off. Please use distance spacing.
Like, compare the distance on the grid to the distance on the timeline in both of these:

-02:41:14 (5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 1, 2, 1, 1) - Highlight all of these on the timeline and move them over a tick in 1/4.
Here's what it should look like:

Sonic Hard:
-Same distance issues, like from early on:

...and here...

-02:41:30 (1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 3, 4) - Remember the offsync part in Insane? Yeah, here we go again.

Chaotix Medium:
-Distance problems. Like here:

...and here...

-Patterns like 01:29:39 (end of 2, 1, 2) kinda feels weird, just because you don't add in the beat between the end of 2 and 1.
-02:42:64 (1, 2, 1, 2, 1) - Here's what it should look like:

Rose Easy:
-Spacing problems, just like before. A main culprit:

-02:17:88 until the end: highlight everything and move it over to the right one tick in 1/4.

Essentially, remap this with better spacing. Sorry for going image-happy.

Topic Starter
K2J
I'll get right on those. I wasn't even aware there were multiple timing sections, either! I guess I forgot to delete one of my earlier tries.

And no, I admit I didn't use distance spacing, since it was rather hard for me to figure out. I'll keep trying, though.
Mogsy
Depending on the difficulty, you might what to change the distance spacing (hit alt and it should come up if you have Distance Snap selected).
Topic Starter
K2J
Just to clarify: you're saying the spacing is too tight? As in, I'm putting notes on the screen in places that would imply you're supposed to hit them earlier? So, in your Easy example, the two circle notes should be moved farther away?

If not, I archived the old version in the event that I mess everything up.
Topic Starter
K2J

Mogsworth wrote:

HUEG IMAGES

For the offset I got 14,720. Eliminate the other timing section.
Misread this at first, uploading new timing now.

Also, am I allowed to respectfully disagree with you on the last notes of Medium? It's supposed to be following the bass, which is a quarter-note off the usual beat.
Topic Starter
K2J
I got a complete rip of the song, so I edited the MP3. This caused the offset to change to 14,783 (which was pretty damn close in Audacity, at least). I moved this back to the Help forum due to the change, and because the spacing needs to be re-redone (i.e., the spacing is consistant, but it doesn't match the difficulty and the speed of the sliders).
Topic Starter
K2J
Everything's redone. I'm somewhat satisfied, but please, if there's any problems, let me know! I'd rather spend another two weeks making a good map than just sitting on a semi-par one.

In particular, does anyone have any comment on the new timing section at the end of Insane? It feels pretty close to me, but I'm still unsure.
Topic Starter
K2J
After doing some other maps and gaining experience, I realized the spacing isn't in any shape to be played yet. It might take some time, so I asked for a temporary graveyard. I'll update again once I've gone over the spacing again; the map's will probably have to be done from the ground up.
Topic Starter
K2J

Beatmap revival to Help, please. I got the new Easy done, and I know it's at least a bit better than last time.
mattyu007
Revived & moved to Beatmap Help~
show more