As you all might have noticed, I have recently been working to implement ScoreV2 for Taiko. This will be used for the upcoming TWC 2017.
I'm opening this thread up because I'm interested in discussing and hearing your thoughts about ScoreV2. I will be working with people to implement changes to make sure the scoring system works well for everyone.
Please, do not discuss Star Rating and PP here.
Here are a few changes as talking points about the current Taiko ScoreV2 system:
- Note scroll speeds reverted to ScoreV1.
- HD also limits the view area like HDHR.
- The note scroll speeds not adjust based on resolution. The default resolution is 4:3. As such, the track is no longer cut to a 4:3 resolution with HD.
- HDHR now accounts for the HR speed multiplier to make notes as visible as with just HD.
- Normal notes are unchanged. Scoring is 300 for an accurate hit, 100 for an inaccurate hit.
- Hitting finishers with one key no longer causes a combo break.
- Finisher second key hits now award between 3 and 10 times (linear scale) the amount of points of a normal hit as bonus points, dependent on the number of finishers in the beatmap. In this way a beatmap with less than or equal to 30 finishers will award 10 times the amount of points, and a beatmap with 120 or more finishers will award 3 times the amount of points.
- Finishers now give a 300/100 hit for successful hits with the first key, and 900/300 hit for successful hits with the second key. Thus the total max score attainable from a finisher is 1200/400 (4x a normal hit).
- Not pressing the second key for finishers now results in a combo break (but not a miss).
- Finishers no longer require double presses.
- Finishers are calculated last and are worth 4x the score. E.g. 300 normal -> 1200 finisher. 350 drum roll -> 1400 finisher.
- Finishers require double presses, like a double chord in osu!mania. Lenience has not been adjusted for this.
- Drum roll tick notelocking has been removed.
- Drum roll ticks are now worth 200 points.
- Drum roll ticks are now forced to 1/3 spacing if the beatmap has a slider tick rate of 3.
- Drum roll ticks are now counted towards the "bonus" portion of the score. This is added on top of the 1000000 score.
- Upon completion of a drum roll, a miss will be given if the player has hit less than 15% of the ticks, a 100 will be given if the player has hit between 15% and 30% of the ticks, and a miss will be given if the player has hit more than 30% of the ticks. This percentage is adjusted linearly based on Overall Difficulty, and is calculated linearly between minimum values of 5%/10% at OD = 0 and maximum values 15%/30% at OD >= 6.
- Drum roll ticks no longer award HP.
- Drum roll ticks are worth 350 points.
- Drum roll ticks are forced to 1/4 spacing.
- Drum roll ticks are counted towards the "combo" portion of the score, as such they affect how close you get to 1000000 score.
- Upon completion of a drum roll, a miss will be given if the player has hit less than 30% of the ticks (unsuccessful), otherwise a 300 hit will be given.
- Drum rolls award HP for each tick and for successful completion of the drum roll.
- Spinner notelocking has been removed.
- Spinners now give misses if the player has spun less than or equal to the amount of required rotations, a 100 hit if the player has spun more than 50% of the required rotations, and a 300 hit if the player has spun 100% of the required rotations.
- A miss will be given upon unsuccessful completion of a spinner.
- A 300 hit will be given upon successful completion of a spinner.
- Spinners award around half the HP of drum rolls for each hit and for successful completion of the spinner.
- All reverted.
- HP drain for misses has been halved.
- Taiko now has HP. HP values are calculated exactly the same as osu!mania.
And please _please_ don't spam me with PMs telling me to read a comment in here ;___;.