forum

why do you keep living?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
genuine question, what is the thing that makes you want to go through one more day? what makes you happy?
does it have to do with people?
does it have to do with hobbies?
does it have to do with a strong belief?

the filosophical shower thoughts go hard
MistressRemilia
My wife, my girlfriend, my cats, an incredibly strong fear of death, and good food. In approximately that order.
lostsilver
my family :)
Wimpy Cursed
Honestly only ideas are keeping me alive.
Like, what new things can I experience in the future? What could I make?
And also learning, somewhat.

I am not sure on how that answer will change overtime
synthwavesquid
i will come back from the dead if i haven't made a complete mindfuck of an artpiece by the time i die

or just done something of value (in my own fucked up personal definition of the idea)
Nuuskamuikkunen
There's people from here I would like to talk to and to thank personally. People that have been quite memorable and have inspired me to become a better person and value myself more. People that have taught me the value of trusting someone, the value of caring for someone.

I want to tell them to the face: "I finally did it".

I want to finish with possibly my favorite (non comedic) quote from The Simpsons (Season 2 might not be the funniest but the drama moments were just spectacular):

Homer Simpson wrote:

Now, you lost someone special and it hurt. I'm lucky because I never lost anyone special to me. Everyone special to me is under this roof. It's true. Now, you'll have lots of special people in your life, Lisa. There's probably some place where they all get together and the food is real good, and guys like me are serving drinks. Oh, well, maybe I can't explain this, but I can fix your dollhouse for you.
z0z
uh

i guess causing a change in status quo isn't something i'll like to do much
DM FOR MUTUAL
Honestly it's just because dying is scary.

And I guess that I have stuff I wanna do and it'd be sad if I died without at least giving these things a shot.
sametdze
i dont like my family, but i like making them proud. also, if amtrak drops a new locomotive one day after i die im gonna beg god to let me respawn so yeah
sametdze

MistressRemilia wrote:

My wife, my girlfriend, my cats, an incredibly strong fear of death, and good food. In approximately that order.
wife and girlfriend? as in multiple people? as in you have a wife AND a girlfriend (who are both different people) at the same time?
Topic Starter
Reyalp51

sametdze wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

wife and girlfriend? as in multiple people? as in you have a wife AND a girlfriend (who are both different people) at the same time?
i think he means his waifu kek
ClevelandsMyBro
mom would be sad
Rhythm32
For my sister, my brother, my family, for gaming.
Jangsoodlor
for imaginary 2d waifus, my dreams and ambitions, my will to see the world becomes a better place and the fact that you only live this life once.
burgernfat
fuck it we ball
Patatitta

burgernfat wrote:

fuck it we ball
ZeroArtisan
I'm narcissistic enough to believe things will truly get better if I just continue to do what I believe in.

There's just no point avoiding life.
Aireunaeus
That's a quite deep question

Well my reason to keep living is to acomplish the stuff i havent done yet. Who knows what happens after death. Maybe nothing happens, you get reincarnated. I would just enjoy life as it is.
Behrauder
To keep finding bugs in BBCode.

Because I am happy.
MistressRemilia

sametdze wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

Yes, they're two separate people.

Reyalp51 wrote:

No, then I'd have like 50 girlfriends. And she*.
lostsilver

MistressRemilia wrote:

sametdze wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

thats cool!!
Behrauder

MistressRemilia wrote:

sametdze wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

You are probably the rarest person on the entire OT!, for several different reasons lol.
MistressRemilia

Behrauder wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

sametdze wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

You are probably the rarest person on the entire OT!, for several different reasons lol.
Oh I don't doubt it XD
reffty_gag

lostsilver wrote:

same
Aireunaeus

reffty_gag wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

same
Don’t forget to mention friends ^^
MrMcMikey22
a
lostsilver

My Angel Anaxii wrote:

reffty_gag wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

same
Don’t forget to mention friends ^^
yessir!!
sametdze
i also like to mention that i also only live for jumpstyle too, its one of my favourite genres. if it werent for jumpstyle and trains i would probably be dead
Hachiman Ryouta
A brighter future in sight, but not just dream about it, i do everything in my hands to achieve it everyday i am learning new things, studying, knowing people, etc. That is what keeps me in movement and it was pretty hard to have this mindset tbh.
MrMcMikey22
I actually don't really know, like at all...

I really don't know what's gonna happen next...
Patatitta

MistressRemilia wrote:

sametdze wrote:

MistressRemilia wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

No, then I'd have like 50 girlfriends. And she*.
polyamorous lesbian who is also married and older than the rest of ot

you're the best user in ot
Topic Starter
Reyalp51
wait woman exist
keremaru
ngl i'm only living bc i'm too much of a pussy to follow through
B0ii
because
MrMcMikey22

B0ii wrote:

because
because because
Corne2Plum3
idk
AnnaRazy
why not?
z0z
i mean if someone killed me, i would be dead
NotKal
I have a dream where George Washington himself told me to be a marine but im not an American so im just trying to get that citizenship and fulfill my duty Mr Washington give.
Behrauder

Behrauder wrote:

To keep finding bugs in BBCode.

Because I am happy.
Although this is true, I thought this answer was a bit superficial, so I decided to think a little more about it:

I live because I want to live, and I want to live because I want to want to live, and I want to want to live because I'm afraid of death, and I'm also afraid of stopping being afraid of death, and I (we?) probably have this fear because of biology or something like that, since if humans were not adapted to want to continue with their lives, the law of natural selection would filter them out.

But this doesn't matter much, now I'm going to go back to what I was doing, and find cool bugs in bbcode. /j
Dilly_P
The little hope I have left for the future.
xch00F
because I keep putting water and food into my mouth
family, friends, and art, mostly
Achromalia
everything people see, everything people make, everything people feel

i love watching people, and i love watching them create and cultivate, but i also love when they're at ease and lounging how they like. i love when people help each other and care for each other, and preferably i like to see a little bit of a counterpoint to the cynicism that exists at the moment, but sometimes cynicism itself is interesting and meaningfully reflective of humanity too

i want to consume everything that humanity is, sometimes, i guess
i'm mostly just a voyeur lol

but i do hope to someday participate in a little bit of that creation and nurturance.
vNoke
theres lots of yummy foods i havent tried
NotKal
I haven't fulfilled my promise to George Washington yet.
We met in a dream if you ask.