forum

Patatitta's analysis corner

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
Patatitta
will watch them both

edit: okay I did not recognise it by the japanese name but tatami galaxy was in my plan to watch, heard it's good, excidet to see it
Topic Starter
Patatitta
purrgatory:

this game is a banger and i'm honestly surprised that I haven't played it before, if niv reads this for whatever reason, good job

I say i'm surprised I didn't play it before because I could tell what side of itch.io this game was on by the first 5 lines of dialogue. In many ways, the way the dialogue is written and how it is overall made really reminds me of people like nomnomnami and npckc and the such. Just these shorter, very cute and fluffly VN/graphical adventures. I really got into those type of games a few years back, so idk how I really hadn't played this

The only actual complaint I have about the game is the map being a bit disorienting, it was a little bit to navigate at first when you didn't know the map from memory, maybe adding a map or something like that would have helped, or changing the perspectives of certain rooms

Honestly I really appreciate that this was just requested after class of '09, because I cant name two games, which are mostly on the same genre, that are more opposite from each other than these two. If this game were places, class of 09 is a nuclear wasteland and purrgatory is a pillow fort. Honeslty I think comparing the two games is a really good way to talk about them

the dialogue in purrgatory is instantly recognisable of this type of games, as they're normally all lowercase, very informal, sometimes uses emotions like :3, and feels more like you're reading a discord conversation than vn dialogue. Which has it's charm, as I say, I like this subgenre

The characters are all furries, which, was to be expected with a game like this. But actually, having furry character is actually mad good for making instantly recognisable characters, and that helps when you're introduced to many characters in such a small ammount of time, like this game, it's easier to tell apart a moth from a snake than just two human beings

Now, the comedy. I enjoyed the coemdy, however, the ammount of cat puns and puns in general are enough to kill some people, which on itself would be a cat-astrophe (That joke is stolen directly from the game, that's the level of comedy we're working with here). But, honestly, I think puns works, the atmosphere of the game is very comfy so just having this little harmless silly jokes really makes sense

This atmosphere also helps a lot with the story, which is on the line of "just enjoy the mundane of life", no need to get 25434 awards and set your name in history, just staying in bed one day or two and working on a webcomic you started for fun is a fine way of living life

on the topic of the story, I did not expect that credit sequence, really made me a bit emotional

Again, comparing to class of 09, this is probably one of the most striking differences, class of 09 feels made under the idea of "oh comedy is dead, everyone gets offended nowadays", and then you have a game with 40 different cat puns

The game was never difficult, never had to use the guide, which is good consdiering i'm dumb af.

Yeah this game is just very good, really enjoyed, 5 stars, followed on itch.io

---------

skelter heaven

this isn't a bad anime, this is a anime speedrun.

It's not like ex-arm where it's just shit, this is just a 20 minute anime trying to speedrun the plot, tries to be mysterius and profound with like the random object that moves, introduces waifus and mechas, has ecchi scenes with the waifus, then has a dramatic moment on like the friendships and relations of the characters, then they have an action scene, etc

I'm going to say, this is not the worst thing i've seen. While this is a speedrun, they at least kinda tried something, I would argue that something like gladiformers is worse just because it is a copy of something else

also voice acting is fucking funny I love it

next: tatami galaxy
also I remembered I said to do fist of the north star manga woops kinda forgot about it will also do

no updates on rain code
been watching that yt video too it's cool I guess
Topic Starter
Patatitta
the tatami galaxy

god tier anime, really

First of all, tamami galaxy probably has one of the best animations in anime in my perosnal opinion, the actual visuals are absolutely amazing, the way color is used to express ideas, mainly with that twist in chapter 10 that really makes you rethink the color choices for the entire anime, that's just brilliant

the plot itself is also great, in short, it's about this guy who wants to live their school years to the max, however, at the end of it, they always think that they could hnave done different life choices. The next chapter is usually a different life path the protagonist could have taken. Note that there is also an overarching plot

this anime blurs every line in existance. In this case, this anime knows it's an anime, and is more focused on giving you the best watching experience over anything else. This is true for most works, however, it feels like tatami galaxy takes it that to the next level. It feels like most fourth wall breaks nowadays are extremely blantant, however, tatami only really starts making cheeky references to that in like chapter 6, and it's just a very quick line of dialogue.

Not only that, but there are certain characters and reacurring jokes, that while it may break up the actual timeline and maybe the protagonist knows something that they shouldn't to make the joke, the anime isn't too worried about that. And I feel teh anime is better because of that

even if it seems like each chapter is their contained story, this really isn't the case, as in their different lifes, characters from their previous life will appear, which no need now introduction, since they were a main character in the past. It's also interesting to see how much the relationship changes depending in which circustances and how they end up meeting each character.

Now, the dialogue, holy fucking shit slow down a bit, this is proably the FASTEST narration i've seen. Like really, it is fast. However, the internal monologue is actually really good, again, the character doesn't talk in a way that would be realistic, it works in the way that better shows the idea the anime is trying to push

the actual idea is interesting, in the anime, every idea, every club they joined kinda ended up in failure for the goal they wanted to achieve, it was only in giving up the idea of living the best years possibles that they found the happiness they were looking for, in every reality, in every moment, they had the opportunity to turn things back around, but the protagonist just didn't realize this.

anime is just really good

-------

The History of the Seattle Mariners | Dorktown (Yt docummentary)

ah yes, 4 hour long video on stuff I dont really care about or know anything, my beloved (but actually).

The actual video was good, it kinda reminded me of this video but if instead of directed to science nerds it was directed torwards sports guys. Now, I will say, while I dont really have much to say because it's just a docummentary on true things, with not too much on top, I will say that this video isn't the most welcoming if you dont know anything about baseball (me)

I understood the video yes, however, from time to time they just drop terms like "the steroid era" and dont elaborate on it which just leaves you very confused.

Overall good video

---

next: I don't think I have any more watch requests
i've played more rain code, still nowhere close to beating the game
have yet to start fist of the north star
Hydreigon
Wait, what kind of games can i request? Do you have a bunch catalogued in steam or do u watch gameplay?
lostsilver
review pokemon scarlet/violet
179bpm
i know it came out a while ago but can you watch guardians of the galaxy vol 3?

feel free to watch it after youre done with everything in the list if you want to, dont wanna add to the stress

thanks in advance
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Hydreigon wrote:

Wait, what kind of games can i request? Do you have a bunch catalogued in steam or do u watch gameplay?
I accept movies, anime, manga, books, comics, anime, light novel, videogames and visual novels

however, if you look at the request tab in the OP, you may see I have alerady like 6 games to play and nothing really else to play, so if you recommend a game, I'm going to take like 5 months to get around to play it

also, for games, I mostly play story based games, so dont recommend stuff like cookie clicker or valorant or magic the gathering

---
also for fist of the north star i'm sorry but I dropped it, this aint my thing

--

179bpm wrote:

i know it came out a while ago but can you watch guardians of the galaxy vol 3?

feel free to watch it after youre done with everything in the list if you want to, dont wanna add to the stress

thanks in advance
i'm currently so lost on marvel and I don't have plans to catch up again
Hydreigon

Patatitta wrote:

I accept movies, anime, manga, books, comics, anime, light novel, videogames and visual novels

however, if you look at the request tab in the OP, you may see I have alerady like 6 games to play and nothing really else to play, so if you recommend a game, I'm going to take like 5 months to get around to play it

also, for games, I mostly play story based games, so dont recommend stuff like cookie clicker or valorant or magic the gathering
Hmm, alright then, then how bout Chainsaw Man, the anime version since its shorter.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

lostsilver wrote:

lucky for you, I HAVE already played it. I have played pokemon since I was a kid so I was interested in playing it

First of all, I played it when it first came in emulator. And my opinion on it are interesting for sure. The most recent pokemon game I had played at that time was omega ruby. So I got surprised by a lot of stuff that got added in the previous games

For me, the game was enjoyable, yeah it didn't look the best, and I don't think I would have paid 60€ for it, but, I got to run around and catch cute pokemons, which was my goal, the story is better than in previous pokemon games IMO, I really liked the switch from saving the world to just running around doing a school project, but it's still not nearly as good as like any rpg on the maerket rn. Normally I don't like open world games, however in pokemon it feels good.

Now, I played the game on release, and so did my friends, the new pokemon region is based on spain, so the hype was massive. We had many irl talks about the game. My friends are HARDCORE pokemon fans, and I just realized they played a LOT differently than how I played it. Like, I discovered this pokemon called "eiscue", I love penguins so I caught one and added it to my team. I was talking to one of my friends about them and they went "oh yeah the abbility of that pokemon is really good", and I realize, that they weren't just catching cute pokemons, but they were metagaming the game and just choosing the best competitibly viable team

for them, they didn't enjoy the game as much, they argued that the game was just not difficult, and that it was a cashgrab, that last part I can understand, it would have been cool to see more developement time on it. Still, many of those issues, mainly with the difficulty thing, I just think they're not in the target demographic for pokemon, and that they could enjoy many other turn based RPGs that do focus more on them. But they don't play turn based rpgs, they play pokemon

So when I say "oh you shoult totally play chained echoes", which in personal opinion is the best combat i've ever seen in a turn based RPG, they kinda just say "oh cool" and never really do it, even if i'm completely sure they would love chained echoes. This doesn't happen with just pokemon tho, this happen with many franchises made with kids in mind, that you grow up playing this franchise, and then it's hard to move past it. Or not just that, but you're in a community where those franchises are highly rated and it's hard to see past it. This happens with pokemon, this happens with FNAF, this happens with TADC and it happens with many others. In fact I want to make a thread on this phenomenon but in a way that it's not a textwall like this, because I know that the people who read my textwall are not the specific type of people i'm trying to talk about, i'm still thinking on how to do that

It's just more pokemon, it aint getting better, either you adventure past pokemon, or you die in here

------------

Hydreigon wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Hmm, alright then, then how bout Chainsaw Man, the anime version since its shorter.
lucky for you I HAVE already read chainsaw man (well i'm not totally caught up, I think like 5 chapters will have come out sinceI last read it, idk if chainsaw is weekly or monthly)

Chainsaw man is my favourite combat shounen, however, i'm not a fan of that genre to begin with, so even if it's my fav I think I gave it a 7 in myanimelist

I think chainsaw man is an fairly interesting manga. I like the main idea of the manga, of this half demon having to fight other half-demons, that cool, the characters itself are also interesting. Now the characters, not the biggest fan of it, I like makima as a character, the way they just lie and do shit and the relationship with the main protagonist, however, I feel that there are many things that they do that seems like they're just trying to bait femdom r34, like that one chapter where they make the main character act like a dog.

However I will give it points in that it is only in certain scenes, so it's not like an ecchi anime or whatever, it's more like made in abyss in anything else

The fight scenes and some of the plot is where I have most of my problems with this manga tho. First of all, the fight scenes are mainly purely fluff, which is just the standard if you're into a combat shounen, but i'm not a fan of combat shounen so for after a while I just kinda speedread the fight scenes because I just didn't call much about them. However, I will admit, the art for the fight scene is good, while most of manga art is standard, in the fight scenes they mostly have these hyperdramatic shots that while not completely unseen has some elements that make it instantly recognisable, thinslike the blood being this purely lienar black lines and being a lot of it while the character walks out in front being a badass

Now, there is a story arc that I do not like, and that is, the gun demon. I'm sorry but just going GUN DEMON WAS IN JAPAN FOR 20 SECOND 50000 DEAD like that's just too fucking much come on, and they jsut beat them in the end. The story isn't really focused on exploring the consequence of those actions or to make really cool plot, they just want to have badass fight scenes, which as I said, I speedread. So for me there really wasn't anything too worth it in this manga other than the start and those aquarium chapters which I thought were very funny.
lostsilver

Patatitta wrote:

lostsilver wrote:

lucky for you, I HAVE already played it. I have played pokemon since I was a kid so I was interested in playing it

First of all, I played it when it first came in emulator. And my opinion on it are interesting for sure. The most recent pokemon game I had played at that time was omega ruby. So I got surprised by a lot of stuff that got added in the previous games

For me, the game was enjoyable, yeah it didn't look the best, and I don't think I would have paid 60€ for it, but, I got to run around and catch cute pokemons, which was my goal, the story is better than in previous pokemon games IMO, I really liked the switch from saving the world to just running around doing a school project, but it's still not nearly as good as like any rpg on the maerket rn. Normally I don't like open world games, however in pokemon it feels good.

Now, I played the game on release, and so did my friends, the new pokemon region is based on spain, so the hype was massive. We had many irl talks about the game. My friends are HARDCORE pokemon fans, and I just realized they played a LOT differently than how I played it. Like, I discovered this pokemon called "eiscue", I love penguins so I caught one and added it to my team. I was talking to one of my friends about them and they went "oh yeah the abbility of that pokemon is really good", and I realize, that they weren't just catching cute pokemons, but they were metagaming the game and just choosing the best competitibly viable team

for them, they didn't enjoy the game as much, they argued that the game was just not difficult, and that it was a cashgrab, that last part I can understand, it would have been cool to see more developement time on it. Still, many of those issues, mainly with the difficulty thing, I just think they're not in the target demographic for pokemon, and that they could enjoy many other turn based RPGs that do focus more on them. But they don't play turn based rpgs, they play pokemon

So when I say "oh you shoult totally play chained echoes", which in personal opinion is the best combat i've ever seen in a turn based RPG, they kinda just say "oh cool" and never really do it, even if i'm completely sure they would love chained echoes. This doesn't happen with just pokemon tho, this happen with many franchises made with kids in mind, that you grow up playing this franchise, and then it's hard to move past it. Or not just that, but you're in a community where those franchises are highly rated and it's hard to see past it. This happens with pokemon, this happens with FNAF, this happens with TADC and it happens with many others. In fact I want to make a thread on this phenomenon but in a way that it's not a textwall like this, because I know that the people who read my textwall are not the specific type of people i'm trying to talk about, i'm still thinking on how to do that

It's just more pokemon, it aint getting better, either you adventure past pokemon, or you die in here
lesgooooo
i watched a friend play scarlet and now wanna do violet for myself (i think you know why i chose violet as my game bc i love purple >:3) thanks for reviewing the game too! glad you liked it somewhat :)
MaxIsABigKaiju
Ok read Bone by Jeff Smith
Actually really good imo
DM FOR MUTUAL

Patatitta wrote:

purrgatory:

this game is a banger and i'm honestly surprised that I haven't played it before, if niv reads this for whatever reason, good job

I say i'm surprised I didn't play it before because I could tell what side of itch.io this game was on by the first 5 lines of dialogue. In many ways, the way the dialogue is written and how it is overall made really reminds me of people like nomnomnami and npckc and the such. Just these shorter, very cute and fluffly VN/graphical adventures. I really got into those type of games a few years back, so idk how I really hadn't played this

The only actual complaint I have about the game is the map being a bit disorienting, it was a little bit to navigate at first when you didn't know the map from memory, maybe adding a map or something like that would have helped, or changing the perspectives of certain rooms

Honestly I really appreciate that this was just requested after class of '09, because I cant name two games, which are mostly on the same genre, that are more opposite from each other than these two. If this game were places, class of 09 is a nuclear wasteland and purrgatory is a pillow fort. Honeslty I think comparing the two games is a really good way to talk about them

the dialogue in purrgatory is instantly recognisable of this type of games, as they're normally all lowercase, very informal, sometimes uses emotions like :3, and feels more like you're reading a discord conversation than vn dialogue. Which has it's charm, as I say, I like this subgenre

The characters are all furries, which, was to be expected with a game like this. But actually, having furry character is actually mad good for making instantly recognisable characters, and that helps when you're introduced to many characters in such a small ammount of time, like this game, it's easier to tell apart a moth from a snake than just two human beings

Now, the comedy. I enjoyed the coemdy, however, the ammount of cat puns and puns in general are enough to kill some people, which on itself would be a cat-astrophe (That joke is stolen directly from the game, that's the level of comedy we're working with here). But, honestly, I think puns works, the atmosphere of the game is very comfy so just having this little harmless silly jokes really makes sense

This atmosphere also helps a lot with the story, which is on the line of "just enjoy the mundane of life", no need to get 25434 awards and set your name in history, just staying in bed one day or two and working on a webcomic you started for fun is a fine way of living life

on the topic of the story, I did not expect that credit sequence, really made me a bit emotional

Again, comparing to class of 09, this is probably one of the most striking differences, class of 09 feels made under the idea of "oh comedy is dead, everyone gets offended nowadays", and then you have a game with 40 different cat puns

The game was never difficult, never had to use the guide, which is good consdiering i'm dumb af.

Yeah this game is just very good, really enjoyed, 5 stars, followed on itch.io
Glad you enjoyed the game :3

Patatitta wrote:

The History of the Seattle Mariners | Dorktown (Yt docummentary)

ah yes, 4 hour long video on stuff I dont really care about or know anything, my beloved (but actually).

The actual video was good, it kinda reminded me of this video but if instead of directed to science nerds it was directed torwards sports guys. Now, I will say, while I dont really have much to say because it's just a docummentary on true things, with not too much on top, I will say that this video isn't the most welcoming if you dont know anything about baseball (me)

I understood the video yes, however, from time to time they just drop terms like "the steroid era" and dont elaborate on it which just leaves you very confused.

Overall good video
Yeah I'm pretty sure Bobbybroccoli uses the same technique Jon Bois does, he literally made a video tutorial on it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfM7cqOlgds

The work Jon Bois does on youtube is some of my favourite, I really like how he turns sports statistics and stuff and manages to turn it into a story with meaning. This isn't a request, but if you liked this then he's helped make other super long documentaries and lots of shorter ones as well, not only on the Secret Base channel but on his own personal channel. I would definitely recommend learning the rules of NFL if you wanted to watch his NFL videos otherwise you won't have any idea about what's going on lol

As for a request, can you do Helck? The manga, not the anime (although maybe you can watch the anime as well to compare, I haven't watched it though)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

Ok read Bone by Jeff Smith
Actually really good imo
yeah sure

DM FOR MUTUAL wrote:

As for a request, can you do Helck? The manga, not the anime (although maybe you can watch the anime as well to compare, I haven't watched it though)

heard it's good, will read the manga
Serraionga

Patatitta wrote:

which chapter are you in?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Serraionga wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

which chapter are you in?
... ending of the first non-tutorial case

played around 9 hours of the game so far, kinda didn't play it for two weeks as I was (and still am) beating planescape torment. Game is alright but I've just been doing so much other shit that I haven't really played it for long
Karmine
Loop Hero, good game
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Karmine wrote:

Loop Hero, good game
oh hey I have beaten that game

loop hero is a very interesting game IMO, as it's in a kinda unexlored genre, it's like a clicker/idle game with roguelike elements, which is nice

the actual roguelikes element only serve as a way of progression as there isn't that much RNG in the game actually. Due to the way the game is made, a playthrough cant really last that long before you run out of spaces on the map, so you need to make multiple playthroughs.

the gameplay loop (pun not intended) itself is just doing a run, maybe upgrading a thing in your overworld, choosing if you want to use that new card or not and then just repeating, the game itself is also pretty chill, you kinda look the character move around and numbers goes up. There is active planning on where you place each card but like it doesn't really matter, by the third run I feel you kinda develop an algorythm you follow, the only real exceptions are rivers

There is a story but only really because it seems like every game is legally required to have some sort of story, but it's really not the focus at all

it's just a good game to play and see the clock move 20 times faster
Topic Starter
Patatitta
Bone by Jeff Smith

first of all, when I was looking for this book I realized it wasn't just one book, but a franchise, thankfully I found one that was like a compilation of every single of those, so it wasn't a big deal

next thing I realized was that this wasn't a book, but a comic, which is fine by me

I've only read the first book (out from boneville), as this really isn't my thing, there isn't much logical justification there, it's just comedy and not my type of comedy

there really isn't any real plot outside of the comedy, the art is also pretty stale, a page normally consists of a pretty simple setting and hten the character changing experssion without really moving

I don't really have anything more to say

----

still playing rain code
next: Helck
MaxIsABigKaiju

Patatitta wrote:

Bone by Jeff Smith

first of all, when I was looking for this book I realized it wasn't just one book, but a franchise, thankfully I found one that was like a compilation of every single of those, so it wasn't a big deal

next thing I realized was that this wasn't a book, but a comic, which is fine by me

I've only read the first book (out from boneville), as this really isn't my thing, there isn't much logical justification there, it's just comedy and not my type of comedy

there really isn't any real plot outside of the comedy, the art is also pretty stale, a page normally consists of a pretty simple setting and hten the character changing experssion without really moving

----

still playing rain code
Ok, this is one of my favorite comics, and honestly, I'm ticked off at you.
Every time I try to request something, you just make a bad review of it without fully watching/reading/playing it
I requested WOY and you only watched 4 episodes, I requested G-Darius and you never even played it, saying that you didn't review videogames despite ACTUALLY REVIEWING VIDEOGAMES, and now I requested Bone, and you just read the first volume and called it some dumb comedy book, you called the art stale, and you probably never take the time to even contemplate any book with illustrations other than manga.
Are you deciding to be a Jerkwad and troll me, or do a lot of foreign people just hate me in general for existing?
Topic Starter
Patatitta

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Bone by Jeff Smith

----

still playing rain code
Every time I try to request something, you just make a bad review of it without fully watching/reading/playing it
I requested WOY and you only watched 4 episodes, I requested G-Darius and you never even played it, saying that you didn't review videogames despite ACTUALLY REVIEWING VIDEOGAMES, and now I requested Bone, and you just read the first volume and called it some dumb comedy book, you called the art stale, and you probably never take the time to even contemplate any book with illustrations other than manga.
Are you deciding to be a Jerkwad and troll me, or do a lot of foreign people just hate me in general for existing?

Okay, let's one one by one, i'm a human being, I make posts on OT, I make this thread for fun. I'm not an YT reviewer who gets paid doing this, I'm just doing this to obtain recommendations that wouldn't have otherwise gotten. However, if there is something I disliked, I wont finish it. The only thing that finishing it would bring me is that I've spent like 5 hours of my life watching something I dont enjoy to make a review that the person who requested it is going to disagree with. And as i'm just doing this for my personal enjoyement, and if i'm not enjoying it, what's the point?

When a series starts in a way that you dont like, it's VERY hard to regain my attention later, as if you dont develop emotional connection to the characters, develop interest in the plot, etc, every subsequent plot point is going to fall flat. So if it safe to assume that if you didn't enjoy the first 4 episodes of something, I wont be enjoying chapter 20.

now, for your requests, I don't have anything against you, it's just that we seem to have very different tastes, also you seemed to missunderstand some of my points

1- Wonder Over Yonder: TLDR of my analysis, episodic comedy show, no real plot or anything outside that, and the style of comedy that it had, I just did not enjoy it, so there wasn't anything in that show for me

2- G-Darius, this is a bullet hell arcade style game. I never said I don't review videogames, I meant that I review plots and narratives and that sort of stuff, I only mention gameplay when it's related to the plot in any sort of way. With G-Darius, while it is a fun game, analyzing bullet hell games is not something I know how to do

3- Bone: Kinda the same as wonder over yonder tbh, very simplistic comic, no real plot, only comedy, and i'm not a fan of this type of comedy, meaning, there is nothing here for me
Topic Starter
Patatitta
sorry for the delay

helck

this manga is a fucking mess in every sense of the word, the manga itself is fine-ish, you will enjoy it if you're into action comedy, however, for me, there were some elements that just made me dislike a lot of the reading experience

First of all, I haven't seen a manga that has more .5 chapters than this, like, you're reading a intense fight scene and every chapter there is just a random slice of life section. In a lot of ways the manga just feels like it wants to be a slice of life, however it just seems like i'm switching between two different mangas and it kinda kills a lot of the flow this manga may had for me

not only that, but the way some elements about the characters are presented are kinda wack, like, from the very start of the manga you're introduced to classes and power levels and stuff like that. However, most of them dont really have any point of reference, so they don't really mean anything. Not only that, but I feel a lot of those elements are kinda dropped after the introduction

for a better example, very early on you're shown a graph of the hierarchy of power, and there is a certain group called the heavinly kings which apparently are extremely powerful. We get introduced to one of these characters REALLY early on, and as one of the earliest characters, we dont know how strong the other groups are, and given that the entire point is that they're more powerful than x, but we haven't seen how strong x is, it's just kinda weird

the actual story is just nothing too special IMO, it's nice, i'm just not the demographic for any of the fluff

next: nothing else to read
started chapter 2 of rain code
Karmine
Genocidal Organ and Harmony by Project Itoh
Either the books (if you can find them) or the movies (or both if you like)
They're not a series but take place in the same universe at different times (Harmony does reference the events of Genocidal Organ a bit)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Karmine wrote:

Genocidal Organ and Harmony by Project Itoh
Either the books (if you can find them) or the movies (or both if you like)
They're not a series but take place in the same universe at different times (Harmony does reference the events of Genocidal Organ a bit)
will read the books, may take a while tho
Ymir

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Bone by Jeff Smith

----

still playing rain code
HAHAHHAHAHAHA how did I miss this gemmy gemstone.

anyway, review the song: Hey Ya by Outkast, please!
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Kitte wrote:

MaxIsABigKaiju wrote:

Patatitta wrote:

Bone by Jeff Smith

----

still playing rain code
HAHAHHAHAHAHA how did I miss this gemmy gemstone.

anyway, review the song: Hey Ya by Outkast, please!
I dont do songs since I don't know shit
Nuuskamuikkunen
Watch Too Many Cooks.
Topic Starter
Patatitta

eblf2013 wrote:

Watch Too Many Cooks.
it says it's horror but it is also very fucking short so I may, still, I will do after I finish the anime i'm watching rn

also updates:

Book is good, finished chapter 1

I'm in the middle of the second (technically third) case of rain code
Jarcrafted
You have gotta play Super Mario Wonder its the best Mario game by far
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Jarcrafted wrote:

You have gotta play Super Mario Wonder its the best Mario game by far
I've already beaten mario wonder

IMO it's not the best mario game ever as you claim it to be, it's good, sure, but that title is reserved for mario galaxy 2, nostalgia glasses I know but that game is sick and I keep coming back to it

now, I guess you meant to say 2D mario game, which is again, not really the case as mario maker exists

but in the mainline 2d mario game series, I do think it's a pretty good one. It's hard to rank mario games like that, every game with like the exception of mario 2 kinda stands on the same level, even with stuff like super mario bros for the wii u, the criticism was that it wasn't original, not that it wasn't fun (Which it was)

Now, mario woner does feel pretty different to the previous mario game, for one, and the things that is most obvious are the wonder seeds, you pick them up and the level is transformed, I really like this, it really makes the experience playing the game for the first time really good

I don't know how I feel about the removal of warp zones, they have been in every mario game and wonder does not have it. I personally liked them, as it kinda gave more experienced players some sort of reward, but I dont mind it that much

The level design is really really good, it does feel more crazy than in the preivous games, not only that, but the optional content in this game is probably one of the hardests out of any 2d mario game, only really rivaled by the special world of mario world. It does break a lot of the conventional design structure that mario games had always followed, however, I feel that some of the levels wouldn't be nearly as exciting as the wonder seeds, which dont ask as something like the star coins in mario bros wii. Wonder seeds aren't hidden half the time, which makes sense as the levels are built around COLLECTING the wonder seed, in fact, you cant progress in the game without picking them up

Thing is, the way the achieved this difficulty is not my favouite approach, they wanted to make levels difficult but not complex, so they removed all movement options. There is no flying powerup in mario wonder, there isn't even yoshi, you're limited to regular movement and projectiles. Difficulty isn't in like a mario maker way or mario world romhack way where you're flying all over the place and you feel powerful and the gameplay is frenetic. Mario wonder difficulty is a lot slower, and more focused on precise movement, which agian, to each their own, but I don't think it feels nearly as good.

my only other real complain is that I wish the levels were longer, specially the bonus levels, a lot of levels are like under 1 minute to 100%, which I think it's just a little bit too short, this was already a staple in the franchise but mario wonder turns it up to the max

The badges are fine, there is variety but I ended up just using the one I thought was the most overpowered (twirl as double jump). Badges felt more like celeste assist mode than power ups.

The only thing that I can say for sure that I do think is a bad precedent for the franchise, is that in co-op move they removed the ability to pick up and throw "friends". This was part of the fun of mario co-op and I think it's a total shame that they decided to remove it. Yeah I cried when I was 6yo and my older brother threw me to a bottomless pit, but god it was fun to do it to him later

To sum up it's just really different to the rest of the franchise, and while it's original and really fucking fun, there are still certain elements that rubs me the wrong game, but still, it's mario, this game is still a 8-9/10 for me, the fact that mario games are this consistently good is just impressive
Topic Starter
Patatitta
bump, will contiue reading and start too many cooks today
his everything
do you accept fan fictions? (even the cringe ones)
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Anaxii wrote:

do you accept fan fictions? (even the cringe ones)
mostly yes but I have my limits with some fics, cringe itself is not the problem
Topic Starter
Patatitta
Too many cooks:

I think this would have been funnier if I hadn't seen every mister jagger video 3 times when I was growing up, like, actually, the intro on this video is straight up pulled from agente especial kevin, just with higher budget. But in a way that's the charm of jagger.

the comedy style is also extremely similar to the one of jagger's being the purest shock, rudest comedy. The bits in this video also feel like it would be something from MACHO ALFA TOTAL or AWAKEN 2x09 [Español - Castellano], just that agente especial kevin actually came a year before too many cooks, while those two came out later

so yeah, this is just a jagger video but with higher budget, and given that I don't completely vibe with all the jokes old jagger videos did and the fact that the higher budget kinda removes some of the charm, I don't know what to think about this short.

Also given that this is just comedy I can say anything too substanctial about it, it's just if you vibe with this comedy or not.

----

no updates on book or game as I've been outside these past days
Reyalp51
Review this video

If you dont review videos just review something regarding this
Shit you already reviewed the other one... well who cares
Topic Starter
Patatitta

Reyalp51 wrote:

Review this video

nope not doing that absolutely not doing that I literally just responded in the other thread 5 seconds ago I refuse to watch anything from that channel you need help all the fanbase need help this is not healthy go touch grass go reach god's light if you unironically enjoy that you have problems that realy need to be adressed

also i'm still reading the book, just been doing IRL shit so i'm going slow, i'm around halfway through
Reyalp51

Patatitta wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

Review this video

nope not doing that absolutely not doing that I literally just responded in the other thread 5 seconds ago I refuse to watch anything from that channel you need help all the fanbase need help this is not healthy go touch grass go reach god's light if you unironically enjoy that you have problems that realy need to be adressed

also i'm still reading the book, just been doing IRL shit so i'm going slow, i'm around halfway through
sametdze
how do you have access to literally every single movie and book
Hydreigon

sametdze wrote:

how do you have access to literally every single movie and book
for books, u can literally order any book in amazon or whatever... or look for a copy online, like manga's you go to mangadex and the sort.

for movies well... streaming services exist, and if its not in any, well u can-
Topic Starter
Patatitta

also I need to finish the book but i'm surprisingly busy this christmas
Hydreigon
been trying look for that image at top for the past few minutes xD
show more