forum

Changing rate at which combo bursts appear

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tjdamann
I've been working on a skin for the past few hours primarily to change the combo burst images. I have 11 total combo bursts images that appear in a random order.

I want to have one of them appear less often than the rests. So for example, the rest appear 80% of the time, but one of them only appears maybe 20% of the time. Something along those lines.

Is there any way to modify that? maybe in the skin.ini file? and if so, what do i need to add to it.
Corne2Plum3
You can't change the probability of sprites to appear. It's either determined order or true random.

Or you can artificialy increase the chances of a specific comboburst to appear by duplicate it (= having the same sprite several time). In your situation, you should duplicate each version of "the rest" 4 times to have 80% of these sprites and 20% for the other sprite. And don't forgoet to give these copy an appropriate name, such as "comboburst-n.png", where "n" is a number, unique for each sprite.
Topic Starter
tjdamann

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

You can't change the probability of sprites to appear. It's either determined order or true random.

Or you can artificialy increase the chances of a specific comboburst to appear by duplicate it (= having the same sprite several time). In your situation, you should duplicate each version of "the rest" 4 times to have 80% of these sprites and 20% for the other sprite. And don't forgoet to give these copy an appropriate name, such as "comboburst-n.png", where "n" is a number, unique for each sprite.

I didn't think of that. I'll try it out. thanks!