forum

osu!pure - a new take on default [16:9]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
castin

osu!pure is a skin designed for people who want osu to look like... well, osu!
In essence, osu!pure is an osu! themed skin, inspired by the fantastic design of the osu! website with some elements from osu!lazer.
It's basically my ideal vision of the way osu! should look by default. A default skin that doesn't make you want to immediately replace it.
With gameplay elements that should be comfortable for anyone. New players or veterans.

I'm currently working to add all game modes to the skin. For now the other game modes outside of osu!standard are using elements from my other skin "cleanglow"

Changelog:1/25/2021 - Changed mod icons. Changed warning arrows. Changed "menu button" to fit better with the theme. Made 2x version of the countdown numbers. Replaced "drum_hitclap" with the proper sound that was supposed to be there.

Interface

Gameplay

Download - mega.nz

Download - dropbox

Thanks for looking! c:
nxq_old_1
This is the best skin ever.
Ruben
Amazing skin dude
Galaxyforce
This is so dope
Brilliant work!
Unbound-
Great skin, but the text on mod icons is hard to read
KukuKambing

Unbound- wrote:

Great skin, but the text on mod icons is hard to read
yeah, would be better if it only icons without text.
Corne2Plum3
You could put the text under the icons
YamichanKawaii
osu skin pog
tripns14
h
Scorblex
| It was evident that this would happen one day, I am glad to witness it, I like the idea you have (we think the same way), everything I can see here is really comfortable and beautiful, there is almost nothing that I can comment on as a suggestion, Although I would recommend that you give the appearance of the whole skin to the "mods" icons, although if you want your design to be better and better, I encourage you to launch new updates, excellent work, keep it up!!
Topic Starter
castin

Scorblex wrote:

| It was evident that this would happen one day, I am glad to witness it, I like the idea you have (we think the same way), everything I can see here is really comfortable and beautiful, there is almost nothing that I can comment on as a suggestion, Although I would recommend that you give the appearance of the whole skin to the "mods" icons, although if you want your design to be better and better, I encourage you to launch new updates, excellent work, keep it up!!
Thanks much! I actually did update the mod icons but I forgot to update the link.
They're still the same design, but the whole idea behind the skin is to be seamless between the game itself and the website with your profile and everything. so I want to keep the icons the same as the website.
s34n_
I really love the style! I see a lot of over-complicated skins, so the simplicity of your skin is a nice change of pace! Keep it up! :D
Scorblex

castin wrote:

Scorblex wrote:

Thanks much! I actually did update the mod icons but I forgot to update the link.
They're still the same design, but the whole idea behind the skin is to be seamless between the game itself and the website with your profile and everything. so I want to keep the icons the same as the website.
| It's a good idea, you're right, everything remains with everything, I hope to see what the remaining game modes will look like, keep up the excellent work!!
xp009
This has got to be the cleanest skin that I could find!
BTW, is it ok for me to edit it to my preference? New to osu! so not sure if stuff like these is allowed lol
ICanNotDoSlider

xp009 wrote:

This has got to be the cleanest skin that I could find!
BTW, is it ok for me to edit it to my preference? New to osu! so not sure if stuff like these is allowed lol
It's fine to edit skins. In fact, a lot of players use edited skins. Uploading it to the forum and passing it as your own however, is not.
- Virtu -
smooth as hell, keep it up dude
Y0gi
nice skin
ive anxiety
+1, nice & clean skin.

Arctaroll
Hey.
I found this skin sometime ago but decided to give some feedback here in hopes of seeing the finished & improved thing out sometime into the future.

1. Regarding the gameplay elements;
    - followpoint, hitcircle & slider hitcircle elements could look more likable if they were made to be somewhat darker;
    the sliderendcircleoverlay made transparent,
    and sliderb0 & sliderfollowcircle also made to be slightly darker.
  2. Regarding the UI;
    - the menu-back & selection-mode elements could look better if the bottom of the selection-mode element was made longer on the left side and then the menu-back button reduced to the pink "Back" part.

My reasoning for this is that on the results screen, the menu-back button looks like a cut-off from the song selection screen; which looks off to me.
  3. About the ranking panel;
    - instead of having the 300s, 100s, 50s & misses inside the ranking panel, it should remain empty and instead the
    hit0 / hit50 / hit50k / hit100 / hit100k / hit300 / hit300g
    elements replaced with regular hit elements you'd see while playing.

The reasoning for this is that in other gamemodes like taiko, catch & mania the results screen is taking the gamemode specific elements, which are then overlapping with text on the ranking panel making it generally unappealing.
Both the back button & overlapping skin elements can be seen here - https://prnt.sc/1081m5e
Although I'd assume this is just a temporary change due to the other gamemodes not being fully implemented yet.

Those are my only issues I see with the skin as it is; I'd like to hear your opinion on them.

Otherwise I'm pleased to see a theme different from the usual; it's something unique and pleasing to look at and really does give the feeling you intended - of a default skin which is pleasing to the new player, while also serving as an extension of the design present on the website.
Topic Starter
castin
Thanks for the feedback/suggestions!

I've actually been working on making a version 2 of the skin which has all of the issues you mentioned fixed!

The only thing that I dont think is possible is the part you mentioned with the back button.
The problem is you can't extend the song selection menu any further to the left. And you can't make the back button longer because you'll hit back when you try to click the game mode selection button.
And if I try to reduce the back button to only the pink part, you would see the default black bar behind it.
show more