forum

osu!pure - a new take on default [16:9]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Gaba
I love this skin, you did a great job, but I agree with Arctaroll points.

This skin is impossible to play right now because of the follow points and some other elements, it's great to hear that you're trying to fix them for v2.

Please keep us updated, thanks for the skin.
Topic Starter
castin
@Gaba yvis Thanks! I already have new follow points that are very similar to the follow points in Yugen.
Also I made the colored part of the hit circles a little bit thinner and the approach circles like half the thickness.
New, easier to read and cleaner cursor as well.
There are bunch of other little tweaks I made to make it more clean and easier to read. More like a "pro" skin basically.

I think it's a huge improvement over the current upload. When I play the old/current version now, it feels awful compared to the new version haha.

I should be uploading it soon :)
Topic Starter
castin
Here's an update for the gameplay improvements Ive made so far.
(colors in video are more saturated than in actual gameplay)

Thinner, lighter and faster fading follow points
Thinner approach circles with blur removed
Thinner color ring on hit circles
Slightly more opaque color infill on hit circles.
Smaller 50/100/miss indicators
50% darker slider borders
Thinner slider follow circle
Proper font added to side rank panel numbers
Spinner RPM icon improved
New Cursor
Arctaroll

castin wrote:

Here's an update for the gameplay improvements Ive made so far (...)
That's awesome. ~
Looking forward to the next update and thanks for your hard work.
Gaba
Nice changes, I'm eager to use v2 now.
Scorblex
🔹 It looks really nice and comfortable, definitely a high quality work with a professional design, Excellent work!!
Brobot9k
Really nice looking skin! The changes for v2 look great. Any idea when it will be available?
MoonstarAria
Wonderful!
Topic Starter
castin
Hey guys, Just wanna say sorry it's taking me so long to release V2. I've been pretty busy and have only been able to slowly peck away at finishing it up. I decided to redo all the sounds from scratch so that's been taking a little while. I'm going to make it a Goal to finish it in the next couple weeks though. :)
Arctaroll

castin wrote:

Hey guys, Just wanna say sorry it's taking me so long to release V2. I've been pretty busy and have only been able to slowly peck away at finishing it up. I decided to redo all the sounds from scratch so that's been taking a little while. I'm going to make it a Goal to finish it in the next couple weeks though. :)
Hey - don't worry about it and take your time, we've all got IRL things keeping us away from working a lot towards reaching our goals. Still, it's nice to hear from you, and I'm sure that v2 will be a joy to use.
Jellinad
The menu design is so clean, with no unnecessary animations, images, distractions etc. The ranking panel is perfect! One of my favourites for sure!

Small issue I found: The miss text doesn't show up when you miss, to fix that issue rename hit0-1.png and hit0-1@2x.png into hit0-0.png and hit0-0@2x.png.
octovore_shobon
PEPPY NOTICE THIS IS BEG YOU
jelo0916
Can you make an SD version? Whole skin took 680mb+ and spinner-glow@2x took a whopping 68mb for a spinner glow.
Tin Can
I love this! : D
AizekNishakov
One of the best skins in osu, sadly in CtB some fruts WAY bigger than they must be(I'm playing 4:3)
DarrenTitor
Thanks. This is my main and fav skin so far!
Rhythm32

castin wrote:

Yeah Along with all of these, please remake the slider ball cause it's hard to read. not too hard but kinda hard
bumita
Hi, the skin is great, but the animated skip button doesn't work, and it show the default skin skip button instead. Can you fix this?
Twisted_Chimera

jelo0916 wrote:

Can you make an SD version? Whole skin took 680mb+ and spinner-glow@2x took a whopping 68mb for a spinner glow.
For some reason, the files hyperinflate in size. This can be fixed using o!rdr's free skin optimizer (https://ordr.issou.best/skins)

There is missing hit icons for the options menu.

bumita wrote:

Hi, the skin is great, but the animated skip button doesn't work, and it show the default skin skip button instead. Can you fix this?
This is due to the skin having no SD version of the play-skip element. You can fix this by bulk resizing all play-skip elements by 50% the original size (I used https://bulkresizephotos.com). Then bulk renaming using PowerRename by PowerToys (replace @2x with nothing).
Stomiks
Yeah this looks infinitely better than default
db2k
The default skin's design was made in 2013 so I'm all for this. Probably the cleanest skin I've seen for osu!