1. osu! forums
  2. Beatmaps
  3. Ranked/Approved Beatmaps
show more
posted

Crimmi wrote:

Satellite wrote:

hi~

i think general Should be combined o.o
artist senya
title Though the Scent Lingers, the Flower Scattered
add tag yuuhei satellite


Reference is here
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/20780
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/40536
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/21233

awesome senya!
Yes I saw the references,but I got them from SOUND VOLTEX's website hence they gave this: http://puu.sh/2qvHG
And I got the translation from Here
humm... i understand :)
senya supppppppppppp good luck~
posted
Guess I'll do some random modding! All of these are only suggestions, so feel free to use or ignore them as you wish :3

General:

The tick rate is so high o.o maybe turn it down? It gets a bit annoying while playing the difficulties to hear all that ticking noise...
I would also make the Combo 4 color a bit darker. Right now, it's a bit difficult to tell the difference between the combo 1 color and combo 4 color.

ADVANCED:

00:14:043 (1) - Why not change this to a spinner?
00:44:261 (4,5,6,7) - I don't think the music justifies this. I recommend shortening the slider at 00:43:174 (3) one white tick, then starting a new slider at 00:44:043 (4) that ends at 00:44:913, and then have a note at 00:45:348 (5).
01:03:174 (5) - Seems to be a bit too low on the playfield...maybe it's just my resolution?
01:25:783 (1,2) - Making these symmetrical might look more appealing.

EXHAUST:
00:51:000 (5) - New combo? It would make the following pattern more readable
00:56:217 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - Overlapping these notes makes it a bit too confusing in my opinion, because their rhythm is different.
01:07:957 (4) - Maybe move the whole pattern down a few pixels - it overlaps with the HP bar on my screen.
01:23:826 (5) - ^

LUNATIC:
So many pretty patterns :D
Avoid using the "finish" hitsound so often. It gets irritating after a while :(

00:15:783 (9) - Make this a spinner?
00:51:000 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - Try to make the spacing more even
01:00:565 (3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10) - Stream isn't justified by the music
01:08:391 (1,2,3,4,5) - Why is the distance spacing so low? Increase it
01:13:609 (7) - A stream might work better there. If you listen to the song carefully, you can hear what sounds like a stream.

Great map! Good luck on rank :D
posted
i just a newbie
[LUNATIC]
00:18:826 - add note
00:22:304 (5) - ctrl + h
00:23:609 (8,9) - Blanket
00:27:087 (3,4) - ctrl + g
00:59:043 (4,5,6) - delete

[EXHAUST]
00:11:652 (2) - delete note
00:37:087 (4,5,6) - Parallel
00:43:174 (3,4) - Blanket
01:04:261 (6,7,8) - i don't like this... I think this looks not good
01:24:478 (7,8) - Blanket

[ADVANCED]
00:59:696 (5) - Why Hit sound is Finish @@ ?
01:04:913 (6,7) - Parallel
01:22:304 (1,2) - Blanket

[NOVICE]
00:44:043 (1,2) - Blanket

[BASIC]
00:14:913 (4,1) - Blanket


My English is very bad..

m4n my map : t/239262

Good luck :D
posted
Hello,from #modreq
[general]
jacket.jpg is 800x600, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768
Inconsistency in AudioLeadIn: - [ADVANCED] : 0
- BASIC : 0
- EXHAUST : 2000
- LUNATIC : 0
- NOVICE : 0
Unsnapped inherited (green) sections at: 01:00:581 - snap to 01:00:565
01:27:226 - snap to 01:27:196.
low the hitsound volume,is too loudly for me.
Those problem is on every diff.
[BASIC]
use the AIMOD to fixed the problem,and you should keep DS on easy diff.
[NOVICE]
use the AIMOD to fixed the problem,and you should keep DS on normal diff.
[ADVANCED]
use the AIMOD to fixed the problem.
01:03:174 (5) - can't find at screen.please move it.
[EXHAUST]
00:01:465 (1) - Unsnapped circle.
00:01:682 (2) - Unsnapped circle.
[LUNATIC]
consider use cs4
00:28:391 (1) - can't find at screen.please move it.
00:41:435 (7) - remove whistle.
01:02:087 (2) - DS is too close.looks like 1/4.
01:09:043 (2) - -^
01:09:913 (4) - -^
01:03:174 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - not proper with the song.
01:25:783 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - -^
posted

4anke wrote:

Hello,from #modreq
[general]
jacket.jpg is 800x600, which differs from the recommended size of 1024x768
Inconsistency in AudioLeadIn: - [ADVANCED] : 0
- BASIC : 0
- EXHAUST : 2000
- LUNATIC : 0
- NOVICE : 0
Unsnapped inherited (green) sections at: 01:00:581 - snap to 01:00:565
01:27:226 - snap to 01:27:196.
low the hitsound volume,is too loudly for me.Volumes 75% ~ 100% reduced to 50%.
Those problem is on every diff.
[BASIC]
use the AIMOD to fixed the problem,and you should keep DS on easy diff.
[NOVICE]
use the AIMOD to fixed the problem,and you should keep DS on normal diff.
[ADVANCED]
use the AIMOD to fixed the problem.
01:03:174 (5) - can't find at screen.please move it.
[EXHAUST]
00:01:465 (1) - Unsnapped circle. Intentional.
00:01:682 (2) - Unsnapped circle. Same as above.
[LUNATIC]
consider use cs4
00:28:391 (1) - can't find at screen.please move it.
00:41:435 (7) - remove whistle. Removed.
01:02:087 (2) - DS is too close.looks like 1/4. Intentional.
01:09:043 (2) - -^ Same as above.
01:09:913 (4) - -^ Same as above.
01:03:174 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - not proper with the song. Slowed it down to double check and it worked fine for me~
01:25:783 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - -^
Thank you~
posted
[General]

  1. you sure wanna use tick 2 ? this music and vocal is really calm, better use Tick 1 IMO
  2. Disable Countdown i don't think is fit lol
  3. Active Widescreen support you have sb
  4. Preview time move to in 01:01:000 all diff's
  5. that Audion lead-in, use 1000 all diff's is better than 2000
  6. you use wanna use grey and white color ? is make blind because you have kiai time and video that is hard read, is better change, try use Red and green or use you own


[BASIC]

gameplay:

  1. 00:31:869 (1,2) - 1.20x is too much, use 1.00x
  2. 00:38:826 (1,2) - the border is very closer, is better you clean border, use 1.00x, like you did in 00:07:087 (3,1) example
  3. 00:45:783 (1,2,3,1) - ^ same
  4. 00:59:696 (1,2,3,4,1) - ^ same
  5. 01:01:000 (4,1) - just saying is better use unstack, you should know this level is "BASIC", my opinion, basic, novice never use stack, so better use unstack IMO
  6. 01:05:783 (3,4,5) - use 1.00x, same explain in 00:38:826 (1,2) -
  7. 01:07:956 (6,1,2,3,1) - same before, use unstack


the play is good, spacing, try clean all borders, and stack I'm not sure is fine, because this level is "basic" if use stack is hard and can make confuse to newbies players IMO

[Novice]

Gameplay:

  1. 00:05:348 (3,4,5,6) - I'm sorry I can't approve Anti-spacing in this diff, fix this spacing pls
  2. 00:44:043 (1) - the vocal, feel continue, better remove NC
  3. 00:53:609 (2,3) - i did explain in basic, better use unstack
  4. 01:01:000 (x) - better add note, because all diff's have, you srly need add note to keep rhythm consistency
  5. 01:01:435 (1) - try move grid down, as skin default, the body slider is touching
  6. 01:25:783 (1,2,3,4) - I can't approve this again


look good

[ADVANCED]

Gameplay:

  1. 00:30:130 (1) - this spinner is very short, you don't wanna start in 00:29:696 ?
  2. 00:33:609 (4,5) - when play, is very weird because this spacing is anti-spacing, better use normal spacing for better play IMO like you did in 00:40:565 (3,4) , this is better play
  3. 00:34:804 (5) - should be NC
  4. 00:59:696 (5) - ~when the rhythm is change, this part is vocal, is better use NC


look good, there no problem for me

[Exausht]

Gameplay:

  1. 00:01:465 (1,2) - you don't need this notes, I don't know why other diff's you didn't add, better remove, I wanna you rhythm keep consistency all diff's IMO
  2. 00:07:087 (5) - NC
  3. 00:14:043 (5) - NC
  4. 00:29:261 (5,1) - better use spacing 1.20x because is really goot to catch
  5. 00:30:348 (3,4) - ^ same
  6. 00:30:130 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - you need better stream there and spacing look this print http://puu.sh/iduDa/6736268622.jpg if you do this, you can try play test, is make very good catch and flow IMO
  7. 00:31:000 (1,2,3,4,5) - try make stream 0.80x and try make good flow
  8. 00:52:739 (1,2) - need 1.20x
  9. 01:23:826 (5) - this note is out area and is touching HP skin default, grid down more


[Lunatic]

Difficult:

  1. IMO AR 9 is doesn't fit well with this low BPM and low Slider velocity, will be good if you use 8.5 AR and OD 7 or 7.5 I did get this all SS


gameplay look good, is reminder me old style :D
[]
old style :D. the gameplay look fine, just need improve some the gameplay and hitsound look good try get 2 mod I can see you have 4 mod, try 2 or more then you can call me
ask me if you don't understand or whatever
posted

Pereira006 wrote:

[General]

  1. you sure wanna use tick 2 ? this music and vocal is really calm, better use Tick 1 IMO
  2. Disable Countdown i don't think is fit lol
  3. Active Widescreen support you have sb
  4. Preview time move to in 01:01:000 all diff's
  5. that Audion lead-in, use 1000 all diff's is better than 2000
  6. you use wanna use grey and white color ? is make blind because you have kiai time and video that is hard read, is better change, try use Red and green or use you own


[BASIC]

gameplay:

  1. 00:31:869 (1,2) - 1.20x is too much, use 1.00x
  2. 00:38:826 (1,2) - the border is very closer, is better you clean border, use 1.00x, like you did in 00:07:087 (3,1) example
  3. 00:45:783 (1,2,3,1) - ^ same
  4. 00:59:696 (1,2,3,4,1) - ^ same
  5. 01:01:000 (4,1) - just saying is better use unstack, you should know this level is "BASIC", my opinion, basic, novice never use stack, so better use unstack IMO
  6. 01:05:783 (3,4,5) - use 1.00x, same explain in 00:38:826 (1,2) -
  7. 01:07:956 (6,1,2,3,1) - same before, use unstack


the play is good, spacing, try clean all borders, and stack I'm not sure is fine, because this level is "basic" if use stack is hard and can make confuse to newbies players IMO

All above in BASIC is fixed.

[Novice]

Gameplay:

  1. 00:05:348 (3,4,5,6) - I'm sorry I can't approve Anti-spacing in this diff, fix this spacing pls Fixed.
  2. 00:44:043 (1) - the vocal, feel continue, better remove NC Fixed.
  3. 00:53:609 (2,3) - i did explain in basic, better use unstack Unstacked.
  4. 01:01:000 (x) - better add note, because all diff's have, you srly need add note to keep rhythm consistency Note added~
  5. 01:01:435 (1) - try move grid down, as skin default, the body slider is touching Hmm, fixed.
  6. 01:25:783 (1,2,3,4) - I can't approve this again Fixed.


look good

[ADVANCED]

Gameplay:

  1. 00:30:130 (1) - this spinner is very short, you don't wanna start in 00:29:696 ? Didn't feel that short, but fixed.
  2. 00:33:609 (4,5) - when play, is very weird because this spacing is anti-spacing, better use normal spacing for better play IMO like you did in 00:40:565 (3,4) , this is better play It was an intentional move but I changed it around.
  3. 00:34:804 (5) - should be NC Fixed.
  4. 00:59:696 (5) - ~when the rhythm is change, this part is vocal, is better use NC Added.


look good, there no problem for me

[Exausht]

Gameplay:

  1. 00:01:465 (1,2) - you don't need this notes, I don't know why other diff's you didn't add, better remove, I wanna you rhythm keep consistency all diff's IMO Removed.
  2. 00:07:087 (5) - NC Added.
  3. 00:14:043 (5) - NC ^
  4. 00:29:261 (5,1) - better use spacing 1.20x because is really goot to catch Hmm it looks good, fixed.
  5. 00:30:348 (3,4) - ^ same
  6. 00:30:130 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - you need better stream there and spacing look this print http://puu.sh/iduDa/6736268622.jpg if you do this, you can try play test, is make very good catch and flow IMO I tried something different in mind.
  7. 00:31:000 (1,2,3,4,5) - try make stream 0.80x and try make good flow Applied.
  8. 00:52:739 (1,2) - need 1.20x Applied.
  9. 01:23:826 (5) - this note is out area and is touching HP skin default, grid down more Applied.


[Lunatic]

Difficult:

  1. IMO AR 9 is doesn't fit well with this low BPM and low Slider velocity, will be good if you use 8.5 AR and OD 7 or 7.5 I did get this all SS


Applied.

gameplay look good, is reminder me old style :D
[]
old style :D. the gameplay look fine, just need improve some the gameplay and hitsound look good try get 2 mod I can see you have 4 mod, try 2 or more then you can call me
ask me if you don't understand or whatever
Thank you for the mod~
posted
Hi! :3

Legends


| Unrankable. There's a chance that it's actually a bad idea to be mapped
| Highly Recommended. Always watch for it
| Suggestions. You can keep this alone if you don't like it
| Comments. Just a word of the map's part. You better not reply it to keep yourself happy
[General]
  1. Since the video aspcet ratio is 4:3. You should disable the widescreen support


[BASIC]

  • Nothing to say :D


[NOVICE]
  1. 01:01:000 (4,1) - These two seems to be touching, try to move one of them


[ADVANCED]
  1. 00:35:348 (2) - Try to make it facing straight to the tail of 1
  2. 01:02:956 (5) - Same as above but try to face straight the 4
  3. 01:14:478 (7,1) - Same as above but try to face straight the tail of 7


[EXHAUST]

  • The AR should be 8. AR 7 Is too slow and i see some patterns that overlapping too much D:

  1. 00:55:348 (6,7) - Make them facing straight each other


[LUNATIC]
  1. 00:48:826 (5,6) - Try to make them look straight, not a diagonal straight
  2. 01:27:739 (1) - Spinner start should be at 01:27:630

What a nice old map! :D
posted

XeroiZi HD wrote:

Hi! :3

Legends


| Unrankable. There's a chance that it's actually a bad idea to be mapped
| Highly Recommended. Always watch for it
| Suggestions. You can keep this alone if you don't like it
| Comments. Just a word of the map's part. You better not reply it to keep yourself happy
[General]
  1. Since the video aspcet ratio is 4:3. You should disable the widescreen support That's for the SB and the BG(I think).


[BASIC]

  • Nothing to say :D


[NOVICE]
  1. 01:01:000 (4,1) - These two seems to be touching, try to move one of them Done.


[ADVANCED]
  1. 00:35:348 (2) - Try to make it facing straight to the tail of 1Done.
  2. 01:02:956 (5) - Same as above but try to face straight the 4 Done.
  3. 01:14:478 (7,1) - Same as above but try to face straight the tail of 7 Done.


[EXHAUST]

  • The AR should be 8. AR 7 Is too slow and i see some patterns that overlapping too much D: I thought I fixed them using Periera's mod. o.o

  1. 00:55:348 (6,7) - Make them facing straight each other Done.


[LUNATIC]
  1. 00:48:826 (5,6) - Try to make them look straight, not a diagonal straight Done.
  2. 01:27:739 (1) - Spinner start should be at 01:27:630 Done.

What a nice old map! :D
Thank you for the mod~
posted
  1. Fix huge NC all diff's
  2. Fix huge Spacing, jump, anti-spacing, etc... all diff's
  3. fix huge and re-hitsound all diff's
  4. fix rhythm in Lunatic
  5. fix consistency audio-in, color and unsnapped
  6. Improve Quality play in advanced, lunatic and exhaust


Bubble

To next BN: this map and style is very very very very old, is 2 year like this map https://osu.ppy.sh/s/141403

anyway good luck !
posted
fight :3

lunatic

00:28:401 (1) - offscreen
http://puu.sh/ijdQR/537d5614ae.jpg[/img:1337]
posted
Hey! I won't bubble pop because I can't guarantee a rebubble, so you should self-pop it and ask another BN for a rebubble! I'll just point out some things you can improve on Additional Modding.

Unrankable issues



  1. After some metadata discussion with Lanturn, the title should be either Yuuhei Satellite (if you wanna follow the Circle path) or senya (if you wanna follow the Vocal path).

  2. You should remove the comma on the title. The correct title should be Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru wo.

  3. Offscreen slider 00:28:401 (1) - on LUNATIC difficulty, as mentioned by Satellite. Consider changing it.

  4. 00:17:966 - From this section and on, the strong beats/new sections are starting on this particular beat. They should start on a big white tick, not in a small white tick. Consider adding a Timing Point on this white tick.


___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Modding




NOVICE



  1. I don't recommend stacking notes in Easy/Beginner diffs, they could be very confusing for new players. Keep in mind that these diffs are usually the very first diff someone will ever play in the game. They should be the cleanest diff on the whole mapset, so I'd highly recommend you to change stacks like 00:07:966 (6,1) - and 00:13:184 (2,1) - for a better readability!

  2. Some circles are with a very inconsistent Distance Snap, such as 00:37:966 (2,3,1) - , 00:38:836 (1,2,3) - and 00:43:619 (2,3,4,1) - . Consider changing them.

  3. 00:56:227 (1,2,1) - Same as above when I mentioned that you should keep these difficulties as clean as possible. The players aren't expecting this sudden rhythm change. You can just ignore the vocal/blue tick beat since there's a completely readable beat on the white tick and map them instead.


ADVANCED



  1. There are some spacing issues on this diff as well, like this 00:40:575 (3,4) - and 00:33:619 (4,1) - . The spacing is quite different, even though you're following the same ticks.
  2. 00:08:836 (1) - The Finish on the beginning is quite random here, since you didn't use on 00:10:575 (4,1) - as well. This section is very soft and calm, you shouldn't use such a strong Finish like this. Plus, this difficulty and LUNATIC are the only diffs where you used a finish on this section.

  3. 00:29:706 (1) - I'm not sure about the blue/red/white tick mix on this section. In my opinion, you should keep the notes only on white and red ticks. You're mixing them a lot, letting the diff inconsistent and less readable. You can mix these rhythms on Hard diffs, they're more appropriated there instead of in a Easy/Normal difficulty. 00:45:793 (1,2) - This is completely readable tho, you can keep it!

EXHAUST


  1. Shouldn't you keep the stack leniency among the diffs consistent? I couldn't understand why the stack leniency here is lower :c

  2. Again, I could notice some spacing issues. You used a lot of jumps on the beginning 00:04:488 (3,4,5,6) - , a calm part, but you used a lot of antijumps on the kiai 01:03:184 (5,6,7,8,1) - , and this section on the kiai is a lot stronger than the beginning. You should add jumps on the kiai and antijumps on the beginning.



(▰˘◡˘▰)
posted

Kuron-kun wrote:

Hey! I won't bubble pop because I can't guarantee a rebubble, so you should self-pop it and ask another BN for a rebubble! I'll just point out some things you can improve on Additional Modding.

Unrankable issues



  1. After some metadata discussion with Lanturn, the title should be either Yuuhei Satellite (if you wanna follow the Circle path) or senya (if you wanna follow the Vocal path). Well I do have some proof proving where I got the metadata from and it's from the main SOUND VOLTEX website. http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/sdvx/ii/p/hitchart/. And I also spoke with Lanturn himself and he gave the okay to the artist.
  2. You should remove the comma on the title. The correct title should be Iro wa Nioedo Chirinuru wo. Removed, changed the title completely to the one given by Konami.

  3. Offscreen slider 00:28:401 (1) - on LUNATIC difficulty, as mentioned by Satellite. Consider changing it. Whoops, changed.

  4. 00:17:966 - From this section and on, the strong beats/new sections are starting on this particular beat. They should start on a big white tick, not in a small white tick. Consider adding a Timing Point on this white tick.
Well,I double checked it and I see that beat is constant, adding another timing section that would just be the same as the inherited section there would just be silly.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Additional Modding




NOVICE



  1. I don't recommend stacking notes in Easy/Beginner diffs, they could be very confusing for new players. Keep in mind that these diffs are usually the very first diff someone will ever play in the game. They should be the cleanest diff on the whole mapset, so I'd highly recommend you to change stacks like 00:07:966 (6,1) - and 00:13:184 (2,1) - for a better readability! Novice is more of an advanced Easy, Basic is the easier difficulty so I wanted to add a bit of challenge but still have it be fun at the same time.

  2. Some circles are with a very inconsistent Distance Snap, such as 00:37:966 (2,3,1) - , 00:38:836 (1,2,3) - and 00:43:619 (2,3,4,1) - . Consider changing them. I changed it a bit to avoid clutter with (2) coming from the long slider, hence why I took off DS in that section.

  3. 00:56:227 (1,2,1) - Same as above when I mentioned that you should keep these difficulties as clean as possible. The players aren't expecting this sudden rhythm change. You can just ignore the vocal/blue tick beat since there's a completely readable beat on the white tick and map them instead.
Nope, like I said, NOVICE is a bit of a Easy/Normal hybrid difficulty, so I wanted to change it up instead adding boring 1/1 people had be hampering me about. 8-)

ADVANCED



  1. There are some spacing issues on this diff as well, like this 00:40:575 (3,4) - and 00:33:619 (4,1) - . The spacing is quite different, even though you're following the same ticks. Fixed.
  2. 00:08:836 (1) - The Finish on the beginning is quite random here, since you didn't use on 00:10:575 (4,1) - as well. This section is very soft and calm, you shouldn't use such a strong Finish like this. Plus, this difficulty and LUNATIC are the only diffs where you used a finish on this section. Removed.

  3. 00:29:706 (1) - I'm not sure about the blue/red/white tick mix on this section. In my opinion, you should keep the notes only on white and red ticks. You're mixing them a lot, letting the diff inconsistent and less readable. You can mix these rhythms on Hard diffs, they're more appropriated there instead of in a Easy/Normal difficulty. 00:45:793 (1,2) - This is completely readable tho, you can keep it!
00:29:706 is a spinner if you check.

EXHAUST


  1. Shouldn't you keep the stack leniency among the diffs consistent? I couldn't understand why the stack leniency here is lower :c

  2. Again, I could notice some spacing issues. You used a lot of jumps on the beginning 00:04:488 (3,4,5,6) - , a calm part, but you used a lot of antijumps on the kiai 01:03:184 (5,6,7,8,1) - , and this section on the kiai is a lot stronger than the beginning. You should add jumps on the kiai and antijumps on the beginning.
To me, I don't personally think I want to add jumps, it wouldn't feel right to me, imo.


(▰˘◡˘▰)
Thank you for the mod.
posted
re-bubble
posted
Hey Crimmi,

Sorry for the delay.

Full mod to follow.
[general]
The dark purple is virtually impossible to see on a black background, which is prevalent in the BG video.

[Timing]
00:17:966 - You need a red line to reset the metronome after the 5/4 measure
Double check how the other ranked maps did it just to verify. This never should have been bubbled with this error.

[SB]
In general, the lyrics need to be faded in. You don't really need it if you're going to put a flash on TOP of the lyrics, but when they just appear it looks bad IMO.
00:31:879 - sb3.png comes in without a fadein. While this is sort of OK, I think it would be better if you fade in for 1/4th or 1/8th of a beat. It may help to fade in the font effect as well using tweening 2.
00:37:966 - sb4.png really needs a fadein. It also fades out before the lyrics are over.
00:45:793 - needs fadein, IMO it needs to move slower and fade out after the next lyrics have begun at 00:52:749 -
00:52:749 - needs fadein
00:59:706 - I like that you're going to fade this out a bit, but you've over exaggerated the effect. Make the scale go down to ~90% then back up to 100%, fade go down to 80% then back to 100%, then repeat 2x and fade out/scale down like normal on the last one.
01:01:227 - see sb3.png. It would help to fade in the font effect as well. Consider using tweening 2.
01:26:227 - you fade out before the lyrics are finished.
posted

ziin wrote:

Hey Crimmi,

Sorry for the delay.

Full mod to follow.
[general]
The dark purple is virtually impossible to see on a black background, which is prevalent in the BG video. I'll change it to a lighter purple.

[Timing]
00:17:966 - You need a red line to reset the metronome after the 5/4 measure
Double check how the other ranked maps did it just to verify. This never should have been bubbled with this error. I figured this would come up again, so as to your advice, I checked on these and they have no redlines after the 5/4 measure. I know you guys say that these mapsets are old, but nonetheless, I checked them after Kuron-kun's mod i'll provide further proof;
  1. Mafiamaster's Ranked set.
  2. shabao_pig's Ranked set.
  3. LoliSora's Ranked set.


[SB]
In general, the lyrics need to be faded in. You don't really need it if you're going to put a flash on TOP of the lyrics, but when they just appear it looks bad IMO.
00:31:879 - sb3.png comes in without a fadein. While this is sort of OK, I think it would be better if you fade in for 1/4th or 1/8th of a beat. It may help to fade in the font effect as well using tweening 2.
00:37:966 - sb4.png really needs a fadein. It also fades out before the lyrics are over.
00:45:793 - needs fadein, IMO it needs to move slower and fade out after the next lyrics have begun at 00:52:749 -
00:52:749 - needs fadein
00:59:706 - I like that you're going to fade this out a bit, but you've over exaggerated the effect. Make the scale go down to ~90% then back up to 100%, fade go down to 80% then back to 100%, then repeat 2x and fade out/scale down like normal on the last one.
01:01:227 - see sb3.png. It would help to fade in the font effect as well. Consider using tweening 2.
01:26:227 - you fade out before the lyrics are finished.
I'll fix up the SB, I should've doubled checked it. Thanks~!
posted
No KD for this, as it's a continuation of the previous.

[general]
remove extra OSB files
Widescreen support is fine. Video is 4:3 with letterbox, no big deal. With widescreen turned on, it means I get to see the video zoomed in.
Audio file is very poor quality. You need a new one with a higher actual bitrate. This one is clearly ~96 kbps. I recommend LoliSora's or Shabadagadingdong's version, and better yet, you can just copy the offsets from there! (this is unrankable btw, so you have to fix it).

[timing]
I'm surprised this wasn't fixed then, but this was before most people used proper timing. A tad bit disappointed they got ranked in that state. Anyway, I guarantee it won't get ranked unless you put in that red timing section. If you really want to contest that, ask a QAT first and state that "this QAT said it was fine". It's not going to hurt anything to fix the metronome, and a major reason for fixing it is for nightcore mod. Seriously, try it out and if you still feel like it's a stupid idea, then by all means don't fix it.

[additional SB]
Make sure when you fade in/out, you also start moving. Nothing looks worse to me than something fading in without moving, then starting moving after it's fully faded in.

[LUNATIC]
00:28:401 (1) - you can make this symmetrical
00:32:749 (3) - anti-jumps like these are designed to be confusing and you really shouldn't use them even to add difficulty. Perhaps it would be easier to change 00:32:532 (2) - to not be a jump, but that opens more inconsistencies. I just ask that you keep spacing in mind. This sort of mapping is in poor taste and reminiscent of 2007.
00:40:575 (5,6,7) - seriously spacing
00:44:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - spacing
00:57:966 (1) - this slider end doesn't have anything relevant in the music here, so you should use a softer hitsound on the slider ends or map it properly according to the music
01:03:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - just going to reiterate what others said before, this stream doesn't actually exist in the music.
01:19:488 (2) - add a third point to this so it's slightly curved
01:25:793 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - doesn't exist in music

[EXHAUST]
What's up with the stack leniency? LUNATIC is 7, this is 2?
00:31:010 (1,2,3,4,5) - I feel like you can make this curve a little bit smoother
00:55:358 (6,7,1) - this erratic spacing drive me crazy man
00:57:966 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I couldn't sightread this because it wasn't in the music. At all. Map it properly or do something with the sounds to accentuate that there's literally nothing in the music to support this.
01:24:923 (8,9,1) - spacing

[ADVANCED]
00:57:966 (1,2,3) - stacks play havoc with spacing, especially when you use such a low physical spacing. Higher values aren't a problem, but be extra careful when the circles overlap. It wouldn't be a bad thing to make (1) 1/4th shorter.
01:15:358 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:18:836 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:25:358 (5) - spacing

[BASIC]
00:14:923 (2) - spacing. Be careful of what inherited timing sections do. Actually, why is there a SV change here in the first place? There are no sliders!
01:13:619 (3) - extend this slider out to white tick. Red tick doesn't fit with the music, and it's easy.
posted

ziin wrote:

[general]
Audio file is very poor quality. You need a new one with a higher actual bitrate. This one is clearly ~96 kbps. I recommend LoliSora's or Shabadagadingdong's version, and better yet, you can just copy the offsets from there! (this is unrankable btw, so you have to fix it).
This is from the old mp3:


Isn't the minimum kbps 128? So how did you get 96? 0.0 And I don't feel comfortable taking others' mp3 files. Meh.

ziin wrote:

No KD for this, as it's a continuation of the previous.

[general]
remove extra OSB files
Widescreen support is fine. Video is 4:3 with letterbox, no big deal. With widescreen turned on, it means I get to see the video zoomed in.
Audio file is very poor quality. You need a new one with a higher actual bitrate. This one is clearly ~96 kbps. I recommend LoliSora's or Shabadagadingdong's version, and better yet, you can just copy the offsets from there! (this is unrankable btw, so you have to fix it).

[timing]
I'm surprised this wasn't fixed then, but this was before most people used proper timing. A tad bit disappointed they got ranked in that state. Anyway, I guarantee it won't get ranked unless you put in that red timing section. If you really want to contest that, ask a QAT first and state that "this QAT said it was fine". It's not going to hurt anything to fix the metronome, and a major reason for fixing it is for nightcore mod. Seriously, try it out and if you still feel like it's a stupid idea, then by all means don't fix it.

[additional SB]
Make sure when you fade in/out, you also start moving. Nothing looks worse to me than something fading in without moving, then starting moving after it's fully faded in.

[LUNATIC]
00:28:401 (1) - you can make this symmetrical
00:32:749 (3) - anti-jumps like these are designed to be confusing and you really shouldn't use them even to add difficulty. Perhaps it would be easier to change 00:32:532 (2) - to not be a jump, but that opens more inconsistencies. I just ask that you keep spacing in mind. This sort of mapping is in poor taste and reminiscent of 2007.
00:40:575 (5,6,7) - seriously spacing
00:44:053 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - spacing
00:57:966 (1) - this slider end doesn't have anything relevant in the music here, so you should use a softer hitsound on the slider ends or map it properly according to the music
01:03:184 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) - just going to reiterate what others said before, this stream doesn't actually exist in the music.
01:19:488 (2) - add a third point to this so it's slightly curved
01:25:793 (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9) - doesn't exist in music

[EXHAUST]
What's up with the stack leniency? LUNATIC is 7, this is 2?
00:31:010 (1,2,3,4,5) - I feel like you can make this curve a little bit smoother
00:55:358 (6,7,1) - this erratic spacing drive me crazy man
00:57:966 (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4) - I couldn't sightread this because it wasn't in the music. At all. Map it properly or do something with the sounds to accentuate that there's literally nothing in the music to support this.
01:24:923 (8,9,1) - spacing

[ADVANCED]
00:57:966 (1,2,3) - stacks play havoc with spacing, especially when you use such a low physical spacing. Higher values aren't a problem, but be extra careful when the circles overlap. It wouldn't be a bad thing to make (1) 1/4th shorter.
01:15:358 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:18:836 (1,2,3) - spacing
01:25:358 (5) - spacing

[BASIC]
00:14:923 (2) - spacing. Be careful of what inherited timing sections do. Actually, why is there a SV change here in the first place? There are no sliders!
01:13:619 (3) - extend this slider out to white tick. Red tick doesn't fit with the music, and it's easy.
Removed the SB, it's been 3 years, I doubt anybody gave a hoot about it but thanks for the tips ziin and thank you for the extra mod~
posted
Hey Crimmi! try using your magic word to get this ranked!
posted

ezek wrote:

Hey Crimmi! try using your magic word to get this ranked!
lol~
show more
Please sign in to reply.