forum

are you learning a language?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kit-
if so which one and how far are you into it
WitherMite
English, been learning for about 20 years, still can't hold a conversation.
Flanster
While I have interests in some languages, got no motivation to start learning any actively.
Zelzatter Zero
English (currently at 6.5)

Japanese, but through Duolingo (I stopped a long time ago just because of how unintuitive it is)
Chiru-kun
Japanese but I stopped learning kanji for a month because of classes... for now, I'm learning vocab but at a random pace... trying to get back recently at a normal pace. I hope so
Mentee
At the moment I know 4 languages, and I'm surprisingly fluent at them. (English, Filipino/Tagalog, Spanish, French)

I'm planning to learn Japanese, and I know a few friends of mine that will help me out throughout that journey.
Chromeng
I just learned Korean / Hangeul through duolingo, I guess that worked pretty well. I know how to read a certain letter and now I just need to learn more vocabularies and probably a little bit of grammar.
Samuel_Haus
Spanish, German, French are the ones I'm learning. I remember hearing that around 55% of everything on the internet is in english, which is why so many people learn English through games and things like that. I'm decent at spanish, ok ish at german, and pretty terrible at french (only learning french for my geneve bros)
Dilly_P
Spanish, idk, I’ve done 4/6 of the high schools courses lol
JQamo
Nuuskamuikkunen
English C1, and the only decent one.

French A2
Japanese, almost reaching N4
Portuguese A2
Dutch Pre-A1
Korean (but I barely know hangul)

I'm interested in Tagalog, Mandarin, Malay, Italian, German and Vietnamese buuuuut, I'll leave those for later till I get fluent enough in one more language.

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

English (currently at 6.5)

Japanese, but through Duolingo (I stopped a long time ago just because of how unintuitive it is)
For anyone learning Japanese and wants free learning resources.
Duolingo is okay, as long as you use other resources.
I recommend you the NHK Japanese course to start learning. It is an excellent complemet that lets you have a grasp of the grammar explained in a simple way.

Also, I heavily recommend you to check the comments at each phrase. They usually explain how does that phrase work or how is it read. Also, I'm a frequent commenter in there. I guess you'll recognize me.
MyGirlMiia95

WitherMite wrote:

English, been learning for about 20 years, still can't hold a conversation.
Same, I pretty much gave up on english and started learning a new language. Currently learning japanese at the moment.
WitherMite
Oh sry, i was making a joke about how bad I am at talking to people, english is my native language. I havent tried to learn a new language because it just doesnt interest me enough to put in the effort required. You multi-lingual people amaze me.
lmfao
I just started taking Latin this year. I took Spanish for 3 years before so it's not that bad actually.
Corne2Plum3
python
Cieros
I´m trying learn english, still stay in the basic 1
Adinda
English ,but still bad lol
Himada
Learning spanish and some hungarian, halp
haha i rolypoly
im too bored to learn any languages
however in high school i'll probably take a japanese class like the weeb i am
AmyRunes