forum

Official OT! Parliament 2020 election

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

OT! Parliament election 2020

Beloved fellow denizens of OT.
I am honored today to announce the OT! Parliament member election for the year 2020.

This election will pick out four out of six registered candidates to serve as members in the OT! Parliament.
This election will last for a week. The results will be announced shortly after.

As stated in the OT! amendments, the Parliament's duties are:

- Set and absolve laws; set taxes, fees, tolls and other official burdens.

- Keep track and uphold official institutions.

- Keep track of and uphold intra-forum industry.

- Administrate the OTPD and other government agencies.

- Ensure quality remains within the forums.

Further specific details of each member's duties will be specified once they're elected into the OT! Parliament.

Voting rules and list of candidates

Rules throughout the voting duration:

- Each and every single OT denizen has the right to vote. Although voting isn't mandatory, denizens are encouraged to vote.
- Candidates are allowed to vote, even if it's for themselves.
- Denizen's votes will only be accepted through DMs as stated in the "How to vote" section. Votes that doesn't follow voting instructions will be ignored.
- Denizens who are serving OT jail time or have lost their right to vote by the decision of the OT high court will not be allowed to vote.
- A denizen's vote will be cancelled or considered to be invalid in the following circumstances:
  • + The vote was by a denizen that has recently lost denizenship.
  • + The denizen's vote was accepted but said denizen have lost their denizenship during the voting duration.
  • + The denizen's vote was proven to have been influenced by bribery or any other kinds of voter manipulation.
- Acts of voter manipulation like buying votes, bribery or rigging the voting system is strictly forbidden. Any candidates that are found to be violated will be disqualified and will have to answer to the OT! Court.
- Candidates are not allowed to cooperate in any circumstances for any reason.
- Be civil and respectful. Debates between candidates are allowed as long as they are civil and under goodwill. Acts of defamation towards candidates without any factual evidence to back up the claims will be punished accordingly to the severity of each case.
- Candidates will have to have at least one vote to be eligible for position in Parliament.
- At the end of the election, 4 out of 6 candidates with the highest amount of votes will be picked to serve as members of the OT! Parliament.
- The voting period will last for one week and the results will be announced soon after in a different thread.
- If there isn't enough votes to get to a decision, or when candidates have the same amount of votes, then the OT! Parliament will decide on who will be accepted.

List of candidates:
  • Ashton
  • Dyl-Byl
  • Lights
  • samX500
  • Keremaru
  • levesterz

How to vote:

Please send me a private message of who you'd like to vote for. You can either use the forum's messaging functions or through Discord DMs.
After you've voted, please confirm your vote on the 'Official OT! Parliament 2020 election' thread. You can do so by simply posting a comment to this thread saying that you've voted like "I voted". You're not required to share whom you've voted for.
After your vote have been confirmed, you will be given a random and unique voting token.
When the voting statistics is released, you will be able to see your token along with your vote.

You can vote for one of the following candidates:
- Ashton
- Dyl-Byl
- Lights
- samX500
- Keremaru
- levesterz
KatouMegumi
Lights

KatouMegumi wrote:

My vote won't matter anyway, as it won't be accounted.
Stop being a grumpy boi, go eat a slice of pizza ^^
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci

KatouMegumi wrote:

My vote won't matter anyway, as it won't be accounted.
Either way, if you don't know who to vote for, vote for Lights in my place.
If you're a denizen and your denizenship isn't revoked for any reason then your vote will be counted.
You can confirm it yourself with the token you receive after you've voted when the results are announced.
Also, should a vote not accepted for any reason then you will receive a DM about it, or if we can't reach you via DMs, then it will be announced on this thread.
Lights
I vowoted
TeeArctic1
Alea iacta est

I voted

Glory to OT
keremaru
I tuwu have voted.
KatouMegumi
so, I voted. Hoping my vote will be reviewed.
[LS]PositoniX
voted
Hydreigon
i have voted.
Corne2Plum3
Can not vote
Nuuskamuikkunen
vöted
KatouMegumi
Lights

KatouMegumi wrote:

DeletedUser_6709840
voted
samX500
I voted
abraker
vot'd'th'st
Ashton
I voted.

Hopefully I get in so I can murder abraker.
keremaru

Ashton wrote:

I voted.

Hopefully I get in so I can murder abraker.
Hopefully I get in so I can prevent Ashton from murdering abraker and instead taunt him to attempt to kill me. Dear Parvos, I need relief.
Topic Starter
Tad Fibonacci
There has been plenty of voters in the last 40 hours. However, we need even more voters to reach a conclusive and satisfying results.
Any denizen who haven't voted yet, please do. By voting, you are doing your part in deciding OT's future.

show more