forum

Errors combining osu!std and osu!mania elements into a single skin "Unable to import skin" [SOLVED]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FrostyF
Hi all,

Currently I play standard with azer- ite skin and mania with the YUGEN skin. When I've attempted to combine them I did the following:

1.) Paste the [mania] settings from YUGEN skin .ini into azer- ite .ini

2.) Copied the mania elements from YUGEN in to azer– ite (wiki/en/Skinning/osu%21mania)
*Searched mania and copied elements listed (except the duplicate menu items)
*Copied over the lightingL and lightingN as well

Then I tried to load in the folder by placing into the skins folder of my osu!. None of the elements registered and it was the osu! default skin. Then I zipped the folder (export .osk didn't work because it thought it was default) and renamed the extension to .osk and tried to import it the normal way. It said "unable to import skin".

Any ideas why this didn't work or what I need to do to fix this issue?

Edit:

Figured it out. I had a / in the osu! skin name folder title which cause it to be unreadable by the client. Changing the name from azer -ite/YUGEN to azer - ite - YUGEN fixed it
Corne2Plum3
You should use the "Export skin" option from the game instead of making the .osk yourself.
Topic Starter
FrostyF

Corne2Plum3 wrote:

You should use the "Export skin" option from the game instead of making the .osk yourself.
So I have the merged-skin folder inside my skins folder (I made it while the osu! client was closed). When I booted up osu! and selected the new skin it registers it as the default skin and cannot be exported as a result.

Afterwards I closed the client and then moved the merged-skin folder out of the skins folder, zipped it, and manually changed the file extension. I add the .osk to the skins folder and it gave the "Unable to import skin" message.

I must have done something wrong when moving elements from the YUGEN skin to the Azer -ite skin copy but I am not sure what.

Edit:
Nothing was wrong with the skin. It just had illegal characters in the name so it couldn't be read by osu!